Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i'd like to chime in here once again and recommend everyone use a heatgun w/ reflector for heat-shrinking tubing instead of lighter. i use one that gets to 350 deg f top temp and it works plenty well, even on the lower setting. they are around $20 and a safe and effective way to fill your carts, my two cents. i hear some people are even using hair dryers?

i'd live to chime in here once again and recommend everyone use a heatgun w/ reflector for heat-shrinking tubing instead of lighter. i use one that gets to 350 deg f top temp and it works plenty well, even on the lower setting. they are around $20 and a safe and effective way to fill your carts, my two cents. i hear some people are even using hair dryers?
Sounds good man, I may have to try that. The last couple months I've been using a block of wood and the oven @170deg F, for 20 min+/-. A fill that takes less than a minute is definitely more prone to problems. Took me some time to learn that one.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

GR

Speaking of overheating oil and bad tastes some of the best tastes I am getting from my BHO is mixing it with already vaped flower in my Buddah. The flower soaks up the oil like a champ then act like a wick while vaping, the flavor I get is great and differs greatly from strain to strain. I am not saying I get bad flavor from the Omni but I have not experienced this clarity of flavor from the Omni. I even get great flavor from reclaimed Omni carts that I know I over heated to get out.

Temp control with the 1.5s are something that I have found to be very useful. Each strain I have needs a slightly different on/off on the button to bring the most flavor from the hit, not something I can do 100% of the time but when I am in zen mode it is very easy and tasty.

I do have a strain of BHO (train wreck ) that likes to clog 1.5 carts very easily, not exactly sure why yet but the clogs get so annoying before a second fill of .5g that I usually just fill a new one with that strain and do a reclaim to add to my mutant oil.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
it can be overheating as this causes some issues, specially if the oil is not so clean, this could mean that some dirty stuff in their is burning off.

Man i have no clue anymore. To many oils, to many different variables. all i can do is make sure that our process is clean.

Back to testing more carts.

Remember OF we introduced the pre ox process into our production and the current 1.5's have it already because all are fresh and brand new.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dgtheonlyg

ok i just checke 20 cartridges have not seen any bad taste like the ones stated above. I just dont see it anymore.

Could it be phantom taste? because of the early complaints?

it was only 2 carts i had, and i actually got some more 1.5's cause this collective was out of 2.4 and there going good, i think it all comes to to what you put in.

Dgtheonlyg,
Reactions: Jay420

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
it was only 2 carts i had, and i actually got some more 1.5's cause this collective was out of 2.4 and there going good, i think it all comes to to what you put in.

I think so too, but still as a company we have to take all feed back into consideration.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Once again, Bob, I'm with ya there. Cooking the stuff doesn't seem to do it any good taste wise. That should have no effect on this 'pre oxidizing' stuff, but we're dealing with taste here. Folks can vary a huge amount here, I'm sure you know a few folks that have no taste at all even???

I suspect the oil masks any residual taste for lots of us?

Too bad we don't have some 'standards' or even just knowns to fall back on. Look at the spread of experiences in the great cart test off? I think most agree it's better, but what exactly that means I'm not sure.

Let's hope this gets sorted out, most if not all the other taste issues were finally identified and dealt with. For now, I with you thinking the smart money should be on 'overcooked'....

OF

This cart revolutionized the industry, but was not perfect, the learning curve is steep. Just like the first automobile.

The v2 should resolve most of the issues with leaks, and clogs.

V3 still being tested should resolve all issues.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Remember OF we introduced the pre ox process into our production and the current 1.5's have it already because all are fresh and brand new.

I don't worry about your processes, pre ox included. Your the pros. I'm a little worried about over zealous dry burns by us amateurs. Get a little heavy handed and you can add to your troubles seems to me?

I 'hear' something like "currently im pre-oxidizing the shit outta a fresh 1.5" and the little voices start in on me again......

OF

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
So I roll up to a local dispensary to pick up some single empty carts this morning and the Feds are raiding the place.
El Camino Wellness in Sacramento is no more. The fed's truck with all their medicine just pulled out of the parking lot.

294897_10151034048524744_2020569618_n.jpg

FUCK THE FEDS !!!!!

Jay420

So I roll up to a local dispensary to pick up some single empty carts this morning and the Feds are raiding the place.
El Camino Wellness in Sacramento is no more. The fed's truck with all their medicine just pulled out of the parking lot.

FUCK THE FEDS !!!!!
:cuss: They cant leave anyone alone can they? Hey look there goes a million+ in tax dollars wasted confiscating a harmless substance; gee thanks nObama.

Jay420,

OF

FUCK THE FEDS !!!!!

This is not good. Why this particular one? This is past the write a few nasty letters to landlords ploy they've been using. This one costs serious money to pull off then deal with afterward, as has been said it's surprising and somewhat comforting to discover there's money to waste this way.....er, make that 'invest' this way?

Anyway, I don't know they, why are they picked out? Oaksterdam I understand.... Maybe.

Oh, BTW, this is Fuck Combustion.....Fuck the Feds is a different forum I think? They're further down the (alphabetical) list?

OF

JoeKickass

gee thanks nObama.
You know what's funny...

I, like I'm sure countless others, wrote an email to him regarding his continuation of the failed Drug War and why they continue to group cannabis in with harder drugs.

Well he, or someone on his behalf at least, actually responded:
Obama said:
Dear *Citizen*:

Thank you for writing. I have heard from many Americans about the threat drugs pose to our communities, and I appreciate your perspective.

Substance abuse affects individuals from all backgrounds, and its debilitating effects often go unaddressed. Too many families are affected by substance use disorders, and the costs to our economy due to drug-related consequences are too high. We have a responsibility to prevent substance abuse, help Americans with substance use disorders obtain treatment, and promote recovery, all while stemming the flow of illicit drugs around the world.

My Administration’s National Drug Control Strategy establishes 5-year goals for reducing drug abuse and its consequences through a comprehensive approach including prevention, treatment, enforcement, and international cooperation. The Strategy is grounded in what science, research, and evidence show are the most effective ways to treat our Nation’s drug problem. As a result, it is guided by three facts: addiction is a disease that can be prevented and treated; people with substance use disorders can recover; and innovative criminal justice reforms can stop the revolving door of drug use, crime, incarceration, and re-arrest.

The most cost-effective way to address the drug challenge is to prevent drug use before it begins. There is overwhelming evidence that drug prevention programs achieve meaningful results with significant long-term cost savings. That is why this Administration’s programs emphasize prevention, especially when it comes to young people. For those Americans already suffering from a substance use disorder, we are working to find ways to intervene early through the public health system and are supporting programs that can divert those who need help to the appropriate type of treatment.

We must also directly combat drug-related crime and trafficking. As part of this effort, my Administration has deployed more personnel, infrastructure, and technology along the Southwest border than ever before to disrupt the illicit trade in drugs, guns, and cash. We have expanded international cooperation with the government of Mexico, which is addressing the threats posed to both of our nations by transnational criminal organizations. To strengthen our efforts to tackle drug crime worldwide, we will continue working with other nations considered major drug transit or illicit drug-producing countries. These measures, as well as innovative criminal justice programs like drug courts here in the United States, will save lives and help protect our communities from the great damage caused by drugs.

Together, we can reduce our country’s demand for illegal drugs. Our communities require solutions that fit their needs, and our parents need accurate information to prepare their children to reject illegal drug use. To learn more about our Nation’s drug control efforts, please visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/ONDCP.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

No mention of the fact that most of the drugs coming from Mexico are harmless cannabis... and that if cannabis was legalized smugglers would have nothing to smuggle but immigrants...

He even acknowledges treatment for harder drug addiction is the most cost-effective way to help people. But then why do we still waste money incarcerating people who aren't being violent?

VAPORIZER22

FUCK THE FEDS !!!!!

Wow, I was just there Saturday.

VAPORIZER22,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
You know what's funny...

I, like I'm sure countless others, wrote an email to him regarding his continuation of the failed Drug War and why they continue to group cannabis in with harder drugs.

Well he, or someone on his behalf at least, actually responded:

No mention of the fact that most of the drugs coming from Mexico are harmless cannabis... and that if cannabis was legalized smugglers would have nothing to smuggle but immigrants...

He even acknowledges treatment for harder drug addiction is the most cost-effective way to help people. But then why do we still waste money incarcerating people who aren't being violent?
i really want to stop this from devolving into a political discussion, but i can simplify this real quick. there is no way the first black man as president is gonna legalize weed. seriously tho, not the place for this. i have tolerated the skirting of these issues without saying anything, but that's not what this thread is for. i'm glad bodhi let us all know, but let's stick to omi stuff here, my two cents. thanks
bob

Jay420

This is not good. Why this particular one? This is past the write a few nasty letters to landlords ploy they've been using. This one costs serious money to pull off then deal with afterward, as has been said it's surprising and somewhat comforting to discover there's money to waste this way.....er, make that 'invest' this way?

Anyway, I don't know they, why are they picked out? Oaksterdam I understand.... Maybe.

Oh, BTW, this is Fuck Combustion.....Fuck the Feds is a different forum I think? They're further down the (alphabetical) list?

OF
Well OF Oakster Dam was raided due to medical marijuana politics. The owner of Oakster dam reportedly donated over 1.8+ million dollars to fund prop 19( 95% of all the funds pretty much). So now that they raided Oakster Dam, there is not near enough money to push the prop anymore. So their trying to push full legalization in California instead. On top of that I recently read a article about how much they were paying in taxes , lets just say it was in the millions, but now they are unable to make their 30k a month rent and might have to shut down.

On a side note this Master Kusho bho for 14 bucks for a half gram is kicking my ass :spliff:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I'm sorry if my pic started an off-topic drift. Fact is, El Camino Wellness was the only dispensary in Sacramento that sold Omicrons, Persei and single empty carts.

It is a loss for our community here in FC as well.
no sweat B.D. Seriously glad you let us all know here. it's a loss and we all should be informed. every time this happens it damages the whole community. Especially since they were a supporter and supplier of D9.

Jared Leibowitz

ok so with the second cart that i 'pre oxidized the shit out of' actually helped a lot. i did it nearly 15 times before loading any wax. i still smelt the smell but not as strong as the first cart i used. i loaded it with earwax that is more gooey than hard. the first cart was loaded w/ hard and gooey wax mixed together. maybe that could have been the reason for the taste...? but with this new cart, pre oxidizing 15 times helped so much! the hits are incredible too. so who knows it coulda been the hard wax vs gooey wax. so many different variables. bottom line it works, but there will be fails.

and honestly, that little white cap it comes with to put in your cart to prevent leaks in the car or hot areas isn't that good. mine got stuck and i had to spend a few minutes prying it out. i mean its no biggie to me, i'll just not push it in. but you know you will hear about it a lot in the future so i'm just trying to save you a headache and just have a warning to not push it down because it may get stuck

Jared Leibowitz,

Jay420

i think most people just toss those caps
Yeah, that stupid white cap threw me off when i first try to put my omicron together. I was trying to figure out where the white cap was and why my mouth piece looked nothing like the picture.

Does anyone here even use those black mouthpieces? I just get one to many clogs with them , so I reverted back to the clearish ones.

Jay420,
Yeah, that stupid white cap threw me off when i first try to put my omicron together. I was trying to figure out where the white cap was and why my mouth piece looked nothing like the picture.

Does anyone here even use those black mouthpieces? I just get one to many clogs with them , so I reverted back to the clearish ones.

I will use my black ones when out but use the soft white ones most of the time. It's for comfort reasons mostly, I find the black ones get a little warm with use but look better when one is using ones Omi out in public.

I've never had a mouth piece clog though..

Cheers!

Indy.

Indicana_Jones,

Jay420

I will use my black ones when out but use the soft white ones most of the time. It's for comfort reasons mostly, I find the black ones get a little warm with use but look better when one is using ones Omi out in public.

I've never had a mouth piece clog though..

Cheers!

Indy.
What I meant by clog is, that when using the black ones I tend to get more clogs in my carts.

Jay420,
Top Bottom