Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Hey guys, just a quick question... For those of you using the tv dart, should I go lv or hv?
I have the hvd and v2 for refrence

Soflo,

tharealmclovin

Oh trust ms I know. I am gonna order atleast 1 for each of my 3 V2's. Maybe 2 for each. But (I hate to sound like a Johnny) I don't want to pay shipping twice so I will wait until the Carts are available too.

tharealmclovin,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Okay, enough with the conversation about Jhonny. It makes you guys just as bad as him because you are egging him on. If you have issue with what he says, hit the report button. Put him on ignore.

He has been given a warning and so will anyone else who perpetuates this nonsense further.

OF

Hey guys, just a quick question... For those of you using the tv dart, should I go lv or hv?
I have the hvd and v2 for refrence

I'd suggest LV. A little slower, perhaps, but it's basically a 1.5 Ohm load. So if you can drive 1.5 Ohm Omicrons you should be fine. This leaves open the option of the mini V2 as well. It does work for a few hits (maybe two dozen if you're good and fast) and it's bitty for sure.

If you 'go that way' be sure to consider replacing the factory IMR 14650 with an AW IMR 14500, the performance is much improved. You'll need the longer end cap from the HVD upgrade kit or a 15mm spacer of course:
http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

If you use the spacer, be SURE it's at the bottom (minus end), next to the cap.

OF

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with my O-phos.

So basically whenever i push the button, even after a full charge or when it's plugged in, the light just flashes twice. It wont heat up or do anything. It's really strange to me because it was working the other day then it ran out of battery, went to charge it and it doesnt work.

So if you guys could help me it would be awesome. Warranty info would be appreciated.

Kevdog420,

OF

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with my O-phos.

So basically whenever i push the button, even after a full charge or when it's plugged in, the light just flashes twice. It wont heat up or do anything. It's really strange to me because it was working the other day then it ran out of battery, went to charge it and it doesnt work.

So if you guys could help me it would be awesome. Warranty info would be appreciated.

I don't own one, but it sure sounds like the 'low battery' warning to me. It might also be 'overload', some models flash for that too. Is there a cart on it? Does it still flash when there is none?

I'd check the port and cable carefully to be sure there was power being delivered to the socket, but otherwise the two likely culprits here (battery and charger) are both sealed inside and can't be separately serviced by the user. I'm afraid it's 'ticket time'. Do you know how to open one?

Remember, it's not a true pass through. It's a built in charger. If the battery's dead, you need to let it run a bit to get the charge up enough to light up the cart. As I said, I don't own one, but I'd think 10 minutes or so should change things?

OF

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
I don't own one, but it sure sounds like the 'low battery' warning to me. It might also be 'overload', some models flash for that too. Is there a cart on it? Does it still flash when there is none?

I'd check the port and cable carefully to be sure there was power being delivered to the socket, but otherwise the two likely culprits here (battery and charger) are both sealed inside and can't be separately serviced by the user. I'm afraid it's 'ticket time'. Do you know how to open one?

Remember, it's not a true pass through. It's a built in charger. If the battery's dead, you need to let it run a bit to get the charge up enough to light up the cart. As I said, I don't own one, but I'd think 10 minutes or so should change things?

OF

Ok so I've tried to charge it with 2 different chargers for around 4 hours. still the same flashing light and it happens with or without the cartridge..

and Im not sure how to start a ticket.

Thanks OF!

Kevdog420,

JoeKickass

hit the report button. Put him on ignore.

Wow that's a useful feature hidden away behind that report button! Good to know, thanks!

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out, ignore is found when you click the person's name, still good to know!

Reply to below: Yeah figured it out right after I posted lol, thanks mom!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
JoeKickass, you've misunderstood. You hit report to report the post. If you want to ignore someone, you click their avatar and that option is in the pop up next to Follow. ;)

Now let's get back to Omicron business.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: JoeKickass

GR

Ok so I've tried to charge it with 2 different chargers for around 4 hours. still the same flashing light and it happens with or without the cartridge..

Thanks OF!

At the home page at Delta 9 look to the right, should see 3 rectangles that are red, the middle one is submit a new ticket. I forget where to find it myself after heavy medication, then I remember to go to the home page, lol.

Edit: I didn't realize Joe gave you a direct link.

GR,

OF

Thanks OF!

Yer welcome, sorry no magic chant to get it up again....this time.

I didn't know you can also charge them 'in the socket' like V1, handy. Sounds to me like it's time to call in cavalry:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/pages.php?pageid=11

Hopefully they'll get back before the Holiday. Good luck. Bummer you're going to be 'down' for a bit, I hope you have alternative vapes?

OF

OF,
Well you can add to that list.

Worlds First Ecig Tester
Worlds First Cart that can last a year and do all oils.
Worlds First Bubbler
Worlds First Glass on Glass Herb Chamber
Worlds First Portable Vaporizer that also is a heat wand.
Worlds First Double Mouth Piece.
Worlds First Vaporizer that you can upgrade
Worlds First Dual Purpose Tank system.
Worlds First 1000mg Cartridge (early 2011)
Worlds First to incorporate Gold From Tetra Labs in our formula (2010)

The list goes on.

well the obvious answer then is for you to just stick with what your good at and leave the manu to the pro's.
what i think others and myself find so upsetting is that you are so quick to congratulate yourself for your innovation, yet you cant find a way to translate the advertised ease of use and useability with most oils into a single working product that you dont have to baby along in a completely annoying and innapropriate way... ie; i want to push the button, put it to my lips like a pipe, and draw in vapor, then be able to set it down in any position, and forget about it untill i have need to medicate further. then, when its empty, i fill it. (other "crappier" companies have figured this out, why not you???)
i dont want to oxidize carts, i dont want to have to take a 20 second break in between hits of pure gold,
i dont want to look up wiki pages to have to learn proper method, i dont want to clean up leaks of expensive oil up from everything, i dont want to worry about stupid devices burning my pocket,
and i dont want to have to make several phone calls or emails just to get proper lids/springs/caps/spacers etc... you think your offering people increased functionality with all the options you have, but really, people just want there to be a device that works simply, without excessive troubleshooting required to maintain normal operating parameters, and that works with most oils.
your carts work, yes, but just barely... they are too problematic, and not user friendly as you advertise. i dont want to have to spend more time preparing the device to work than actually using the device. and its true, you guys have an obvious problem with QC that you really really need to work out, PRONTO!!
so please, take a break from patting yourself on the back... if you spent that time working on fixes for your EXISTING products, your every other post wouldnt have to be "go ahead and send it back, we'll take care of it"...

rusty shacklford,

tharealmclovin

Rusty we get it. The Omicron is not for you. You have spent a couple weeks if not months letting us know.

I on the other hand have has great success with my D9 products. I also like all the options. Just my opinion.

You may not see it the same way but you are probably the minority. Most of us are happy with D9V.

OF

i want to push the button, put it to my lips like a pipe, and draw in vapor, then be able to set it down in any position, and forget about it untill i have need to medicate further. then, when its empty, i fill it. (other "crappier" companies have figured this out, why not you???)
i dont want to oxidize carts, i dont want to have to take a 20 second break in between hits of pure gold,
i dont want to look up wiki pages to have to learn proper method, i dont want to clean up leaks of expensive oil up from everything, i dont want to worry about stupid devices burning my pocket,
and i dont want to have to make several phone calls or emails just to get proper lids/springs/caps/spacers etc... you think your offering people increased functionality with all the options you have, but really, people just want there to be a device that works simply, without excessive troubleshooting required to maintain normal operating parameters, and that works with most oils.

Sounds pretty clear what you want is not happening with Omicron. Some of us are happy to have access to what's being offered and anxious about the next opportunity to 'buy in' to be presented, and we're willing to accept the risks. Please don't try to speak for 'people' if that includes me? Thanks.

Otherwise, since Omicron doesn't offer you what you want, have you considered DART? There are also a (seemingly) never ending parade of reworked e-cig vapes to work through but I can't recommend them.

OF

JoeKickass

well the obvious answer then is for you to just stick with what your good at and leave the manu to the pro's.
what i think others and myself find so upsetting is that you are so quick to congratulate yourself for your innovation, yet you cant find a way to translate the advertised ease of use and useability with most oils into a single working product that you dont have to baby along in a completely annoying and innapropriate way... ie; i want to push the button, put it to my lips like a pipe, and draw in vapor, then be able to set it down in any position, and forget about it untill i have need to medicate further. then, when its empty, i fill it. (other "crappier" companies have figured this out, why not you???)
your carts work, yes, but just barely... they are too problematic, and not user friendly as you advertise. i dont want to have to spend more time preparing the device to work than actually using the device. and its true, you guys have an obvious problem with QC that you really really need to work out, PRONTO!!
so please, take a break from patting yourself on the back... if you spent that time working on fixes for your EXISING products, your every other post wouldnt have to be "go ahead and send it back, we'll take care of it"...

