Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

kevbotzilla

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=18350-IMR-800mAh-High-Drain
One of these in a SHORTY not fully charged.
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-LiFePO4-3-Volt-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery_p_112.html
I like these fully charged even. No Brainers.

However "OF" will know more than I on this subject this is what works in my case!

That is a great price!

$55 is about average in Orange County!

Yeah let me know if you ever make it up this way and i will show you a few of the places with hot prices. this is actually pretty standard for that dispensary and i really have never felt i am getting any less on quality (regarding how well its purged) based on the cheaper price. I pick my stuff carefully as well based on info i have gotten here regarding what to look for (waxes-light,dry and shatters-no bubbles,light) and in my 1.5 and 2.4 carts the taste is the best thing ever.

http://purpleheartpc.com/concentrates.html

I also love how many spots are doing half grams now since that is perfect amount for a cart refill and usually only runs about $20-$30. Half gram of Sour LA Shatter (perfect taste and quality) was only $25 at Igzactly 420 down the street from my work.

http://www.igzactly420.com/menu.php

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

I had this happen and even though i recognize that the dry fire can kill a cart, what if it never fires to begin with? That seems to be the case here as well? To all the pros, what about putting the cart on and clicking the button once to make sure the circuit isnt bad and that you dont get the immediate 5 blinks to indicate that?

Unfortunately that's not going to tell you if you have a missing or defective heater, only if the cart is shorted (pretty hard to have happen I think, based on how it's made). The right call is, I think measuring for correct resistance. I use my meter, which of course most guys don't have. But ohm display is becoming common of VV batteries like Iris. I think within a year most guys will have them or decided they don't want that sort of vape. It's a natural feature if you have a display and a processor.

Please - which 3.0v battery are you using with the shorty. I'd really like to find a 3.0 battery to use with the Persei. Thanks.

Use RCR123As for that job. Be sure you get one of the correct types, the Tynergy 700 mAh version is cool, avoid the 900 mAh. It needs a different charger than the 18350 one D9 supplies. Different voltage.

OF

thevaf

D9 site is back up. No noticeable new items up, yet.

In case anyone missed it, the URL has moved to W9tech.com

NEW stuff

The biggest change I see is the ability to add-on kits straight from the Persei product page, which is awesome because you also get the items discounted when purchasing with the Persei.
You also have the chance to buy a persei with SR-71 that comes with both 7.4v and 3.7v heaters (albeit the 3.7v heater ships when its ready)!

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Nevermind. In G's signature, what says w9tech.com links you to delta9's website. :doh:

Doesnt look like W9tech is finished though. Looks like its missing a portion still. But making a site takes a good amount of time. Plus doing everything else they are working on. Got alot on their plate and still driving it all forward.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Signature fixed and all is well.

W9Tech.com is still in the work but now we can take orders and not have people wait.

We are just doing some house cleaning and the shipping from w9tech starts on wednesday.

Betelgeuse

I'm the ghost with the most
Well I picked up some wax today to break in my new omicron.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE VAPOR.

The way this thread reads (or perhaps the way i read it), i had anticipated a trial and error process. Didn't have one. I believe it's because of the wealth of information contained in this thread and others, by the many helpful insightful people here. Thanks guys. :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just picked up amazing tasting Blue Haze Wax for $35 a gram at Purple Heart in Oakland. FTW! Light and dry just my type. :p tastes great in the OPHOS
Well I picked up some wax today to break in my new omicron.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE VAPOR.

The way this thread reads (or perhaps the way i read it), i had anticipated a trial and error process. Didn't have one. I believe it's because of the wealth of information contained in this thread and others, by the many helpful insightful people here. Thanks guys. :)
You must of did the right thing!

Top Shelf Wax well Purged!

Katysax

Unfortunately that's not going to tell you if you have a missing or defective heater, only if the cart is shorted (pretty hard to have happen I think, based on how it's made). The right call is, I think measuring for correct resistance. I use my meter, which of course most guys don't have. OF

So I have a multimeter - I use it to check battery voltage. Where do I put the leads on the cartridge to test for continuity?

Katysax,
So I have a multimeter - I use it to check battery voltage. Where do I put the leads on the cartridge to test for continuity?
Put one lead on the center conductor at the threaded bottom. The other may go nearly anywhere, but I find the easiest way to hold the cart and probes is to place the second probe on/in the top of the internal flue tube (I "poke" the tip in and it doesn't slip and slide as much as trying to make contact on the rounded sides).

Also make sure that your meter is set to Ohms (and if not auto-ranging, the proper range - probably 0-5 Ohms, but YMMV).

-NDA

OF

Put one lead on the center conductor at the threaded bottom. The other may go nearly anywhere, but I find the easiest way to hold the cart and probes is to place the second probe on/in the top of the internal flue tube (I "poke" the tip in and it doesn't slip and slide as much as trying to make contact on the rounded sides).

Nick's got it, as usual.

My personal technique is to hold one probe on the body tube (pinching it and the probe tip between thumb and forefinger of one hand) while I use the other hand to probe the center pin. Using this technique (holding the side of the probe tip against the side of the tube) makes it easy to concentrate on the other connection then glance at the meter for the answer.

Expect a reading a few tenths of an Ohm higher than the rating due to lead and meter resistance (notice that holding the probes together might still read .6 Ohm say, not zero. So you might get 3.0 for a 2.4 Ohm Cart. Twice that, say 6 Ohms, indicates one of the two heaters is missing electrically.

Easier to do that describe. You can check an entire box of them in a minute or so, subject to getting them out of the little envelopes.......

OF

exit

Got too medicated, loaded a cart, meant to clean out my fill tool with some cotton, stuck iso soaked cotton down the air hole of a cart instead :doh:

Well that's probably a goner...:freak:

Bluepants

What is the probability of getting a bad cart right out of the box? I just got my omicron in the mail and now that the batteries are charged i'm trying to oxidize the cart per the instructions and there is no heat and no glow from the first button push. If i press the button five times it flashes and locks, then unlocks again, so i believe there is power. What am i missing?

Edit: Never mind, im just stupid. <.<

I received a bad cart and submitted a ticket to w9 four days ago and have yet to hear a response.
I thought this company had good costumer service... I think if i had the choice i would not do business with them again. I feel like i got ripped off and no one from the company wants to take responsibility for a product they produced. I find it pathetic when a company cant fix the problems that were caused by its own manufacturing!! Why do i have to buy a product and "hope " it works? I shouldnt have to worry about getting a bad product on my own expense, if the company cannot make a reliable product, they should not at all!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND Delta 9 ( or w9 as they call it now ). They will give you bad carts and you can only hope yours will work because once you buy it they will not help you!

I submitted another ticket and if i do not receive a response in the next couple of days i will demand a refund and if not i will file a claim with my credit card! They will not get away with this..

I think the probability of a bad cartridge is 1 in 5 so 20% since when you buy a pack of 4 they give u 1 extra because some of the carts are expected to be bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluepants,

Bluepants

Sorry about the complaints, i was ticked off. Please delete this post if u can or update it to my other post, i dont know how to delete..

Bluepants,
Reactions: speedyg

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Will you be responding to the tickets as well? Perhaps it would be more wise to help the customers you already have..
I appreciate that dealing with issues is frustrating, however, I think you've made your dissatisfaction clear at this point, and as the rules state, it's time to move on. Customer service inquiries should be done through the company's channels. Thank you.

Forum Rules said:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.

exit

5 volts and a 5 ohm work great together. Coincidence the magic time to hold the button and get huge clouds but no burnt taste is about 5 seconds too?

exit,
Reactions: OF

OF

5 volts and a 5 ohm work great together. Coincidence the magic time to hold the button and get huge clouds but no burnt taste is about 5 seconds too?

That makes perfect sense. 5 Volts driving 5 Ohms is 1 Amp, five Watts. Almost exactly what 2.4s at 3.7 Volts is (5.7 Watts, give or take). This is less than half the normal (at 7.4 Volts, 11 Watts).

Most guys don't have access for 5.0 Volts with Persei or Omicron of course. But otherwise I'd say 5 at 5 is about a push with 2.4 at 3.7.

OF

OF,
Reactions: exit

itschad

Hey guys, I'm looking at birthday gifts for my girlfriend. Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of the O-PHOS vs the Omicron V1 vs the Omicron Lite? As far as the site leads me to believe, the o-phos and omicron lite are the same except one's a bit more expensive.

Anyway, my largest concerns are that it be low profile, produce vapor well, and be usb rechargable

itschad,

kevbotzilla

Hey guys, I'm looking at birthday gifts for my girlfriend. Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of the O-PHOS vs the Omicron V1 vs the Omicron Lite? As far as the site leads me to believe, the o-phos and omicron lite are the same except one's a bit more expensive.

Anyway, my largest concerns are that it be low profile, produce vapor well, and be usb rechargable

i have a ophos and i love it. ive tried alot of the other types/styles of vapes and id say it delivers the best flavor of them all and once you get the hang of it, you control the size of your hit (I get bigger hits with a 1.5 cart full of shatter than my homeboys skillet/dabz coil). I use both the 1.5 and 2.4 ohm carts and carry them around in doob tubes so i always have a few flavors or consistency carts ready to go.

I think the difference between the Lite and the OPHOS is that the OPHOS has a heat shield and the Lite has "better electronics" which i assume means more durable. I know the OPHOS meets all of the requirements you mention especially in how discreet it is but i cant speak from personal experience with the other two.

clouded vision

my friend just got back from a trip to Florida and said he spent the whole week on the beach and at theme parks hitting his o-phos the entire time and says he didn't get a single odd look. I would say that is the best bet for what you are looking for. I believe the o-phos is a replacement for the v1 because of charging issues so I would stay away from that. I would rather have the profile of an e-cig with the heat shield on the o-phos because I feel it is more discrete. If you are going to get one without the heat shield you might as well go for a v2/2.5 because of the options/attachments that are available for it

Last edited:
Top Bottom