Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

Ever meet an unpowered transistor junction in full conduction with zero resistance? Neither have I.

OK, here's another measurement/test you can do:

You need the charger, a charged battery, an Omicron cart of your choice and your Ammeter. Put the charged battery in one slot. No power to the charger. Now ground the barrel of the cart to the negative contact of the other slot. Use your high Amps range to connect the positive terminal of the open slot to the center pin of the cart, completing the circuit. What do you read? I just got 1.42 Amps and took a nice hit in the process. Driven by the charged battery through the charger.....

One channel, two parallel slots. One indicator. If the light doesn't describe the only channel, which is it? 1 or 2???

Hey, here's another idea for a test, plug two fully charged batteries into the charger, one backwards..... Just making a point PLEASE do not really try that, I think it could be especially dangerous, more so if they were IMR batteries.....

OF

Look I understand what you're saying, but just because you or I don't understand exactly everything that is happening...

Doesn't change the fact that, for everyone who uses the charger and is wondering what all this means, it is perfectly safe to charge two batteries (imr or regular) that have different levels of charge.

Just because some dry fire experiments have interesting results doesn't mean that the charger in active duty isn't performing exactly like an independent two channel charger would.

The light seems to be a simple OR gate, which turns red when one OR the other OR both are charging...

Edit: "Use your high Amps range... I just got 1.42 Amps"
I had thought you had an impotent meter with 500ma max, you should be able to directly duplicate my findings.

JoeKickass,

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
And I'm guessing still no discount for the new top?

Uce,

JoeKickass

Does anyone here use one of those charger bags? I know battery explosions are possible but how many go "the safe route" when charging?

I forgot, the main reason I don't use the bags is because you have to wrap up the whole charger and batteries in a sealed bag which is going to raise the heat. Maybe not a huge amount in a cool room but in my mind more heat = greater risk of something happening (batteries or the charger itself getting too hot and malfunctioning) I try to give my charger air and not cover it with anything (since that's how they are all designed to operate) :2c:

JoeKickass,

OF

Look I understand what you're saying, but just because you or I don't understand exactly everything that is happening...

Doesn't change the fact that, for everyone who uses the charger and is wondering what all this means, it is perfectly safe to charge two batteries (imr or regular) that have different levels of charge.

Just because some dry fire experiments have interesting results doesn't mean that the charger in active duty isn't performing exactly like an independent two channel charger would.

The light seems to be a simple OR gate, which turns red when one OR the other OR both are charging...

Each guy gets to decide for himself. I just showed you (did you try it?) how at least 1.4 Amps is available which seems to fit my assumptions well but not yours? It was not a dry fire, the cart was loaded, I took a normal hit. Under this condition the charger will discharge that charged battery though the old in the other slot over time. I don't know of any real multi channel chargers that do that. Do you? All the chargers I know allow at most very modest currents 'backwards' from the battery in the charge slot.

I'm not saying it's dangerous, I've no proof of that. I am saying it's a single channel charger and think I can prove that. Let me suggest one more test if I might? This is a multi chemistry charger. You can charge NiCd and NiMH cells as well as Li. So, put a 18650 in one slot and one of your MFLB batteries in the other and see what happens? The one and only charging channel drops to 1.4 Volts to service the NiMH and completely stops any charging in slot one. Or at least that's what happens with mine. I've looked inside it and the 188. The latter is clearly a dual channel charger, with about a third looking identical to it's opposite side, something lacking in the smaller unit with one light.

In this last case I suggest the only charger channel available drops down. The 18650 I used was intentionally a protected one, I'm not sure what happens to IMRs if you repeat my test with them. If there were two channels why isn't it "performing exactly like an independent two channel charger would" in this case? Because, I think there are not two independent channels. That's all.

Li batteries like we use in parallel are a very common configuration. The Tesla electric car uses thousands of 18650s to make their battery pack I'm told. To a point two batteries with modest plate area in parallel are the same electrically as a single one with twice the plate area and so on. Somewhere near here there's a photo of a cheap gang charger full of AA NiMH cells with a couple blown up....by the other 'good' ones in parallel with them in the charger, that charger didn't come up with the power to do that in real time. Charging in parallel is 'not uncommon'. Lots of chargers do it.

OF

OF,

OF

For those good folks trying to follow the saga of thread adapters to put Omicron carts on regular 510 thread devices, I just got notice that these guys have at long last shipped my back order:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

Looks like maybe 'pre order' (whatever that is, is finally behind us?). It claims to be here in '3 to 5 days' so I suspect early next week I'll have more news?

And now you know as much as me....again.

OF

BTW, if you decide to jump on this, be sure you get 510 to M601, the second listed? OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I don't know about your charger but mine absolutely flips out when I just tried to charge an nimh and a lithium at the same time. Peaks at an excess of 5 amps when adding one or the other to an already selected voltage, so yeah probably not recommended but the light goes green and the whole thing hums so I think that should be pretty obvious to anyone who tries it.

But I think we can come to a compromise, it is not a true single channel because, on the correct voltage setting, it seems to be able to throttle the current and does not just directly short the batteries. But you can also say it's not a true dual channel, more of a hybrid between the two where the channels are physically connected but through an electronically regulated circuit to operate separately safely within the correct voltage range.

JoeKickass,

OF

Thanks for trying the test, I think we agree it shows it's not a typical two channel charger with only one light.

I'm not comfortable with the second part, I'm still not sure it doesn't short the slots. My meter says it does, tests seem to say it does, logic (at least mine, twisted as that might be) says so as well as I can't see anyone going to the trouble and expense of building independent charging into it and getting so cheap as to put only one light on it....and then add extra circuits so that light responds to the OR condition.....

I'm just too chicken to run a test that might wreck something is all.

I'm happy with the observation that it's not a normal two channel charger and folks might want to keep an eye on how it's used.....or not. Their call. I'm just not ready to say it's always going to be safe. Then again, neither is dating married women and that's pretty popular too.

Thanks for the fun discussion. Not often I get to 'talk techie' any more.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I didn't know you actually measured the current of one of two lithium batteries rise above 750ma?

I agree the unloaded resistance is odd, but direct current measurement tells no lies... (mostly)

JoeKickass,

OF

Then why do I still feel so stupid?:|

Prolly for the same reason I do.....I never said I know enough, just that you know as much as me.....

You know what they say, "Ignorance is bliss"? Well......

Fat, dumb and happy is not only a legitimate life style, it's popular and recommended. So there.

OF

NewSchoolExplorer

To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing. -Isaac Newton

NoName

For those good folks trying to follow the saga of thread adapters to put Omicron carts on regular 510 thread devices, I just got notice that these guys have at long last shipped my back order:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

Looks like maybe 'pre order' (whatever that is, is finally behind us?). It claims to be here in '3 to 5 days' so I suspect early next week I'll have more news?

And now you know as much as me....again.

OF

BTW, if you decide to jump on this, be sure you get 510 to M601, the second listed? OF

@OF

Thanks again for a 'heads up' - 4 ordered and on their way!! Hopefully everyone gets what they need?

NoName,

OF

@OF

Thanks again for a 'heads up' - 4 ordered and on their way!! Hopefully everyone gets what they need?

Hey, you're welcome. I hope we don't trigger another shortage. Someone PM'd me and said they couldn't figure out why it got so popular all of a sudden. I though someone had posted here they'd spilled the beans? Maybe they just don't trust those pot smokers.....or maybe they is us?

So I did my part, I've got a couple spares coming. If we do this right I bet we can trick him into seriously overstocking them.....then he'll have to offer a big sale to clear them out........and we can all order....

Mighty handy little gadget for a couple of bucks.

OF

OF

I hope they come back. I ordered some last week. I hope they shipped

Hey, this might be a fun time to start another rumor? So, perhaps the end of the old 1.5s has been reached and soon we'll have the next run delivered which will have the latest taste and leak improvements? Maybe you don't want the last ones shipped, but if they really are out, the next ones shipped?

This could be one of those fun events where bad news is really good?

Again, for those who want it now, PV seems to have stock.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Hey, this might be a fun time to start another rumor? So, perhaps the end of the old 1.5s has been reached and soon we'll have the next run delivered which will have the latest taste and leak improvements? Maybe you don't want the last ones shipped, but if they really are out, the next ones shipped?

This could be one of those fun events where bad news is really good?

Again, for those who want it now, PV seems to have stock.

OF
that would be sweet.
hope G is doing all right. sorry for his loss.

FWIW I also received notice of shipment today on my adapters from same co

Bob Loblaw,

bluesurfboy

Hey, you're welcome. I hope we don't trigger another shortage. Someone PM'd me and said they couldn't figure out why it got so popular all of a sudden. I though someone had posted here they'd spilled the beans? Maybe they just don't trust those pot smokers.....or maybe they is us?

So I did my part, I've got a couple spares coming. If we do this right I bet we can trick him into seriously overstocking them.....then he'll have to offer a big sale to clear them out........and we can all order....

Mighty handy little gadget for a couple of bucks.

OF

what are yall using the adapters for?

im looking for other ways for sure.

bluesurfboy,

OF

what are yall using the adapters for?

im looking for other ways for sure.

Mostly for putting Omicron carts on standard 510 thread supplies. Soon, no doubt, this will include the Universe as well. And probably the nail....and hammer....and....

Likewise I expect the more common adapter that puts things like DART and Evolution on the Persei and V2 (with the coming update) will become more and more popular. For a few dollars a guy gets to save buying a different supply.

OF

OF,

Noize23

Hi guys, today announced the new shipment came with the 1.5 cartriges :) At this point I would like to thank Delta 9 crew, for the free pack 1.5 carts and drip tips. So the first Cartrige was inoperable, the second Cartrige I destroyed by overheating with my lighter, but the third was working and I filled with wax, all went well I'm very thrilled with how big and fat, the clouds are now! 2.4 carts that work not so good for me, but now kick the clouds more :) Thx for this great carts! PEACE and one question:Is my english correct so ?

DubCRider

Hi guys, today announced the new shipment came with the 1.5 cartriges :) At this point I would like to thank Delta 9 crew, for the free pack 1.5 carts and drip tips. So the first Cartrige was inoperable, the second Cartrige I destroyed by overheating with my lighter, but the third was working and I filled with wax, all went well I'm very thrilled with how big and fat, the clouds are now! 2.4 carts that work not so good for me, but now kick the clouds more :) Thx for this great carts! PEACE and one question:Is my english correct so ?

Yes, it's not perfect but very clear what you are saying. Keep posting, we like you!

OF

ive been using an adapter from that electronic-cigz.com site for the past few months and it works.

Yeah, me too. I checked, I'm on the last of the three I bought (lost one and made one into a test fixture). I looked it up, it's 8 months ago I got it. Several grams have gone past it on their way to me molecule by molecule. For a three dollar part, I've no complaints except it's taken over a month to get more?

Mine should be on the way, as are at least two other forum members who've told me they too got the good word. Somewhere there's a nice enough guy going through all sorts of work for a very small order with even smaller profit involved. Folks who've 'been there' understand that the cost of customer service can be quite high but you need to do it if you want to survive in many markets.

IMO these guys would go broke selling us a few adapters but having to answer too many questions or make too many 'extra efforts'. A tough nut if you have a problematic product. I've seen good companies die this way. In one case, at the end, every guy with any skills had a tool kit in the field. There was literally a few 'front office' types (to answer the flood of angry customers) while even the stock guy was wearing a tie and carrying tool kit. One serious slip up (in this case, a vendor change in the tape used in a VCR degrading) and you're out of business.

Fun stuff for some of us I guess?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom