• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me2

Thanks Me2, and I probably wasn't in the best place to try and explain that. Then again, I'm really not now either, go figure.

When you use the pusher, are you using it with the stock oven cover or the NewWorld one with the pusher attached? Same question to you too @vapviking

Thanks Viking,

I get what it's doing, and I think I understand how it's doing it. What I can't figure out is how they could isolate one part of what appears to be a single piece of aluminum from another!

I feel bad about never giving this thing a real chance when I got it. At first, the required slow draw was a real turn off. Now that I've been using it as a daily, I've really grown to appreciate it and it's strengths!

I did pick up a pair of @Ratchett 's end caps, and some free Pax2 water tool adapters! The one I tried worked pretty sweet lol. The Doob Tubes and funnel, as well as that sweet GH leather case! Kinda kicking myself for not adding the Pax2 travel charger station.

Now I'm off to figure out how this thing works best with water tools!
I just use the pusher with the stock oven cover. Works great!

collegeKid101

Is that the Krypto Kit? I actually use the hard shell version and like it, it's very simple which is a plus. However I've made various minor modifications to it, like removing the baggie and cutting out the velcro, to suit my tastes. I also like that it resembles a sunglasses case so it's reasonably inconspicuous. It's certainly ideal for weekending, and for the price I can't not recommend it.

I'm only so hung up on compact because I want a "day case" rather than travel case. Most cases have lots of room for accessories and a stash bag/cylinder, which is great but sometimes I want just enough case to keep the Pax clean and safe.

IMO the ideal day case would have an elastic strap or sleeve for the Pax, one for the charger, and a small pocket (about the same size as the charger unit) with velcro closure, which would easily accomodate a spoon, screens, lid, mouthpieces, pusher, etc. Nothing else, sometimes less is absolutely more - I can carry cleaning supplies in my toiletries bag and my stash in a container of my choosing.
Sounds like this case mighr he right up your alley

https://blackrockog.com/products/safety-case

I don't own it yet as I'm waiting for my next payday before I make the purchase but I've heard good things about it! Plus I emailed them a few questions and the company co-founder emailed me back even though it was after their closing time and I wasn't expecting an email until the next day. I'll be sure to come back and update this thread after I do purhase it tho!

HighSeasSailor

Sounds like this case mighr he right up your alley

https://blackrockog.com/products/safety-case

I don't own it yet as I'm waiting for my next payday before I make the purchase but I've heard good things about it! Plus I emailed them a few questions and the company co-founder emailed me back even though it was after their closing time and I wasn't expecting an email until the next day. I'll be sure to come back and update this thread after I do purhase it tho!

I've had my eye on that one. It looks great, without question the most attractive case out there right now. If it had a small pocket I'd probably have impulse bought one already, but that can easily be added myself.

http://www.hydravaportech.com/

Also a great looking case.

collegeKid101

I've had my eye on that one. It looks great, without question the most attractive case out there right now. If it had a small pocket I'd probably have impulse bought one already, but that can easily be added myself.

http://www.hydravaportech.com/

Also a great looking case.

I gave that case a look but some of the reviews said it wasn't very smell prrof and fitting the charger was kind of a hassle, but others seem to love it so it judt depends on what you're looking for

Mr. Me2

I'll add that if you haven't, you should also look at Vatra and RYOT cases. I have both and really like them. I got a RYOT smell proof case for my Crafty for something like $17 from Amazon. I use a Vatra case for my pax2

Mr. Me2,

zor

The case I posted is 2.75x4.75, .25 wider but 1.75 shorter. Seems like the vape case would be more bulky on the go. I'd love to hear of your expetience once you get it!

zor,

HighSeasSailor

Hmm. It is bulkier but I like the interior design. You're right though, I wish it were a good deal shorter than it is. At $8 though I'll probably still pick one up to try it.

Justpassedu

I use a eye glasses hard case for my pax 2 , they are small and inconspicuous for being out and about. People wouldn't think twice looking at . Been using it since I 1st got my p2 and I can fit a few more things in there. I just keep a small microfiber clothe you would use to clean eyeglasses in there with it to cover it and add some extra protection. Also comes in handy if I need to clean something. I don't even wear glasses but have some sunglasses near by the case usually if I'm in public.

HighSeasSailor

I'd thought about a glasses case before but it seemed big for my tastes, but it got me brainstorming today, and after a little looking around, I ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8AOKO2

The dimensions are pretty close, it seems it may be slightly long and slightly tight (depth wise) but I'm willing to bet $5 it fits well enough. Never heard of anyone using one for this purpose but I'm thinking it might make a great pocket case.

HighSeasSailor,

b0

Cloudy...
I'd thought about a glasses case before but it seemed big for my tastes, but it got me brainstorming today, and after a little looking around, I ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8AOKO2

The dimensions are pretty close, it seems it may be slightly long and slightly tight (depth wise) but I'm willing to bet $5 it fits well enough. Never heard of anyone using one for this purpose but I'm thinking it might make a great pocket case.

Nice! let us know if it works. Maybe I could use it with the pax2 and the ff2

b0,

mrtnluther

Berlin School
Hello all!! After a month or so of using the Pax 2 I thought I would share my thoughts. The only other vape I have owned was the Firefly 1 and it worked Ok....it is nowhere near as easy to use as the Pax. I have the New Vape pusher,vented lid and screen and I have been happy with the way they perform. I also use a Ray Ban eyeglasses case to carry the Pax around and it is awesome (and free!!!) The plastic endcaps are a must and get two sets eh? you will need to change them someday. The pusher is the thing that I find most useful as I am not looking to use a full oven for medicating. I dont regret buying this vape at all and I have registered it on the Pax website. I think if more noobs like me tried this vape they would be happy with the ease of use if not the price. I enjoy reading this forum and thanks to everyone for sharing useful info...it is helpful!!

PNWHiker

The lip sensor doesn't sense lips, it senses the pressure from your lips of fingers on the lid...

My guess it's located under the black silicone of the mouthpiece.

I think the original delta wpa's didn't trigger it, because of the weight distribution of the adapter?

Also, the pax is OKAY through water, but it's not it's strong suit.
I think they are detecting the motion of you bringing it to your mouth with the accelerometer and not pressure on the mouthpiece. Edit: you are correct, it does detect pressure...

Last edited:
PNWHiker,

HighSeasSailor

Nice! let us know if it works. Maybe I could use it with the pax2 and the ff2

Just got it in today. Fits like an absolute glove, I can shake the case with the Pax 2 inside and get zero rattle, the tapered ends are exactly tight enough to hold the unit in place. The padding is semi-soft, not quite rigid protection but not bad at all. There should be no problem including a microfibre cloth and spoon/poker if desired, but no room for a charger or cord.

There are no internal straps (one could easily be added, the construction is very simple) but there is an external belt loop/strap if you're willing to carry your vape semi-openly and don't mind the Batman factor - but it's not much bigger closed than the Pax 2 itself, I was able to fit it into the pocket of even cowboy cut jeans.

For the time being I couldn't be happier with the case, at this price I would definitely recommend trying it out.

OVmD7Oz.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
Just got it in today. Fits like an absolute glove, I can shake the case with the Pax 2 inside and get zero rattle, the tapered ends are exactly tight enough to hold the unit in place. The padding is semi-soft, not quite rigid protection but not bad at all. There should be no problem including a microfibre cloth and spoon/poker if desired, but no room for a charger or cord.

There are no internal straps (one could easily be added, the construction is very simple) but there is an external belt loop/strap if you're willing to carry your vape semi-openly and don't mind the Batman factor - but it's not much bigger closed than the Pax 2 itself, I was able to fit it into the pocket of even cowboy cut jeans.

For the time being I couldn't be happier with the case, at this price I would definitely recommend trying it out.

OVmD7Oz.jpg

Gonna buy one right now, perfect size. Thanks for sharing :)

collegeKid101

So I usually wait 3 months before buying anything expensive to stop myself from being forever broke and august finally marks the date for me! I was really on the fence between the pax 2 and vapcap but decided that I'd rather not have to fuck around with lighters all the time.

So come august 2nd I'll be joing you paxers and purchasing the case I posted about earlier and will be able to comment on both by the end of the week (providing that shipping goes well lol). Needless to say now that I've aquired the funds and made my plans IM FLIPPIN PUMPED.

collegeKid101

is there pax 3 coming soon? Just wondering...
If they follow pax 1 timeline probably march of next year, but their rep has hinted that "this is an exciting year" for them, so maybe they'll start building the hype around december? To answer your question directly, no one knows for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom