Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

[removed]

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. No selling or soliciting items on the forum. No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts.

darthvaper,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
SlideOrDie said:
Vitolo said:
SlideOrDie said:
From the pics it looks like oil is leaking from your carts?
A drop of oil does appear on the contact point some times... but I would not say the carts leak... it is a very minor small droplet.

I must have not owned mine long enough to see this yet :)

Thanks for the heads up though Vitolo!

Welcome,

as a new user a lot of the common questions and wisdom from this thread and the manufacturer has been captured in a vaporpedia wiki article here. I added a lot more info lately including a lot of FAQ's from new users. I hope this helps you and any other new users out. I know it would have saved me a ton of frustration. If you have any suggestions for improvements please let me know.

ru_frothi,
I just bought the omicron double, and I've been using a very runny, but potent C02 based oil. Whenever I draw through the omi, i hear a bubbling noise, and every time i use it it leaks from where the cart connects to the battery. I wiped down the treads after this problem first arose, and it still leaks after I start hitting the omi. It has wasted so much of my expensive oil I'm not sure what to do. 'Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

omgburrito,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
omgburrito said:
I just bought the omicron double, and I've been using a very runny, but potent C02 based oil. Whenever I draw through the omi, i hear a bubbling noise, and every time i use it it leaks from where the cart connects to the battery. I wiped down the treads after this problem first arose, and it still leaks after I start hitting the omi. It has wasted so much of my expensive oil I'm not sure what to do. 'Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Cartridges where never made for very runny liquids. You need almost solid, or solid.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
omgburrito said:

Thanks
All you can do is shorter sessions.

Jeppy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
omgburrito said:

Thanks

How much are you loading at once? I have read in several places that thicker oils that melt but are more solid at room temp. work best for the Omicron. What kind of extract are you using, meaning what was the solvent used that would make it so runny? I had the thought that you might want to try only loading the 1/2 gram instead of a full gram at a time, to see if that doesn't help with the loss.

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

Joe's Smoke Report for Today

Dream Queen (Pure Extract) from Elemental - Super potent with a mild taste like other pure extracts. I wonder if it's the same stuff at CHAI?

Velvet Kush Canna-Nectar from Harborside SJ - Best tasting thing I've ever had out of an Omicron, no joke. Like roses and strawberry ice cream :ko:

Found out the Canna-Nectar's are a true co2 extract, but they aren't very solid at room temp. Because of this they really don't work very well in the Omicron... it's a shame since they taste so damn good but I find I have to clean the cart constantly even with a fresh battery...

JoeKickass,

Mflbparox

another company needs to hurry up and mak a herb cart attchment for the omicron that we can buy lolol way to anxious :D

Mflbparox,

OF

Mflbparox said:
another company needs to hurry up and mak a herb cart attchment for the omicron that we can buy lolol way to anxious :D

Actually it seems to me like we just had a maker that claimed to have done just that? Not for the Omicron, but for standard e-cigs (same battery save the threads). It seems to have been a scam in that it's not a vaporizer but an 'electric pipe'.

For sure there's a lot of folks out there looking for ways to make money, a herb cart is an obvious way, if it was easy to do, it would be done IMO.

I now waiting is lame, but IMO it's the best deal we have going. I don't want to rush THC, nor keep bugging him with 'when will it be?'. I think he's quite driven enough. When it's ready, he'll deliver it.....and I bet it's worth the wait.

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

hopefully it comes out before my college goes on spring break, i plan on takin the herb cart down to panama city!!!!!!!

Mflbparox,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
JoeKickass said:
Joe's Smoke Report for Today

Dream Queen (Pure Extract) from Elemental - Super potent with a mild taste like other pure extracts. I wonder if it's the same stuff at CHAI?

Velvet Kush Canna-Nectar from Harborside SJ - Best tasting thing I've ever had out of an Omicron, no joke. Like roses and strawberry ice cream :ko:

Found out the Canna-Nectar's are a true co2 extract, but they aren't very solid at room temp. Because of this they really don't work very well in the Omicron... it's a shame since they taste so damn good but I find I have to clean the cart constantly even with a fresh battery...

The Dream Queen at Elemental had the PX logo branding which was identical in design and placement to the entire line of concentrates they carried at CHAI. So IMO yes its the same and they had it on sale for $30 out the door.

Jealous of the tasty stuff. Nice to have choices... If its anything like the pure gold which is the runniest stuff I have tried. Here's some tips I use to deal with the liquidy nature of pure gold.

Try loading only 1/2 g at a time. putting a full g in seems to cause gravity to cause more leaks.

As G said with Pure Gold. let it cool down for 3 minutes after 2 x 7 second presses. you don't want to get it to hot. (definetely will leak)

After your done pressing the button inhale slowly and help it cool down. If you can remember hit again and 30/60 seconds and clear any pop clog building. This helps insure its clear next you want to use.

Don't use the white cap.

I also tested with pure gold carrying the cart attached or detcached in my pocket outdoors doing physical activities. Attached 4 Sure!!!! That way if it does leak it contains the leak versus having it leak MORE in your pocket. At least in my thermovape style real world tests. Most all of this is just my specific techniques for dealing with pure gold. I'm not that careful with other products but its priced like pure gold I don't want to waste too much!
and play with draw rate. oil, earwax, pg, NitroOg, and different manufactures of each all seem to like a different draw techniques and different priming durations.

Maybe some other folks with any success with runny liquids could share their success. Who knows, it may not be possible and thats why we need a leak proof cart.

Certainly seems there is trade off of flavor and potency at some point in the extraction process. keeping the terps while getting super high potency.

and Why does NitroOG look like a milky way bar... Those guys are completely out but are working furiously making more according to an email I saw....

ru_frothi,

OF

rufrothy said:
JoeKickass said:

Jealous of the tasty stuff. Nice to have choices... If its anything like the pure gold which is the runniest stuff I have tried. Here's some tips I use to deal with the liquidy nature of pure gold.

Try loading only 1/2 g at a time. putting a full g in seems to cause gravity to cause more leaks.

As G said with Pure Gold. let it cool down for 3 minutes after 2 x 7 second presses. you don't want to get it to hot. (definetely will leak)

I was in Elemental the other day and this exact topic came up. The Budtender had what I thought was an interesting idea. He said he liked to mix PG with wax or supermelts 1:1 or 1:2. He likened it to 'spiking' a bowl of herb with hash. Said it fixed his leaks. I haven't tried it, but it seems at least reasonable?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
OF said:
Mflbparox said:

Actually it seems to me like we just had a maker that claimed to have done just that? Not for the Omicron, but for standard e-cigs (same battery save the threads). It seems to have been a scam in that it's not a vaporizer but an 'electric pipe'.

For sure there's a lot of folks out there looking for ways to make money, a herb cart is an obvious way, if it was easy to do, it would be done IMO.

I now waiting is lame, but IMO it's the best deal we have going. I don't want to rush THC, nor keep bugging him with 'when will it be?'. I think he's quite driven enough. When it's ready, he'll deliver it.....and I bet it's worth the wait.

OF

atmos raw

very true, if it was "just that easy" don't you think itd be done a long time ago? and thatd we be fine tuning it at this point, but we havent even reached step one, i love how companies just step in and fail HORRIBLY, thinking they're gonna like step in and just take the cake? haha.

i have a lot of faith with THC as i dont think he would release a product that would even come close to burning anything, he prob knows how much we all hate combustion, why release something thats a fail? laziness.

Xchadb,

Keak420

Chai has some evil 83% sour og budder px. Mixed it with pure gold and can still taste the sour taste!!

Keak420,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
rufrothy said:
JoeKickass said:

I was in Elemental the other day and this exact topic came up. The Budtender had what I thought was an interesting idea. He said he liked to mix PG with wax or supermelts 1:1 or 1:2. He likened it to 'spiking' a bowl of herb with hash. Said it fixed his leaks. I haven't tried it, but it seems at least reasonable?

OF

sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for sharing

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Keak420 said:
Chai has some evil 83% sour og budder px. Mixed it with pure gold and can still taste the sour taste!!

Saw that and that Sour had 3% CBN versus 3% CBD on the DreamQueen to go with all that THC to add some nice variations to the medicine. ymmm

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys all i can say is wait, we just dont make vaporizers, we innovate.

Slapping a ceramic heater core on a battery and just giving it energy, is not innovation.

All these companies that are now jumping into the industry we created can at least say thank you, before they go around bashing our products so they can get into collectives and stores.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Xchadb said:
very true, if it was "just that easy" don't you think itd be done a long time ago? and thatd we be fine tuning it at this point, but we havent even reached step one, i love how companies just step in and fail HORRIBLY, thinking they're gonna like step in and just take the cake? haha.

i have a lot of faith with THC as i dont think he would release a product that would even come close to burning anything, he prob knows how much we all hate combustion, why release something thats a fail? laziness.

Sadly, I think I can answer that second question for you. I think most of them are looking to release something to make them money. If the product itself fails, but they make money from it, that's fine with a lot of business models. You don't think these 'canna-cig' clowns rebranding the Omicrons are really trying to improve market access rather than fleece investors out of their hard earned money do you? I sure don't.

Keak420 said:

Cool. Did it stop it from leaking?

rufrothy said:
sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for sharing

You're welcome. Just remember, it's not my idea, the Budtender suggested it. If it messes up your Omicron, let me know and I'll meet you there and will point him out to you......

OF

OF,

Darb

Can the lower resistance carts for the persei be used in the omicron for bigger clouds?

Darb,

Mflbparox

Gentleman is making an herb cart too, i wonder which will be released first :rolleyes: but im happy with my mflb power adapter for now

Mflbparox,

OF

Darb said:
Can the higher resistance carts for the persei be used in the omicron for bigger clouds?

Yes, and no. Yes, you can use them, but not for 'bigger clouds'. Higher resistance is lower current. Lower current is less power. If you want to deliver more power and don't want to raise the voltage like Persei does you want lower resistance, like the 'flower cart' is rumored to be.

In broad terms Persei doubles the performance (per cart) by doubling the power. From 6 to 12 or 14 Watts. It does this by raising the voltage, not the current. Therefore the higher resistance carts to go with the higher voltages.

Or so I understand things.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom