Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Prototypes at the end of the month, but what is the testing/production timeline look like? Could still be a couple months to get to market. And that assumes no snafus, and none of us need be told what you get when you assume.

That's what I'm curious about as well.

kindbeats,

Jared Leibowitz

i've loaded almost 2.5 grams in total in the cartridge my omicron v2 came with. i still get nice hits, but the taste is...eh. how am i supposed to know when to trash the cartridge?

Jared Leibowitz,
my friends and i are fairly hard hitters so i've been debating between the hvd upgrade for the v2 or the persei. it looks like the decision was made for me (too many bills) so i figured the hvd should hold me until i can spring for the persei, but when i went to the delta9 site it seems that the hvd is not able to be pre-ordered.

I found the same thing. I started with a regular V2 which worked but due to the voltage reduction on the 2.4 ohm carts it wasn't a cloud producer. When I got my Persei I also got some 1.5 ohm carts, on the regular V2 the 1.5's do well enough for portable vaping that I've decided to not get the HVD upgrade. The Persei at 3.7 drives the remaining 2.4's well enough, the 5 at 7.4 is a monster and since then 85% of my use has been the Persei and the 5 ohm cart which is now had 3 fills for about 1.5 grams total and still rocking out the clouds.

It's easy to teach people on the Persei too since it'll produce happily with an aggressive draw. Then once they're used to pen style vapes you can start with the Omicron (a clear tube is also a great learning tool). I could almost retire my Omicron but then I'd have to pester a buddy into machining me a couple Delrin tubes to fatten up my Omi's 3.7 batteries enough to fit into the Persei. :)

Cheers!

Indy.

Indicana_Jones,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I found the same thing. I started with a regular V2 which worked but due to the voltage reduction on the 2.4 ohm carts it wasn't a cloud producer. When I got my Persei I also got some 1.5 ohm carts, on the regular V2 the 1.5's do well enough for portable vaping that I've decided to not get the HVD upgrade. The Persei at 3.7 drives the remaining 2.4's well enough, the 5 at 7.4 is a monster and since then 85% of my use has been the Persei and the 5 ohm cart which is now had 3 fills for about 1.5 grams total and still rocking out the clouds.

It's easy to teach people on the Persei too since it'll produce happily with an aggressive draw. Then once they're used to pen style vapes you can start with the Omicron (a clear tube is also a great learning tool). I could almost retire my Omicron but then I'd have to pester a buddy into machining me a couple Delrin tubes to fatten up my Omi's 3.7 batteries enough to fit into the Persei. :)

Cheers!

Indy.

Hey Indy,

Would you recommend using the 5ohm carts with the HVD upgrade for maximum cloudage? Also, how do 5ohm carts fair when it comes to taste? Thanks for any info you can give me!

kindbeats,

OF

i've loaded almost 2.5 grams in total in the cartridge my omicron v2 came with. i still get nice hits, but the taste is...eh. how am i supposed to know when to trash the cartridge?

Hard to tell from here, of course, but I'd say it's at least very likely you've got your ten bucks from it, time to retire it? It's an expendable you know. If you question it, I sure wouldn't advise putting another $40 or so oil in it.

I don't want to enter into another taste discussion, but I'm not sure I understand how the taste changes? All I've ever found was slowly reduced production from deposits building up on the element:

As I said, at this point it still tasted like Sour Diesel to me, but production was less than half of the original (probably closer to a quarter thinking back). I now retire them when they start to hit slowly for this reason, I like this SD wax and have several grams still, I'm on my third cart and will probably burn up a few more. Since I got carts for $7 from Harborside a while back, I look at it as adding two bucks or so to the cost of a gram. No big deal.

I also dump carts when they leak too much to suit me. Often this is OK with low fills (a few tenths to maybe a half a gram), sometimes otherwise tasty oil is just too thin (so it goes into some other vape....). Sometimes we're talking PG and I live with it for the benefits.....

II could almost retire my Omicron but then I'd have to pester a buddy into machining me a couple Delrin tubes to fatten up my Omi's 3.7 batteries enough to fit into the Persei. :)

What's the matter? Don't they have masking tape where you are?

Or maybe you work for the Government.....no, I used to work for them and we used tape of all sorts for stuff like this..... It only works for putting smaller batteries in bigger tubes, BTW.

OF

OF,

GR

It's those last 3 words that keep me awake at night. :zzz: Truth is I sleep like a baby thanks to my Omi.

Well the Omni delivers the goods but truth be told thanks go to the hard work and love the growers do, with out them there is no point for the Omni. Still I find much truth in what you say, the Omni let's me get up from a restless night, lean over and pull a few hits and fall asleep a few moments later. In the old days I would have to light a joint, which always woke the wife, get told to leave the room, and just be stoned and awake watching the idiot box.

mrmojo62

Indy.

thanks for the info

we've been working with the tube which has made a big difference in the cartridge not leaking but it hasn't increased the size of the hits. i thought about the 1.5 cart for the omi but i've read that its a battery killer which is why i'm looking at the hvd. its bigger power source should be able to push the cart harder but not die so quickly: if i remember correctly, the 3.7v battery is good for about 5 minutes with a 1.5 cart which would spoil the fun, quickly. the 7.4 on the hvd should have enough juice to keep going for a looong time with an appropriate cart which (if it works right) shouldn't need much use to achieve the desired level of medication. love the irony

mrmojo62,

MaxVapor

The Professor
Well the Omni delivers the goods but truth be told thanks go to the hard work and love the growers do, with out them there is no point for the Omni. Still I find much truth in what you say, the Omni let's me get up from a restless night, lean over and pull a few hits and fall asleep a few moments later. In the old days I would have to light a joint, which always woke the wife, get told to leave the room, and just be stoned and awake watching the idiot box.

It is very true that without growers there would be no need for an Omi. But gladly that is not the world we live in. I have also found that the WAF of the Omi is way higher than the pipe or bat hitter I used to use.

MaxVapor,
thanks for the info

we've been working with the tube which has made a big difference in the cartridge not leaking but it hasn't increased the size of the hits. i thought about the 1.5 cart for the omi but i've read that its a battery killer which is why i'm looking at the hvd. its bigger power source should be able to push the cart harder but not die so quickly: if i remember correctly, the 3.7v battery is good for about 5 minutes with a 1.5 cart which would spoil the fun, quickly. the 7.4 on the hvd should have enough juice to keep going for a looong time with an appropriate cart which (if it works right) shouldn't need much use to achieve the desired level of medication. love the irony

Really? I haven't killed a battery hitting my 1.5 on my V2 all day long.. Maybe it's not 5 mins total, but on the V2 with a 1.5 my average hit is 10-12 seconds.. I guess it could add up to less than 5 mins total.. I've never tried to 'kill' the battery and I have the 2nd charged.. I don't think I've changed the Omi's battery in a couple days now that I think about it cuz I haven't charged a Omi battery at all, just the Persei's. :) I'm not on the Omi a lot with the Persei at hand so it's still easily possible I have less than 5 mins total time on the button.

Hey Indy,
Would you recommend using the 5ohm carts with the HVD upgrade for maximum cloudage? Also, how do 5ohm carts fair when it comes to taste? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Does the upgrade make the V2 7.4V? If so the 5 is what you want otherwise stick to the 2.4 or 1.5 on the V2. Someone here or on the wiki has a informative chart showing the voltages, ohms and the wattage thus delivered to the heater (which is the bottom line in how much oomph you're gonna get) if you can find it or someone link to it most of what you want to know is there. I can't do that for you now.. I hooked my Persei to my little bubbler and have been churning out clouds.. It's for science.. I'm tryin to simulate brain damage.. and I've come pretty close! :D

Mine still tastes the same but I've been running the same batch of oil through it, it's blueberry and the buds smelled nice enough to just pour cream over and eat but the oil didn't smell nearly as sweet and the taste is.. well honestly I never enjoyed the taste of any bud. This batch is a heavy indica though cause wow.. I'm plowed..

Indy.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i would say that the v2 now lasts for much longer than 5 min. total.
that seems ridiculously tiny. i'd say closer to 30 min. just my 2 cents

Bob Loblaw,

Jay420

Winner! PM me your name and find me at the cup.

Those numbers are pretty wild, right? The two close ones make sense but 32% is worse than bubble.
Really steep hill is at the bottom? I thought they were supposed to be the people setting the example lol.

OF

Really steep hill is at the bottom? I thought they were supposed to be the people setting the example lol.

Hey, maybe they are? How do we really know for sure unless we run the test. Maybe it's the other two guys with optimistic gear, not SH needing to clean theirs?

We test gasoline for 'octane rating' (actually two tests averaged BTW) to sub percent precision routinely....we can accurately test a little weed if we really want to. Or they can, if we demand it loudly enough. But right now saying 'this wine has more alcohol than beer but less than whiskey' isn't all that comforting. Two to one is a mighty big window.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420

Jay420

Hey, maybe they are? How do we really know for sure unless we run the test. Maybe it's the other two guys with optimistic gear, not SH needing to clean theirs?

We test gasoline for 'octane rating' (actually two tests averaged BTW) to sub percent precision routinely....we can accurately test a little weed if we really want to. Or they can, if we demand it loudly enough. But right now saying 'this wine has more alcohol than beer but less than whiskey' isn't all that comforting. Two to one is a mighty big window.

OF
Which leads me to believe something is wrong or someones trying to make some money :shrug:.

Jay420,

OF

Which leads me to believe something is wrong or someones trying to make some money :shrug:.

You know, a LOT of years ago when I was first introduced to the evil weed a sage and wise guy answered my newbie questions about why 'ounces' weren't always the same size and weight with, "first off, they're lids, not ounces. Weed (in those days lots of seeds and stems with it) in a plastic sack. How big? Whatever two guys say a lid is at that point in time. And it's worth exactly what they agree it is, not what you or I think sometime later"

BTW, lids were usually ten bucks and were a handfull (literally) in a sack. Very few folks had scales of any sort, most of them were the $3 postal scale the PO sold at the time.....ironic as that is.

Then, as now, you decided if what was offered looked worth the money to you, only now we have much better strains, better selections and improving testing to help. Prices have gone up some as well.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420

Jay420

I feel ya, I might not be as verbose as yall ( OF ) ,but I get the gist. On a side note, it's reassuring that the stoners of old (Post Wiz Kahlifa :lol: ) are mostly intelligent, I find most of my stoner buddies lacking in intellectual brain power so I come here to get my fill.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I feel ya, I might not be as verbose as yall ( OF ) ,but I get the gist. On a side note, it's reassuring that the stoners of old (Post Wiz Kahlifa :lol: ) are mostly intelligent, I find most of my stoner buddies lacking in intellectual brain power so I come here to get my fill.
do you mean pre- Wiz?

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom