Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukevh

For those of you who have been using the Pax 2 as your Daily driver, are you pleased with its efficiency? I have found that my consumption has increased dramatically after switching from the the Arizer solo to the VapeXhale Evo. I know the OG Pax was a bit of an herb hog, but I would love to hear what you pax 2 users have to say.

Lukevh,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Today i have been messing around with micro loads in my Pax2!
I use the u-shaped screen technique to hold the load in place, it is also tamped down quite firmly.

First video is 0,05g of Pink Kush.
For these tests i started on MAX.
Further tests were done at temp 2 first and then temp 4, way better flavour and still very good clouds!

Video 1:

Video 2:
0,1g of Pink Kush at MAX

Not my favourite vape but it is an awesome, discreet and stealth vape to have!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Today i have been messing around with micro loads in my Pax2!
I use the u-shaped screen technique to hold the load in place, it is also tamped down quite firmly.

First video is 0,05g of Pink Kush.
For these tests i started on MAX.
Further tests were done at temp 2 first and then temp 4, way better flavour and still very good clouds!

Video 1:

Video 2:
0,1g of Pink Kush at MAX

Not my favourite vape but it is an awesome, discreet and stealth vape to have!
What did you use to make that Water tool?

Vapetrees,

lazylathe

Almost there...
What did you use to make that Water tool?

I have a tub of two part medical grade addition curing silicone, rated safe for 500C, and a PV Solo Gong

It works really well, looks like crap but is a good proof of concept!
I may even make one out of wood so it looks a lot better!
Looks ghetto at the moment...

EDIT:
Just sliced the top ugly part off!
Looks way better and i can still access the button with the cover on!
This had definitely changed the Pax2 for me!!

Last edited:
lazylathe,
Reactions: akira1977

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I have a tub of two part medical grade addition curing silicone, rated safe for 500C, and a PV Solo Gong

I may even make one out of wood so it looks a lot better!
Looks ghetto at the moment...

EDIT:
Just sliced the top ugly part off!
Looks way better and i can still access the button with the cover on!
Sounds good. Do you have close up pictures of the newly trimmed piece?

Vapetrees,
Reactions: akira1977

akira1977

Looks like someone had some good test material lying around... :lol:

About one month ago I was in Netherlands... :love:

A lot of VERY good materials, but chinese copy of Pax taken from eBay...

Now I have the ORIGINAL Pax 2, but no materials, even average quality...

I hope some good stuff will arrive soon... :D

Very good work man!!! Congratulations!!! ;)

Can I ask you why it's so different? ( taste, easy of use... ??? )

Thank you very much! :)

Sounds good. Do you have close up pictures of the newly trimmed piece?

I'm very curious too!!! :nod::tup:

akira1977,
Reactions: Vapetrees

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vapetrees @akira1977

Here is what the cleaned up version looks like!
I am sure @Ratchett could whip something up that would be just as effective for a glass air path.
I want to make another version that slopes up the Gong for more stability.

IMG_2174_zpsrormqkbs.jpg

IMG_2173_zps1loglyma.jpg

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Vapefiend is authorized to sell PAX 2 in the UK and Germany currently, so I wouldn't expect them to ship to Italy :\
Hi Ojan,
I am from spain. Bought muy original through a friend that lived in the usa, but now he is back herre.
I want a PAX 2. Are you planning to ship to Spain anytime soon? Is this shop an authorized retailer?
https://magicvaporizers.es/vaporizador-pax-2?gclid=CNKg4I7_0MgCFYmRGwodxZAI8g
Anyway I'd rather buy directly from you. Could I buy the PAX 2 with a spanish credit card and have it sent to the uk? I have another friend there.

Thx!!

overvaped,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Hi Ojan,
I am from spain. Bought muy original through a friend that lived in the usa, but now he is back herre.
I want a PAX 2. Are you planning to ship to Spain anytime soon? Is this shop an authorized retailer?
Anyway I'd rather buy directly from you. Could I buy the PAX 2 with a spanish credit card and have it sent to the uk? I have another friend there.

Thx!!

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/pax-2-vaporizer.html ships to Spain or UK no problems and 10 year warranty. :tup:

Mzamsterdam

Hello FC Family,
A question for those with Charcoal Pax 2's. Does your petals charge a pulsing blue instead of white? Mine seems to be doing this. Help! Thanks everyone!

Mzamsterdam,

whatavape

Engineering the stars since '01
Its taking several pushes to get the unit to turn on. It comes and goes. Im thinking its only a matter of time before it stops working completely.

This is how my Pax 2 acted before it got to the point where I couldn't turn it on. This was after daily use since April. If it's really a problem you'll have to deal without it for two weeks, but the team fixed me up. I'm enjoying my new Pax 2, still charcoal and still beautiful.

Hello FC Family,
A question for those with Charcoal Pax 2's. Does your petals charge a pulsing blue instead of white? Mine seems to be doing this. Help! Thanks everyone!

I've now had 2 charcoal Pax 2s, and never had this happen. My current one is a Simon model and my original (RIP) was a non-Simon. I don't think that's normal since they are advertised in the PAX Labs videos as charging with a white pulse. You may want to pm Ojan and contact support.

whatavape,

JohnDank

Hello FC Family,

i got a charcoal one and it charges with white pedals

JohnDank,

Mzamsterdam

Thanks guys! Seems I got a fake pax 2. Funny thing is that it works just as well as my silver. However, I noticed a few distinct differences. Will definitely post pictures for others to be aware.

Mzamsterdam,

iBeta

Thanks for the info - am just about to order a PAX2.
One thing I like, if true, is that they state that all materials in the vapour path are medical grade. Materials do not have to burn to give off harmful substances:-)
Thing is, I usually smoke resin - weed only rarely. Would the pax 2 vapourise resin effectively?
Also am guessing it can also be used with regular tobacco?

Thanks guys! Seems I got a fake pax 2. Funny thing is that it works just as well as my silver.....
Why? it was probably made in the same factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
iBeta,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
One thing I like, if true, is that they state that all materials in the vapour path are medical grade. Materials do not have to burn to give off harmful substances:-)
Thing is, I usually smoke resin - weed only rarely. Would the pax 2 vapourise resin effectively?

Welcome.
I'd be reluctant to put much resinous stuff through a Pax 2, though I have put small amounts of relcaim in, sandwiched between flower. The vapor path (tube) is narrow (might clog pretty soon) and the draw is slow on these, about like the first Pax. The oven would be hard to keep clean after a lot of resin/oil material, imo.

These products are advertised by the manufacturer for use as tobacco and other (listed) loose leaf materials. (They don't sell any oil-use accessories, etc.) Me, I'm happily nicotine free for 5 years this past Oct 4., and blissfully combustion-free for well over two years now.

The taste alone of a nice vaped bud might win you away from resin, as primary material. Overall, Pax2 is real good at this. :nod:

This may not directly apply, but interesting post by grokit over on the Mighty thread:

I'm guessing you're new to vaping, if so wait a few more weeks to wean you off of the toxic by-products of combustion, which can add a "stony" effect that won't feel so much like a high once you get re-acclimated.

Be sure to get a genuine product (10 year warranty!), maybe from one of this forum's sponsors, or direct from Pax. :wave:

vapviking,
Reactions: Krizzle

Michel

I often vape solid hash and I always choose the pax 2 from my line-up. A thin layer of ABV on the screen is all it needs to prevent it from clogging. Frequent cleaning is necessary of course when vaping resinous material.
The pax loaded with hash(-ish) can easily take me through an entire day without the need of charging the battery or re-loading the bowl. Very stealthy.
I guess in the near future a vapman will replace it for hash vaping, at least at home. I would prefer not to mix the hash with weed/ABV to enjoy the pure taste, I guess this wouldn't work well with the pax.

iBeta

The taste alone of a nice vaped bud might win you away from resin, as primary material. Overall, Pax2 is real good at this.
Ah, maybe. I gave up on weed cos' resin is relatively cheap and easy to get (ya Christiania :clap:) and imo combusts smoother with a better hit.

I often vape solid hash and I always choose the pax 2 from my line-up. A thin layer of ABV on the screen is all it needs to prevent it from clogging.
Thanks, that's good to know. Unfortuately just found out they only authorise selling to selected eu countries, so it might be difficult to get (with the 10 yr warranty).

iBeta

Well maybe I can get it after all. NamesteVapesUK have written they will fulfill the 10-year guarantee.
Still, the battery isn't covered by them or PAX for over a year I think.
Anyone know if it is possible to get access to the battery? Then it should be relatively simple to replace it.

iBeta,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom