Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

sessnet said:
It cost me over $250 to make a gram of oil, probably not anywhere as good as what is sold in shops :(

Hold the phone, this isn't the batch you were waiting out out work was it?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sessnet said:
wow sorry to hear bout your loss man :/ you should try qwiso with fresh buds, i do it with ABV for free and i yield a few grams with my big jar of abv :) it aint no BHO but its sticky oil thatl vape in the rev or omi fo free!

Xchadb,

StickyShisha2

i am amazed at the battery life of this thing. i would have needed a pocket full of batteries for my prior portable. (and would have emptied and refilled the trench many times)

why are my 2 batteries different? one has a skinny hole down the center of the contact, the other is smooth.

StickyShisha2,

Blind Ike

Greetings fellow Omicronites. I purchased my Omicron (double set) from Elemental Wellness back in early October 2011, could not resist their recommendation, as Elemental has almost always given good advice/recommendations. After a couple of days learning how to use it I came to realize that for me this is the most profound advance in delivery systems since the bong came to my attention back in the mid 60s. I LOVE THIS THING!!!!! Found the FC site around end of October, what a great place to lurk and learn useful information. And the Vaporpedia information is brilliant. I've trashed a few cartridges either through my own clumsiness or by trying a concentrate that wasn't necessarily best suited for this device. Tried many different waxes and oils, prefills and of course Pure Gold, all from Elemental. My fave is for sure the Pure Gold, easy to load, easy to smoke. Tried some 02 and C02 waxes, can't recall the names, and as others have said I found the lighter waxes worked best. Pain to fill though. Once tried some Jamaican Lion Taffy, too difficult to work with for filling and vaping and it ruined the cartridge. Now mostly use PG, and following the tips and tricks mentioned on this board have very few leak or clog issues. I only load .5g at a time and refill when close to empty, tried loading a full gram once and got flue backup so won't do that again. I take my Omicron everywhere I go, it is so discreet that I use it in bars, at dinner parties, damn near anywhere. And of course my friends all want one. I've found my medicine expenses to be somewhat lower using the Omicron because it is so efficient. Smoke flowers less often now, Only regret is that as a very early Omicron adapter the fill tool was not yet invented so of course couldn't be included in the kit. This is a great product offered at a fair price. Amen.

Blind Ike,
sessnet said:
I am waiting for the Persei...I am considering that model. But, I have a Revolution, and I made some of my own oil.

It cost me over $250 to make a gram of oil, probably not anywhere as good as what is sold in shops :(

I'll just have to hope that Xchadb sends me some moonrocks to cure my depression.

Damn sessnet. Im in the same boat as you but 250 a gram? What i do is buy an eighth-five grams of chron and i grind that and blast it. I always end up with atleast .8

Are you makin BHO or ISO?
Xchad suggested iso from fresh buds but i suggest you dont do that. Iso can make good quality product but the yield is lower and usually not as potent as bho. I iso my ABV though.

I hope i could help.

VaporBoxed,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
QWISO. I must have messed up somehow. I rushed to make it - so I didn't dry it. That was probably it. I didn't grind it up to avoid chlorophyll. I am scared of doing BHO because of that exploded fridge picture.

What disheartens me is:

No matter what I make - I will not know how it compares to the "real" thing. It's almost pointless trying. I've got to suck it up, and move on.

sessnet,
Ah i see. When i make qwiso i use a blowdryer to dry it. It stinks up the whole house but it dries up real fast.
I saw that picture SMH. Why did he put it in an electric freezer ? Some people really have no common sense.

Its a safe process if you take the right precautions. I wish we lived close to eachother so i could show you how easy it is. If you know what your doing its almost impossible to screw up. But its okay i dont want to try to change your mind i feel ya.

I wish you the best of luck in your next hash making process :peace:

VaporBoxed,

OF

sessnet said:
QWISO. I must have messed up somehow. I rushed to make it - so I didn't dry it. That was probably it. I didn't grind it up to avoid chlorophyll. I am scared of doing BHO because of that exploded fridge picture.

A bummer, for sure. But you still have the material, right? If you didn't wash the THC out of it with the ISO, it's still there, right? I say, dry it well and have another go!

OF

OF,

StickyShisha2

they're sending me a replacement usb charger. i know i broke it and i told them so, but they covering it anyway.

:cheer:

StickyShisha2,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
StickyShisha said:
i am amazed at the battery life of this thing. i would have needed a pocket full of batteries for my prior portable. (and would have emptied and refilled the trench many times)

why are my 2 batteries different? one has a skinny hole down the center of the contact, the other is smooth.

The hole was an artifact of manufacturing and has since been eliminated on the newest batteries. There is no functional difference. The one without the hole is a little easier to clean in case of leaks...

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Time.
The answer is time.
I was scared of making BHO too.
Now it is second nature, and I do it all of the time.
Qwiso too... you get better and better.
Time.
The best teacher.... Time.
sessnet said:
No matter what I make - I will not know how it compares to the "real" thing. It's almost pointless trying. I've got to suck it up, and move on.
You will know.
You will try other oils
You will see it all! ;)

Vitolo,

OF

Vitolo said:
Time.
The answer is time.
I was scared of making BHO too.
Now it is second nature, and I do it all of the time.
Qwiso too... you get better and better.
Time.
The best teacher.... Time.
sessnet said:
You will know.
You will try other oils
You will see it all! ;)

Ah! The Sage of the High Desert, and in classic form......

That's about a tick and a half off being Biblical, at least.

Brother Vitolo, yer an inspiration to us all. If we needed a Spokesdude, you'd be on my short list.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

DubCRider said:
I think March is the projected month. It could come sooner, who knows!

I need the herb cart or the nail cart in February. I physically need it to live. My muscles have forgotten how to do anything other than use the Omicron and my bubble hash has gone unused for months...

EDIT: but Sun Butter from Harborside Oakland is going crazy on me... only 60% and it knocks pure gold on it's ass...

JoeKickass,

DubCRider

In a another post it was stated by THCScientific that it would :o

Nice Joe, I'll give that butter a spread on some toasted Omicron!

DubCRider,

BrownsBearsBeers

you should get a 15% yield on average when making your own bho.
practice makes perfect and read up all you can on it.

i am curious to try the Secondary polar re-extraction found here but using a glass tube or the thermos technique. both found here icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=168388

i love my Omicron. I take it out with me everywhere and so efficient.

BrownsBearsBeers,

JoeKickass

DubCRider said:
In a another post it was stated by THCScientific that it would :o

Nice Joe, I'll give that butter a spread on some toasted Omicron!

I was thinking about driving down to Santa Cruz to check out CHAI... but look what Harborside SJ just added:

The Purp's SM
bhtuj.jpg

Rasberry Kusk SM
cwnnH.jpg

And their white fire og SM looks nice too...
GDBkr.jpg

One day I'll make it down to SC :rolleyes:

JoeKickass,

dankd420

DubCRider said:
That Raspberry Kush looks unreal! If it's a Px(pure xtracts) extra bonus!

I've had mixed results with Px extracts. They are certainly quality(light blonde color, no crackling when lit, etc), but the two i tried(power plant and i think the other was sour og) were lacking in any kind of flavor.

dankd420,

Darb

How long are you guys using a cart before its worn out?
Is there any way to clean the carts out?
Does anybody know of plans for a leakproof cart?

Darb,
Top Bottom