Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

collegeKid101

I had it on my iPad charger for like two hours tho. I'll keep it on when I get home, but I think it's gone.

Yeah the other person left it over night and woke up to it finally charging, but that's also one anecdotal story, I agree with Mr. Me 2, if a really long charge doesn't work then I'd start the RMA process ASAP

collegeKid101,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
So I haven't charged my pax 2 in about a week and when I put it on the charger it doesn't even light up. I don't know what happened, I've tried many different types of USB chargers.

Hmm let's first make sure your PAX is making a good connection with the charger (simple, I know, but you'd be surprised how often it works). Try these steps in order:

- Using your thumbnail, or something similar, locate the gold charge pins on the back of your PAX and press on each of them firmly. Try to press them down into the device further - they shouldn't budge at all.

- Use a Q tip and a small amount of rubbing alcohol to swab both the device's and charger's gold charge contacts. Then dry them.

- To reseat your PAX on the charger, hover it about half an inch over the dock. Don't set it on there, but let the magnets attract and pull the dock up onto the device.

- If still no lights, double check the power adapter and make sure it's meeting the DC 5v 1A minimum requirement. Even some that say they're rated at 1A don't consistently output that. I've had chargers work fine for a week then just stop, so maybe shoot for one that's 1.2A or higher if you have it.

- If you're still not seeing lights, sad to say we should consider a warranty inspection. Submit one of our support forms and PM me the case number so I can bump ya up the queue.

Sorry for the troubles!

Justpassedu

@Ojan_at_PAX What's the good word on some new Pax models , I saw some info floating around the forum but was wondering if you possibly could release a bit more info on this ? Pax 2 is working great by the way . Love this little thing.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
@Ojan_at_PAX What's the good word on some new Pax models , I saw some info floating around the forum but was wondering if you possibly could release a bit more info on this ? Pax 2 is working great by the way . Love this little thing.

So glad you're loving it! I can't say anything about anything other than what's already out there. I rather enjoy my job ;)

Two Scoops

Hmm let's first make sure your PAX is making a good connection with the charger (simple, I know, but you'd be surprised how often it works). Try these steps in order:

- Using your thumbnail, or something similar, locate the gold charge pins on the back of your PAX and press on each of them firmly. Try to press them down into the device further - they shouldn't budge at all.

- Use a Q tip and a small amount of rubbing alcohol to swab both the device's and charger's gold charge contacts. Then dry them.

- To reseat your PAX on the charger, hover it about half an inch over the dock. Don't set it on there, but let the magnets attract and pull the dock up onto the device.

- If still no lights, double check the power adapter and make sure it's meeting the DC 5v 1A minimum requirement. Even some that say they're rated at 1A don't consistently output that. I've had chargers work fine for a week then just stop, so maybe shoot for one that's 1.2A or higher if you have it.

- If you're still not seeing lights, sad to say we should consider a warranty inspection. Submit one of our support forms and PM me the case number so I can bump ya up the queue.

Sorry for the troubles!
I've tried pushing the contacts in with my nail and a paper clip, and I've checked two chargers both rated 5.3V and 2A. I also tried cleaning it with 91% iso alcohol. It seems like the battery is just not able to be charged anymore. I filled out a support request yesterday around 6 PM central time. I'll PM you the case number. Thanks for the help, I do love this pax and I'm hoping I can get it up and running again soon.

Two Scoops,

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
I've tried pushing the contacts in with my nail and a paper clip, and I've checked two chargers both rated 5.3V and 2A. I also tried cleaning it with 91% iso alcohol. It seems like the battery is just not able to be charged anymore. I filled out a support request yesterday around 6 PM central time. I'll PM you the case number. Thanks for the help, I do love this pax and I'm hoping I can get it up and running again soon.

Appreciate your update and PM! Sorry it didn't help :( I'll make sure you get a reply asap.

collegeKid101

I was having a bit of buyers remorse after droppin so much money on this device but after just one night I regret nothing :lol: I'm already noticing that the flat rubber mp is what accounts for the majority of the smell while the device is off. Could this be because it's porous? Like would printing a non pourous silicone mp make the smell not stick to it? (Just speculating here)

Mr. Me2

I was having a bit of buyers remorse after droppin so much money on this device but after just one night I regret nothing :lol: I'm already noticing that the flat rubber mp is what accounts for the majority of the smell while the device is off. Could this be because it's porous? Like would printing a non pourous silicone mp make the smell not stick to it? (Just speculating here)
I agree with @justvapin. Just get the caps from @Ratchett and problem solved!

HighSeasSailor

Yeah, the rubber gets smelly but not in a nasty way. It's okay to give a complete iso bath to deodorize it if you like.

I don't think even a teflon mouthpiece would fix it though, when you take it off to clean under you will find nectar all around the rim inside, which you will want to clean with a q-tip and iso. That's unavoidable and will give off a notable smell, as will partially vaped oven contents.

Fortunately the Pax 2 is so simply designed that capping the ends makes it more or less airtight as the body is solid piece aluminum.

Glad you're enjoying it, let us know if it leads you to completely fucking combustion. :)

Justpassedu

You got a good device man . any vape is going to produce some sort of smell. You are heating up flowers in a oven. I would take the advice of the forum and grab some caps for each end or store it in one of those smell proof cases like a ryot.

To_thy_cloud

I just don't think it will work, I know it might
I just picked up a fake PAX 2 off Ebay . It was used so thought it might be a good deal. (Yes I know I 90% of PAX 2s on ebay are fake and I can get my money back (which I am doing ) (brackets in English don't work like in math ))) Anyways , the fake PAX 2 will not charge on an authentic PAX 2 charger. Has anyone else noticed this or is my fake PAX 2 probably just busted at the same time ?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I just picked up a fake PAX 2 off Ebay . It was used so thought it might be a good deal. (Yes I know I 90% of PAX 2s on ebay are fake and I can get my money back (which I am doing ) (brackets in English don't work like in math ))) Anyways , the fake PAX 2 will not charge on an authentic PAX 2 charger. Has anyone else noticed this or is my fake PAX 2 probably just busted at the same time ?
I don't think there are many people on this thread that have a fake pax2

At least they haven't admitted it. You said it wouldn't charge on an authentic charger?

Did it charge on the one provided?

I would say PM ojan, but they won't support the fakes.

Justpassedu

Who knows , it may work if you get a fake pax2 charger , the real charger was not designed to work with a fake pax2 . You may get better answers on other forums as this is for the real thing.

Justpassedu,

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep

I haven't really messed with counterfeits of PAX 2, but original PAX counterfeits can only handle a 5v charger (even though the counterfeit sticker reads DC 9v) so when you put them on an authentic 9v charger it will pretty much immediately ruin the device.

Hey friends, we have 3 new PAX 2 accessories for you to check out! A Half Pack Oven Lid, Mini-Charger, and Multi-Tool. Let me know if you have any feedback for the team :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HighSeasSailor

Hey friends, we have 3 new PAX 2 accessories for you to check out! A Half Pack Oven Lid, Mini-Charger, and Multi-Tool. Let me know if you have any feedback for the team :)

These look great, and the compact charger is cheaper than the standard so a good choice for replacements.

I will order one of the new oven lids with my next order of screens to try it out.

HighSeasSailor,

vapeOR

Hard to tell anything about the products from the single picture with limited description, no pics demonstrating usage, no dimensions or other way to tell what size these items are. Not enough info to tell what the tool is or how to use it.

vapeOR,

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
Hard to tell anything about the products from the single picture with limited description, no pics demonstrating usage, no dimensions or other way to tell what size these items are. Not enough info to tell what the tool is or how to use it.

Very good point! Forgive the cell phone quality photos I just took, but here is what the Multi-Tool looks like on my keyring. Both portions are secured by the key ring, and the stainless steel portion pulls out so you can remove your material. It sits inside of the black tamper to add stability, and the whole assembly is used to firmly pack your fresh material.

gZDub9D.jpg

mmaiSxA.jpg

I don't have an oven lid on-hand, but it'll be used the same as the original lid - just pack the oven half way instead of fully and it sits flush in the device. The depth of the lid isn't adjustable.

The mini-charger is 1 piece. Shorter USB cable but much lighter. Same strong magnets so it's perfect for charging while out and about.

qhVs9lH.jpg

Last edited:

vapeOR

Very good point! Forgive the cell phone quality photos I just took, but here is what the Multi-Tool looks like on my keyring. Both portions are secured by the key ring, and the stainless steel portion pulls out so you can remove your material. It sits inside of the black tamper to add stability, and the whole assembly is used to firmly pack your fresh material.

gZDub9D.jpg

mmaiSxA.jpg

I don't have an oven lid on-hand, but it'll be used the same as the original lid - just pack the oven half way instead of fully and it sits flush in the device. The depth of the lid isn't adjustable.

The mini-charger is 1 piece. Shorter USB cable but much lighter. Same strong magnets so it's perfect for charging while out and about.

qhVs9lH.jpg
Thanks for the pics & description.

Bandoo

I haven't really messed with counterfeits of PAX 2, but original PAX counterfeits can only handle a 5v charger (even though the counterfeit sticker reads DC 9v) so when you put them on an authentic 9v charger it will pretty much immediately ruin the device.

Hi Ojan, Where can I see a picture of the new oven lid?
The link just showed the regular accessories..at least for me.

Bandoo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom