Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
charliedontsurf said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

That's F'd up. You can't innovate for five minutes until people are knocking you off.
Those guys are serious .. They have knock-off of No2,3-4 types of Iolites.. ,Vape pen/Omicron...

Abysmal Vapor,

kronus

Quick question

I loaded my first cart with a mix of Puregold and Budder and first couple hits was AMAZING nice clouds

After that the clouds were less cloudy and I notice when I blow down the "vapor" comes out through the little vents but when I draw I can't get the clouds that I used to

Tried putting paperclip through hole and topping up more pure gold

Any tips is most appreciated to get the Omicron getting nice clouds again

kronus,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
charliedontsurf said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

That's F'd up. You can't innovate for five minutes until people are knocking you off.

are they knocking them off or are they THC Scentifics contract manufacturer trying to sell these without a middle man?

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
kronus said:
Quick question

I loaded my first cart with a mix of Puregold and Budder and first couple hits was AMAZING nice clouds

After that the clouds were less cloudy and I notice when I blow down the "vapor" comes out through the little vents but when I draw I can't get the clouds that I used to

Tried putting paperclip through hole and topping up more pure gold

Any tips is most appreciated to get the Omicron getting nice clouds again

1. dont blow into the unit.
2. take lighter and heat the top part of the cart gently to allow the concentrate to settle down. earwax gets stuck in the carts easily and often needs some warming to get it to settle.

Lots of good info for newbies and questions answered in the vaporpedia wiki link in my sig below. check it out...

ru_frothi,
rufrothy said:
charliedontsurf said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

are they knocking them off or are they THC Scentifics contract manufacturer trying to sell these without a middle man?

Good point, it might be.

charliedontsurf,

OF

rufrothy said:

Does that really matter? The ethics seem very clear to me either way.

Looked at this is clearly criminal (counterfeiting, forgery, and fraud are a few of the ideas that come to mind). Then again when it comes to 'enlightened interests' are factored in somehow most folks can see past 'criminal accomplice' all the way to 'Napster supporter'. The drug smugglers that dump hard drugs on our streets are right, our demand (willingness to pay) is the lure. If nobody would buy, nobody will build.

Pogo was right you know. "They is us".

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
rufrothy said:

Looked at this is clearly criminal (counterfeiting, forgery, and fraud are a few of the ideas that come to mind). Then again when it comes to 'enlightened interests' are factored in somehow most folks can see past 'criminal accomplice' all the way to 'Napster supporter'. The drug smugglers that dump hard drugs on our streets are right, our demand (willingness to pay) is the lure. If nobody would buy, nobody will build.

OF

I would like to agree but we dont know what the contract between the parties says. Maybe THC Scientifc gets paid when they sell em this way. your likely right I just try not to make assumptions without knowing some details first. I'm sure G will chime in.....

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Sup guys, I don't know why they have our logo on their site. We did contact these guys 6 months ago to get some herb chamber samples, that is all the business we did with them.

Guess they think the Omicron is up their with iolight.

They never had samples of my cartridges, and I don't think they know what they are selling. 500 for 80 is bullshit. Its a plastic tank I bet.

And here's another update.

Our engineers are here but our production is there.

Btw they have yet to deliver our samples.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

OF said:
rufrothy said:

OF

Even if they did get a hold of an actual Omicron and manage to produce more, the company is based out of China. There is no intellectual property rights in China, people who make copyrighted stuff cheaper are seen to be making a lower quality product for people who can't afford the real deal. You can't sue someone who isn't breaking a law on their homeland... This has been going on for generations there and the only real protection you can have is to have your device be too complicated for them or use some expensive material that they can't get for a cheap price. Luckily, the Omicron satisfies both of those (I think)

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Sup guys, I don't know why they have our logo on their site. We did contact these guys 6 months ago to get some herb chamber samples, that is all the business we did with them.

Guess they think the Omicron is up their with iolight.

They never had samples of my cartridges, and I don't think they know what they are selling. 500 for 80 is bullshit. Its a plastic tank I bet.

And here's another update.

Our engineers are here but our production is there.

Btw they have yet to deliver our samples.

Are these the flower carts or the leakless carts that are being worked on right now?

JoeKickass,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Ripping off a simple vape wouldn't be hard compared to some of the other copies I have seen.

One of my competitors ripped off numerous electronics products including copying the Printed circuit board, copying the chips, copying the code and even the documentation. All the same bugs all the same typos all the same watermarks. That company is Huawei. they have grown to a 20 Billion dollar a year company using these tactics and there primary source of venture capital was the chinese government.

And that's not to say they didn't get them from there buddy that works for the real THC Scientific OEM and that they would divert parts to try and avoid getting caught. perils of doing business in China.

I've been there. feel sorry for ya G.

ru_frothi,

OF

rufrothy said:
I would like to agree but we dont know what the contract between the parties says. Maybe THC Scientifc gets paid when they sell em this way. your likely right I just try not to make assumptions without knowing some details first. I'm sure G will chime in.....

Point well taken. Perhaps they had a license agreement with the Irish to make Iolights too?

Rather, I'm pointing to our willingness to buy fake Vapor Genies with lead paint and other gear from LHS cases with cheap junk in them for the sake of personal convenience (cheaper or faster usually).

We just add our 'nod and a wink' to the Chinese Governments. We know what's right, how we'd like to be treated. Hey, it's only a few bucks, right? Enlightened self interest.......

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys like i said, they have taken our idea when we first contacted them back in the day for the chambers, and i made the mistake of telling them how it was going to be used, guess they made it before we did.

Goes to show you we are really working on a herb chamber.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Keak420

Jeppy said:
I'm definately sold. However, there is something I'm not to keen on. I paid $80 for a gram of Pure gold. I normally vape a 1/8 a week of flowers. I need a connection! :cool:

Few places in Santa Cruz have them for 30 a half g :]

Keak420,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I heard China has Pure Gold for $3 a vial. Instead of Limonene in it, they use a Chinese urinene additive. :o

Jeppy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
DSC_3462__31674_zoom.JPG

DSC_3452r__17121_zoom.JPG

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Ok so after a day or so of playing around with it, I have the draw rate just about figured out and I can keep cartridges from leaking pretty much every time I use the Omicron. So I would say, in terms of a learning curve, that the Omicron is pretty close to the mflb. Tricky for the first time user but it can be perfected pretty quickly.

My only gripe is the damn white caps. They are a messy bitch to take off & they take forever to get back on because they keep popping back out. Yeah if you let the cartridge cool they will go on ok and stay on, but what do you do for that quick hit?

For even the smallest hit you have to:
Screw on sleeve,
Remove the white cap from the cartridge,
Clean fingers and cap,
Screw on cartridge & mouthpiece,
Take hit,
Replace cap & wait 10 seconds,
Push cap back down,
Wait while cap pushes itself back off,
Repeat ten more times or my personal favorite:
Get frustrated and jam it down the fuck in there and never get it out again...

If you try to hit it with the cap on the cartridge leaks.
If you try to leave the cap off the oil runs out & fills up the mouthpiece.
Are there any tips from the pro's for how to do a quick Omicron hit? Like under five minutes?

THC SCIENTIFIC said:

:o Drool

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Joe lot of people keep the white rubber cap off unless they are putting it down on its side. You dont need the white rubber cap unless your going to store the cartridge.

We are working on a different cap system to help with this issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Most of us throw the white cap away when we open the cartridge container. I don't know anyone who uses the white cap except with the Pure Gold because its so liquidy it will leak out otherwise. Both G and DubC said to throw em away. oils and earwax will not leak out without one unless you get it superhot and store it on its side. Let it cool off for 30 seconds before storing it and your good to go.

me personally never used a white cap on over 10 carts and different concentrates and never had any come back out the top.

G: does that mean your ready ship?

we want to see a video of the nail cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Joe lot of people keep the white rubber cap off unless they are putting it down on its side. You dont need the white rubber cap unless your going to store the cartridge.

Oh ok, yeah I had been storing everything in the case on it's side. So I guess for quickness of use you would want to keep a cart pre-assembled with a mouthpiece?

JoeKickass,

OF

Jeppy said:
I heard China has Pure Gold for $3 a vial. Instead of Limonene in it, they use a Chinese urinene additive. :o

Yup, and I hear some guys like it better. "Huge clouds".

In a somewhat serious vein, a friend has a memento from a trip to Nepal a lot of years back. It's an 'advisory to travelers' warning put out by American Express to the effect that locals were selling fake hash made of animal dung and local shoe polish to westerners. It included a caution that 'this cannot always be determined by testing'...... In college we found it was easy to get a new guy stoned if everyone else knew it was tea in the joint but didn't let on. Fun.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Oh ok, yeah I had been storing everything in the case on it's side. So I guess for quickness of use you would want to keep a cart pre-assembled with a mouthpiece?

even on its side most concentrates wont leak out. Think about it. If its solid at room temp before you loaded it its still solid at room temp after you load it. unless you just lay a hot unit down sideways this is not an issue from what I can tell outside pure gold.

ru_frothi,

OF

JoeKickass said:

I keep several units loaded and ready. I just stand 'em up when not in use. I use the caps when I'm storing of course, but never put it on hot. Think about it, what's pushing the cap back out? Pressure. From stuff evaporating from the hot oil. Vapor, just what we're looking for. But it's pressure. Cork it up and if it doesn't blow the top out it'll just push some oil past the seal along the wick into the second chamber.

If you're going to put it all back in the case each time (something I do occasionally as well), just keep track of which end is up when you put the case down. In my case, it determines which end goes up in the coat pocket (bag or drawer for that matter).

IMO this rascal is made to ride in a shirt pocket, ready for a quick hit or two on demand.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ruff ill see about posting a nail cartridge video after the holidays. Just to much on my plate at the moment.

Herb Cart, 710 Special, Project X, Alpha, Centauri, 8, and

The persei is being being assembled right now, and we are working on the manuals.

The Herb Cartridge we are working on is out of this world.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom