Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Caligula

Maximus
Is it safe to pulse the button. I've been doing that which helps but still light. Scared that be chain hitting or pulsing my kiss cart will burn out faster. Also is it normal for the wick to he wrapped only three times.

Yes its fine. As long as youre inhaling and you still have oil covering the coil, you can ride the button (or pulse it) as long as you want on a 3.7v cart.

Caligula,
Reactions: Vicki

kaisersosay415

yes three is ok but you put in .3 and its not heating up?

Just feel like it's not getting warm enough to make thicker vapor. Also. I've seen people wicks turn back to whit after burning. Mine still looks like it's had something still on the wick but not on coil

Sorry for all the questions.

kaisersosay415,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Differences of omicron v2 vs v2.5?

Thanks in advance...

The v2 limits the voltage at 3.7v where it was easier to use the carts while the v2.5 goes full battery voltage and reaches 4.2v also the v2.5 has improved electronics that allows you to use loads down to 1 ohm without any issues, as well as the HVD versions of the v2.5 allow you to use the core at will 7.4v.

assman

The v2 limits the voltage at 3.7v where it was easier to use the carts while the v2.5 goes full battery voltage and reaches 4.2v also the v2.5 has improved electronics that allows you to use loads down to 1 ohm without any issues, as well as the HVD versions of the v2.5 allow you to use the core at will 7.4v.

Follow up question....hopefully not a dumb one. But how does the v2.5 reach 4.2 volts when the batteries are 3.7 volts (according to link below)?

What is the ohm threshold for the v2? Wondering if the 1.5 ohm will give the v2 any problems....

http://www.w9tech.com/omicron-ti-series-essential-oil-vaporizer/

Last edited:
assman,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC just to be clear you can run an SR71/74 on an Omicron using the HVD head and the Core insert, correct? Is it possible to do on battery power?

hvd top needed for the core and herc combo yes, but the thing is someone was using a herc on a omi lite looking battery which got me interested, if they can do that then the SS kit on a omicron should work on a herc but we where not able to reproduce the vapor quantity
Follow up question....hopefully not a dumb one. But how does the v2.5 reach 4.2 volts when the batteries are 3.7 volts?

http://www.w9tech.com/omicron-ti-series-essential-oil-vaporizer/

3.7v is the rated voltage thats nominal but a fully charged 3.7v battery actually reads 4.2v, hope that helps.

assman

Couple of easy ones for you vets....

1) seems dry burning is the root of most people's headaches but I've read multiple times to test the original cartridges before loading you need to see the coil getting hot through the air hole...maybe my definition of dry burning or dry hit is incorrect.

2) Keep hearing about the foil test but not a lot of details. What criteria provides for a passing foil test vs a failing one. Melting speed? Residues? Etc....

Thanks in advance

assman,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Before buying the Persei, I was using the Herc SR-71 on my Omicron HVD and the Core. Works perfectly on the Core. Even in the car! I had no luck using the Black(3.7) rod and battery power. I would puff and puff and just get wisps. It just didn't have the battery power.
@THC SCIENTIFIC, is there a tube for the Omicron to allow for 7.4v battery use?

@assman the "foil test" involves taking a small bit of concentrate and putting it on a piece of foil. Put a flame under and watch how the concentrate behaves. You want to see it beginning to run. It should also leave no "gunk" behind after burning.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Before buying the Persei, I was using the Herc SR-71 on my Omicron HVD and the Core. Works perfectly on the Core. Even in the car! I had no luck using the Black(3.7) rod and battery power. I would puff and puff and just get wisps. It just didn't have the battery power.
@THC SCIENTIFIC, is there a tube for the Omicron to allow for 7.4v battery use?

@assman the "foil test" involves taking a small bit of concentrate and putting it on a piece of foil. Put a flame under and watch how the concentrate behaves. You want to see it beginning to run. It should also leave no "gunk" behind after burning.

was it the 14500 or the 14650 battery you used.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
was it the 14500 or the 14650 battery you used.

That was before my SS kit so I think it was the 14500. I have also tried the. Persei with the black rod without too much success. Maybe I have not been patient enough with it.

DieHard,

topflopper

hi, new to the forum and to bho. looking to buy first portable vape and seriously considering omicron with kiss cart cuz i've read that ceramic wick is the way to go. i've been reading through the threads but just want to make sure of a couple things. hoping you guys can take a sec to educate a new convert:

1) the bho i can get is not liquid oil and not solid shatter or whipped wax either, it is viscous and sticky stuff, amber color. would this be considered oil or wax? is this suitable for the kiss cart? do i just load right on the coil?

2) i wouldn't trust myself to rebuild an atomizer myself, so is my only option when it burns out to replace the whole thing with mouthpiece ($25) or is there a cheaper option where i can just replace the bowl with wick and coil?

3) i have read on these threads about some problems with the kiss cart and @THC SCIENTIFIC saying to stand by on these issues. do you think it's best to hold off on buying right now or look into other options besides omicron?

Thanks!

topflopper,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
hi, new to the forum and to bho. looking to buy first portable vape and seriously considering omicron with kiss cart cuz i've read that ceramic wick is the way to go. i've been reading through the threads but just want to make sure of a couple things. hoping you guys can take a sec to educate a new convert:

1) the bho i can get is not liquid oil and not solid shatter or whipped wax either, it is viscous and sticky stuff, amber color. would this be considered oil or wax? is this suitable for the kiss cart? do i just load right on the coil?

2) i wouldn't trust myself to rebuild an atomizer myself, so is my only option when it burns out to replace the whole thing with mouthpiece ($25) or is there a cheaper option where i can just replace the bowl with wick and coil?

3) i have read on these threads about some problems with the kiss cart and @THC SCIENTIFIC saying to stand by on these issues. do you think it's best to hold off on buying right now or look into other options besides omicron?

Thanks!
the concentrates that you described should work fine on the KISS cart. If you should burn out a KISS your options for now are: Replace, Rebuild, or contact @Sleepin in CA in the classifieds. He offers rebuild service and kits.
The customer service provided by W9 Tech is second to none. Buy with confidence. You will not be disappointed. IMO.

topflopper

the concentrates that you described should work fine on the KISS cart. If you should burn out a KISS your options for now are: Replace, Rebuild, or contact @Sleepin in CA in the classifieds. He offers rebuild service and kits.
The customer service provided by W9 Tech is second to none. Buy with confidence. You will not be disappointed. IMO.

thx guys. do the kiss carts last much longer than regular wick atomizers? cuz other models i've looked out come with 2 or 3 replacements. is that cuz they're cheap and need replacing more often?

topflopper,
Top Bottom