Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

I bought a scribe ($5 on ebay) to etch the number of the original weight on the carts. That, and maybe some initials for the strain/type.

I was going to get a cheapo $10 engraver but drilling into the carts didn't seem like a good idea...

Sharpie doesn't work so when I scratched one cart with a key as a test, it confirmed that may be the only way to directly write on these carts.

Good topic. I tried my scribe, but it wasn't much good on the SS as it's hard and the surface doesn't show scratches easily (something they tried to do....), I gave up. Good to hear you're having more luck.

I too tried Sharpies and for a while that was the call (although I had trouble writing on the sharply curved surface) I found a layer of 'Scotch tape' over the top did the trick. Now I print labels out using Word. Each has a bold line for Strain and type (wax, oil, etc), usually bold at 14 or 16 font. Under that goes THC and CBD numbers (when known) and source (S, I/S, and so on). Each is maybe 3/8 high when cut out, just long enough to wrap around, and is held in place by 1/2 inch tape at the top of the tube. It all fits under, and can be read through, the mouthpiece. It adds about .050 grams on average to the cart weight.

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Scotch tape

I remember your method, and when you first mentioned it. I don't know why, but having plastic on the cart freaks me out, especially since it is constantly being heated, and sometimes heated A LOT, especially towards the top.

I tried tape on the silicon mouthpiece, but that turned out messy, and gross in a way (lint sticks to the tape and stuff).

I remember someone used some kind of small rubber bands or something for the carts, that was a really good idea.

And, about the scribe, you are right, it is hard to see, especially in low light. Even harder if your vision isn't superb.

So....still trying to find the best way to mark the carts. I wish there was a sharpie that would stick on it. I did see a youtube video of someone electrifying a carbon lead and writing on metal...but it let off tons of sparks and stuff - it seemed too crazy for such a simple task.

Darn these carts for rejecting my Sharpies!!!!:argh:

kittyboy

i got my package from the post office, but its all wrong. box contains 2 v1 with chargers.
i want my 1.5ohm carts, drip tips and 2 O-phos upgrades. (opening a ticket with them now)
I had some problems as well. Got my v2 and charger doesnt work so was sent a new charger and it is European so I am now waiting on another charger and cant use my Omincron. THey are nice on phone and assume it is due to move. So on cartridges and the V2 do people prefer the mouthpiece that comes with it or the clear plastice tip that comes with cartridges?

kittyboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I had some problems as well. Got my v2 and charger doesnt work so was sent a new charger and it is European so I am now waiting on another charger and cant use my Omincron. THey are nice on phone and assume it is due to move. So on cartridges and the V2 do people prefer the mouthpiece that comes with it or the clear plastice tip that comes with cartridges?
i actually prefer the delrin tips on their site. the clear tip gets dirty (unless i have glass dropper in it or am using it to connect to a tube for water filtration) and the metal one bumps my teeth while moving. my 2 cents

Bob Loblaw,

StickyShisha2

Wow SS, that's a bummer. Isn't that about where you started?

yep, back to square one less 130 dollars. I'm not calling them (yet)because this T-break is making me irritable and i don't want to pick a fight with them.

edit: i called and they are working on it now. i'm mailing in 2 v1's, again

StickyShisha2,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I use Dymo labels. Can do 8pt type with strain, gross, tare. Wrap around near the top. Can get clear tape with printing, but I use whatever I have.

Almost every cart I've pre-weighed has had some difference. Is this a QC issue I wonder? Or amount of materials used to make each one? Residual manufacturing oils or whatever perhaps that have imparted the taste we all so love.

Wasn't there just a posting from D9 about new carts that won't leak, taste bad, etc.?

Sinclue,

Noize23

On the delta 9 homepage, there is this new product trailer, also to see is a offer of v2 with pass thruu, is pass thruu meaned use by usb in realtime? Is in the future comming a persei with usb? Thx forward

Noize23,

OF

Please let me change the subject just a bit for a moment and get back to a topic a while back, how to carry loose carts. After some more fiddling around I'd like to recommend 'Doob Tubes' for your consideration. I bought a few from Harborside to try out and they work fantastically for the job. They have two tight fitting seals (one backing up the other), yet are very easy to open. Definitely gas tight (no smell or drying out), hold the assembled cart with cap and if necessary adapter. I add a tuft of cotton to the bottom so the carts don't rattle around and to catch any drips that might happen. They're about 5/8 inch in diameter (just fits the soft mouthpiece inside and about 4 inches long, just long enough for half an inch or so of pad at the bottom.

Anyway, lots of head shops stock them. Often custom printed. You can order them straight from the maker (all USA, BTW) with your state's '4:20 Law' printed on it for a dollar or so each:
http://www.doobtubin.com/index.html

These guys are recommended, even if we're not likely to use them for their original intended use....close, but we're not blazing anything here.....

OF

OF

I remember your method, and when you first mentioned it. I don't know why, but having plastic on the cart freaks me out, especially since it is constantly being heated, and sometimes heated A LOT, especially towards the top.

Isn't that strange, staying away from heat is the whole reasons I ended up at the top, it's the coldest part? On the (now quite rare) occasion when I need to reheat a cart with a torch (because I screwed up the load) usually gentle heat near the mid line has done the trick fine. If I'm going to be more aggressive the label is easy to remove and replace.

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

am i reading this correct that you have been putting labels on the top of the carts? i put mine at the bottom so i can still use a lighter on the cart to bring the oil down. i just scotch tape em and it seems to work

hatfieldsmama,

VAPORIZER22

Just got my V2 upgrade, batteries charging. I notice that if I press down on the battery in the right socket the light will turn green? When I let up it goes back to red. Is this normal? Just saw THC's and Joe's posts about led color when fully charged, I'll see what mine do.

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
So I missed the part of the FAQ where you need to deoxidize the cartridges to avoid the nasty burned rubber taste and smell....will I be able to burn through this with a cartridge I've already loaded? I've done 30 pulls on it so far and the smell and taste are still as strong as the first puff.

Also, I've followed the deoxidize instructions on another cartridge I have and I'm hesitant to load it as I can still smell the odor strongly.....

Searching through the thread shows people have had issues with the taste, my question is if you can eventually overcome that problem.

-Z

Zingbuddah,

Dallas.

Hi everybody, I recently got my Omicron and first tested it out with some PureGold and I overall liked it, but the PureGold didn't last long at all (about 25 hits for 1/2 a g) so I was really disappointed. Now, I know it isn't suggested to refill the cartridge, but I did it anyway with some budder.

So I put it in, but I went to vaporize it, all of the vapor comes flowing out of the bottom of the cartridge. Do I have to buy new cartridges or is it the budder?

Dallas.,
Hi everybody, I recently got my Omicron and first tested it out with some PureGold and I overall liked it, but the PureGold didn't last long at all (about 25 hits for 1/2 a g) so I was really disappointed. Now, I know it isn't suggested to refill the cartridge, but I did it anyway with some budder.

So I put it in, but I went to vaporize it, all of the vapor comes flowing out of the bottom of the cartridge. Do I have to buy new cartridges or is it the budder?
Pretty sure your clogged, or blowing the wrong way. The Vaporpedia omicron thread has all sorts off good info for ya. Check it out.

havealight101,

OF

am i reading this correct that you have been putting labels on the top of the carts? i put mine at the bottom so i can still use a lighter on the cart to bring the oil down. i just scotch tape em and it seems to work

Yes, at the top, under the mouthpiece completely.

I found that if I load the oil correctly I seldom, if ever, have to melt one down after it gets going. The 'trick' is to be sure the tube is good and warm under the funnel so the load drops straight to the bottom in one go with no gaps. If you do it 'right' you feel the heat at the bottom rapidly rise when the hot concentrated drops down in a single mass.

In the rare case where it does stall out with more than say 150 mg left from dry weight and I elect to try melting it down I simply cut the label off. It's easy to print another and also possible to reuse the same one with another layer of tape.

Doing it at the top also means you can read the label when on a V1.

Just got my V2 upgrade, batteries charging. I notice that if I press down on the battery in the right socket the light will turn green? When I let up it goes back to red. Is this normal? Just saw THC's and Joe's posts about led color when fully charged, I'll see what mine do.

Thanks

Yes, quite normal. You're no doubt pushing the battery out of contact.

OF

OF,

OF

Would unclogging it be as simple as putting a paper clip in the center of the cart (not where the oil goes)?

OK, we've got several things going on I think. First, I guess, is to get the leak under control. It could, perhaps, be from over filling. I don't think for a minute you took 25 Pure Gold hits at 15 mg each and didn't know something serious was going on. Did you weigh it? How much Budder did you add to what was there?

I'm going to assume it's PG that's leaking?

Another thought is heat from loading may have damaged the seals. Did you hold the bottom of the cart at all times?

Next on the list is clearing the clog. I assume you can't draw through it (or the vapor wouldn't be coming out the vents)? Then, yes, the most likely problem is an upper tube (flue) jam. You need a needle or very straight paper clip a little less than 1 3/4 inches long (inside the tube, you need something to hold on to). I suggest you dip it in ISO until you become familiar with the process. You need to carefully feel your way, the tube is aimed directly at the heater, if you hit it too hard it's all over and draining what you can from the cart becomes the issue.

OF

OF,

Dallas.

OK, we've got several things going on I think. First, I guess, is to get the leak under control. It could, perhaps, be from over filling. I don't think for a minute you took 25 Pure Gold hits at 15 mg each and didn't know something serious was going on. Did you weigh it? How much Budder did you add to what was there?

I'm going to assume it's PG that's leaking?

Another thought is heat from loading may have damaged the seals. Did you hold the bottom of the cart at all times?

Next on the list is clearing the clog. I assume you can't draw through it (or the vapor wouldn't be coming out the vents)? Then, yes, the most likely problem is an upper tube (flue) jam. You need a needle or very straight paper clip a little less than 1 3/4 inches long (inside the tube, you need something to hold on to). I suggest you dip it in ISO until you become familiar with the process. You need to carefully feel your way, the tube is aimed directly at the heater, if you hit it too hard it's all over and draining what you can from the cart becomes the issue.

OF

Have solved my problem (well, you did too I guess :D), it was simply clogged.

When I wasn't getting any more hits from my PG, I weighed it on my scale and it weighed an even 7.9 g's. I read the vaporpedia article before, so I knew 7.9 meant the cart was near empty.

Also, I put in 1/2 a gram of PG. The Budder I put in around 0.75 grams.

Dallas.,

OF

When I wasn't getting any more hits from my PG, I weighed it on my scale and it weighed an even 7.9 g's. I read the vaporpedia article before, so I knew 7.9 meant the cart was near empty.

If you look up a few posts you'll find us discussing new carts considerably under 7.9 grams (which is why I asked). Carts are going to retain maybe .2 grams so if they start out 7.9 they'll stall on you 8.1 or so probably.

Anyway, good to know you're running again. Thanks for the word. Enjoy it.

OF

VAPORIZER22

It is best to weigh each cart before filling to know the actual weight. If you look some posts back people have weighed carts that vary anywhere from .3-.4g in weight. Even though it says 7.9, without knowing it starting weight it is hard to get an accurately tell how much is left.

Top Bottom