Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
We should bro.. that would be cool! Im sure you would surprise the shit out of me with what youd be able to produce with the OMI. Ill bring my pen, notepad and the essentials. :spliff:

Ill try and send a "conversation" note to you sometime this weekend. We have a three day upon us so should be time for us to meet and get a good session in. :cheers:

Trust me, after a session with DubC you'll come away cross-eyed and drooling. The man is a heavy hitter! :ko:

No, the man gets fan mail from heavy hitters. He's in a different league.

When heavy hitters grow up, they want to be just like him.........

OF
How sure are you OF?
In Persei post #4109, DubC says "not a breakfast drink" about something close to my every morning "wake-up" (and that doesn't last me the entire morning). I doubt anyone whose primary consumption method is inhalation has a _very_ high tolerance level :) though I guess everything is relative.

DubC, if you PM me, I'll try and visit you next time I'm in or near S.F. - I'll bring some caps and "breath spray" and we'll see how you hold up :) (We'd have to make sure make sure it is either early enough for you to recover or late enough for you to sleep)

-NDA

Nick Again,
Nick if dub takes that challenge I'll then challange you to survive the jungle juice.
G,
It was specifically your jungle juice I was making reference to. It seems much weaker than what I drink now each morning - and I used to have another medical issue (endocrine, but in remission) and used to need much more. You said 2lb of hash (a kilo?) - guessing bubble - plus three "trees" - guessing a few pounds, in 3 GALLONS. Jeez - that's weak (what 7-8% THC overall?) , unless the alcohol is too much - and a few shots of 151 in the morning isn't too much (which I'm sure my doctors _wouldn't_ approve of). I could show up early and I'd need at least few shots for strength before I tried walking around, and I LOVE walking around S.F.

Maybe we'll see :)

-NDA

EDIT: G, If you'll spring for pizza for breakfast, or even Mediterranean food (Armenian?) for breakfast, maybe some weekend morning in the next month - I need to visit some people around there anyway. I'll be tied up for a while after that (being retired somehow means no less work - OK, maybe a bit less, but...) :):)

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Nick if your ever in Los angles the valley area let me know, I got lunch or breakfast Armo food it is. And your wrong on the count, it's 4 whole trees colas and all and now 2 pounds hash and 2 pounds of oil. I don't know what the thc count is but it's put some heavy hitters to sleep and I'm talking about guys that can nail a half gram and still walked away. All I'm saying is people hate sleeping in the after noon.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

How sure are you OF?

Oh, I'm pretty sure. He's several SDs above the mean for sure. No doubt there. And he does (literally) get fan mail for his exploits. I suspect the results of many years of vigorous training, kind of the 'Lance Armstrong of vapes' perhaps? An inspiration to many.

There are any number of heavy users in the world, I've known a few and read of others. Hey, if he's still with us, the seven gram blunt guy is out there still. The nature of the drug is such that guys don't really OD on it like some others. Tolerances can get very very high is all. Sounds like you're another example?

Some users are happy for a month or more on the goods others use in a day. I know guys that go though single malt scotch much faster than I do as well, but there the overall range is much smaller.

OF

Nick if your ever in Los angles the valley area let me know, I got lunch or breakfast Armo food it is. And your wrong on the count, it's 4 whole trees colas and all and now 2 pounds hash and 2 pounds of oil. I don't know what the thc count is but it's put some heavy hitters to sleep and I'm talking about guys that can nail a half gram and still walked away. All I'm saying is people hate sleeping in the after noon.
G, I don't get to LA much for a long time. But 40+ years ago, Wednesday nights on Van Nuys Blvd (is that legal anymore?). And there was no Tommy's in the Valley - You needed to go to Hollywood or at least Eagle Rock, and they didn't sell fry's yet (You had to stop at In-And-Out to pick up frys). Oh, and the girls from Winnetka Tech (does it get called that still? or just "Pierce" now). I spent too much time with my days in Chatsworth (nice area) and my nights clubbing in West Hollywood in those years too. From that period, I miss two things - Chili burgers and Armenian food - unique to LA (at least SoCal. So are French Dip's, Reubens with dressing, and Thousand Island on everything, but...) There is some decent Armenian in S.F, but generally I have to "settle" for Lebonese (which is often labelled as "Greek" - still good, but not the same, as I'm sure you know :)).

