Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Dgtheonlyg

k so today i couldn't be so high and happy at the same time haha. Got my upgrade today! Went down to the post office (5 mins away) and got my hvd and happy came home to no charging and strait to cart filling. In my first 5 ohm cart i filled up blue elephant witch was happly yoking about like 1 minute after filling. My other 5 ohm cart i have blackberry sour d. Both are hitting extremely nice at 7.4. For all you people who don't like click on/off. Well I've been waiting awhile for this. i have always hated holding down the button. Now for a hit i just click on then off, no more holding during hits! This not only is more easier but is classy. I also made a ticket with d9 too about how on receipts its showing no discount. Im pretty sure they are aware of the problem. The only thing i don't like is how my chrome top doesn't match up with the omicron of my black v2, but for now its only looks so i don't really care. The new tops feel bulletproof. Also to the comments about the threading i def think that my chrome hvd top threads will be decently be eaten by my v2 body but i have applied some grease and being careful at twisting it on

Dgtheonlyg,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys who ever is having a issue can you skype me?

Thc Scientific i want to see what the issue is and try to resolve it.

ThcScientific Im on and invisible so send me your contact info and please have your video on. Ill be here till 5pm pacific standard time.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dgtheonlyg

guys who ever is having a issue can you skype me?

Thc Scientific i want to see what the issue is and try to resolve it.

ThcScientific Im on and invisible so send me your contact info and please have your video on. Ill be here till 5pm pacific standard time.

g i tired to get a chat goin with you or do you only do video?

Dgtheonlyg,

OF

OK, I'm back from lunch. I wasn't able to find the CC bill easily, I'll look again later, thanks very much to those who checked theirs and found the charges correct despite the paperwork. I won't sweat it for now then. That I'm sure can be easily straightened out.

My top and caps fit fine, all is black so the theory that it's the chrome plated ones seems to hold.
The new top does seem to fix the voltage drop issue. I measure about .4 Volt drop driving 2.4 Ohm carts (3.77 Volt battery gives 3.33 out, 4.21 in is 3.82 out) basically what the V1 and old V2 did, however switching to 1.5 Ohms shows the improvement others are reporting (3.14 and 3.65 out respectively), this is basically what you get from the TV Ultra supply which has no electronics. Again, the 'lost power' issue seems to be corrected.

I can't tell you anything about 7.4 Volts as I too got a defective 14250 cell (Ticket started....). I used my WF-188 charger since it can be turned down to 300 mA charge rate rather than using the factory charger at 700 mA. Unfortunately this means the adapters are harder to use, but I'd rather do that I guess.

There's also no (or very little) capacitor to 'keep alive' the unit during brief drops in power like the former unit has, this leads to extra 'start up flashes' from bumps or 'holidays' in the contacts as you screw and unscrew stuff. This defaults to off so there doesn't seem to be any danger of accidentally turning it on setting it down (although you can sometimes turn it off that way it seems. It can be done in other handling, I turned it off without knowing while taking voltage readings....suddenly everything was zero and the light was off. I must have hit the button. Right now for myself at least, extra care is called for IMO, I could goof this up.

Electrically it seems to bring the 1.5s back to life again. A/B tests between the new top and the TV Ultra or one of my VV tops come out a push for production (which makes sense since their voltages now agree), so I guess we wait for the availability update on the 'non regulated, momentary' heads to make the call. This guy is a clear improvement, and may well be close enough for many?

Oh, yes, one other observation, you can also use the new (longer) end cap with the long tube for another 3.7 Volt system if you use 14500 batteries instead. Lucky for me I have a fair number of them, that's what I'm running right now in fact. For now, keeping the new top on the short tube should help prevent brain fade from causing an accident. For now, the short one is very different.....and also kinda neat. Makes the cart seem longer now.

Now you know as much as me.

Best wishes with yours, guys that haven't got one might be missing a bet....subject IMO to this on/off thing and the parts fit issues of course. If the momentary tops are not long in coming that too may become a problem of the past.

Make sure the threads are clean. Maybe use a drop of oil as suggested, but I personally wouldn't want to add resistance, the threads are used to complete the circuit

Good thought, but IMO not an issue. The 'point contact forces' in threads can be huge, liquids like oils or greases are generally 'wiped away' in the process and you come down to metal on metal contact. The current levels in play actually help this happen, "dry" (non powered) and more heavily loaded contacts are much more vulnerable to this sort of problem. The special greases sold for this purpose are actually insulators as well, they don't conduct, take your ohm meter to the jar of the stuff and see.

I still have a question about ohms and carts, though. With the regulated top, the 1.5 ohm carts produced the biggest clouds. With the HVD, what would be the equivalent and what would be the benefit of having a higher ohm cart as opposed to lower ohm one?

It doesn't matter, no matter what conditions, lower resistance carts will draw more current and therefore produce more power than higher ones. You need to change conditions (like voltage) at the same time for that not to happen.

Let's look at a couple of numbers. Say you're happy with 1.5 Ohm carts with the old V2. That's 2.98 Volts delivered for 6.0 Watts developed. Put that same cart on the new V2 and you get 3.65 (from a fresh 4.2 Volt battery, a typical 3.7 Volts still gives 3.14 still a significant improvement) for almost ten Watts (9.9). For contrast, the 2.4 under those conditions gives 3.82 Volts out (3.33 for lower input above) for 6.1 Watts. 3.33 Volts (mid charge) still delivers 4.6 Watts a much closer match? You've no other choices.

Put another way, with a fresh battery charge the new top with a 2.4 Ohm cart outperforms the 1.5 on the old one by a tiny bit. This makes using the 1.5 an whole other thing again. It's basically a nearly 70% boost in power (six to ten Watts). That will slow up as the battery discharges of course, but it's still much improved.

HTH?

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
start a text conversation on skype and G will handle the problems right now. just got done talking with him and getting this solved. hopefully my fixes will be in the mail soon!

OF

I dont have skype and im wondering if we got charged the full amount for the hvd

Several guys have checked their bills and found the correct price despite what the paperwork says. My CC bill has gone missing right now, but I'm assuming it's the same on mine. So far nobody's reported getting an accurate invoice with their unit, so I suspect everyone gets a an invoice for $85 or so but "payed" $50 or so six or so weeks back.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ya invoice is different then what is charged, shopping cart software has issues with that, since the coupon code gives you the discount, paypal sees it, but when shipping software creates invoice it uses original price.

vapeup

710 or bust
Ok got the HVD satuday, luckily everything fit together chrome and black, charged up batteries, everything works, till you put a cart in then no light in button. Ok great so try at 7.4 seems to work fine now..... so NOW on the short tube one of batteries lights up button, one just a little/with cart.

then i notice metal flaking away from top of threads so i took a pic

fist thing i do go to tie nail :rofl: then create a ticket

and all i get back is them saying, send it in on my dime! even asked for G
now after MONTHS of waiting for a proper vape after the V2 fiasco, im back to spending more money and WAITING EVEN MORE!

now thats customer service
must say the two days i had it i was happy with my purchases, i guess

ilovedoobies!

Ok got the HVD satuday, luckily everything fit together chrome and black, charged up batteries, everything works, till you put a cart in then no light in button. Ok great so try at 7.4 seems to work fine now..... so NOW on the short tube one of batteries lights up button, one just a little/with cart.

now after MONTHS of waiting for a proper vape after the V2 fiasco, im back to spending more money and WAITING EVEN MORE!

Same issue with a cart on the HVD AND short tube the light clicked on just fades away and there is no glowing button :rolleyes: The v2 top on the hvd short tube works fine

Also tell me what it means when these units buttons flashes when pushing ?!?!? Thank you

ilovedoobies!,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

We compensate you for the shipping with a free cartridge, while other vape manufacturers dont even do this.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Same issue with a cart on the HVD AND short tube the light clicked on just fades away and there is no glowing button :rolleyes: The v2 top on the hvd short tube works fine

Also tell me what it means when these units buttons flashes when pushing ?!?!? Thank you

Are batteries charged?

vapeup

710 or bust
We compensate you for the shipping with a free cartridge, while other vape manufacturers dont even do this.
yes and im appreciative but when im buying 5 packs from you i will be adding the free one to the BIN of carts i have.

but if we are talking nail carts then im down:smug:

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Hey everyone

So I have some very, very, very amateur questions for all of you. First off I apologize; I tried searching for an answer to my post, but it seems as though the technology and the possible combinations of batteries and devices is completely and totally lost on me.

I am currently using a Thermovape T1 base with an adapter (601-->501?) that allows me to utilize the user friendly Omicron carts. If I am not mistaken, the Thermovape runs on ~7v so I should be using a 4ohm cartridge. I bought one cart to test and have absolutely fallen in love (4 grams of iso hash later).

I will be going to a music festival over the summer and I would like to not resort to combustion. I figured I would load up a few carts, buy a bunch of batteries, and enjoy the good times! Basically I need your advice on what configuration will me the best clouds for the longest battery life? I hope that makes sense...:ko:

Should I just buy more batteries for my T1, and continue using 4 ohm carts? Would an Omicron last longer / charge easier? Is the Persei my better option? SORRY AGAIN!!!

ioright,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
It doesn't matter, no matter what conditions, lower resistance carts will draw more current and therefore produce more power than higher ones. You need to change conditions (like voltage) at the same time for that not to happen.

Let's look at a couple of numbers. Say you're happy with 1.5 Ohm carts with the old V2. That's 2.98 Volts delivered for 6.0 Watts developed. Put that same cart on the new V2 and you get 3.65 (from a fresh 4.2 Volt battery, a typical 3.7 Volts still gives 3.14 still a significant improvement) for almost ten Watts (9.9). For contrast, the 2.4 under those conditions gives 3.82 Volts out (3.33 for lower input above) for 6.1 Watts. 3.33 Volts (mid charge) still delivers 4.6 Watts a much closer match? You've no other choices.

Put another way, with a fresh battery charge the new top with a 2.4 Ohm cart outperforms the 1.5 on the old one by a tiny bit. This makes using the 1.5 an whole other thing again. It's basically a nearly 70% boost in power (six to ten Watts). That will slow up as the battery discharges of course, but it's still much improved.

HTH?

OF

Thanks OF. You're always quick to help out and break things down. One last question. If I did choose to try and use all 7.4v with the HVD, is the 5ohm the only cart strong enough to hang? I'm looking at the chart on http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html and the 5ohm cart seems to be the only one recommended for use with 7.4v. Since the voltage is being changed, how would the outcome be effected? Thanks for being patient with me because math and science were never my strong points. :tup:

kindbeats,
just wondering what the deal is with the omicron and bringing it on a plane, not using it on the plane just transporting it. Please let me know the legality. Thanks

PointBlank,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
just wondering what the deal is with the omicron and bringing it on a plane, not using it on the plane just transporting it. Please let me know the legality. Thanks

Safe to fly with everything but filled carts. TSA was letting people through from med state to med state but I've read of at least five cases where people have been stopped. In one case, a businessman from AK, the TSA turned him over to the local police.

Heard of plenty of people who travel with it just fine...

-Z

Zingbuddah,

SD_haze

To add on to Zing,
If you're able to get PureGold capsules, those you can throw in a pill bottle of fish oil or vitamin E pretty safely and bring an empty cart to fill when you get there.

SD_haze

Since the original V2 required no "pushing in" of the battery to assemble it, I just didn't get that aspect of assembling the mini-tube. From that, in turns out my mini tube assembles perfectly fine. After about 4-5 assemblies the threads have become "trained" and screw in without any force necessary.
I didn't have a chrome HVD upgrade so it does look like thats where the threading issues might be.

I ordered chrome (even says chrome on my invoice in the package) but I got a box that said matte black and a black HVD. So I'll definitely take getting the wrong color if it meant I got the one without any issues :evil:

However, now that I got it working I did find the other issue that I'm pretty sure some people have reported already?
Mini tube + regulated V2 top = works A-OK
mini tube + new HVD top = works...with no button lighting up (with auto on/off? scary!)

Do we know if the button not lighting up is related to the top itself? Not the original V2 bottom caps that THC was offering to send out earlier?

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok let me understand the hvd top turns on without pressing the button?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom