Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

DubCRider

oh goodness, HVD shorty is so cute, about to load up some 5 ohm's. Both springs and the old red 3.7s in the long tube work great. Super stealth factor:clap:
photohlq.jpg

btw, how should I pre-oxidize these 5 ohm cart's?

As OF said, just make sure they heat, not glow like the sun. Check for warmth on the bottom of the cart at 3.7v.

DubCRider,

JoeKickass

So, this is very odd.

My HVD came today. I watched the instructional video on delta9.
I assembled the HVD top+shorty tube+ original V2 bottom (without the spring)+one new blue battery

and...it simply doesn't fit. The tube needs like an extra 0.5 inches to screw in.

So was this ever resolved or is there a chance anyone/everyone could receive a faulty HVD upgrade?

Also, what's this like the third time the HVD is having spring/sizing issues?
:uhoh:

JoeKickass,

SD_haze

So was this ever resolved or is there a chance anyone/everyone could receive a faulty HVD upgrade?
Nah still no explanation. THC hasn't been online since wednesday so i'll make a ticket on delta9.

I can still do 3.7v unregulated with the long tube and the new HVD top so functionally its not affecting me right away.

SD_haze,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So I obviously was not paying attention, so now I have the HDV and mini tube, but still can't use it. I was holding out for the purple V2 to come out, so I could get that, but now it seems I won't be able to use the mini until I get the V2, so either I give up on the colors, and just go for the black, or wait however long it is ??? to get the purple V2... descisions... :hmm:

The HVD in mini mode is tiny!! smaller than a roll of dimes!. Can't wait to be able to try it out.
Hey Jam,
i did the same thing. i have an omi v2 so it's fine for me, but i bought one for a buddy and now i realize i can't use it w/ out the other bottom. I am wondering if maybe THC will be willing to sell or trade out some bottom caps. i hope so, 'cuz if not i'm out of pocket. the mini omi should really be a unit, imho.

Nah still no explanation. THC hasn't been online since wednesday so i'll make a ticket on delta9.
I can still do 3.7v unregulated with the long tube and the new HVD top so functionally its not affecting me right away.

that's a bummer, i had a little trouble, but got it on and both are running fully functional (i also got two of the hvd's so i'd have two unreg tops and the extra batts.)
EDiT - well, i spoke to soon, so i tried to put my silver HVD on my omi. it threaded a few threads, then stuck a little. i figured it was just new machining and that a little push would clear the thread. WRONG. no movement, then i tried unscrewing it and it's stuck. i grab a pair of pliers and a jar wrench and try to unscrew them. i ended up shredding the fuck out of my new chrome top, marking up my old v2 tube and now both are completely fucked and jammed together. am really upset and trying to calm down. walking away from the problem for now.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

i figured it was just new machining and that a little push would clear the thread. WRONG. no movement, then i tried unscrewing it and it's stuck. i grab a pair of pliers and a jar wrench and try to unscrew them.

Bummer. This is a known issue with some plated threads, I assume the threads aren't masked and are therefore also chrome plated like the rest? A bit of plating can come adrift and jam the works. Screw threads are actually a wedge, there's amazing power available to jam stuff up good and proper.

Let's hope this is an isolated case (and hopefully not plating failure at that) as the breakdown of the plating can happen later on in life without warning. As I recall the problem is often the plating under the chrome, Copper IIRC? For now, sounds like time for THC to get you some replacement parts?

Good luck with it.

OF

vishus650

yeah i was bit disappointed in the hvd also. i was looking to replace a v2 my girlfriend lost through usps, but now it looks like i cant do that. i was hoping to just run the small tube with the regulated top, and at the same time be able to use the long tube with the hvd top.

but in order to run the mini you need one small battery and the small end cap. and if you want to run 7.4 with long tube you need both small batteries.

and you cant use the original v2 battery with the small end cap because you need the small end cap for the the mini tube. big headache, but hopefully we can get a answer soon, and knowing the reputation of this wonderful company, we shall get a response within a matter of days.

is there a way we can purchase a small end cap? if there is no other options ill figure out a way to make a small end cap, but i would rather not.

VAPORIZER22

Hey Jam,
i did the same thing. i have an omi v2 so it's fine for me, but i bought one for a buddy and now i realize i can't use it w/ out the other bottom. I am wondering if maybe THC will be willing to sell or trade out some bottom caps. i hope so, 'cuz if not i'm out of pocket. the mini omi should really be a unit, imho.

that's a bummer, i had a little trouble, but got it on and both are running fully functional (i also got two of the hvd's so i'd have two unreg tops and the extra batts.)
EDiT - well, i spoke to soon, so i tried to put my silver HVD on my omi. it threaded a few threads, then stuck a little. i figured it was just new machining and that a little push would clear the thread. WRONG. no movement, then i tried unscrewing it and it's stuck. i grab a pair of pliers and a jar wrench and try to unscrew them. i ended up shredding the fuck out of my new chrome top, marking up my old v2 tube and now both are completely fucked and jammed together. am really upset and trying to calm down. walking away from the problem for now.

Totally bummed as well, I charged the batteries, went to screw on the HVD top to my V2 and it turned maybe once then gets stuck, I am glad now I did not try forcing it on, sucks about your top and V2 body Bob.

I tried my V2 top on the mini body and it screws on fine. This might be just a problem with the Chrome? I think a few others received the black ones and have not reported a problem yet. Oh well, I guess I will submit a ticket.

VAPORIZER22,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
thanks OF, and it's "good" to be back. my bad for losing it, but i can only stand getting kicked in the teeth so many times. sorry your running into the same probs vap22, and i'm right there w/ya vishnua. haven't heard from D9 in awhile either. asked me a question and disappeared? am gonna wait 'til monday to open a ticket as i have other vapes for now and don't want to type irritated to their C.S. missed ya guys. got banned, went to see Primus, see ya'll have kept busy.

EDiT - on the bright side i got my 18mm Y joint from PV today and i took a dual dab w/ two nails at the same time. am feeling much calmer. :mmmm:
gonna go enjoy that sun a little now.
:peace:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Sorry to hear about the chrome units threading issues, being only two color options, you'd think someone screwed one together before they left. On another note, what is the purpose of the 3 flash when you bump the unit on the bottom? I'm assuming some sort of protection mode

kushcabbage,

OF

Here's my understanding of what's going on. My HVD is not here yet, so I'm going on photos and what I understand of the process. In the end you can run either top (mechanically the same) but tubes batteries, and caps depend on situation:
  • Obviously, long tube and long cap works fine for 3.7 Volts (either top)
  • Long tube, 2 new batteries, short cap (also new) for 7.4 Volts (new top only)
  • Short tube, one new battery, long cap for mini 3.7 Volts (either top)
So, as it stands, you need a long cap every time you make a 3.7 Volts system, no matter what the tube length. Except you only have one. That means you have your choice, long or short, but only one system at a time. To get a second system up you need either another short battery (to complete the second system as 7.4 or 3.7 mini) or another long cap to make a second 3.7 Volter out of your long tube.

I get the idea of the shorter tube and all, buy for the life of me I can't see why it wasn't made half an inch or so shorter and able to use the short plug unless the idea is to lock out a cheap second system option like folks are trying for????

Anyway, that's my take. Best option today is to order a few more short batteries and run a mini at 3.7 and a long at 7.4 as this avoids any new parts needed from THC?

OF

OF,

OF

On another note, what is the purpose of the 3 flash when you bump the unit on the bottom? I'm assuming some sort of protection mode

No. The 3 flashes are the boot up sequence, you're banging the body down hard enough to compress the spring long enough and far enough for the battery to come loose before slamming back up. I'd stop hitting it that hard, it's not a hammer......that's the skinny one that gets hot on the top, looks like a nail?

OF

OF,

mrmojo62

No. The 3 flashes are the boot up sequence, you're banging the body down hard enough to compress the spring long enough and far enough for the battery to come loose before slamming back up. I'd stop hitting it that hard, it's not a hammer......that's the skinny one that gets hot on the top, looks like a nail?

OF
i have a cart that does this all the time and as far as i know it never gets hit on the bottom. any idea why?

mrmojo62,

SD_haze

Sorry to hear about the chrome units threading issues, being only two color options, you'd think someone screwed one together before they left. On another note, what is the purpose of the 3 flash when you bump the unit on the bottom? I'm assuming some sort of protection mode
Oh yeah just to add, I ordered chrome but I still got the black matte, so maybe thats why your guys' is threading a little and mine wont even thread a tiny bit.

SD_haze,

OF

i have a cart that does this all the time and as far as i know it never gets hit on the bottom. any idea why?

If it does 3 quick flashes when you press the button with the cart on but not off, the cart is shorted.

It's probably toast, did it ever work?

OF

OF,

mrmojo62

If it does 3 quick flashes when you press the button with the cart on but not off, the cart is shorted.

It's probably toast, did it ever work?

OF
thanks.

yes it did. it worked one night but not the next morning. i had a feeling it was a short but wanted confirmation. i think my time with my omicron may be drawing to a close.

my persei arrived in the mail this morning.

i am excited.

mrmojo62,

OF

thanks.

yes it did. it worked one night but not the next morning. i had a feeling it was a short but wanted confirmation. i think my time with my omicron may be drawing to a close.

my persei arrived in the mail this morning.

i am excited.

You're welcome. I recall looking at the assembly trying to figure out how it could fail to short, I couldn't see how it would once it was running right unless it got beat up or something. Anyway, time to drain the oil.....

Enjoy the Persei, I like mine but still use Omicron V1s as well....

OF

OF,
My Chrome Hvd Top is a lil tight on my Black V2 but it does fit, But i dont Want to Srip the threading, cause it is tight, R we supposed to return these or Whuts the Deal? :horse:

GREEDYWEEDY1,

mrmojo62

i'm kinda thinking about it this way: the persei are the big clippers and the omicron are the scissors in this hair cut. one is subtle one not so much.

mrmojo62,

OF

My Chrome Hvd Top is a lil tight on my Black V2 but it does fit, But i dont Want to Srip the threading, cause it is tight, R we supposed to return these or Whuts the Deal? :horse:

This issue is a few hours old.....on a Saturday.....with a big 'trade show' going on in Norcal....

I suggest giving THC a few days to look into it and get back? Meanwhile, it's fun guessing isn't it?

OF

OF,

vishus650

i would really love to enjoy both the long and short tubes at once but its impossible unless you either have a third short battery or an extra short end cap. by short end cap i mean the end cap that originally came with the v2.

but my complaint about buying an extra battery would be, while allowing me to utilize both long and short tubes at once, it would make my v2 into a 7.4v mini persei all the time. i don't think i would want to have it at 7.4v all the time, and if that was the case i would of just bought a persei instead of the HVD and gave my girlfriend my v2 to replace her lost v2.

vishus650,

DubCRider

G is on timeout from the forum. I'm sure all issues will be resolved faster with a phone call or submitted ticket.

Everything will be sorted out and you guys will be vaping oil at record pace in no time! Shit happens, luckily you all chose a company that will wipe and powder for you if needed!

DubCRider,
Reactions: vishus650

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

OF
This is an impact shutoff, not a short out for the HVD. it works the same as the hammer top

Here's my understanding of what's going on. My HVD is not here yet, so I'm going on photos and what I understand of the process. In the end you can run either top (mechanically the same) but tubes batteries, and caps depend on situation:
  • Obviously, long tube and long cap works fine for 3.7 Volts (either top)
  • Long tube, 2 new batteries, short cap (also new) for 7.4 Volts (new top only)
  • Short tube, one new battery, long cap for mini 3.7 Volts (either top)
Correction
  • Long tube, short cap from v2, etc.....
  • Long Tube, 2 new batts, LONG CAP w/SPRING (NEW) for 7.4v, new top only
  • Short Tube, 1 new batt, SHORT CAP (from V2) mini 3.7v, either top
Am gonna correct within this quote
So, as it stands, you need a SHORT cap every time you make a 3.7 Volts system, no matter what the tube length. Except you only have one. That means you have your choice, long or short, but only one system at a time. To get a second system up you need either another short battery (to complete the second system as 7.4 or 3.7 mini) or another long cap to make a second 3.7 Volter out of your long tube.

I get the idea of the shorter tube and all, buy for the life of me I can't see why it wasn't made half an inch or so shorter and able to use the short plug unless the idea is to lock out a cheap second system option like folks are trying for????

Anyway, that's my take. Best option today is to order a few more short batteries and run a mini at 3.7 and a long at 7.4 as this avoids any new parts needed from THC?

OF

OF

Correction
  • Long tube, short cap from v2, etc.....
  • Long Tube, 2 new batts, LONG CAP w/SPRING (NEW) for 7.4v, new top only
  • Short Tube, 1 new batt, SHORT CAP (from V2) mini 3.7v, either top

OK, so the new cap is longer, not shorter? Cool. Like I said, I've never actually seen one. That makes more sense now (it made no sense the short tube would be longer than needed). So the bottom line is still the same if you want a long and a short 3.7 Volt system you need another original cap (whatever size it is...). If you can live with 7.4 Volts all you need is another 14250 battery. Right?

OF

JoeKickass

OK, so the new cap is longer, not shorter? Cool. Like I said, I've never actually seen one. That makes more sense now (it made no sense the short tube would be longer than needed). So the bottom line is still the same if you want a long and a short 3.7 Volt system you need another original cap (whatever size it is...). If you can live with 7.4 Volts all you need is another 14250 battery. Right?

OF

Spot on as far as I understand it, still waiting on mine as well...

It's never good when usps say it was processed and departed yesterday but today they say that it was processed (again?) at the same location...

Top Bottom