Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
am with ya on the HVD and the sharing by Every1...other than stripping out my old v2, the small omi that is working with new deep set threads like the hammer top and super stealth of it. battery life isn't too bad, either considering the size. much better than my ultralite.

speaking of extra parts...
anyone got an extra cone from an o-phos or omi v1 that they'd be willing to trade for a couple of carts or something?

medical cannabis is a miracle for many, glad to hear your story Every1. i found out this weekend that my best friend's sister is snorting fentonal (sp?). have known them for 20 yrs. so it's hard to watch. thanks so much for sharing and glad you made it back from that. and yea, as usual OF has hit the mark (or close to it, anyway ;)) a backup piece is always a good thing, 'specially when it's that important.

EDiT -

i do think that at least the endcap should be available as a different option or separate piece as $80 is fair for a shorty unit compared to the $140 the larger unit costs. just me? unless the smaller cap is cheaper to make and then maybe add $10?
Hey man, if your best friend ever needs to talk to someone, non-bias and crash coarse educated on the subject, i am always around. Just send me a personel message and ill give you my info. I know for a fact i can give them support and point them in the right direction. But thats all i can do is point. She has to do the walking.

Short end caps all around, please G? To be fair, the website and your past posts on here really made it sound like a stand alone unit, minus charger and mouthpieces. I ordered it to have a mini, until I drop the cash for a V2. While it is an "upgrade" for the V2, it was advertised as more than that, and should be for the price. I'm pretty glad this was half off, I could imagine being pretty disappointed if the full wad came out of my pocket.
Either way, having plenty of back up vape help me forget about it, for now. W9 will make it right, as usual.
Happy fathers day papa's!

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

GR

Got my HVD yesterday and had some time to play with it. No problems with threading with the black HVD and black V2. I had ordered some 5ohm and 4ohm carts but they sent 2 boxes of 5ohm instead, hitting the 5ohm at 7.4 volts and I am glad they sent 2 boxes of 5ohm, I think 4ohm would have been to much for me at 7.4v. Need more checking but when I ran the mini last night on a fresh charge the life was very short but alcohol was involved and the press on and press off has a learning curve that may have contributed to draining the battery quicker then when I am more practiced. To be honest I don't like the double press of the button for on/off, I am guessing this will be useful with some attachments in the future but I am an old dog who does not like new tricks.

Another thing is the 7.4v setup make the Omni top heavy and it doesn't like to stand up on its own .

OF

Got my HVD yesterday and had some time to play with it.

To be honest I don't like the double press of the button for on/off, I am guessing this will be useful with some attachments in the future but I am an old dog who does not like new tricks.

SAY WHAT???

I just watched the new video, this is not a simple upgrade to get rid of the design defect of lowering the output power with that ill advised regulator? You have to accept the change to 'on/off' at the same time? And pay fifty bucks, get a bunch of stuff you don't really want to convert to a voltage you weren't interested in not to mention waiting? That's Horse $hit!!!

I call on THC to make good on the original V2 design. Get rid of the power limit you didn't tell us about and stop forcing a new model with features to support your future products on us. We paid good money for "an improved" V1 that wasn't. V1 outperforms it. Fine, fix that. Don't go adding features we never asked for and can't seem to shut off. So what happens if I forget which top I'm using, let the button go and put it in my pocket? There's no time out, right? Good show there's no lawyers around......

Very disappointing, even without the false starts and delays. As I see it you shipped lame V2s and still haven't addressed that. What you're offering is something different.

OF

SD_haze

Besides my mini-tube not working at all, the unregulated 3.7v top on my long tube was EXACTLY what my concentrate needed. That extra 0.5 volts is making all the difference from very small wisps to nice skim milk cloud

SD_haze,
Yah wish they would have jus sent the Black hvd I had Originaly orderd! instead of calling me with the Chrome option! Now I gotta wait Even Longer!! Oh well Back to dutch masters!! I still love yah G!! mabie I can go to the delta9 store and replace! I hate using mail order! does any one know where the store is?

GREEDYWEEDY1,

OF

Besides my mini-tube not working at all, the unregulated 3.7v top on my long tube was EXACTLY what my concentrate needed. That extra 0.5 volts is making all the difference from very small wisps to nice skim milk cloud

To continue my rant from above, "extra 0.5 volts is making all the difference from very small wisps to nice skim milk cloud" is exactly what got this started. It should, of course, not have been needed. Nobody wanted to upgrade to a V2 that performed worse just to avoid battery charger problems. G has said it wasn't his idea and it 'slipped through' on the V2 design. IMO it should have been discovered in testing before sales, but that's behind us now. It's a known design flaw, acknowledged by the 'maker', and should be fixed under warranty IMO. I'm OK with offsetting some of that cost with this upgrade, but it's clear now that what I'm finally getting tomorrow when I got down to sign for the GD thing is not going to feed the bulldog. I get yet another unadvertised feature that makes it basically unsafe for me to use....even if it screws together properly.

Really, really lame. And you can quote me on that!

OF

THChemist

I agree 100% with this statement. I am FINALLY getting the hits off my Omi V2 I always should have been getting!!!

Got one of the HVD kits I ordered, I too am in desperate need of some replacement end caps btw.

Was not expecting the push on / push off feature!!! With 1.5 ohm carts on single cell voltage, I found turning the HVD on for a sec, then off for a sec, gave me the best hits.

As far as the HVD not threading well into the Omi v2 long tube, i had this issue too, but just had to unscrew, and rescrew it once or twice to work the threads, now it works fine. Hope this helps someone out there!

THChemist,

vishus650

i might be wrong, but i predict there will be a lot of burnt carts and unhappy customers due to the press on press off feature. especially after some people get medicated, they will all but forget and leave the bad boy on, and well the rest is history. :\

GR

More time with the HVD, I don't care for the 5ohm at 7.4, to hot and flavor is lost, to easy to overheat with the function of the button, however running the 5ohm at 3.7 with the button function is nice. 1.5 ohm carts finally work correctly on the V2 but because of the button function I think I will be out and about with V1 and let the V2 be the stay at home unit. The mini setup is very nice and stealthy so I might consider taking this out and about as long as the batteries last a decent amount of time.

I am really liking 5ohm at 3.7v with the on/off button function. On the V1 using 1.5ohm carts I have a press for X amount of time and off for X amount of time depending on the strain I am vaping and this is harder to do with the button function on the HVD however the 5ohm is cool enough to just let it be on for the entire duration of the hit, nice vape production, good flavor, and cool enough to do at least 3 back to back hits.

While the HVD adds some extra function to my Omni collection it is not perfect for my uses. My hopes are the V2.5s will have the hold button down function and not regulate the voltage, this is the Omni I want.

GR,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
To continue my rant from above, "extra 0.5 volts is making all the difference from very small wisps to nice skim milk cloud" is exactly what got this started. It should, of course, not have been needed. Nobody wanted to upgrade to a V2 that performed worse just to avoid battery charger problems. G has said it wasn't his idea and it 'slipped through' on the V2 design. IMO it should have been discovered in testing before sales, but that's behind us now. It's a known design flaw, acknowledged by the 'maker', and should be fixed under warranty IMO. I'm OK with offsetting some of that cost with this upgrade, but it's clear now that what I'm finally getting tomorrow when I got down to sign for the GD thing is not going to feed the bulldog. I get yet another unadvertised feature that makes it basically unsafe for me to use....even if it screws together properly.

OF

Save these posts for the next time some cretin calls you a "fanboy".

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Watching all of this going on is one of the reasons I have not yet picked up the V2. I saw the restricted cap issue, and thought I'd wait until that was resolved and the model was being sold with the unrestricted cap. Then the HVD came along, and anticipating getting the V2 in the near future and thinking there was a chance I could still end up with the restricted cap, I got in line so I could get the discount (I'll admit it) and have the unrestricted cap available to me, and also have the mini option. Now reading all the new troubles people are discovering with the HVD threading not working with the V2 and now the on/off feature, I am feeling like I won't be grabbing up any more of the Omi upgrades/products until they are really working properly. Bad timing for G to not be around. This is starting to pile up in here. Hate to say it, but maybe there are too many irons in the fire, some extra attention needs to go to the V2 to get it up to par for regular use off the shelf, out of the box. It really isn't fair to the customer base to keep making production mistakes that end up costing the customer money to fix, upgrade or replace for a part to make it work right. I appreciate all the efforts THCSCI has been putting into making these products, it's just a bit discouraging to see things unfolding this way.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
If it isn't broke, don't fix it. There are plenty of other problems to fix at the moment, so why change one of the few things that worked perfectly? :shrug:

kindbeats,
Reactions: vishus650

VAPORIZER22

OF

When the power limit was discovered I wish it would have been covered by the warranty and just replaced the tops, considering it was not an intended designed feature of the V2, and as OF stated, made it not perform as well as the V1. I still would have purchased the HVD, but it would of been nice to have the option to just swap out the tops under warranty for those who have no need or interest in the HVD.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys I stated that we will have the none hvd tops available without the 3.7v regulation. That top is the upgraded waterproof and durable top.

The HVD is a upgrade not a stand alone unit, that was said before. That is why it's under the upgrade section and not the vaporizer section. You needed te original V2 to use the mini mode.

As for caps not fitting we did not have this issue in testing and final check.

Click on/off feature was added because when we introduce the pass through people can use the hammer on it.

Once again OF If someone forgets to press the brake on the vehicle and gets into a accident is it the manufacturers fault for not installing brakes that press itself?

I will be back tomorrow to address all issues. I understand everyone's confusion. Let's talk tomorrow.

JoeKickass

Click on/off feature was added because when we introduce the pass through people can use the hammer on it.

That's a valid reason...

I think it's going to be a case-by-case thing, I have a feeling I will be able to get used to the toggle on/toggle off and find it useful for some devices, but others might want the momentary on... maybe some kind of exchange program for people who would be better suited to the momentary HVD (if it gets made) or the non-HVD (momentary?) non-limited top that is coming soon?

Once again OF If someone forgets to press the brake on the vehicle and gets into a accident is it the manufacturers fault for not installing brakes that press itself?

This could be more like a car with a press on/press off gas pedal, which would be much more wild...

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
That's a valid reason...

I think it's going to be a case-by-case thing, I have a feeling I will be able to get used to the toggle on/toggle off and find it useful for some devices, but others might want the momentary on... maybe some kind of exchange program for people who would be better suited to the momentary HVD (if it gets made) or the non-HVD (momentary?) non-limited top that is coming soon?

This could be more like a car with a press on/press off gas pedal, which would be much more wild...

We are making the replacement tops for the non regulated non click on/off feature, this was going to be a $10 upgrade for anyone who wanted the waterproof and durability.

OF

Save these posts for the next time some cretin calls you a "fanboy".

An excellent idea. I guess if I really was a secretly paid shill, I just got fired?

I think that's a much better analogy. Two standard safety features, time out and now the "deadman's switch" (as it'll be described to the jury) were systematically removed. Not a strong position to be dealing from if your plan is to call it operator error IMO.

If it had been a feature you could select, that's fine I think. But forcing it and not even making it clear it was happening is not good.....

Let's see what new news tomorrow will bring?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
An excellent idea. I guess if I really was a secretly paid shill, I just got fired?

I think that's a much better analogy. Two standard safety features, time out and now the "deadman's switch" (as it'll be described to the jury) were systematically removed. Not a strong position to be dealing from if your plan is to call it operator error IMO.

If it had been a feature you could select, that's fine I think. But forcing it and not even making it clear it was happening is not good.....

OF

OF

I already fired 1 engineer OF and we will not have anymore issues, I will make it right for people who are effected with the bad bottom caps.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
just want to add that even thought it has the on/off, it still has the 5 click to turn the whole unit off so it is safe in ur pocket. It might not have been advertised as a stand alone unit, but it was mentioned that we thought it could be. many of us suggested them to new users as a cheap alternative to the O-PHOS. that is awesome that you are gonna sell the tops stand alone for only $10 bucks, but people really should have the option to get a functional mini. i really can't see why you wouldn't be able to. no one should have to pay over $200 to get a functional mini unit as well as a longer one if they don't need the longer/or 7.4v version. TV sells every piece they make. at a ridiculous cost, but at least the customer has the option. i can't see what part of what business model that would mean that this would be so difficult for THC. once again, may not have been advertised that way, but it is disingenuous to say that it is all on our end. I knew that jambandphan, for instance, didn't have a v2 and was getting a hvd unit for stand alone, 'cuz i have a good memory, but also 'cuz she told us. if may not be in your financial interest to stop her, but then you also own the fallout, yes? my two cents

EDiT - you're already on it w/ the end caps. thanks so much for seeing it from our perspective. i personally don't mind paying to send my old one back or paying a few bucks for the new one, but that's me.

OF

I already fired 1 engineer OF and we will not have anymore issues, I will make it right for people who are effected with the bad bottom caps.

Your personnel issues are your own to resolve as you see fit. I hope whatever changes you make work for you. I've no worry you'll make it right in the end, you've never failed to and are generally very proactive in the area, anything less would be out of character.

All that doesn't do much for the sudden additional disappointments and delays, I'm sure you understand that?

As I said, let's see what new news develops. There are several issues to address, nobody expects you to do so on Father's day on a cell phone in as quiet a corner as you can find.

Another day (or even a few) delay isn't that big a deal, IMO, knowing the answers are coming?

OF

" sweet, I'll use the HDV as a mini in the mean time, looking forward to it." Jambandphan03.
You would need the charger thats the only thing that is missing.
I understand its an upgrade, but your posts and the actual website listing kinda makes a guy think otherwise.

Edit:+1 on OF saying we don't expect father day help from ya man, enjoy your day, we all get back to the grind tomorrow, but not today.

OF

" sweet, I'll use the HDV as a mini in the mean time, looking forward to it." Jambandphan03.

I understand its an upgrade, but your posts and the actual website listing kinda makes a guy think otherwise.

I gotta second what the Brother says, I got fooled as to what was in the box as well. It's not, it seems the machine I expected to get. I can still find no mention of taking the momentary function out.....maybe I just can't divine these details, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Let's have some faith is the call I guess.....G is good, G is wise, in G we trust?

OF

Top Bottom