Please don't be a johnny, here are your replies:

His best innovation is the glass-wicked oil cart, truly first and unique, his power supplies/batteries are very good but it is true they are improvements on already existing technology.

I'm not sure what problems you're having with the current carts, but they are exactly what you describe...
I push a button, vapor comes out, and I pocket it until next time.

If a cart is frustrating/giving you too many problems throw it away, that's the easiest thing to do and you don't lose a lot of thc if you load half grams. Yes it's not perfectly efficient and economical but it is an incredibly convenient and easy to use system with properly working carts.

The reason he doesn't go redesign his carts when people have problems using them is because 9/10 times the person just has to refine his technique. They're not broken so lets fix what's actually to blame.

To me it makes a lot of sense, he's gotten about all he can out of the omicart design and is moving on to more ambitious plans...

Rusty we get it. The Omicron is not for you. You have spent a couple weeks if not months letting us know.

I on the other hand have has great success with my D9 products. I also like all the options. Just my opinion.

You may not see it the same way but you are probably the minority. Most of us are happy with D9V.
Sounds pretty clear what you want is not happening with Omicron. Some of us are happy to have access to what's being offered and anxious about the next opportunity to 'buy in' to be presented, and we're willing to accept the risks. Please don't try to speak for 'people' if that includes me? Thanks.

Otherwise, since Omicron doesn't offer you what you want, have you considered DART? There are also a (seemingly) never ending parade of reworked e-cig vapes to work through but I can't recommend them.

OF
Please don't be a johnny, here are your replies:

His best innovation is the glass-wicked oil cart, truly first and unique, his power supplies/batteries are very good but it is true they are improvements on already existing technology.

I'm not sure what problems you're having with the current carts, but they are exactly what you describe...
I push a button, vapor comes out, and I pocket it until next time.

If a cart is frustrating/giving you too many problems throw it away, that's the easiest thing to do and you don't lose a lot of thc if you load half grams. Yes it's not perfectly efficient and economical but it is an incredibly convenient and easy to use system with properly working carts.

The reason he doesn't go redesign his carts when people have problems using them is because 9/10 times the person just has to refine his technique. They're not broken so lets fix what's actually to blame.

To me it makes a lot of sense, he's gotten about all he can out of the omicart design and is moving on to more ambitious plans...

well if you guys havent noticed, the thing for me is that im trying to be considerate of less tech savvy patients, like i said, old ladies in pain and such... and im trying to limit the nunber of calls and issues i have to deal with in relation to recommending a product for sale to patients that you then have to offer CS on...
and im sorry, but yes, my stupid ce4 cartomizer is working better than omi carts for viscous oils that are considered more theraputic and likely to be recommended to patients over bho(pure gold, co2, rso). i am learning the finer points of bho and purging(thanks to this site) so that i can be sure of no residual solvents in bho and recommend that as well to patients, which i know does work better in the omi carts, but that doesnt change the fact that im trying to use oils that are knows to have issues with omi carts... i get it... and why im still here is because im actually still excited as well to see pyrex/ss tanks and such that can work with the thin stuff, and i hope that eventually the battery and hvd issues will work out, so i honestly hope to be able to use and recommend the omi in the near future...
ultimately that is why i am concerned about this product and voicing my criticisms, i am sorry if i get too carried away, but like you all, i seem to take this stuff probably a little too personal... once again, i ll try to take it down a knotch... it is after all just a vaporizer, and the world could probably use my attention for something better...

OF

ultimately that is why i am concerned about this product and voicing my criticisms, i am sorry if i get too carried away, but like you all, i seem to take this stuff probably a little too personal... once again, i ll try to take it down a knotch... it is after all just a vaporizer, and the world could probably use my attention for something better...

Your dedication and persistence do you credit, no doubt about it. As does your enthusiasm for the positive aspects of this product. Unfortunately that can lead to what could pass for repeated lectures to a guy on how to run his business, which I'm sure is not what you intended.

I think your message and reasoning have gotten through. How that will play out remains to be seen. Until then I suggest you investigate DART and other options. Not as easy to use at one level (being 'load as you go') but in most cases it's a simple matter to add a few more drops of oil and enjoy some serious, trouble free hits. It's also nice that any cart tasting 'off' or flat out bad, or balking in any way, can be fairly simply 'made like new again'.

Thanks for the apology, explanation, and rethink, they are most welcome.

Best wishes in your endeavors.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
well if you guys havent noticed, the thing for me is that im trying to be considerate of less tech savvy patients, like i said, old ladies in pain and such... and im trying to limit the nunber of calls and issues i have to deal with in relation to recommending a product for sale to patients that you then have to offer CS on...
and im sorry, but yes, my stupid ce4 cartomizer is working better than omi carts for viscous oils that are considered more theraputic and likely to be recommended to patients over bho(pure gold, co2, rso). i am learning the finer points of bho and purging(thanks to this site) so that i can be sure of no residual solvents in bho and recommend that as well to patients, which i know does work better in the omi carts, but that doesnt change the fact that im trying to use oils that are knows to have issues with omi carts... i get it... and why im still here is because im actually still excited as well to see pyrex/ss tanks and such that can work with the thin stuff, and i hope that eventually the battery and hvd issues will work out, so i honestly hope to be able to use and recommend the omi in the near future...

I understand you and we are working hard at trying to resolve all issues with our cartridge.

but you have to understand that with so many different variations of oils, and so many variations of users nothing is going to be perfect.

We are currently testing the leak proof carts and are not ready to release it, there is so many things to take into consideration and plan for, if we do the perfect cart its going to cost more then $200 because of the technology that is used.

With our Hercules cartridges It solves the issue on viscous oils, but then again the thicker oils are not perfect on it, so we are working. I would like to say its easier to take technology off the shelf and do all sorts of claims then later to find out people where lied to and over charged for the same thing that exists in another market, then to build something from the ground up. We rather take the challenge and do it from the ground up then be caught dead with rebranded bs.

If the CE4 works for you thats great, we will have these for ecig use if the next month, but we wont claim them for oils, like we did with the ego-w.

Now the tanks on the other hand the SS tank is for dual purpose. Specs on it will be released soon as we finish testing them out.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I'd suggest LV. A little slower, perhaps, but it's basically a 1.5 Ohm load. So if you can drive 1.5 Ohm Omicrons you should be fine. This leaves open the option of the mini V2 as well. It does work for a few hits (maybe two dozen if you're good and fast) and it's bitty for sure.

If you 'go that way' be sure to consider replacing the factory IMR 14650 with an AW IMR 14500, the performance is much improved. You'll need the longer end cap from the HVD upgrade kit or a 15mm spacer of course:
http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

If you use the spacer, be SURE it's at the bottom (minus end), next to the cap.

OF

Hey OF, I'm trying to find those aw imr14500 batteries, do you have a source? And what is the difference between those and icr? Thanks man..... I just ordered my lv dart :)......

I just researched icr/imr/ifr batts, why dont we use the icr?

Soflo,

GR

Hey OF, I'm trying to find those aw imr14500 batteries, do you have a source? And what is the difference between those and icr? Thanks man..... I just ordered my lv dart :)......

I just researched icr/imr/ifr batts, why dont we use the icr?

Well I am not OF, or Mister Nobody as I call him, but here is the link he posted http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html and here is the link for the 15mm spacer if anyone does not have the HVD unit http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

Spacer goes at the bottom of the battery.

OF will have to handle the other part of your question.

OF

OF will have to handle the other part of your question.

Thanks, GR, I was about to look it up again......

The short answer to 'how come IMR' is because it's the very best chemistry available for high current. LiMn beats Li-ion every time even if it means lower capacity. The mAh ratings aren't really what matters if you're looking for stable vaping in these systems. There's a clue in noting that both THC and TV use them where other types are cheaper and have more attractive numbers. They also have shorter cycle life......

OF

OF,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Thanks, GR, I was about to look it up again......
Riggs
The short answer to 'how come IMR' is because it's the very best chemistry available for high current. LiMn beats Li-ion every time even if it means lower capacity. The mAh ratings aren't really what matters if you're looking for stable vaping in these systems. There's a clue in noting that both THC and TV use them where other types are cheaper and have more attractive numbers. They also have shorter cycle life......

OF
Thanks allot guys! I read that about the life cycles and protected/non and was curious

Soflo,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom