Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well long sorry short on why one and only on person got it.

He was invited to our shop to pick up his unit before we even noticed the issue, we had 5 bottom caps with the correct spring. Since he drove a few to get reach us we decided to give him one of our 5 bottom caps.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Side effect of the Persei...pfff! For a guy I'm France I'm pretty good IMO haaaaa!
BTW you ain't much on skype these dayz?

FLskwat,

OF

He was invited to our shop to pick up his unit before we even noticed the issue, we had 5 bottom caps with the correct spring. Since he drove a few to get reach us we decided to give him one of our 5 bottom caps.

Thanks for the background, G. However, I don't see how that might change anything I said above?

As I see it, we've paid for the upgrade already, it's should not have been necessary in the first place to get the unit to meet specifications, it's already late in delivery and now made later by a fundamental design screw up that should have been caught and corrected long before release? None of that is confidence building, really, lucky THC has some 'money in the bank' in that area. I'm sure I speak for most everyone when I say we're confident it's going to eventually be done right but it is disappointing to know it could be doing better right about now. Waiting is never easy, but when a guy's expectations are raised........

OF

Makavapei

Great, and that one person had to post it to our chagrin.:argh:

Makavapei,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the background, G. However, I don't see how that might change anything I said above?

As I see it, we've paid for the upgrade already, it's should not have been necessary in the first place to get the unit to meet specifications, it's already late in delivery and now made later by a fundamental design screw up that should have been caught and corrected long before release? None of that is confidence building, really, lucky THC has some 'money in the bank' in that area. I'm sure I speak for most everyone when I say we're confident it's going to eventually be done right but it is disappointing to know it could be doing better right about now. Waiting is never easy, but when a guy's expectations are raised........

OF

I am sorry that i have to make people wait for their HVD kits, but stuff goes wrong on production and final quality check is needed. Everyone goes through it. With a complicated system of making everything work together and to make it modular its just a little difficult. We all live and learn. Springs are being shipped out today to our warehouse where we will be changing the springs out and shipping them asap. We will ship out the earliest orders first.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Jay420

THChemist

Hey G,

I got the call regarding the HVD order, i had basically no reception though, confirmed I wanted black, she got that and told me 20th but then got cut off.

The way she asked it sounded like she was refering to one HVD. I ordered more than one, should I be concerned? You guys took the right amount of money so I'm assuming all is good :)

When are these new cartridges coming out??

THChemist,

OF

I am sorry that i have to make people wait for their HVD kits, but stuff goes wrong on production and final quality check is needed. Everyone goes through it. With a complicated system of making everything work together and to make it modular its just a little difficult. We all live and learn. Springs are being shipped out today to our warehouse where we will be changing the springs out and shipping them asap. We will ship out the earliest orders first.

Not to worry, G, you've still got a white hat. I think most folks understand these things, I know I do (then again I lived with them for a lot of years.....). Doesn't change everything, of course. In this case the additional delay isn't the normal result of 'stuff going wrong on production', it's a clear design screw up followed by a review process that didn't catch it before a full run was scheduled, produced and promised to end users. It's still a disappointment (which means you don't get what you expect, no matter how realistic that is). But it is, in the end, just another delay in life.......or so we hope?

"You'll love it when it's in and working".

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Not to worry, G, you've still got a white hat. I think most folks understand these things, I know I do (then again I lived with them for a lot of years.....). Doesn't change everything, of course. In this case the additional delay isn't the normal result of 'stuff going wrong on production', it's a clear design screw up followed by a review process that didn't catch it before a full run was scheduled, produced and promised to end users. It's still a disappointment (which means you don't get what you expect, no matter how realistic that is). But it is, in the end, just another delay in life.......or so we hope?

"You'll love it when it's in and working".

OF

I do understand and that is why i am mad last two days is not going good for engineers right now. I dont like to screw up since i am a perfectionist, but i do understand you.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I do understand and that is why i am mad last two days is not going good for engineers right now. I dont like to screw up since i am a perfectionist, but i do understand you.

I know, Brother G, I know. We had this very conversation if you recall? Managing Engineers is like herding cats.....in the dark, from the next room.

And you, you lucky devil, get to take the heat for it........

"All things considered, I would rather be me than you." Sgt. Schultz....words to live by.

that's what she said :brow:
:D

You're welcome, Bob. That's another straight line you owe me......

I've got a friend that actually got fired that way. He worked for one of the 'Ma Bell breakups' selling small telephone systems for medium size businesses (made in Canada in fact). Nasty phallic looking thing that was very late on delivery. John had several irate customers to deal with so he had some tee shirts made up with the photo of the unit and the above caption below. Sent them out as a humor offering. One of the 'men' was in fact a woman (she'd used her initial and last name to that point) who took offense.....he lost his job over it. It was OK with him, he wanted out, it was a ratepayer scam. They were still getting money from the old days based on how much they spent last time. Every cubie had a full blown AT and Mac system (each with scanner and printer) no matter what the guy wanted. Every cubie had printers stacked up somewhere. They had whole floors John couldn't go on, but they held all their meetings down the street at a hotel which gave them huge bills to pass on to the rate payers. Managers got raises based on their budgets, not performance.

This was 30 years back, but it was an old story then and it hasn't got updated since that I know of. The urge to 'spend it or loose it' is strong in our culture for sure.

OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Winner! PM me your name and find me at the cup.

Those numbers are pretty wild, right? The two close ones make sense but 32% is worse than bubble.

Like that report said. They felt concentrate potency testing was very inconsistent even the same sample tested twice by the same lab.

I'm still with OF in this is a good problem to have and shows some maturing of the industry. Its gotta start somewhere....

So dub, where are you finding the best concentrates these days.... For flavor I would have to say cannaculture. For cheap and potent the PX brand is consistent at a number of clubs. I still buy wax at Elemental and SouthBayCRC too. Erik makes some good wax though. both his GrapeApe and Purple Frost were very tasty.

What's everyone think of the Jurrassic Amber glass? Hear its the rage in the city these days

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I know, Brother G, I know. We had this very conversation if you recall? Managing Engineers is like herding cats.....in the dark, from the next room.

And you, you lucky devil, get to take the heat for it........

"All things considered, I would rather be me than you." Sgt. Schultz....words to live by.

You're welcome, Bob. That's another straight line you owe me......

I've got a friend that actually got fired that way. He worked for one of the 'Ma Bell breakups' selling small telephone systems for medium size businesses (made in Canada in fact). Nasty phallic looking thing that was very late on delivery. John had several irate customers to deal with so he had some tee shirts made up with the photo of the unit and the above caption below. Sent them out as a humor offering. One of the 'men' was in fact a woman (she'd used her initial and last name to that point) who took offense.....he lost his job over it. It was OK with him, he wanted out, it was a ratepayer scam. They were still getting money from the old days based on how much they spent last time. Every cubie had a full blown AT and Mac system (each with scanner and printer) no matter what the guy wanted. Every cubie had printers stacked up somewhere. They had whole floors John couldn't go on, but they held all their meetings down the street at a hotel which gave them huge bills to pass on to the rate payers. Managers got raises based on their budgets, not performance.

This was 30 years back, but it was an old story then and it hasn't got updated since that I know of. The urge to 'spend it or loose it' is strong in our culture for sure.

OF

And as a great leader i am here to take the blame. No questions about this that it should have been done right the first time. I am not blaming anyone but myself.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

And as a great leader i am here to take the blame. No questions about this that it should have been done right the first time. I am not blaming anyone but myself.

Full points for the right answer. You can delegate authority, but not responsibility. You need to be sure the engineers understand how disappointed you are this time and how willing you'll be to share some of that disappointment along down the line should the situation chance to come up again.

Needs to be carefully done, you need to stay leader and preserve that respect but you also need to get them to assume responsibility (not at all easy)......but you know all this good stuff, and so should 'they'. It's your bucks on the line, your family's future, but they're the one's handling the eggs. They have to want to do it right even when nobody's looking......

And then we tackle unemployment and national security.

OF

Adobewan

If I had to choose between not hearing from a MF till it's all ready to go or one that was an open honest part of our community, who shared process news, victories, and defeats with us in an open transparent nature...
Hey I just realized, G is following through on Obama's promises.

"G"/Paul 2012!

Adobewan,

mrmojo62

howdy all and greetings from the pacific northwest!

i've been reading this thread for a while page by page til i caught up but i gave up around page 120 and skipped here to the end so i'm sure i missed some things but i'm going to ask my questions anyway, cuz i enjoy looking like an idiot.

my friends and i are fairly hard hitters so i've been debating between the hvd upgrade for the v2 or the persei. it looks like the decision was made for me (too many bills) so i figured the hvd should hold me until i can spring for the persei, but when i went to the delta9 site it seems that the hvd is not able to be pre-ordered. any idea when its going up again? now that i've wrapped my head around it, i want it yesterday, just like everyone else here. lol

second question: for some reason i have a cart that, when i put it on and try to run it, the light blinks three times and goes out. my omicron does not do this with any other cart that i have so i'm wondering if anyone has a clue as to why this is happening. i have tried this many times and the result is always the same, changed batteries, cleaned contacts doesn't matter. all i get is the three blinks and then nothing, so any ideas/fixes are welcome.

for those with leaking issues that may not have read the beginning, every cart i have used so far has leaked to some extent, some to the point where i emptied them to start over. at least one of the carts is now working perfectly with a few minor leaks and no major leaks. the only difference is the use of a clear draw tube that was suggested waaay back. go to home depot and get a piece of tubing that has a 3/8th inch internal diameter, cut off a piece no longer than six inches and attach it to the top of a cart and watch the vapor production. if its big and cloudy, you're golden, if not slow down until it does. it seems to have stopped the leaking issue for me at least and its kinda fun to watch the way the vapor pools and clouds the tube. and it does seem to be more interesting later in the evening after much usage, go figure.

to all the folks at delta9, keep it up. the hardest thing about being at the head of the pack is staying there, so no napping for you!!

Jared Leibowitz

How do I know when the cartridge for the V2 is done? I've used almost 2G so far of earwax and now starting to feel a burn on my throat. I still get good rips though. Not sure if I should trash it yet.

Jared Leibowitz,
Top Bottom