Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

SlideOrDie

OF said:
First thought is looks to me like V1.X units are no more? PV lists out of stock, I can't find it on the THC site and the V1.2 was a stopgap to bridge a battery supply issue as I understand it. The kit no longer comes with two complete units, but rather two batteries for the single V2. The Persei is really not that much more money when you consider the extra batteries and options. It will easily do anything Omicron V2 can an much much more and do it with longer battery life for the same performance. It's a bit larger, of course, but if stealth isn't an issue, that seems not such a big deal. Persei is advertised to drive the full line of proposed carts and accessories, not true of Omicron.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider the extra bucks for Persei.

OF

Wise words OF!

Right after I saw the pics of the V2 I was quite intrigued as well until my Persei came in the mail :)

SlideOrDie,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OF said:
sparkyvette said:
I have been looking through the omicron and persei threads. I am debating which one to buy. Stealth I am not worried about as I will mainly use it at home. And now there is a V2 version soon. Any thoughts guys?

First thought is looks to me like V1.X units are no more? PV lists out of stock, I can't find it on the THC site and the V1.2 was a stopgap to bridge a battery supply issue as I understand it. The kit no longer comes with two complete units, but rather two batteries for the single V2. The Persei is really not that much more money when you consider the extra batteries and options. It will easily do anything Omicron V2 can an much much more and do it with longer battery life for the same performance. It's a bit larger, of course, but if stealth isn't an issue, that seems not such a big deal. Persei is advertised to drive the full line of proposed carts and accessories, not true of Omicron.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider the extra bucks for Persei.

OF

Very true. The Persei "Cain" and the Omicron "Abel"???

Jeppy,

OF

Jeppy said:

Boy, I sure hope not!!! That would make Persei 'the ancestor of evil', condemned to labor without fruit and aimlessly wonder the earth? Best I think the dwell in the Garden, not get cast out 'cuz you're jealous of the other fellow......let alone cuz ya offed him when you couldn't take it.

I think I'll pass. Might get a Persei someday, though.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OF said:
Jeppy said:

Boy, I sure hope not!!! That would make Persei 'the ancestor of evil', condemned to labor without fruit and aimlessly wonder the earth? Best I think the dwell in the Garden, not get cast out 'cuz you're jealous of the other fellow......let alone cuz ya offed him when you couldn't take it.

I think I'll pass. Might get a Persei someday, though.

OF
Yes, discretion is the better part of valor, I guess. I'll probably get one someday too.

Jeppy,

OF

Darb said:
'the ancestor of evil'

I like the sound of that...

Depends on the crowd you hang with, but some serious Bible thumpers use that term for the murderer of mankind's first martyr.

You can use it whenever, and to describe anyone you want I guess. The copyright ran out long ago......

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

tharealmclovin said:
Now the question is... Should I Persei now or wait for version 2

Do you want something small and stealthy that doesn't have as much power and is not adjustable?

Or do you want something with more power that will be able to use all of the attachments but is less stealthy?

SlideOrDie,

tharealmclovin

SlideOrDie said:
tharealmclovin said:
Now the question is... Should I Persei now or wait for version 2

Do you want something small and stealthy that doesn't have as much power and is not adjustable?

Or do you want something with more power that will be able to use all of the attachments but is less stealthy?

I have the omicron and I'm fine with that. I just like the look of he Persei and version 2. My charger keeps breaking. Luckily I could solder it this time. But I want a new one by the time that version 2 comes out.

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys we have a upgrade plan in the works for v1.x users.

Just give us time to work out the details.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

VAPORIZER22

THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Great to hear. The upgrade plan for current omicron owners and the customer service I have received in the past are just a few reasons why I will continue to purchase your products.

VAPORIZER22,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys please understand we had to upgrade our unit. Because of the direction we are going, it was needed. We have plans for the Omicron and needed to step away from the Ecig batteries as they did not allow us the room to upgrade on top of it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I was thinking of just going V2 instead of persei because of all the reports of carts burning up real fast (could be user error) Gonna wait this one out.... i love the persei, the v2 looks amazing, but the price tells me just buy the damn persei haha

Xchadb,

DubCRider

I have been using 2ohm carts on mine at all voltages, burned up two so far. I've been using it for about a month now too. The odd part is that I hold the button what seems like 30sec. Letting the cart cool between high voltage rips is almost a must, at any ohm rating.

DubCRider,

tharealmclovin

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys please understand we had to upgrade our unit. Because of the direction we are going, it was needed. We have plans for the Omicron and needed to step away from the Ecig batteries as they did not allow us the room to upgrade on top of it.

I am definitely excited for the upgrade. I cant wait. I'll keep my version 1 for my Disc Golf bag

tharealmclovin,

asaghost

Day One of Omicron use has impressed me. I chose a high-CBD CO2 extract, and my body feels even better than I expected. Torching my tiny 1g jar of concentrate felt risky until I found a way to stand everything up squarely. Two-stepped it with a Volcano, and have to say that the Omi provides subtler hits, but not really weaker ones. The vapor quality fluctuates with a Volcano, and I really like the consistent performance from my Omicron.

Holding it upright does not bother me too much, except for lying in bed. Some old school vaporizer hose could fix that, and enable some stealthy possibilities.

It certainly works as well as I expected. The trusty budtender who raved about it to me did not just want to make another sale. If I use it gently, then it will hopefully last. 9/10 stars

asaghost,
DubCRider said:
I have been using 2ohm carts on mine at all voltages, burned up two so far. I've been using it for about a month now too. The odd part is that I hold the button what seems like 30sec. Letting the cart cool between high voltage rips is almost a must, at any ohm rating.
Have you used 2.4 at 7.4 then? That's crazy!.... Because 4 ohm @ 7.4 carts already put out an Insane amount of vapor.

havealight101,
Are v1/1.1 going to be available for a while?... I like the stealth compared to my Persei. It would be nice to know if they are going to discontinued soon, so people can act if the want.

Edit: sorry, I should have just added it to post before.

havealight101,

druminfected

THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Awesome Thanks for answering my question THC! :)

I just got done wrapping my omicrons with carbon fiber and they look snazzy now. I suggest people to go and do this if they want even more stealth to hide the label. I might do this to the Persei as well, because you can always just take it off, but don't know if I want to leave the house with this bad boy........yet. :)
261dhza.jpg

druminfected,
Reactions: rufrothy

bazzles

Received my Omicron yesterday! I'm loving this thing. My first G is probably going to run out somewhat quickly as I have been trying to figure out the best draw speed. Currently I have my "training wheels" on by using some clear tubing to see the thickness of the vapor. I have had some amazing hits that way and hopefully soon will get it perfect.

bazzles,
bazzles said:
Received my Omicron yesterday! I'm loving this thing. My first G is probably going to run out somewhat quickly as I have been trying to figure out the best draw speed. Currently I have my "training wheels" on by using some clear tubing to see the thickness of the vapor. I have had some amazing hits that way and hopefully soon will get it perfect.

Slow and steady wins the race. Clear tube def helps when "training", but is unnecessary once you get it fully figured out. Enjoy the new tool.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

I love using the clear acrylic mouthpiece, I bought a fancy stainless steel drip tip but I barely use it since it's just so easy with the clear tube.

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom