Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Two entirely different designs. Persei seems to be analog (not computer) with the switch in series so everything is dead until you press it. A dropout in power doesn't mean anything. It carries on. Nothing to 'boot up'.

Omicron is processor controlled. There's a computer that flashes lights and turns power on and off in response to a key (not strictly a switch) input. Crash the computer and you're in trouble. We're getting crashes and restarts.

The Omicron is closer to the 8 in that respect than Persei, it too is processor controlled. In fact I'd say the new V2 design is closer to the old V2 than anything else THC has?

OF

Actually the 5-click feature is from the ecig world. Joyetech added 5-click on-off to the eGo-T line a while ago, Yes there is a microprocessor, but calling it a computer is a bit over the top.

BTW. The newest version of the Joyetech controller electronics (yes, you can buy the chip/circuit online) has a new mode!
It can both regulate the voltage (as eGo ecigs batteries have historically done) or it can go into "unregulated mode". It is only a small guess, but I'd bet most V2 users would have been happier with the same change to the V2. Check out the eGo-T 18650 mod tube switch at some online ecig place. And do note that the 5-click feature was added to the V1.2 when the manufacturer was switched, so I'd guess that the Chinese ecig maker dictated the switch/electronics assembly - Look around for S'Moore XPower900c sometime.

-NDA

vapeup

710 or bust
got the HVD sent back today, fingers crossed on round two and hopefully the PO is on my side again it did get here fast the first time. keeping the faith in G:science:

vapeup,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
It blinks whenever the battery is disconnected and reconnected.

I did however, just discover a fix.

For the 7.4v do this:

Unscrew the (long) bottom cap from the body a couple times
Drop a metal battery charging spacer in from the top (plus side up, shake it if you need)
Drop your two tiny batteries in
Compress the batteries and screw the top down the whole way
Now screw down your bottom cap until you feel it snug up on the battery inside

The fix for the 3.7v long is a bit trickier:

Since the battery charging spacer is too thick
We need to find washers that fit around the bottom cap's center post
I found some great ones that were labeled 10-32 that measure 5.2mm ID and 12mm OD
But anything with a center hole larger than 5mm and a diameter of less than 14mm should work
Now stack them around the center post until it sticks out like the charging spacer tip (5 washers for me)
Load batteries from the bottom this time, screw the cap down until it snugs up
If the cap screws down all the way add more washers, you want it nice and snug on the battery itself

Your hvd lock function will now work :D

Joe, you are the man! :clap: Looking forward to trying these fixes out.

JoeKickass

Joe, you are the man! :clap: Looking forward to trying these fixes out.

Thanks, I just went out on a test journey and not once did the v2 become unlocked.

I hope they work for everyone but sizes might be a bit different, the whole idea is to get your bottom cap to stick out a bit. If you can screw it down and feel it stop and hit the battery it should be good for out and about use, for long-term travel packed away somewhere I would still unscrew the cart though just to be safe...

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys that lock feature is in place for the hammer, when it becomes available, when the button is on if you tap it in place it turns off, this is because if it is dropped it shuts off instantly.

now joe has a little fix for it, thats fine and all, but please dont use it when have the hammer available for this top.

There is a reason to our insanity. Trust me i will give refunds to all who want it, but there is a reason to why i did it this way.

All will be seen end of next week.

We do have the 4.2v unregulated heads in and will be putting them up on the site in a few hours.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
What do we know about the re-boot problem?

We know it is due to the end-caps, the change in V2 tube length and bad engineering. We know that early V2's (call them V2.0) came with protected batteries and a longer tube than current V2's (call them V2.1). I believe the tube was shortened in order to only allow unprotected batteries, and of course everyone will only use IMRs to be safe. However, we've seen one report of a "short" end-cap being too long - This would be explained ,if after the decision to change the tube was made, the remaining protected-capable tubes were shipped with longer end-caps to have the same effect as the shorter tube. Fast forward: D9 offers the HVD upgrade and uses a new end-cap instead of a 15mm spacer at the bottom of the tube. Oh no! There are three different configurations out there - V2.0 with the long long tube and short short end-cap, V2.0.1 with the long long tube and the long short end-cap and V2.1 with the short long tube and the short short end-cap. What will we do? We'll use a long enough spring for the extreme cases! Maybe an electronic engineer made this mistake, mechanical or power engineers would should know better.

Now if the on/off switch change is for the Reactor and the Hammer, then which future accessory was the cause to disallow the lower current but higher capacity protected batteries in the first place?

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: brian420

JoeKickass

We do have the 4.2v unregulated heads in and will be putting them up on the site in a few hours.

I think I'll probably get one but the top we could really use is a hvd top with a momentary button that doesn't have the bump reset "feature" so the pocket lock will actually work.

For carts that would be ideal, and we'll just keep this top for the upcoming attachments.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Now if the on/off switch change is for the Reactor and the Hammer, then which future accessory was the cause to disallow the lower current but higher capacity protected batteries in the first place?

-NDA
this one i know. due to the new carts (1.5 ohm) and the common use of PG in the area this are mainly sold. the regulated tops were used to stop newbs from burning oil and carts. i actually just got back from a 3 day ban arguing w/ another user about how heat effects taste and you can burn your oil w/ the 1.5's on an 0-phos, or v1, etc. he was mad that it was even possible. many are mad that it was not enough. now many are mad that it's too much. can't please 'em all can ya, thc?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I think I'll probably get one but the top we could really use is a hvd momentary top that doesn't have the bump reset "feature" so the pocket lock will actually work.

For carts that would be ideal, and we'll just keep this top for the upcoming attachments.

Even if we do the momentary button on the hvd, at 7.4v it will still unlock when shaken. Just checked it.

The fix is the spring on the bottom, a longer spring even to keep the battery connected at all times.

JoeKickass

I'm almost certain the bump reset is part of the circuitry in the top, like OF said, a small capacitor to keep the lock circuit powered when the battery jumps is exactly what keeps this from happening with the original v2 top, and it's what is needed on this new top. I would think it's a small change...

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
this one i know. due to the new carts (1.5 ohm) and the common use of PG in the area this are mainly sold. the regulated tops were used to stop newbs from burning oil and carts. i actually just got back from a 3 day ban arguing w/ another user about how heat effects taste and you can burn your oil w/ the 1.5's on an 0-phos, or v1, etc. he was mad that it was even possible. many are mad that it was not enough. now many are mad that it's too much. can't please 'em all can ya, thc?

Im trying, maybe 2.0 ohms is better?

as for the HVD unlocking by itself only way is a longer spring or a memory upgrade to remember what position its in even with a battery reset.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm almost certain the bump reset is part of the circuitry in the top, like OF said, a small capacitor to keep the lock circuit powered when the battery jumps is exactly what keeps this from happening with the original v2 top, and it's what is needed on this new top. I would think it's a small change...

Already on it. We posted same time haha.

GR

G, awesome to hear that the unregulated tops will be available soon, that make me very happy. I for one have been understanding that the HVD was actually built for things to come and not a fix for the regulated V2 tops and it makes perfect sense to me why a slight bump will turn it off if bumped, not sure you expected it to undo the safety off switch but I don't really care when I have access to a unregulated V2 top. However the pairing with the mini tube seems to have promoted some confusion as to the purpose of this upgrade, I can also understand their confusion. I have personally found out that the HVD is not much of a travel unit and that is fine since I own multiple V1s and o-Phos units to do travel and the HVD has allowed me to break out my V2 and actually use it as a unregulated 3.7v, 7.4v, or mini 3.7v, lots of options and fun to play with them.

I am not sure you ever intended the 5 button press off feature to be able to be over rided by a bang, doesn't seem to be what was intended rather something that was over looked. No big deal to me once the unregulated V2 tops become available and the HVD never leaves the home but is a big deal to those that thought this was the upgrade for the V2 regulated top.

Personally I need you to be in business for a long time, I personally have a lot of money invested in your products and everyday talk your stuff up to patients. Failure is not an option, people count on you to provide a product that works better then any other available and you have delivered. I accept developement curves, I accept returning items that need a slight fix, and I need you making your products for years to come so I can have my "medicine" anytime, any place.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Even if we do the momentary button on the hvd, at 7.4v it will still unlock when shaken. Just checked it.

The fix is the spring on the bottom, a longer spring even to keep the battery connected at all times.

Any chance that you could send out new springs?

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G, awesome to hear that the unregulated tops will be available soon, that make me very happy. I for one have been understanding that the HVD was actually built for things to come and not a fix for the regulated V2 tops and it makes perfect sense to me why a slight bump will turn it off if bumped, not sure you expected it to undo the safety off switch but I don't really care when I have access to a unregulated V2 top. However the pairing with the mini tube seems to have promoted some confusion as to the purpose of this upgrade, I can also understand their confusion. I have personally found out that the HVD is not much of a travel unit and that is fine since I own multiple V1s and o-Phos units to do travel and the HVD has allowed me to break out my V2 and actually use it as a unregulated 3.7v, 7.4v, or mini 3.7v, lots of options and fun to play with them.

I am not sure you ever intended the 5 button press off feature to be able to be over rided by a bang, doesn't seem to be what was intended rather something that was over looked. No big deal to me once the unregulated V2 tops become available and the HVD never leaves the home but is a big deal to those that thought this was the upgrade for the V2 regulated top.

Personally I need you to be in business for a long time, I personally have a lot of money invested in your products and everyday talk your stuff up to patients. Failure is not an option, people count on you to provide a product that works better then any other available and you have delivered. I accept developement curves, I accept returning items that need a slight fix, and I need you making your products for years to come so I can have my "medicine" anytime, any place.

thanks for the support.

the unlocking feature was never intended.

OF stated a fix but this is a short time fix, what happens when someone changes out the battery and forgets that the unit resets because the capacitor only holds limited power then puts it in his pocket.

The only full fix is a built in memory that remembers the switches position.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

GR

Im trying, maybe 2.0 ohms is better?

t.

Might be, my hopes was a 5ohm at 3.7 v would do the trick, it is better then a 2.4 ohm at 3.7 but 2ohm would fit me very well. I admit I dont understand all the ohm and volt stuff but once I got the HVD I ran a bunch of my 2.4 ohm cats at 7.4v and they hit really nice until they burn up but they where in the throw away pile.

GR,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Might be, my hopes was a 5ohm at 3.7 v would do the trick, it is better then a 2.4 ohm at 3.7 but 2ohm would fit me very well. I admit I dont understand all the ohm and volt stuff but once I got the HVD I ran a bunch of my 2.4 ohm cats at 7.4v and they hit really nice until they burn up but they where in the throw away pile.

running 5 ohms at 3.7v would hardly get any vapor.

OF

OF stated a fix but this is a short time fix, what happens when someone changes out the battery and forgets that the unit resets because the capacitor only holds limited power then puts it in his pocket.

For sure it's short time, a few hundred mS at most is needed for contact bounce, battery changes are another matter entirely. Then again, when you change batteries and it reboots it comes up off no matter. It should keep it from self resetting and all, but it will take a major rework of the circuit board to make it happen. The time to put the part in is long since passed....maybe for next time?

The big danger, I think, is a reset defeating the lock. It doesn't take much of a brush or mishap to turn it on then.

running 5 ohms at 7.4v would hardly get any vapor.

I've never run 5 Ohm carts, nor anything at 7.4, but I have run 4 Ohms at 6 Volts which is actually a little lower in power per the chart and I can assure you from my POV "hardly any vapor" is not even close to the case. By the numbers this is the same current and twice the voltage as we get with the standard 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts, and I don't recall many calling that "hardly any vapor" with a straight face.....and this is twice that level?

OF

OF,

GR

thanks for the support.

the unlocking feature was never intended.

I believe it was Joe that posted a fix and I found it on my own as well, I don't see problems I only see solutions, I have had a a lot of fun finding the with the HVD top.

Honestly a fix is not what I am after, although it should probably be fixed for future production with the varying people out there, some of my tests have proved to be very distructive to a carts contents but I do not pay the money per fill most people pay,so I can experiment and toss carts and oil. I need to know that what I give to a patient is proven, at this point o-Phos is still what I recommend but once the unregulated tops go on the V2 I will recommend this unit since batteries are the only weak link.

GR

correction. i believe you meant to say running 5 ohms at 3.7v ....
So here is my ignorance, 5ohm at 3.7v is not a little more then 2.4ohm at 3.7v? I have lots of 2.4ohm carts and they hit weak, a few days of testing tells me a 5ohm cart at 3.7v hits 1 louder then 2.4s (ok it is .2 louder).

GR,
Top Bottom