Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

eln00b

I have to choose between Omi light or Omicron/Persei.
I'd like to get a pen style vape for stealth reasons. I'd vape budder/oils mostly and maybe some wax sometimes.
My radar was also on a old Thermovape since you can load single dabs on it but I read a lot of bad comments lately.
Are the THCS carts refillable right? If I got it correctly (1gr per load max) you can load up to 5 grams on a cart if your oils are top quality (and I don't know if mine are, probably good but not top shelf imho).
If I used budder on a cart can I use wax on the next load?
Not having certified quality over here do I risk to buy a vape I'll underuse?
I like dabs but maybe a Persei is too big for me, not so stealthy and also on THCS site they suggest not to get it as a first pen style purchase.
I think wether is better to get a Omicron or a Omicron Light/Ophos (last is cheaper what's the difference?).
What do I loose if
Are there any sales around and/or FC discounts you can suggest(Shipping to EU)?

I think I can help out here....

The conservative approach would be to go with the omicron light or v2/v2.5 as your first "pen style" vape...and stick with the 2.4ohm cartridges until you get the hang of loading, priming, and using. They hit great...I have yet to even try the 1.5ohm cartridges because I get plenty of nice clouds from the 2.4's.

You can get some mileage out of the cartridges but they do burn out after awhile. The recommendation is to fill with half gram (plus or minus a bit) loads...Maybe someone else can chime regarding how long the cartridges last...I generally replace after about 2 grams have gone thru it.

I use a variety of shatters and waxes. Haven't had any problems using the same cartridge for both.

You really can't go wrong with the omicron light or the v2. I've had my v2 since Dec. There was definitely a learning curve with loading and priming initially. But these boards are very helpful and if you follow the advice here you'll be ripping nice clouds in no time.

Best thing you can do is watch the videos on loading and check out some of the instructions here... The basic run down is as follows:

Don't load a full gram into a cartridge at first. Start with a half gram load to make sure everything is happy..no leaks, etc.

No need to do the dry heat to oxidize before loading.

When filling the cartridge heat the middle of the cartridge first...not too hot..shouldnt burn your fingers. Then work your way up the fill tool while rotating the cartridge in your fingers. I've seen people load with a regular bic lighter, a torch and a heat gun(my new preferred method).

Definitely watch the fill videos...Here's one:

Then prime with a few 4 second puffs...with a few seconds off in between. You should start seeing vapor. At that point...puff away.

OF

Excellent post and solid advice from elnOOb above. I'll second what he said and confirm I think 3 grams is a reasonable lifespan to expect for a cart. By then they're usually so fouled up inside that they vape slowly and taste 'a bit burnt', you'll know when it's time to go to a fresh one. If you're like most of us you'll have waited so long that it's instant gratification time when you do. I generally notice them getting weak and just run them until until the drop.

I'd also suggest you seriously consider Omicron V2 over the cheaper alternatives if stealth is an issue. Not only is it a bit smaller to start with but you can get the mini conversion kit (shifts to 14250 and an inch and a half or so shorter tube. Much more discrete. You can upgrade to it later of course, no need to find the extra bucks now.

OF

poonman

+ 1 for the Omicron Light ,
This is my first pen vape also .
It was recommended by THC ( and others ) to me and they referred me to get it from Planetvape.ca .
3 months into it and still loving it , it still hits like a champ .

Hey elnOOb ,
Nice post , I think it's time for you to try the 1.5 ohm .
I get even bigger clouds . ime
But with the 2.4 , I get a smoother hit ,which is better for a first hit in the morning . ime

eln00b

Glad to help. Only fair to share my knowledge the same way ya'll did with me...

poonman- I'm due to place an order for new cartridges soon...I'll take your advice and give one a try.

Definitely looking forward to those new leak proof cartridges too. Recent heat wave seems to have exposed a previously unnoticed leak in a cartridge with atleast have a g of chemdawg shatter still in it.

Thankfully its so damn thick it still seems to be working.....as long as I keep the contacts clean.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

exit

I didn't realize some of my carts fell over and stayed on their sides for a few days... is a reflow necessary for if they don't hit after priming and air hole unclogging? Don't want to burn my oil.

EDIT: Found out the source of the problem.... dead top heater. Will reclaim later. Maybe I'm not an idiot after all haha.

exit,

itschad

anyone have an empty 2.5ohm cart and can tell me what it weighs? iiiii forgot to measure mine and didn't buy multiple heh

itschad,

kilsash2027

You need to wait for the D9 ''1701's" (6 mo warranty ) ~ should be out soon :-)
is this a new style cart that can be cleaned out and is easy to load with the use of a funnel? I found this browsing the site but their was no images available. Was this what you were referring to?

kilsash2027,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
is this a new style cart that can be cleaned out and is easy to load with the use of a funnel? I found this browsing the site but their was no images available. Was this what you were referring to?

Yep....pics (were) on this thread or the Persei thread...pretty sure G only posted them for a short time.

Looks like a stout unit that should keep the tin men well oiled.

I still see a large market for the standard carts that they have currently.....can't see this being a replacement.

Zingbuddah,

Silvercloud538

G ,me believes ,had mentioned the new carts will '"not"' utilize silica wicks ,and have improved

leak-proof profile ~ there was no mention re: flushing in isoPropyl ??

Silvercloud538,

Erikim

Hey folks. Quick questions, is it safe to adjust the center pin with a screwdriver. When I screw on a cart of my clearomizers, the light blinks three times, and doesn't fire. This happens every time I press the button. So it spun it counter clockwise to raise it a bit, and it seems to have fixed the problem, did i do this correctly or am I gonna fry my top?

And another one... I've had my omicron for about a year now. Do the batteries need to be replaced after extended use? Or are there better aftermarket batteries that are compatible with the device?

Erikim,

OF

Quick questions, is it safe to adjust the center pin with a screwdriver.

And another one... I've had my omicron for about a year now. Do the batteries need to be replaced after extended use? Or are there better aftermarket batteries that are compatible with the device?

This is the slotted contact in the socket on the Omicron? No, that's not a screw, it's a vent cut so air can be drawn in, turning it too far will break the wire attached to it inside the unit most likely. The 3 flashes is not the signal for 'no contact' (how would it know?), it's the signal for a short circuit. Since the pin floats on an insulator I suspect it was a bit off center before?

There's an equally attractive looking slot in the cart connector, don't turn that one either.

If it was a screw, backing it out would make it loose and subject to shift on it's own so loosening it would not be a good plan then either I'd think.

Are you talking V2 here? If so, the IMRs from AW remain the best for the job. V1 basically can't be serviced. If it's working well, why change it?

OF

OF,

Erikim

Yes, I twisted the slotted contact where the cartridge screws in. Guess I've been doing too much ecig mech mod research and figured it was a similarly designed center pin.

Sigh....to be safe, I think I'll drop it off at delta9 to have them take a look at it, and possibly pik up some 2.4 carts to retrain my technique.

And batteries are fine, just curious to see if the were other options. Currently vaping dab at a time off a LR atomizer and 510 battery until I can get my omicron set up again.

Erikim,
Reactions: OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hey G, any updates on the load as you go cart? Nobody seems to mention it but I'm pretty interested in seeing how it's been coming along.

kindbeats,

itschad

so, and sorry to revisit this, will the hercules herb/oil chamber (http://www.planetvape.ca/hercules-oil-and-herb-chamber.html) not work *at all* with the omicron? Or does it require the HVD as well as certain batteries?

And how are you guys who have hercules chambers on your omicrons using them? I tried just a constant lung pull at slightly more gentle than i'd pull a whip for about 12 seconds, twice, and got very little if any vapor, thought i did get a small bit of taste

and what all is this pack for? http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Hercules-Essential-Oil-Accessory-Pack is it for the 7.4v herc?

itschad,

Erikim

My omicron seems to be working fine after testing out some carts and clearomizers. I'm tempted to fill up one of my older carts, but I only have 1.5s and I lost my fill tool! DAMN!

I'm still gonna try to load one up, but how do I get hits from a 1.5 without overheating the concentrate and overly clogging the cart. I feel like I def waste more with a heavy finger.

Erikim,
Reactions: OF

TooShort

My omicron seems to be working fine after testing out some carts and clearomizers. I'm tempted to fill up one of my older carts, but I only have 1.5s and I lost my fill tool! DAMN!

I'm still gonna try to load one up, but how do I get hits from a 1.5 without overheating the concentrate and overly clogging the cart. I feel like I def waste more with a heavy finger.

What are you throwing in the 1.5? I find budder, crumbles, etc to be overkill in 1.5s and completely unneccessary. I only use my 1.5s for shatter.

Erikim

Ohhh....it's just some blonde crumbly wax. I can roll it into denser balls. And it melts fairly easily.

What are you throwing in the 1.5? I find budder, crumbles, etc to be overkill in 1.5s and completely unneccessary. I only use my 1.5s for shatter.

Erikim,

OF

A second or two on followed by a rest as long followed by more heat should work.....the problem is human nature stretches the time out a bit for 'just a little bigger hit' and the next thing you've got burnt oil to go with all that vapor. Stay on the light side heat/vapor wise is my advice, but if you feel up to the risk have a go?

In the dark days before the loading tool we used 'number 10 (usually) cake decorator tips'. A buck each in the sorts of shops that carry such stuff. I managed to step on my only one (of course, should have had a spare or two...) and got some good luck with aluminum foil. I folded and wrapped a bit over the end of a wood pencil then cut the ends off with scissors. I scooped the goods in, stuck it on top with a toothpick stuck in the flue (as we used to do to keep the oil out) letting the toothpick keep it upright. A big messy, but I didn't loose much at all (stuck to the foil) afterwards.

Good luck.

so, and sorry to revisit this, will the hercules herb/oil chamber (http://www.planetvape.ca/hercules-oil-and-herb-chamber.html) not work *at all* with the omicron? Or does it require the HVD as well as certain batteries?

I've never tried, but I'm sure that the answer is 'no way'. Hercules needs lots of power to deal with oils, it won't really work at 3.7 Volts even on Persei so you're SOL on Omicron I'm afraid?

On the bright side, you'll like Persei, it can really light up that Bender......

OF

itschad

ah I see. Okay then. Can anyone who has a 3.7v hercules and has had success with it give me some insight? Even with constantly holding my button for 20+ second pulls i get *VERY* little vapor. If i drag into my mouth instead of my lungs i get a little bit more...but i have to stress that it's still a very small amount, significantly less than the mflb. At this point it was a waste of $90

itschad,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
ah I see. Okay then. Can anyone who has a 3.7v hercules and has had success with it give me some insight? Even with constantly holding my button for 20+ second pulls i get *VERY* little vapor. If i drag into my mouth instead of my lungs i get a little bit more...but i have to stress that it's still a very small amount, significantly less than the mflb. At this point it was a waste of $90

firstly, 14500 tube and batt is suggestable. secondly, hit up vitolo for methods, he's got videos of making clouds w/ it.

OF

firstly, 14500 tube and batt is suggestable. secondly, hit up vitolo for methods, he's got videos of making clouds w/ it.

I second the 14500 suggestion, but go with the serious battery, the AW brand IMR? A dollar or two more than the lesser ones, but clearly superior where it counts.

And good call about our Vitolo. The guy is a champ at making clouds.....can make them out of a clear sky on a sunny day if you give him some time.....

OF

itschad

I'm sorry, but i'm not sure what tube you mean? do you mean the HVD? I don't really see any 'tubes' on their site and there's absolutely no way i'm spending what amounts to $180 just to vape flowers out of something advertised to do it as is. If all I need is a different battery though then hell yeah! THough i'm starting to wish I'd have spent the $20 more on the persei...

itschad,

OF

OF,
Top Bottom