I guess I lived in LA for a long time, though a while ago. I miss a few things, but I don't miss the summers though :)

-NDA

DubCRider

BBQ at my place today if anyone here wants to join, let me know. 1pm the torch/BBQ will be lit, PM or call me.

P.S.- I live in concord now.

BBQ at my place today if anyone here wants to join, let me know. 1pm the torch/BBQ will be lit, PM or call me.

P.S.- I live in concord now.
Sound good AND I have this afternoon free. Too bad I'm about 1500 miles away right now.

For future reference: DubC, Are you anywhere near any transit? (Years ago I worked at one end of the 24 in Oakland - Concord is the otherside IIRC - I wouldn't know how to get there without checking - I usually try not to drive when I'm in or around SF - Parking!)

(for people elsewhere - Freeways are "the" in LA, but not in most of the rest of CA - e.g. "take the 101" instead of "take 101")

-NDA

Nick Again,

DubCRider

I do "the" for freeways too, it's not just you devils down there in Hell-Cal....

Concord is the other end of the 24 from Oakland. You can take BART to the Concord station and I'll swoop you up.

DubCRider,

Erikim

anyone have the phone number to thc's office in van nuys? i have the address, but want to call them up before. thanks in advance!

Erikim,

Erikim

Thank you so so much! So i was able to call and even on such short notice, a nice gentleman at the office was able to help me out right away. Now my omicron is working better than ever, and i'm excited for the weekend.

i was never skeptical on the level of service, but its almost too good to be true lol. thanks again for the help. loving the omicron more and more every day. everyone enjoy your weekend!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok guys so here is the skinny.

3.7v Omicron V2.5 unregulated top.

0.2 grams of herbs

slight charring, slight green specs left soon as i tasted little popcorn flavor. My understanding it had about 4-5 more puffs left.

After 1 bowl about 3-5 minutes of use i can still hold on to the Hercules and its not that hot just warm. Omicron v2 top is slightly warm.

I kept pressing the button and did not let it go, i got slight charring small specs, i wanted to see if i can combust. Does not look like i can.

I would say its abuot 90% efficient from looking as the ABV small specs of green left. That is why i said that can get about 4-5 more puffs out of it.

Now for the fun part.

After 2 bowls of .2 each ( actually .25-.30 Scales off by .05 but i like being conservative ) I have 3.9v left on the battery.

Im gonna toss this one and say you can get 3 full bowls of vaped flower before you need a charge on a single fully charged battery.

My Results have been confirmed retested and tested some more. For this reason The Hercules for herbs at 3.7v is a success.

It will not work with oil on 3.7v just no way.

OF

I have the same comments to make as on the same statement on the Persei thread. I don't think V2.5 is unregulated (basically it's the same animal as V2 with better mechanics?). HVD, OTOH, does seem to be an improvement in output voltage under load. An even larger gain comes from using the long cap and AW IMR 15500s instead of the short cap and the IMR 15650. Using both (HVD and 15500) gives the biggest increase of all.

FWIW, Persei (with the 18650) also delivers this improvement. 3.75 Volts into 1.5 Ohms, not 3.0 like V2.5 with 15650. That .75 Volts is a big improvement in power, from 6.0 Watts to over nine! Perhaps it's enough to do oil???

OF

Silvercloud538

ok guys so here is the skinny.

0.2 grams of herbs

slight charring, slight green specs left soon as i tasted little popcorn flavor. My understanding it had about 4-5 more puffs left.

After 1 bowl about 3-5 minutes of use i can still hold on to the Hercules and its not that hot just warm. Omicron v2 top is slightly warm.

I kept pressing the button and did not let it go, i got slight charring small specs, i wanted to see if i can combust. Does not look like i can.

I would say its abuot 90% efficient from looking as the ABV small specs of green left. That is why i said that can get about 4-5 more puffs out of it.

Now for the fun part.

After 2 bowls of .2 each ( actually .25-.30 Scales off by .05 but i like being conservative ) I have 3.9v left on the battery.

Im gonna toss this one and say you can get 3 full bowls of vaped flower before you need a charge on a single fully charged battery.

My Results have been confirmed retested and tested some more. For this reason The Hercules for herbs at 3.7v is a success.

It will not work with oil on 3.7v just no way.

Congrats :nod: on R&D w/ HERCULES ~ since this device operates @ '3.7 v +' ,can one "presume"

O-PHOS (tethered) :brow: will produce satisfactory results ?

Silvercloud538,
I have the same comments to make as on the same statement on the Persei thread. I don't think V2.5 is unregulated (basically it's the same animal as V2 with better mechanics?). HVD, OTOH, does seem to be an improvement in output voltage under load. An even larger gain comes from using the long cap and AW IMR 15500s instead of the short cap and the IMR 15650. Using both (HVD and 15500) gives the biggest increase of all.

FWIW, Persei (with the 18650) also delivers this improvement. 3.75 Volts into 1.5 Ohms, not 3.0 like V2.5 with 15650. That .75 Volts is a big improvement in power, from 6.0 Watts to over nine! Perhaps it's enough to do oil???

OF
More guesses.

The problem isn''t simply power - an extra volt won't help. I suspect it is the heat delivery distribution, by design. The Hercules is much larger in diameter than the standard Omi carts (or common ecig 510/301 attys), so it seems that the inner chamber has expanded from a "flue" to a "chamber". There are still probably two heaters, but the air path will likely flow downward around the "outside" heater, thus "pre-heating" the air before it reaches its target - i.e. we're not (just) heating the concentrate here.

This conjecture, if correct, would explain why G say herb but no oil at 3.7 volts. If too much of the energy is going to a thick gauge heater outside the chamber but in the air path, there is the opportunity to vape material with a large surface area (e.g. herbal), but a dense solid or liquid would go far too slowly. If the temperatures were at or near the current Omi carts, herbal stuff would char quickly and then not vape further and dense materials would be "easier". The weights and volumes G has given out tell us the volume of the inner chamber is probably close to 2/3 of a milliliter or more - many times the volume heated at the base of a current Omi cart furnace.

Simply, I'm guessing that the area of at least part of the heater is boot too low in temperature and too high physically to allow oil or wax at the bottom of the chamber to vaporize - at least at 3.7 volts and without hitting the 5 Amp switch limits (so whether V1s or O-Phos's will work seems an open question) - With 2-4x the power at 7.4+ volts, I'd guess oil vapes just fine (and a relatively small bottom heater coil would ensure that).

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

OF

More guesses.

The problem isn''t simply power - an extra volt won't help.

I guess it depends on the goal? I agree a 50% boost in power is unlikely to suddenly start vaping oil, but it's worth checking out.

If the goal is using this guy at LV with herbs I disagree, an even more modest improvement in available heat has been most welcome to the 'bigger cloud' contingent. We're talking about twice the 'boost' you get with V2 by going from 2.4 to 1.5 Ohm carts (the real delivered power of V2 being 4.7 and 5.9 Watts respectively, a fairly modest 25% boost there, not the 50% available with both upgrades I suggest). The voltage drop from 3.35 to 2.98 Volts is a real killer there. However, nobody I know doesn't think the improvement there was worth while (in 'bigger clouds' terms). Past a threshold to get 'first vapor' additional energy goes directly to vapor production. A modest increase can give big rewards. The normal heat losses don't go up.

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor

:clap:

I am sooo happy to hear that! I figure it will be 1701 carts for oil and Hercules for flower, and that is totally cool. Will the Herc deal ok with some flower and a drop of pure gold on top? That is my new favorite thing.

Can't wait to pick one up. Go D9V R&D!!

MaxVapor,

Authentic

Persei abuser

OF

Thanks OF. Your research is well appreciated. I just swapped the HVD with the 2.5 "Unregulated" and I did seem to get better performance with the HVD. I hope they release 7.4 heads to replace the 2.5 heads. I see no point in them having different heads. Does this mean we got ripped off by purchasing those 2.5 heads?

I guess it depends on the goal? I agree a 50% boost in power is unlikely to suddenly start vaping oil, but it's worth checking out.

If the goal is using this guy at LV with herbs I disagree, an even more modest improvement in available heat has been most welcome to the 'bigger cloud' contingent. We're talking about twice the 'boost' you get with V2 by going from 2.4 to 1.5 Ohm carts (the real delivered power of V2 being 4.7 and 5.9 Watts respectively, a fairly modest 25% boost there, not the 50% available with both upgrades I suggest). The voltage drop from 3.35 to 2.98 Volts is a real killer there. However, nobody I know doesn't think the improvement there was worth while (in 'bigger clouds' terms). Past a threshold to get 'first vapor' additional energy goes directly to vapor production. A modest increase can give big rewards. The normal heat losses don't go up.

OF
I was only guessing why oil/wax wouldn't work.
Everything you (OF) have ever said about the internal battery and Omi head losses is spot on. Any wasted energy, which we see indirectly as lower voltage under load (or current, if you have a rig to measure it) would be best minimized. The primary losses in most electronic switches is in the FET carrying the current (same for any switching supply - my stereo amp has a pair of Darlingtons that must weigh several pounds each - an old class A/B heater). Anything that reduces _losses_ (and we call them that for a good reason) will translate to more energy for the desired purpose - either faster, better or longer lasting - it HAS to be a win.

I suspect often people gloss over your point because we speak of voltage, while _power_ goes with the square of voltage - So people see 10 or 15% and skip over, without realizing this would be 21 or 32% in _power_ (re. "energy").

You and I aren't the ones testing this. If we were, I'd bet either of us would be doing (some of the) testing at known stable voltages and current using a bench supply instead of "fresh charged or not" batteries. OK, maybe it would just be me :)

-NDA

OF

Thanks OF. Your research is well appreciated. I just swapped the HVD with the 2.5 "Unregulated" and I did seem to get better performance with the HVD. I hope they release 7.4 heads to replace the 2.5 heads. I see no point in them having different heads. Does this mean we got ripped off by purchasing those 2.5 heads?

First off, you're welcome, very glad you found it useful. That was, of course, my goal in posting.......

Yes, I agree, if you're careful you can sense 'hey, this is hotter'. I'm just afraid of the HVD head in terms of it going on 'by itself', if the auto reset 'feature' wasn't there (so lock out could be trusted) I'd feel differently, but it is what it is.

IMO the V2.5 is a better head, the mechanical improvement alone justifies ten bucks to me. Remember, several guys have killed their V2s screwing stuff into them, and I like to experiment and end up trying all sorts of odd stuff. If it was more than ten bucks I might feel different, but I see it as cheap insurance.

I'm looking forward to a lower loss ('unregulated') version when it becomes available, but for now it does a fair job and swapping out the 15650 for the AW 15500 makes it run hotter than the HVD does with the 16500.

The primary losses in most electronic switches is in the FET carrying the current (same for any switching supply - my stereo amp has a pair of Darlingtons that must weigh several pounds each - an old class A/B heater). Anything that reduces _losses_ (and we call them that for a good reason) will translate to more energy for the desired purpose - either faster, better or longer lasting - it HAS to be a win.

Good point, let's hear it for class C....and D for the radio geeks out there, both of them.

It's also worth noting that in the case of the improvement from battery change we're talking about moving the heat from the battery (where we don't want it) to the load (where we do), kind of a double win. Not to mention longer battery life as well and more comfort.

We have little enough power to start with, nice to use as much as possible getting the job done......

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom