Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

tharealmclovin

So whats gonna come first??? Ver 2 or the herb cart???? I also like the idea of batteries over a charger. I keep breaking my Omicron chargers

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
tharealmclovin said:
So whats gonna come first??? Ver 2 or the herb cart???? I also like the idea of batteries over a charger. I keep breaking my Omicron chargers

That is why we took the usb out of the kit, and upgraded it to a heavy duty charger.

We are working on a upgrade kit for people and will let you know soon about that.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin said:

I see its already on Delta9Vapes Does this mean it will be available anytime soon???

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
tharealmclovin said:
tharealmclovin said:

I see its already on Delta9Vapes Does this mean it will be available anytime soon???

soon.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

tharealmclovin

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
tharealmclovin said:
tharealmclovin said:

soon.

The suspense is killing me again. This version made me almost forget about the herb carts

tharealmclovin,

OF

tharealmclovin said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

The suspense is killing me again. This version made me almost forget about the herb carts

Sorry to hear that, but say if the suspense does get the best of you and you peg out can I have your Omicron?

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
My question: why all the initial talk about an herb cart for the v1 Omicron, just to release an unannounced v2 Omicron? Actually it's a v3, because another patient saw a smaller version at a dispensary. Buy an Omicron one day and it's obsolete the next??? That bothers me...... Forthrightness is a BIG deal to me.....

Jeppy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Jeppy said:
My question: why all the initial talk about an herb cart for the v1 Omicron, just to release an unannounced v2 Omicron? Actually it's a v3, because another patient saw a smaller version at a dispensary. Buy an Omicron one day and it's obsolete the next??? That bothers me...... Forthrightness is a BIG deal to me.....

You are right there are three versions, and one revision in the second version, so this omicron should be called v3 but it is not for this reason.

We consider the first black omicrons and the second silver ones are the same style slight differences.

First black units are v1.0
Second silver unit v1.05 ( only difference from first black unit was light on the button )
Third silver longer unit is v1.1 ( on/off feature and 1/2 longer )

Omicron v2 features replaceable battery, on/off feature/ beefed up charger, and two colors. Chrome and matte black.

The herb chamber/cartridge will be out for the v1.x omicrons we just need time because we have to many projects and not enough engineers. Plus we want a perfect product.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
You are right there are three versions, and one revision in the second version, so this omicron should be called v3 but it is not for this reason.

We consider the first black omicrons and the second silver ones are the same style slight differences.

Second silver unit v1.05 ( only difference from first black unit was light on the button )

On, no, now you've got me confused (happens a lot lately....). I've seen photos of early units that look very much like the Atmos RX. I own a couple sets of the current production (as of a week ago, say) silver ones that are a little longer than that and have a longer heat shield. These are V1.1, right? But none of mine seem to have this 'on/off feature'. This is the five presses quickly locks it out until it gets five clicks again? Can't do that, how fast are you supposed to click?

Not really needed as I see it, as long as the time out shuts it down in the case of a jammed button or other problem. But you've got me curious. Should my units have this feature?

TIA

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

On, no, now you've got me confused (happens a lot lately....). I've seen photos of early units that look very much like the Atmos RX. I own a couple sets of the current production (as of a week ago, say) silver ones that are a little longer than that and have a longer heat shield. These are V1.1, right? But none of mine seem to have this 'on/off feature'. This is the five presses quickly locks it out until it gets five clicks again? Can't do that, how fast are you supposed to click?

Not really needed as I see it, as long as the time out shuts it down in the case of a jammed button or other problem. But you've got me curious. Should my units have this feature?

TIA

OF

Do 5 really quick taps, the button should flash, if it does not then you have v1.05

THC SCIENTIFIC,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Maybe I missed it, but is there a price change on this new model? And just to be clear this new model will have a 10% improvement in battery life?

lesvape,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

TIA

OF

Do 5 really quick taps, the button should flash, if it does not then you have v1.05

Thanks. Yours does this? If I tap as fast as I can, the light come on slowly on the second or third press. What are the dates on this? My last set was a few months back from PV. It's the same size (not half an inch shorter or longer) than the ones from a few months before that and the ones I just got a friend a few weeks ago......

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
OF said:

TIA

OF

Thanks. Yours does this? If I tap as fast as I can, the light come on slowly on the second or third press. What are the dates on this? My last set was a few months back from PV. It's the same size (not half an inch shorter or longer) than the ones from a few months before that and the ones I just got a friend a few weeks ago......

OF

then you have the v1.05 if its the same size as the one you got a few months back.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
then you have the v1.05 if its the same size as the one you got a few months back.

Thanks. So V1.1 came out in the last few weeks and has just become obsolete? Won't have to worry about it.

Still doesn't make sense to me if this is V1 (from 2009):
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f118/omicron-26824/

If that's not the case (the units in the photos are some other Omicron version?) I guess it makes more sense as there's more models out there than I thought.

Thanks for trying to straighten me out.....not that it's all that important, I'd still like to know.

OF

Edit: Corrected wrong version number

OF,

JoeKickass

While I do like the no timeout I'm not really wild about the increase in size of the v2 Omicron. I'll prob keep my v1.1 for travel and get a Persei for no-timeout hits.

Will the old style batteries still be available for v1.1 users years down the road for $30 after warrenty?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Thanks. So V1.1 came out in the last few weeks and has just become obsolete? Won't have to worry about it.

Still doesn't make sense to me if this is V1 (from 2009):
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f118/omicron-26824/

If that's not the case (the units in the photos are some other Omicron version?) I guess it makes more sense as there's more models out there than I thought.

Thanks for trying to straighten me out.....not that it's all that important, I'd still like to know.

OF

Edit: Corrected wrong version number

V1.1 came out last 2 months. They where just mixed in with our other units.

It was a improvement on the button circuit board and had to use 13600 battery because 14500 shortage but the new Omicron we have been working on for the past 4 months. Version 1.1 was only to hold us over until new unit came out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
JoeKickass said:
While I do like the no timeout I'm not really wild about the increase in size of the v2 Omicron. I'll prob keep my v1.1 for travel and get a Persei for no-timeout hits.

Will the old style batteries still be available for v1.1 users years down the road for $30 after warrenty?

Its actually almost the same size as the current Omicron v1.1

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
V1.1 came out last 2 months. They where just mixed in with our other units.

It was a improvement on the button circuit board and had to use 13600 battery because 14500 shortage but the new Omicron we have been working on for the past 4 months. Version 1.1 was only to hold us over until new unit came out.

Great, all makes sense now. Thanks.

So the black Omicron from a couple of years ago is something else then, not V1.0. I got sidetracked with the half inch shorter part I guess. I'm ready for the test now.....

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Every person that sees my Omicron, and tries it wants one.
I have become a popular guy.. and they are waiting to receive their own!

Vitolo,

kertong

*please delete me*
Vitolo: totally understand - I even showed it to one of the budtenders/dispensary owners over here and she was fascinated with it. She said she had been hearing all about the omicron but hadn't seen one until I showed her mine. I think it may have convinced her to carry the omicron, she loved it!

most people don't believe me when I first tell them about the omicron, even if I'm sitting there with it in my hand. There are just way too many "no way" points that they just lose track of it all. Most of my friends who were familiar with the ivapor/510 ecigs, vaping, MFLB'ing, etc, were the ones most affected, because they could not believe (and keep track) that it has 1) user-refillable carts 2) NO e-liquid or glycol/carrier solution to buy on top of the active ingredient 3) 400+ hits per 1g of extract 4) battery lasts all day if not 2 5) tiny and instant heat-up/ready to puff 6) carts can be carried and swapped to sample diff. strains within seconds

it's amazing! it really has changed my life. I don't know what to do with all my spare time now that I'm not constantly grinding, funneling, waiting on vaporizer heating, swapping mflb batts and chargers, etc etc.

kertong,

VaphingApe415

JoeKickass said:

^wondering the same thing...v1.x look more like traditional ecigs; and the V2 have the look of its older brother (straight cartridge with no cone)...IMHO the v1.x>V2 in stealth vaping...even the thought of coping' a matte black V2 and busting that out in public with a stainless steal cart attached will attract attention? In other words, I'd feel more comfortable vaping v1.x at my seat in public sporting event like a 49ers game than heading to the restroom w/ the V2 to sneak a vape and inhaling fumes from the next stall...
*my omicron (cone+battery) is wrapped in a matte black 3m skin, thanks planetvape.ca*

VaphingApe415,

sparkyvette

I have been looking through the omicron and persei threads. I am debating which one to buy. Stealth I am not worried about as I will mainly use it at home. And now there is a V2 version soon. Any thoughts guys?

sparkyvette,

OF

sparkyvette said:
I have been looking through the omicron and persei threads. I am debating which one to buy. Stealth I am not worried about as I will mainly use it at home. And now there is a V2 version soon. Any thoughts guys?

First thought is looks to me like V1.X units are no more? PV lists out of stock, I can't find it on the THC site and the V1.2 was a stopgap to bridge a battery supply issue as I understand it. The kit no longer comes with two complete units, but rather two batteries for the single V2. The Persei is really not that much more money when you consider the extra batteries and options. It will easily do anything Omicron V2 can an much much more and do it with longer battery life for the same performance. It's a bit larger, of course, but if stealth isn't an issue, that seems not such a big deal. Persei is advertised to drive the full line of proposed carts and accessories, not true of Omicron.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider the extra bucks for Persei.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom