Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

Like OF, I'm also noticing that the slightest bump will unlock the device.

This is really incontinent/worrying and bizarre at the same time because the springs in the endcaps are really strong. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it uses flat face contacts instead of a tapering coiled spring like in a flashlight...

mini tube + new HVD top = works...with no button lighting up (with auto on/off? scary!)

Do we know if the button not lighting up is related to the top itself? Not the original V2 bottom caps that THC was offering to send out earlier?

I would probably open a ticket if my light stopped working, that could be a symptom of something worse like the flickering light was an omen of failure...

JoeKickass,

SD_haze

Ok let me understand the hvd top turns on without pressing the button?
Nono, the button simply does not light up blue when its turned on.
Button lights up fine with mini tube+old top

Still was working, but since one click turns it on forever, I wasn't sure if it was actually turned off or not so I just unscrewed the cart itself to stop it from keeping on heating.

Luckily that was just with a 2.4ohm cart.

edit: to clarify, the HVD top *does* light up when used with the long tube and original endcap.

SD_haze,

OF

I bought one cart to test and have absolutely fallen in love (4 grams of iso hash later).

Should I just buy more batteries for my T1, and continue using 4 ohm carts? Would an Omicron last longer / charge easier? Is the Persei my better option? SORRY AGAIN!!!

First off, there are lots of options. For openers a couple of minor corrections, it's 510 thread (not 501) and the T1 runs at six volts (two times 3.0), Persei runs at 7.4 (two times 3.7) or a single 3.7. The 3.0 and 3.7 are two entirely different chemistries, although aside from the 25% or so difference in in voltage, they both perform the same.

One option is to stick with what you know and like. A set of batteries should give you a lot of hits. About 20 minutes of total heating time. You could also get the same sort of performance (9 Watts, give or take) with a 1.5 Ohm cart on a 3.7 Volt system. This brings up two routes, the easier, lower cost one is to by a couple of the 17650 batteries:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html

TV sells them too, of course. You'll need a charger for them, of course, but there are a lot of compact low cost chargers made for 18650 batteries (a very common type) that will charge them just fine.

Persei uses that same 18650 for 3.7 Volt operation, either system will give you about twice the run time using 1.5 Ohm carts (still getting 9 Watts or so). Also as an option with Persei is two 18350 batteries (7.4 Volt total) and a shift to 5 Ohm carts (11 Watts), the most expensive of the lot as you basically use nothing you now have.

Your call. IMO they run (a) buy more RCR123As, (b) buy 17670s, charger and carts or (c) buy Persei kit with carts. You should get say 75 or 80 twenty second hits from (a) and maybe 150 or so from (b) or (c).

Thanks OF. You're always quick to help out and break things down. One last question. If I did choose to try and use all 7.4v with the HVD, is the 5ohm the only cart strong enough to hang? I'm looking at the chart on http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html and the 5ohm cart seems to be the only one recommended for use with 7.4v. Since the voltage is being changed, how would the outcome be effected? Thanks for being patient with me because math and science were never my strong points. :tup:

You're welcome, glad to help when I can.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. "Since the voltage is being changed" makes no sense since 7.4 never was an Omicron voltage??? I haven't ever run 7.4 Volts for any length of time, but for sure 4 Ohms (which I tried) doesn't work without pulsing the switch. I'm not even really sure five is enough to let you key it on and go like you do with 3.7 Volt stuff. OTOH, there are guys out there running 2.4 Ohm carts at 7.4.....pulsing all the way no doubt.

Not to worry, us nerds need something to do you know?

To add on to Zing,
If you're able to get PureGold capsules, those you can throw in a pill bottle of fish oil or vitamin E pretty safely and bring an empty cart to fill when you get there.

To put my two cents in, it's my understanding you're OK if staying in the same Med State (like SF to LA) since cops on both ends are cool. However, (isn't there always a however?) planes are Federal territory. TSA is Feds, and they don't recognize MM. It's contraband to them should they choose to do so. And has been said, have done so in some few cases. In at least one I read about the fool brought it on himself.

Another option is to bring a 'throw away vape' (say VG or Ubie?), gets herb on the other end and abandon it for the return?

Like OF, I'm also noticing that the slightest bump will unlock the device.

This is really incontinent/worrying and bizarre at the same time because the springs in the endcaps are really strong. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it uses flat face contacts instead of a tapering coiled spring like in a flashlight...

It does 'fail safe' which in this case saves the day, IMO. I think I understand why this top behaves the way it does (keeps it from coming on on because of 'contact bounce'). The old style definitely stores longer, you can 'lock it' (five presses), take out the battery and put it back and still be locked off if you're quick enough, can't do that on the new one. The original will just 'slide past' battery bounce for this reason.

OF

OF,

beEasy

I still can't get my mini tube to screw in all the way. I'm using the HVD top, mini tube, V2 cap, and 1 14250 battery. This is as far as I can get the top to screw in before I have to use some force.

sMZQG.jpg

After forcing the top to screw on completely, I checked the battery and it had a dent from the spring on the V2 cap.

isj6K.jpg

Do you guys think the dented battery is going to be a problem or can I continue using it?

beEasy,

OF

I

Do you guys think the dented battery is going to be a problem or can I continue using it?

I have several 14500s dented like that from my battles with switch issues in my Revolution a while back, they're all doing fine. If it was mine, I'd run it.

But I'd also figure out how it happened and not do it again......

OF

OF,
Reactions: beEasy

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I have several 14500s dented like that from my battles with switch issues in my Revolution a while back, they're all doing fine. If it was mine, I'd run it.

But I'd also figure out how it happened and not do it again......

OF
my functional hvd doesn't screw all the way down. if i want it lined up i screw the body onto the top and then thread the bottom plate, leaving it cracked a milimeter

OF

my functional hvd doesn't screw all the way down. if i want it lined up i screw the body onto the top and then thread the bottom plate, leaving it cracked a milimeter

Mine comes up snug with no problems. Don't I recall some fiddling with the cap early on with the V2? FWIW mine measures .575 inches relaxed, .395 fully compressed....in case someone else with a HVD has calipers handy? Or even just a V2 to measure?

It's obviously not too 'battery crushing tight' in there, since tapping the base on the deck shifts the battery enough to break contact and force a reset.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Mine comes up snug with no problems. Don't I recall some fiddling with the cap early on with the V2? FWIW mine measures .575 inches relaxed, .395 fully compressed....in case someone else with a HVD has calipers handy? Or even just a V2 to measure?

It's obviously not too 'battery crushing tight' in there, since tapping the base on the deck shifts the battery enough to break contact and force a reset.

OF
mine is .575 relaxed as well, but compresses to .410
no battery reset capable w/ mine

Bob Loblaw,

OF

mine is .575 relaxed as well, but compresses to .410
no battery reset capable w/ mine

Wow! .015 difference? And that fouls you out? That's kinda spooky if you asked me. Even if you didn't.

OK, here's some more info. My long tube measures ..362 to the base of the battery, the short tube, OTOH measures .256. Given that we only have .165 compliance in your cap (.180 in mine) I'd say someone screwed up the short tube length, it should have been almost 1/8 inch longer? For sure the traditional tolerance check on the mechanics seems to be a mite lacking. The new (long) caps have much more compliance...which it seems is a very good thing in this case. Given those numbers it's going to be mostly luck you'll end up with what I got, a full set that seems 'to work'? There's very little margin in there, something less than 2mm 'best case'? And we haven't considered differences in length of the various brands of batteries that might be used....

OF

just got the o-phos, fuly charged the bat. press the button now with cart screwed in and the light for the button doesn't turn on.... any suggestions? this is a BRAND new unit, first usage here

bombaysippin,
In Of we trust!! This Upgrade is A mess!! I hope they test my replacement Before Sending Out to me! I cant take another disapointment :bang:

GREEDYWEEDY1,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
just got the o-phos, fuly charged the bat. press the button now with cart screwed in and the light for the button doesn't turn on.... any suggestions? this is a BRAND new unit, first usage here
yah, that one got me the first time too, there is an on/off feature where you click the button 5 times in a row quickly. Should turn it on...

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
glad I could help ;)

On the HVD issues, I am a little worried, but still holding out to see if I get one of the smaller bottom caps in the mail, and if it does work the way it should. I have no other way of testing mine out right now. With all of this going on, I hate to ask if there is any idea on when the colored models will be available... seeing that there is a lot on the plate to deal with right now.

jambandphan03,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
You're welcome, glad to help when I can.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. "Since the voltage is being changed" makes no sense since 7.4 never was an Omicron voltage??? I haven't ever run 7.4 Volts for any length of time, but for sure 4 Ohms (which I tried) doesn't work without pulsing the switch. I'm not even really sure five is enough to let you key it on and go like you do with 3.7 Volt stuff. OTOH, there are guys out there running 2.4 Ohm carts at 7.4.....pulsing all the way no doubt.

Not to worry, us nerds need something to do you know?

OF

I thought that the HVD top offered unregulated use for the 3.7 volt batteries as well as the option to use two 3.7 volt batteries at once, thus turning it into a 7.4 volt unit. Am I mistaken or possibly confusing some terminology?

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I thought that the HVD top offered unregulated use for the 3.7 volt batteries as well as the option to use two 3.7 volt batteries at once, thus turning it into a 7.4 volt unit. Am I mistaken or possibly confusing some terminology?

The HVD top will allow you to use your fully charged battery at 4.2v and also 7.4v

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The HVD top will allow you to use your fully charged battery at 4.2v and also 7.4v

Thanks, G. So what is the benefit of using 7.4v as opposed to 3.7v? Larger hits? I'm sorry, I'm still a little confused because people say that the less resistance, the larger the hit. If that's the case, wouldn't 1.5ohm carts at 3.7v be ideal for maximum clouds (considering the fact that 7.4v would completely fry a 1.5ohm cart)? Thanks for helping and remaining patient!

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks, G. So what is the benefit of using 7.4v as opposed to 3.7v? Larger hits? I'm sorry, I'm still a little confused because people say that the less resistance, the larger the hit. If that's the case, wouldn't 1.5ohm carts at 3.7v be ideal for maximum clouds (considering the fact that 7.4v would completely fry a 1.5ohm cart)? Thanks for helping and remaining patient!

Some people like that extra watt or two that the 7.4v gives with 4 and 5 ohms.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So does the extra watt or two with the 4 and 5 ohm carts kick up bigger clouds than the 1.5 ohm carts at 4.2v?

3.7v with 1.5 ohm cart puts out 9.12 watts

3.7v with 2.4 ohm cart puts out 5.70 watts

4.2v with 1.5 ohm cart puts out 11.76 watts. Fully charged

4.2v with 2.4 ohm cart puts out 7.35 watts Fully charged

7.4v with 5 ohm carts puts out 10.95 watts

7.4v with 4 ohm carts puts out 13.69 watts

8.4v with 5 ohm carts puts out 14.11 Watts Fully Charged

8.4v with 4 ohm carts puts out 17.64 watts Fully Charged

With higher watts means hotter and faster rate of vaporization. Bigger clouds in shorter time.

Top Bottom