Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Blue Dream

So, what's it going to be like to use the nail (when it arrives) on the V2? Will there be a bunch of coughing and hacking? Will one hit pretty much medicate me for a few long hours? (Veteran smoker here)

Blue Dream,

GR

Does the O-Phos come with an A/C converter to plug the USB pass though into?

GR,

OF

I don't know, I would think so. If not ill send one for the price of shipping....I got way to many. Most cell phone chargers are fine, also.

Kind offer but I don't agree with the second part. I've never seen a cell phone charger with the right connector on it. The unit is looking for 5 VDC from the USB port so any number of 'wall warts' that have standard USB sockets on them will accept and drive the cable supplied with the unit and should do fine. The lowest I've ever seen such a unit it 500 mA which should be plenty for a two hour 'flat to full' charge. 1000 mA (the 'high power' USB rating) would be better.

OF

OF,

GR

Now that I think of it I have a ton of iPod/iPhone adaptors .

The O-Phos is for a friend to replace his V2 that needs to be sent back for fix/replacement, he does not have much electronic gear so I want to make sure he has all he needs for charging. The good news about all this is I will end up with the V2 and be all set for the upgrades that are coming.

OF

Now that I think of it I have a ton of iPod/iPhone adaptors .

That little cube unit is in fact what I use, it's smaller than the one shipped with the Omicrons, it fits better in the case. IMO a good call. Should work fine, it does just fine driving the frail little charger than came with the kit.

OF

OF,
Kind offer but I don't agree with the second part. I've never seen a cell phone charger with the right connector on it. The unit is looking for 5 VDC from the USB port so any number of 'wall warts' that have standard USB sockets on them will accept and drive the cable supplied with the unit and should do fine. The lowest I've ever seen such a unit it 500 mA which should be plenty for a two hour 'flat to full' charge. 1000 mA (the 'high power' USB rating) would be better.

OF

Thanks, that's what I meant.... The one charger I have that I would be leary of using, would be a HP tablet charger that is 5.3VDC and 2000mah(2amp).

havealight101,

OF

Thanks, that's what I meant.... The one charger I have that I would be leary of using, would be a HP tablet charger that is 5.3VDC and 2000mah(2amp).

As long as it's a USB port you should be fine, they're standardized so us rookies can't fry stuff. I'd stay away from that supply too, it's an 'over USB spec' unit (sometimes called 'super USB'?) for devices that need more power. As you see they up the voltage a bit which will make the V1 hotter when charging, something best avoided.

Good call. Sounds like you're on track.

Oh, yeah, yer welcome, glad to help.

OF

OF,

StickyShisha2

oh damn, reading this reminded me. I didn't send the wall plug part of the charger back with my upgrade. i never use it so it slipped my mind.

Should i get it in the mail, right now? i don't want any hold up getting my Ophos

StickyShisha2,

OF

oh damn, reading this reminded me. I didn't send the wall plug part of the charger back with my upgrade. i never use it so it slipped my mind.

Should i get it in the mail, right now? i don't want any hold up getting my Ophos

I strongly suspect it will make no difference. They're going to have a huge old pile of them. Easy enough to 'open a ticket' and ask?

OF

OF,

THChemist

Alright so I did call as suggested G, but I guess you missed where I said I was getting mine swapped out by my local coop, because all I got over the phone was an address to send it back.

So I got my Omi V2 swapped out for a new V2, and of course right afterwards I found another issue! I must be really unlucky having 2 brand new V2's be faulty. At least this one doesn't flash 3 times instead of working.

So this Omi does work better than the last (and I noticed the bottom battery cap has a longer pin then it used to, any way I can get another for my 2nd Omi i didn't need to replace?)

But I noticed the button component is completely mis-aligned. And when I got it the spring / pin / plastic from the bottom battery cap were loose in the case and had to be re-assembled. Otherwise it's working better then the 1st one. I don't want to be without a Omi for another week+ so I can send it in, considering it's been 2 weeks since I dropped cash on two and haven't ever been able to use mine properly.

Looks worse in person, center of button smt component is aligned with the top of the clear button
HAAqW.jpg

THChemist,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I strongly suspect it will make no difference. They're going to have a huge old pile of them. Easy enough to 'open a ticket' and ask?

OF
iirc he said battery and charger gets you battery plus charger. you should be fine. feel free to correct me THC Sci, but i think we (as i did the same thing) are in the clear

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Alright so I did call as suggested G, but I guess you missed where I said I was getting mine swapped out by my local coop, because all I got over the phone was an address to send it back.

So I got my Omi V2 swapped out for a new V2, and of course right afterwards I found another issue! I must be really unlucky having 2 brand new V2's be faulty. At least this one doesn't flash 3 times instead of working.

So this Omi does work better than the last (and I noticed the bottom battery cap has a longer pin then it used to, any way I can get another for my 2nd Omi i didn't need to replace?)

But I noticed the button component is completely mis-aligned. And when I got it the spring / pin / plastic from the bottom battery cap were loose in the case and had to be re-assembled. Otherwise it's working better then the 1st one. I don't want to be without a Omi for another week+ so I can send it in, considering it's been 2 weeks since I dropped cash on two and haven't ever been able to use mine properly.

Looks worse in person, center of button smt component is aligned with the top of the clear button
quote]

dude, that really sucks. thank god for warranties. good luck!

Bob Loblaw,

kittyboy

I got my Omicron 2 yesterday. Not sure what is going on but battery charger was just blinking red. There are no Positive Negative marks on charger. No information about decarbing cartridge etc with instructions. Makes Learning Curve steeper when instructions with unit not complete. It would have been easy to say go to Wiki site for all current updates etc. looks feels like a great unit but I wont know if it is working properly until i purchase new cartridge. Suggestion. Put 2 cartridges in kit (dift ohms) so after making the big purchase you are able to see diference before you buy more cartridges..)
Not getting a good flavor from mine seems a little metalic. Wondering if this is normal. Thanks

kittyboy,

THChemist

Does it actually push in crooked or it is just cosmetic?

Without using it for awhile it's hard to say if it will just be a cosmetic problem. The button does feel kind of funny though, and does often go in at a weird angle, clicking on and off sometimes i think if my finger is pressing at the wrong angle

THChemist,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Without using it for awhile it's hard to say if it will just be a cosmetic problem. The button does feel kind of funny though, and does often go in at a weird angle, clicking on and off sometimes i think if my finger is pressing at the wrong angle

Can you show me a clear picture of the button from different angles?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I got my Omicron 2 yesterday. Not sure what is going on but battery charger was just blinking red. There are no Positive Negative marks on charger. No information about decarbing cartridge etc with instructions. Makes Learning Curve steeper when instructions with unit not complete. It would have been easy to say go to Wiki site for all current updates etc. looks feels like a great unit but I wont know if it is working properly until i purchase new cartridge. Suggestion. Put 2 cartridges in kit (dift ohms) so after making the big purchase you are able to see diference before you buy more cartridges..)
Not getting a good flavor from mine seems a little metalic. Wondering if this is normal. Thanks

It is easier to update a website, most likely the manual you have is older version, we keep updating the manual every month as new questions are asked. We are also going to get a knowledge base up and hopefully we can cover all questions. The new manual has parts inside that tell you pre oxidize cartridges this will help with the taste, but we are also implementing this into future production.

If the battery is flashing red means its fully charged, if you have two batteries charging it will turn green.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
It is easier to update a website, most likely the manual you have is older version, we keep updating the manual every month as new questions are asked. We are also going to get a knowledge base up and hopefully we can cover all questions. The new manual has parts inside that tell you pre oxidize cartridges this will help with the taste, but we are also implementing this into future production.

If the battery is flashing red means its fully charged, if you have two batteries charging it will turn green.

but this updated manual is available where? The manual on the Planet Vape for the Persei appears to be the same original Persei manual?

BTW: my V2 bit the dust today. Top flashes 3 times with carts or glows and flickers but produces no heat. already boxed up and headed back to you.

oPhos continues to be my favorite

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

Actually mine will eventually turn green with only one battery as well. When it's flashing the charger is pulsing the current (you can hear it switching) and just finishing up the battery. You can take it off and it will be 95% full or just wait a few more minutes and it should slowly stop blinking.

This charger has quickly become my go-to for charging lithium batteries mainly because of the 700ma charging current and the max charge of 4.23 volts. Serious performance... and you can charge batteries of different sizes/charge levels just fine, I measured at first to be sure but it charged them both to the correct level. In fact it very very slightly undercharged the fullest battery (4.21 volts) but when I pulled it down and let it connect back up the light started blinking and it was topped up.

JoeKickass,

OF

Actually mine will eventually turn green with only one battery as well. When it's flashing the charger is pulsing the current (you can hear it switching) and just finishing up the battery. You can take it off and it will be 95% full or just wait a few more minutes and it should slowly stop blinking.

This charger has quickly become my go-to for charging lithium batteries mainly because of the 700ma charging current and the max charge of 4.23 volts. Serious performance... and you can charge batteries of different sizes/charge levels just fine, I measured at first to be sure but it charged them both to the correct level. In fact it very very slightly undercharged the fullest battery (4.21 volts) but when I pulled it down and let it connect back up the light started blinking and it was topped up.

That's my take on it as well. Unless yours is different than mine, the two slots are in fact one and the same. There is only one channel, the two cells are just in parallel. I'm not sure how much I trust it right off, so I'm keeping and eye on it, but thus far seems pretty neat to me. It would be too much for many of the batteries that would fit in it, but it will be quite fast on single battery charges since the total would go to that one making it faster than the WF-188.

The problem I could see it throwing a dead something else in the slot next to a nearly charged IMR, now you're talking LOTS of Amps from the charged one available to blow the other fellow into the next life. Another IMR would probably take it in stride, but others might not?

Anyway, I think the flash has to do with the cycle too. There's no way my charger knows if there's one or two cells in there, I checked. This is not an uncommon scheme, it has advantages and disadvantages is all.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
we are waiting for out webguy to update the manuals online, hes currently on vacation.

We will take a look on the Omicron and figure this out, currently our warranty issue on the Omicron is about 0.8%, not bad for a first edition. Looking to drop this to 0.4% when upgraded omicrons kick into gear.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

The blinking does indicate of topping off, but i was under the impression that these chargers only go green when both sides are used, guess i gotta ask mr engineer then. Good thing i kept him? We shall see.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

we are waiting for out webguy to update the manuals online, hes currently on vacation.

What? They got no internet there? You need to pay him more so he can vacation closer to hot spots.....

No real need wake up your engineer for such a simple check, your friendly neighborhood ohm meter will confirm the two slots are connected to each other.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom