Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

anyone know when THC will respond to my ticket filed via the website? I filed it 2 days ago in regards to a defective charger...

bombaysippin,
anyone know when THC will respond to my ticket filed via the website? I filed it 2 days ago in regards to a defective charger...
I'm sure you'll hear something tomorrow, or call Tues?. It's kind of a holiday weekend out west, give it a little bit. It suck, to be w/o a charger, I've been there. If your handy with a soldering iron, you might be able to fix if. Good luck, have patience.

havealight101,

OF

I'm sure you'll hear something tomorrow, or call Tues?. It's kind of a holiday weekend out west, give it a little bit. It suck, to be w/o a charger, I've been there. If your handy with a soldering iron, you might be able to fix if. Good luck, have patience.

My thoughts exactly. The guy and the entire staff were pretty tied up with getting to SF, doing the show and trying to recover on those two days, I'll bet 'the other Gary' (whom I had the pleasure of meeting, the guy who processes the tickets I think, not the "G" we have posting here) so he wasn't 'in the shop' either. In a funny sort of change in expectations those two days were weekend days? How many other places do guys expect to be standing by 24/7 to take their problems? Man, oh man, are we spoiled or what?

I'll bet there's an answer before COB today?

The testing of the universe starts this week correct ?

My unofficial opinion is "no way, Charlie". The prototype I saw was not fully 'fleshed out'. My money's on 90 days plus to beta testing, fall for production?

But hey, I'm wrong lots of times these days......

once again bypassing all other data

I think you may have missed the point, Bob? There was no quest for data, or any objective review of that presented. The testing had been done, the conclusions completed before the OP I think. We've just failed to accept the lesson when presented to us. Our loss, I guess? But I'm pretty sure none of us is getting through, aren't you? I do hope he finds what he needs, though, despite his manners, don't you?

OF

tharealmclovin

it only makes senes to hit it dry if you want see if the metallic tastes exists prior to adding the oils. like i mentioned before, i have no interest in 'masking' the flavor with the concentrates. if i were to have added my oils prior to testing, and then found a metallic taste, i would be a lot more bitter and upset with my first experience with my v2. and had i not tasted any metallic taste (say it was masked by the oils), it would have left me ignorant to the fact that my cart actually has this taste (ignorance would be bliss)

DONT ASK FOR ADVICE IF YOU WON'T LISTEN. I AM DONE TRYING AND IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR OTHER VAPES. WE CANt HELP SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT HELP

DO YOU TAKE A DRY SIP OUT OF A GLASS BEFORE YOU FILL IT WITH WATER, JUST TO SEE IF IT TASTES LIKE GLASS???

GR

DONT ASK FOR ADVICE IF YOU WON'T LISTEN. I AM DONE TRYING AND IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR OTHER VAPES. WE CANt HELP SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT HELP

DO YOU TAKE A DRY SIP OUT OF A GLASS BEFORE YOU FILL IT WITH WATER, JUST TO SEE IF IT TASTES LIKE GLASS???

Lol, I do smell a glass before filling it.

I have had carts where the taste did not go away after dry burns nor did it go away after filling it and trying to make it through a gram before reclaiming and tossing the cart. I have had carts that weighed 7.8g and after a dry burn weighed 7.4g, worst case scenario with my scale having a +/- of .1g is that .2g of something burned off, that is a bit of weight of something that burned off. Most of my carts have only needed a few dry burns to oxidize the element and there was no off flavor and pre weigh and post weigh after oxidation resulted in the same weight.

GR,

tharealmclovin

Lol, I do smell a glass before filling it.

I have had carts where the taste did not go away after dry burns nor did it go away after filling it and trying to make it through a gram before reclaiming and tossing the cart. I have had carts that weighed 7.8g and after a dry burn weighed 7.4g, worst case scenario with my scale having a +/- of .1g is that .2g of something burned off, that is a bit of weight of something that burned off. Most of my carts have only needed a few dry burns to oxidize the element and there was no off flavor and pre weigh and post weigh after oxidation resulted in the same weight.

