Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well maybe I can get it after all. NamesteVapesUK have written they will fulfill the 10-year guarantee.
Still, the battery isn't covered by them or PAX for over a year I think.
Anyone know if it is possible to get access to the battery? Then it should be relatively simple to replace it.
I used Pax for 20 months as only vape, maybe 4 to 8 bowls/day. Put it on charger very often, whether low or not. It was still going strong when I upgraded toe Pax2 recently. Great batteries, Smart device, and I believe Pax2 has only gotten better. I think not-so-easy to service yourself, but you have options with a guy on this forum, who has an in with the company.
And his/her name (help me out here, friends) is....

vapviking,

iBeta

And his/her name (help me out here, friends) is....
Do you mean Ojan? I've ordered one from NamasteUK - they say they will cover the 10yr warranty-which I think is overrated as the battery IS going to go long before 10yrs. i would, though, like to check it isn't fake when it arrives.

iBeta,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Do you mean Ojan? I've ordered one from NamasteUK - they say they will cover the 10yr warranty-which I think is overrated as the battery IS going to go long before 10yrs. i would, though, like to check it isn't fake when it arrives.

yes, that's the name. He should be able to confirm the retailer.
btw, I was pleased to have a battery go strong approaching 2 years and might have gone more, in pretty heavy use. And the quality of these seems like it may last through several batteries. Can't say this for my Craftys, one battery was worn out after 2 months/65 hrs use! (Others lasted 2 months and 4 months, but the units failed before their batteries.)
Naturally, after stuff like this, we long for quality vapes with user replaceable batteries.:nod:
Grasshopper or Zion, anyone?
Still, you've made a great selection. Happy vaping.

vapviking,

iBeta

yes, that's the name. He should be able to confirm the retailer.
I do not think Namaste are authorised as such. That is why they say they will handle the warranty themselves - PAX will not be involved.
I did try to get one from PaxUK - all they would say is they will be in denmark 'soon'. They did not reply when I asked if I could get it delivered to an address in the UK, whilst paying over here.

Still, you've made a great selection. Happy vaping.
Thanks, in fact this is my first vape, and i must say I am very addicted to combusting tobacco, resin, etc. I hope that it not the acutal act of combustion that I'm hooked on:-), and that the vaped substances will be just as, er, effective.

iBeta,
By resin do you mean the black tar from inside a pipe? I smoked that a lot in high school, when I was really desperate. Why would anyone smoke that as their primary material? Or do you mean something else entirely? I wouldn't recommend putting resin in a Pax, resin is disgusting and would be a pain in the ass to clean out.

jurassicvape,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've not heard hashish called resin either. I answered iBeta's first question (above) about resin and I suggested oils are not a good idea in Pax2. I have no experience with hash in a vape.

vapviking,

iBeta

I live in the eu, but hail from the UK. AFAIR hash/resin were pretty interchangeable.
Am excited to get it (Thursday:clap:) - would be great if I could vape tobacco and get the same nico-hit as when smoking. Am also not 100% sure that the tobacco/hash mix will work - most people seem to use it to smoke weed.

iBeta,

PAX 2 THE FUTURE

This is how my Pax 2 acted before it got to the point where I couldn't turn it on. This was after daily use since April. If it's really a problem you'll have to deal without it for two weeks, but the team fixed me up. I'm enjoying my new Pax 2, still charcoal and still beautiful.
What sucks is mine is engraved from the Odin event. It seems to be getting worse.

Modnote: Edited to move reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
PAX 2 THE FUTURE,

koolburger

I live in the eu, but hail from the UK. AFAIR hash/resin were pretty interchangeable.
Am excited to get it (Thursday:clap:) - would be great if I could vape tobacco and get the same nico-hit as when smoking. Am also not 100% sure that the tobacco/hash mix will work - most people seem to use it to smoke weed.

I tried some hash in the Pax2, didn't have the greatest of succes. I mixed the hash with tobacco 50/50 and the taste was mainly tobacco and the hash didn't give off that much vapor, got a bit buzzed tho'. For hash I would recommend a convection vape. I have been having great results with the original DaVinci, heat up your brick of hash and break it up into as small fragments as possible and vape away, no need to add tobacco. It does however tend to clog up your system really fast and requires you to clean after 2 sessions.
As for the Pax2 and herb I couldn't be happier, what an incredible product.

koolburger,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
IBeta
Maybe some really dry, crumbly hash, we used to call it blond, and one main thing is it needs to broken up to have a lot of exposed surface area. I think combined with flower best, packed firmly and an occasional stir after it's been warmed will expose more of the inner beauty.
And Koolburger is correct. Dark, gooey hash will be especially messy.

DabbedOut33

Is it true this company has disassociated itself from the term "Ploom"? I haven't seen that term used on any of the pieces on their site, as I am very interested in getting one to add to my collection.

DabbedOut33,

Justpassedu

Is it true this company has disassociated itself from the term "Ploom"? I haven't seen that term used on any of the pieces on their site, as I am very interested in getting one to add to my collection.
Yes it is now just Pax . You will not regret getting 1 , they improved greatly on the original. It works really well and has a 10yr warranty , plus it's small. Tastes way better than that apple your smoking out of in your pic.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: akira1977

iBeta

I tried some hash in the Pax2, didn't have the greatest of succes. I mixed the hash with tobacco 50/50 and the taste was mainly tobacco and the hash didn't give off that much vapor, got a bit buzzed tho'. For hash I would recommend a convection vape.
50:50 ? - think I had more like 10:90. Get through about 3 grams/week, but it is quite strong - for me anyway. Get pissed on 3 pints of bitter so maybe it's a low tolerance thing.

Maybe some really dry, crumbly hash, we used to call it blond, and one main thing is it needs to broken up to have a lot of exposed surface area. I think combined with flower best, packed firmly and an occasional stir after it's been warmed will expose more of the inner beauty.
Have just tried with hash tobacco, and the result is quite good- at least I think so. It is difficult, 'cos this is the first time I've even tried to vape. Others have mentioned that without the combustible toxic byproducts, the feeling is slightly different - am beginning to think that is correct.

Anyway, I suppose its primary purpose was to help cut out smoking tobacco. The hash vaping is a bonus, and am cautiously optimistic so far. Certainly the hash that came out of the oven was a completely different substance than what went in. And I do feel stoned, just a slightly different feeling. The other horrific possibility is a mixture of the placebo effect and oxygen starvation are causing the stoned like sensation.

Seriously I really like the device so far - easy to use, no mess and VERY innocuous looking. The mouthpiece design is great, and absolutely no burning, or even heat sensation on 4 petals.

koolburger

50:50 ? - think I had more like 10:90. Get through about 3 grams/week, but it is quite strong - for me anyway. Get pissed on 3 pints of bitter so maybe it's a low tolerance thing.

Have just tried with hash tobacco, and the result is quite good- at least I think so. It is difficult, 'cos this is the first time I've even tried to vape. Others have mentioned that without the combustible toxic byproducts, the feeling is slightly different - am beginning to think that is correct.

Anyway, I suppose its primary purpose was to help cut out smoking tobacco. The hash vaping is a bonus, and am cautiously optimistic so far. Certainly the hash that came out of the oven was a completely different substance than what went in. And I do feel stoned, just a slightly different feeling. The other horrific possibility is a mixture of the placebo effect and oxygen starvation are causing the stoned like sensation.

Seriously I really like the device so far - easy to use, no mess and VERY innocuous looking. The mouthpiece design is great, and absolutely no burning, or even heat sensation on 4 petals.

In the name of science, or somesuch, I tried some red afghan hash in the Pax2. Broke it into tiny crumbled bits and used the screen trick from this thread, it worked like a charm, got very medicated. No need to add any tobacco or other material. To further my research I got hold of some pollen hash. Didn't seem to fair all that well, got a bit of taste, but it tended to leave a helluva lot of residue in the vaporpath, way more than the red afghan, which is quite dry in comparison. I used about 0.1 gram of each. Next I took about the same amount of pollen and added .05 of quite dry herb to the pollen, that seemed to work the best out of all my tries, and will definately recommend adding a bit of herb, the taste is outstanding espicially the herb/pollen mix. Been very medicated the last couple of days :)

RaffOutLoud

Hey all, I posted a couple weeks ago about putting my Pax 2 in a checked bag on a flight. Thank you for the advice and the reassurance.

We drove to our vacation so we could bring lots of goodies and flew back so I had to clean the Pax in the hotel. That is really what had me the most concerned (like not being able to do a good enough job) but soaking the screen and pusher in iso overnight the night before the flight took care of the problem areas. Got a pouch of tobacco, ran a bowl of it through the Pax, loaded it up with another, and then put the Pax and pouch together in the bag.

I'm glad I'm able to check it. I get stopped at security literally every single time I fly. This time they had to pull out my laptop to do the bomb residue wipe test (which I have had done to me 6 times, including the inside of a cast when I broke my wrist.)

RaffOutLoud,

Mr. Me2

Hey all, I posted a couple weeks ago about putting my Pax 2 in a checked bag on a flight. Thank you for the advice and the reassurance.

We drove to our vacation so we could bring lots of goodies and flew back so I had to clean the Pax in the hotel. That is really what had me the most concerned (like not being able to do a good enough job) but soaking the screen and pusher in iso overnight the night before the flight took care of the problem areas. Got a pouch of tobacco, ran a bowl of it through the Pax, loaded it up with another, and then put the Pax and pouch together in the bag.

I'm glad I'm able to check it. I get stopped at security literally every single time I fly. This time they had to pull out my laptop to do the bomb residue wipe test (which I have had done to me 6 times, including the inside of a cast when I broke my wrist.)
Today I saw a story on the news about e-cig batteries exploding. The story had 2 angles; 1 about the risk of injury, and the other about airlines flagging devices with these batteries.

So the days of being able to fly with these may be ending...

Mr. Me2,

iBeta

In the name of science, or somesuch, I tried some red afghan hash in the Pax2. Broke it into tiny crumbled bits and used the screen trick from this thread, it worked like a charm, got very medicated.
That sounds good, the only screen I've got is the oven screen that came with. Am guessing that is not what you meant.

No need to add any tobacco or other material. To further my research I got hold of some pollen hash. Didn't seem to fair all that well, got a bit of taste, but it tended to leave a helluva lot of residue in the vaporpath, way more than the red afghan, which is quite dry in comparison. I used about 0.1 gram of each. Next I took about the same amount of pollen and added .05 of quite dry herb to the pollen, that seemed to work the best out of all my tries, and will definately recommend adding a bit of herb, the taste is outstanding espicially the herb/pollen mix. Been very medicated the last couple of days :)
That sounds even better:D. How would you rate the medication/gram compared to combusting? I'm starting to think that vaping wins, but have only been vaping for (nearly) 2 days. For sure the coughing has improved.

iBeta,

akira1977

@koolburger lucky you that can find some good hash like red afghan... :D

I have a question: I saw that the charger of Pax 2 has the options to put the AC charger of Pax 1.

Since I have a lot of ac adapter, the Voltage is 9V, and the minimum Ampere?

Thank you very much! ;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@koolburger lucky you that can find some good hash like red afghan... :D

I have a question: I saw that the charger of Pax 2 has the options to put the AC charger of Pax 1.

Since I have a lot of ac adapter, the Voltage is 9V, and the minimum Ampere?

Thank you very much! ;)
I purchased a pax2 AC charger. It says Output 9V 1.3A

vapviking,

httmfr

Got caught Pax'in in at a Pigeons Playing Ping Pong concert in 9:30 Club last night...red handed

Near the end of the show a girl came up beside me and asked what I was smoking while I am hitting it. I exhale a bunch of vapor as I turn towards her to offer a hit and realize she's a security guard for the venue:bang::uhoh::cuss::ugh:
She grabs it and examines it. Holds it up to smell it.,:shrug:

Gave it back to me and said gotta take that outside. Forgot it's fuckin legal in DC now. :rofl:I live in Maryland

I snuck joints into this place for 10 years and I get caught with the most discrete vaporizer in the world. This thing has just made me lazy

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They have an AC charger for $14.99 for PAX 2. Just ordered one on friday. I have been using the charger for PAX, they said at launch they were compatible.
Te reason I picked up the Pax2 AC Charger is that it charges the Pax2 more quickly than the usb does. It still uses the same magnetic charging cradle, but it plugs into the round hole on that cradle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom