Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THChemist

Got my HVD ship notification :)

Now i'm just wondering, after battling with clogs and and leaks, when are these new carts coming out?

THChemist,

tako0

Thanks for the detailed response, OF. I've got the 2.4 sitting right infront of a space heater which will hopefully do the trick. The wax I had put in was rather thick so I really hope this is the solution, I've held off medicating for the most part today as to get the most reliable feedback possible

tako0,

OF

Thanks for the detailed response, OF. I've got the 2.4 sitting right infront of a space heater which will hopefully do the trick. The wax I had put in was rather thick so I really hope this is the solution, I've held off medicating for the most part today as to get the most reliable feedback possible

You're welcome. Sounds like you're on the path, good luck.

OF

OF,

ilovedoobies!

This has gotta be my HVD bitch Ya

Your order #3079 has shipped and the tracking information is below. Thank you for your business!
Shipped on 6/13/2012 using USPS Priority:
Sincerely,
Shipping Center

No ramblage Indy, good stuff.
Just feel for you that you don't enjoy the smell or taste. I've thought the smell and taste were part of the great Cosmic Designer in the sky's plan to draw us toward it. To me one of vast benefits vaping has over smoking is the green taste continues past the first draw.
And, as Oliver Stone recently said on Gavin Newsom's show, "California Has The Best Weed In The World", so it's possible we are getting more flavorful varieties here(thank you O' Great Cosmic Designer in the sky.)

Thanks!

I came to vaping mostly due to coughing. When I first found 420 I hated the taste enough to 'water cure' all my bud. This helped a lot and cut the smell down dramatically but it had it's drawbacks too. I switched from water cured flowers to BHO about 3 years back as another method of curbing the taste and reducing the smell... Then as the coughing got to be too much I looked for a cough friendly method that was easier than cooking.. And thus came to vaping. :) So now I have a habit of automatically rolling my eyes when I hear or read people talking about the 'taste'. :D

I can't say for sure if it's the quality of the local stuff or not. I have never been to Cali as a smoker and only have smoked in 2 provinces up here in Kannuckistan. I have found though that here on Vancouver Island the stuff has been pretty impressive in terms of potency. Lots of friends take big hits on joints or bongs and smack their mouths like it's the best taste on planet earth. And it could be.. just not for me.

Thankfully it's effects more than compensate! :D

Cheers!

Indy.

Indicana_Jones,

DubCRider

Taste will forever be an issue, Everyone's pallet is different. Look at the group of people in this thread that think PureGold tastes bad! Try becoming a wax Sommelier, someone will say otherwise of your comments/suggestions. Use what works for you, simple as that! If it doesn't work, move on to a new one or stop using the device overall. I'm glad you have found your new home here!

Adobewan

A wax Sommelier? Is there such a job? Like a wine stewart? I might give up doodlin' pictures if there are any openings.
Regarding people who have mentioned they don't like the taste of Gold, I wonder if some of them haven't been stuck with some that was missing the limonine. I got some that was like motor oil, but sure enough it was in little gold ampules.
Love Gold, it's like Gran Marnier for your Omicron.

DubCRider

The job doesn't exist, yet. I may have to get some shirts made for the cup and see how many dabs I can sample!

DubCRider,
Reactions: Jay420

tako0

You're welcome. Sounds like you're on the path, good luck.

OF

After close to two hours in direct heat, I gave the 2.4 another shot...same results as before. Luckily the 1.5's came so i proceeded to load .5 co2 that melted easily and definitely ran to to the bottom. I'm getting much thicker vapor and decent effects, but not to the point of being sufficiently medicated. Between late pm and early am I ran thru .25 already, according to the scale, the effects being more reminiscent of vaped flower. I'm able to get massive hits that have made me cough pretty good, and lightheaded but the fact that my stomach still is in pain tells me its not enough. I guess I figured the concentrates to give a comparable effect to other ingestion methods? .25g of this oil usually lasts close to a day for me with nail/skillet. I've only been using mmj for 3 years, I don't think my tolerance is an outlier compared to other patients but IDK what about the learning curve I haven't grasped yet.

tako0,

OF

I'm getting much thicker vapor and decent effects, but not to the point of being sufficiently medicated. Between late pm and early am I ran thru .25 already, according to the scale, the effects being more reminiscent of vaped flower. I'm able to get massive hits that have made me cough pretty good, and lightheaded but the fact that my stomach still is in pain tells me its not enough. I guess I figured the concentrates to give a comparable effect to other ingestion methods? .25g of this oil usually lasts close to a day for me with nail/skillet. I've only been using mmj for 3 years, I don't think my tolerance is an outlier compared to other patients but IDK what about the learning curve I haven't grasped yet.

I was afraid we'd get to this (since I thought the Omicron was basically on track), you're saying that you put about 8 dabs in and you'd have done better with them? Should be a push to leaning to the Omicron end efficiency wise. All the THC you bought was vaporized in both cases.....

You're out of my league, my guess is something like a DART will eventually come up short. We do know that the 8 prototype will take half a gram of oil easily, but if the production ones do and when they will be available I've no idea.

Hopefully some of the more serious users will have some insight to offer?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420
Between late pm and early am I ran thru .25 already, according to the scale, the effects being more reminiscent of vaped flower. I'm able to get massive hits that have made me cough pretty good, and lightheaded but the fact that my stomach still is in pain tells me its not enough. I guess I figured the concentrates to give a comparable effect to other ingestion methods? .25g of this oil usually lasts close to a day for me with nail/skillet. I've only been using mmj for 3 years, I don't think my tolerance is an outlier compared to other patients but IDK what about the learning curve I haven't grasped yet.

Wow.. I don't know about others, but I've been daily using for years and with recreation and my attempts to simulate brain damage via thc my consumption, when combusting, was only .1 to .15 grams of BHO daily. My consumption rate has not decreased, but my usage rate has gone up enough to make a day much more interesting!

I wish I had advice to offer tako, since I love mine.. I'm just out of your class with my personal needs. I suspect if we were to sit side by side and match hit for hit by the time you hit .25 grams I'd be laying on the floor drooling on your shoes while you shake your head with disgust! :D

It has been my impression that vaping was a cleaner, easier and ultimately more efficient means of getting the thc into your bloodstream. However faster was not an impression I was given (or have found). I think maybe with the concentrations you require in the time you require this may not be the tool. MY only other suggestion would be the bigger brother, Persei, but bigger clouds just usually means more coughing and you're back to where you started.

When you said "the effects being more reminiscent of vaped flower..." isn't that what was expected? I never vaped flowers, just smoked so I admit I'm ignorant.

I've only been using mmj for 3 years, I don't think my tolerance is an outlier compared to other patients but IDK what about the learning curve I haven't grasped yet.

If you're using .25 grams a day for 3 years.. you have high tolerance! :D

Cheers!

Indy.

Indicana_Jones,
Reactions: OF

tako0

If you're using .25 grams a day for 3 years.. you have high tolerance! :D

Cheers!

Indy.

Thats only my consumption daily for the past 4 months, prior to that I was almost strictly flower as it was the only option (hello california!). Usually 10-14 grams a week. I'd heard of folks going thru upwards of 3 grams a day on the regularz which made me think mine wasn't so bad but maybe not? But just now for instance, took two hits of dank blackberry buds from the bubbler and its got me h-i-g-h...so I dont get it

edit: and honestly I dont smoke from the nail every day, somedays its just bud

tako0,

mrmojo62

Thats only my consumption daily for the past 4 months, prior to that I was almost strictly flower as it was the only option (hello california!). Usually 10-14 grams a week. I'd heard of folks going thru upwards of 3 grams a day on the regularz which made me think mine wasn't so bad but maybe not? But just now for instance, took two hits of dank blackberry buds from the bubbler and its got me h-i-g-h...so I dont get it

edit: and honestly I dont smoke from the nail every day, somedays its just bud
i have similar issues. i can hit my omicron all night and not get as happy as i do with an oil rig or even a bowl with greens and oil. if OF is correct and the output of the omicron is about 2 mg per hit, it seems safe to say that there are those that are going to be overwhelmed by the vapor and those that are underwhelmed, with the majority in the middle getting it juuuuuuuuust right. like most drugs there is a dosage curve and i get the sense that you and i fall onto the other side of the curve. i was going to get the hvd but decided to just give up the ghost and order the persei, which knock on wood, will put me in cloud cookooland in no time flat. i'll keep you updated with my ongoing research, but i think you may need to may need to move up to the big guns.

mrmojo62,
Reactions: OF

OF

if OF is correct and the output of the omicron is about 2 mg per hit, it seems safe to say that there are those that are going to be overwhelmed by the vapor and those that are underwhelmed, with the majority in the middle getting it juuuuuuuuust right. like most drugs there is a dosage curve and i get the sense that you and i fall onto the other side of the curve.

I think 2 mg is on the low end, that's 500 hits to the gram, pretty thin. OTOH, twice that, 4 mg is 250 which is I think a pretty typical number for solid hits? This stuff like PG might be twice that? For fun I logged my usage six months or so back, I was running about 50 mg of nice SD was a day on average, small pickings on this scale. I'm no doubt using more what with all this testing of prototypes I've been so called on to perform for the better good of the community. I'm not complaining, I'll do my part, but it has put a dent in my stash and tolerance no doubt.

That said, I just can't get my arms around the 'few grams a day' oil guys, or the fellow with his seven gram blunts the other day. It's a big world.

But yes, I agree, stock Omicrons suit a lot of users. With high power carts and Persei, that can be expanded to include more folks. But it seems there's a limit to even that tent?

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor
It is interesting, we have the new cartridges trying to figure out how to test em.

since these are supposed to be leak proof. I think we should do the first test of how good it can retain water?

Testing now while filming.

I suspect the radio silence is due to being so busy testing the new carts, but I am jonesing for one of the aforementioned videos!

mrmojo62

I think 2 mg is on the low end, that's 500 hits to the gram, pretty thin. OTOH, twice that, 4 mg is 250 which is I think a pretty typical number for solid hits? This stuff like PG might be twice that? For fun I logged my usage six months or so back, I was running about 50 mg of nice SD was a day on average, small pickings on this scale. I'm no doubt using more what with all this testing of prototypes I've been so called on to perform for the better good of the community. I'm not complaining, I'll do my part, but it has put a dent in my stash and tolerance no doubt.

That said, I just can't get my arms around the 'few grams a day' oil guys, or the fellow with his seven gram blunts the other day. It's a big world.

But yes, I agree, stock Omicrons suit a lot of users. With high power carts and Persei, that can be expanded to include more folks. But it seems there's a limit to even that tent?

OF
sorry i could have sworn that i saw the 2 mg figure in the archives, and since i stopped at about the half way point i haven't been back and prolly won't be. lol.

i think the thing that did in my tolerance and very quickly too is edibles. before my buddy got a job as a baker in a dispensary, he was making his own lemon muffins which had a very nice kick to them. i quickly went from eating one to achieve bliss to three or four AND some green. and after that, my tolerance has been screwy. basically overnight, it took a LOT more to get the same effect and it wouldn't last as long. then we got into oil and well here we are.

i'm hoping the tent with the persei is big enough to be basically unlimited, which would be awesome, but i am realistic enough to realize that it may not as well, so i think its our job to keep G with his nose to the grindstone, so that the tech is ahead of our lungs. lol

mrmojo62,

JoeKickass

Are the newest carts the ones with the "caution hot" printed in red?

If so, I approve... I picked up a pair of 1.5 ohms in preparation for HVD goodness and the one cart I loaded has made it's way through the better part of a gram of pure extracts (a potent, edible syringe oil; a JKA-approved alternative to canna-nectar) and by now an old cart would be leaking and bubbling and popping and just generally being unpleasant.

But no! Everything's wonderful :luv:

I believe the biggest factor besides the advances in cart technology is my shortened cycle times. Where I used to hold the button for more than 5 seconds I now cycle two seconds on and two seconds off at first then three seconds when the vapor gets thicker. Don't cheat or get impatient and hold the button down, the wait time in between is just as important on the higher power carts.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
for HVD goodness 1.5 would burn out on 7.4 right? unless you mean HVD as in 1.5's on the mini, that will be fun. Your right about short cycles, no more than 4 seconds cycles on/off/on with the 1.5s if they are primed, no need to be greedy. Certainly no need to chain hit like the 2.4's are so good at doing to make great thick vapor. I bought some 5 ohms for the upgrade, I don't have the persei so I don't know what to expect. My oils are pretty hard so we shall see how flavorful and strong the hits are.

Dgtheonlyg

for HVD goodness 1.5 would burn out on 7.4 right? unless you mean HVD as in 1.5's on the mini, that will be fun. I bought some 5 ohms for the upgrade i don't have the persei so I don't know what to expect, my oils are pretty hard so we shall see
i bought some 5 ohms to, the setup is the equvialent to 3.7 @ 2.4

Top Bottom