Do you follow smelling you glass with complaining about how your glass smells like glass. And then demand a new glass because of that glass taste, which is solely from the glass?

Dammit now I'm hijacking this thread. HOW BOUT THEM HERB CARTS? Can't wait for the nail and the 7.4 upgrade.

What's the verdict on 1.5 carts on V2? Are there issues with current top? Do they work better than the 2.4's atleast?

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I have had carts that weighed 7.8g and after a dry burn weighed 7.4g, worst case scenario with my scale having a +/- of .1g is that .2g of something burned off, that is a bit of weight of something that burned off. Most of my carts have only needed a few dry burns to oxidize the element and there was no off flavor and pre weigh and post weigh after oxidation resulted in the same weight.

This is kinda spooky to me. Why should you have to 'burn off bad stuff' from one cart and not another of the same weight? Are we to think someone takes .3 grams of good stuff out of the cart then adds the same weight of evil so we won't be able to tell by weight? If you'll excuse the obvious pun, something doesn't add up....

Oxidizing the element actually adds a tiny bit of weight. You'd never be able to weigh it, but for sure it doesn't loose 5% of the initial weight by oxidizing. That's damage, pure and simple. Has to be, unless there really is random evil included with the good on a gram for gram basis. Just because it's damaged doesn't mean it fails, these guys are tough.

I understand the urge to do this stuff. At least I think I do. It comes from many sides. It's part of our modern lives I think, but it does not necessarily serve us well. We read something from someone we don't know who may or may not know what they're talking about and instantly we're experts on the subject. We know the secret, we saw it on the internet.

With the lack of any official solution, homebrew experiments are naturally happening.

The case in point, "dry burning" carts on purpose is an example. This is something we've specifically been told not to do, the maker has said it's lead to failures and damage and even a little thinking should get guys wondering what might happen with nothing to evaporate off so temperatures get higher than ever intended. We're way past the few seconds with long rest formats suggested at the start. We've got guys cooking unknown materials from some shop in China way hotter than intended then breathing in the fumes..... I find that spooky.

Not sure what to do about it, except to ramble on some I guess.... For sure it's not criticism of anybody or their efforts. FWIW, though, you won't catch me overdriving a heater like that that I intend to vape from later. Machine oils and the like are one thing, known risks. But random breakdown products from unknown seals and the like from uncontrolled temperatures is worth avoiding IMO.

Thanks for listening.

OF

JoeKickass

except to

ramble on
And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song...

But seriously I think you have it, although people would like to try pre-oxidizing their carts the key is to safely evacuate the fumes. Even blunt hitting it isn't as safe as just letting it heat up and cool down. And even that isn't as safe as just waiting until G starts doing it...

JoeKickass,

OF

And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song...

But seriously I think you have it, although people would like to try pre-oxidizing their carts the key is to safely evacuate the fumes. Even blunt hitting it isn't as safe as just letting it heat up and cool down. And even that isn't as safe as just waiting until G starts doing it...

This is starting to come together a bit, you're right, we're missing a bet right off with the fumes. I was hung on not sucking them up, but that's what we want to do....just not with our lungs! Seems to me, most folks have (or can borrow) a vacuum cleaner? With a fixed time table temperature can be controlled (confirmed with measurements of course)......

The 'waiting on G' idea has great appeal of course, but that would mean delays in other products....everything is a compromise.

Thanks for the 'food for thought'.

OF

OF,

Limosnero

Based on the "Oxidized Cartridge Tests" going on now I believe some (as I have) started trying to pre-Oxidize their carts in an effort to improve overall taste/flavor. I recently went through 10 - 1.5 carts and dry heated them 2 secs (one one thousand, two one thousand) each for a total of ten times. While try to speed up this process I would hit the dry cart after the 2 second burn to help cool down for the next burn. What I found was that I was getting vapor of some sort and in particular 2 carts were very heavy with vapor. Tasted awful and like a few well known politicians in the past have said...I didn't inhale. After the "burn in" they were all filled with a variety of extracts and primed. At that point I could not detect any foul taste/flavor. These carts were not for my personal use but for that of MM patients that I help out with this sort of thing. Just my experience for what it's worth.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
HI All,
Monday complainer here..... popping up my head to complain!

Got the new rubber caps - so far, a bit disappointing. Why?

1. The fall off too easily in the pockets. I've dropped/lost a few already!
2. Why the sharp rubber threads? The lips are one of the most sensitive areas...Why can't it be smooth?
3. Not really a cap, it's a mouthpiece.

One more complaint - can we get some actual caps please? Something that goes over the cart to prevent any pocket lint sticking to the inside of the cart (where you load). Even better, a cap for a mouthpiece, but not one that falls off easily.

JoeKickass

Just my experience for what it's worth.

Pretty much exactly what OF and I were just discussing, any thoughts on how to extract the vapor without using your lungs?

I think just letting it heat up with no air movement probably isn't going to get rid of all the vapor. OF suggested a vacuum cleaner which should work fantastically but is also a bit noisy/cumbersome. I wonder if a turkey baster would work well enough?

JoeKickass,

OF

Pretty much exactly what OF and I were just discussing, any thoughts on how to extract the vapor without using your lungs?

I think just letting it heat up with no air movement probably isn't going to get rid of all the vapor. OF suggested a vacuum cleaner which should work fantastically but is also a bit noisy/cumbersome. I wonder if a turkey baster would work well enough?

Hey, how about we blow rather than suck? You can breathe the other way, too.....

HI All,
Monday complainer here..... popping up my head to complain!

Got the new rubber caps - so far, a bit disappointing. Why?

1. The fall off too easily in the pockets. I've dropped/lost a few already!
2. Why the sharp rubber threads? The lips are one of the most sensitive areas...Why can't it be smooth?
3. Not really a cap, it's a mouthpiece.

One more complaint - can we get some actual caps please? Something that goes over the cart to prevent any pocket lint sticking to the inside of the cart (where you load). Even better, a cap for a mouthpiece, but not one that falls off easily.

Sorry to trip you up when you're on a roll and all Sess but what the devil are you talking about? What new rubber caps are these? How do I know what to think about the sharp threads if I don't know what they do?

Come on, guy, cut me some slack.....you're not the only guy with a Monday morning going on you know....

TIA

OF

OF,

Limosnero

That's a good idea, I have a food saver vacuum sealer with the attachment for jars....probably would work well. While I did not inhale I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth...literally. Next round I do I'll give it a shot.

Limosnero,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
any thoughts on how to extract the vapor without using your lungs?

Some kind of pump, like a toy/bicycle air pump? Or some kind set up like a gravity bong where it will just suck air in. Also blowing on the top (the way flutes work, or blowing on a glass bottle to act like a wind instrument), might make enough air movement to scoop the vapors out of the top.

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
photo__25319_std.JPG

understood OF! These things that are to replace (!) the other mouthpieces (that the carts come with) - are on sale here.

They are more of a pain than they are helpful. I prefer the original over these.

sessnet,
This is the last ill say on this topic. I have yet to have a carts weigh differently after pre-oxing. OF has something there"higher temps than recommended". The analogy about a wine glass is a little off. Here is this... Go buy a car, leave the oil and coolant out to do a test run... Your engine will run much hotter, smell pretty bad, and then blow(seize) up. Same with these carts. Stop smoking your silica wick, and throw some coolant(medication) on that heater. That is all.
Now can we please get back on track, this discussion has taken 2 days, and 2 pages of this glorious thread. If its not for you, move on, and your loss...
On another note, I think my Twins have the Stanley Cup in the bag!
Edit: good, yes, let's talk about mouthpieces... Sorry I brought it up.

Edit2: compressed air maybe, I wouldn't stick it directly in, but some indirect air flow around the top, should take care of it.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

Hey, how about we blow rather than suck? You can breathe the other way, too.....

I like that better than all the other options... the only problem is how to blow in the bottom when it's connected to a battery?

JoeKickass,

GR

OF

That is exactly what I do, I blow into the top of the cart and sometimes I even see vape coming out from where the cart connects to the battery. whatever that foul taste and smell is I don't even want it my mouth to be absorbed. Blowing seems to be effective at clearing the cart of any fumes.

I had to learn my pre oxidizing technique by ruining a few carts but now I have it down with no damageed seals, able to use the cart for 2-4g, and no bad taste. When I come across a cart that after a few cycles of short heat and rest it still has a very off dry hit taste it goes into the trash. It isn't like I like to waste good money but life is to short to endure a foreign bad taste or to posiable shorten it even more with an unknown.

As for carts that loose weight, these are the ones that persist with bad taste and lots of fumes/vape even after 15 1-2 sec with 30sec cool down, something is burning off to loose weight. Let me be clear, this has only happened maybe 4 times out of many carts and I have gone through 10 1.5 ohm carts lately that had no issues.

GR,

hatfieldsmama

photo__25319_std.JPG

understood OF! These things that are to replace (!) the other mouthpieces (that the carts come with) - are on sale here.

They are more of a pain than they are helpful. I prefer the original over these.

thats awful to hear.... i have some of these on the way. what a waste

sessnet, what we really need are those cartridge containers like what "druminfected" had. those would work best i think. i guess planetvape.ca will have them soon.... hopefully

hatfieldsmama,

tharealmclovin

Are people still having issues with the 1.5 ohm carts on V2? I know there was talk of them not working as good as on V1. Is it even worth getting 1.5s? Or should I wait until the new top comes out?

tharealmclovin,

OF

OK, thanks, got it now. I remember those, I figured I'd let someone else check them out for me.....thanks for taking the job! Didn't look all that cool in the photo, guess that's the case..... OK, back to the proverbial cad program.

I like that better than all the other options... the only problem is how to blow in the bottom when it's connected to a battery?

I was actually thinking of doing it the other way around, blow down with no fluid in it it should be safe to do so even hard, we want gentle, right?

That said it should be easy enough to tape the vape inside a baggie with the air hose end and it's nose sticking out. You could still push the button through the bag....

Some kind of pump, like a toy/bicycle air pump? Or some kind set up like a gravity bong where it will just suck air in. Also blowing on the top (the way flutes work, or blowing on a glass bottle to act like a wind instrument), might make enough air movement to scoop the vapors out of the top.

More good thoughts. How about the fish pump from my HA? Not only does it suck in one port (might not want to vape with it afterwards...) but it could also be set up with a mouthpiece to (gently) blow air down into the cart (and out the bottom vents) when burning in? Maybe a fan blowing over the lip could suck it out by Venturi action as you suggest? Small fans are easy.

I don't know about youse guys, but this sort of chat about how to deal with this collectively has my full support. This is cool, even if we don't actually 'fix it'. Thanks guys.

OF

OF,

OF

Are people still having issues with the 1.5 ohm carts on V2? I know there was talk of them not working as good as on V1. Is it even worth getting 1.5s? Or should I wait until the new top comes out?

They are worth it, IMO. No, they are not as hot as on V1 or other 'batteries' but they are still hotter than 2.4s on V2. The new top will only make that better. You know you can not only buy individual carts from PV, but you can also 'mix and match' values for the five pack price?

http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
what we really need are those cartridge containers like what "druminfected" had. those would work best i think. i guess planetvape.ca will have them soon.... hopefully
that's what i'm waitin' on. sorry they didn't do the job. thanks for reportin'

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom