Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

But in a larger sense I'm not sure our experience is what's being sought. I'm pretty sure it's been dismissed? How do you read it?

OF

Honestly if my first impression of the omicron was that weird taste I might have been a bit put off too... I just loaded it up and primed it. Come to think of it I guess I did notice that taste priming, but it was so quickly followed by delicious puregold that I guess I didn't have time to be offended.

But there's always that off chance that rayfar really did get one of the carts that people complained about a long time ago... I say just buy new carts and take a dive and load the cart that tastes least. :2c:

JoeKickass,

OF

Honestly if my first impression of the omicron was that weird taste I might have been a bit put off too... I just loaded it up and primed it. Come to think of it I guess I did notice that taste priming, but it was so quickly followed by delicious puregold that I guess I didn't have time to be offended.

But there's always that off chance that rayfar really did get one of the carts that people complained about a long time ago... I say just buy new carts and take a dive and load the cart that tastes least. :2c:

Agreed on both counts, although I think the second is extremely unlikely. As I understand it there was a purge of that run and any stock units would be 'easy pickings' there. If the unique 'cart from Hell' exists I give long odds on it not being in a kit sold months later through an authorized dealer.

Your first point is, of course, quite accurate. Many folks were upset about taste, some fewer no doubt still are, although it's being addressed (hey, I was one of the ten 'cart taste testers'....). I think our new found friend is a standout of sorts in two areas, first the degree of his reaction. I just don't recall anyone else talking of getting so sick and being so fearful of working with it. The second is he seems to want to ignore all the advice you and the rest of us have tried to give, rather insisting we change our experience based ideas to match his? Which is OK too, I guess.

One is left wondering what the whole idea of the OP was? If it was to get a free replacement, this is not the venue for that (although perhaps he doesn't know that?). If it was to slam the product he seems to have missed the mark some. I hope he finds a vape that suits him, best to be happy and all. I honestly can't tell what the goal is here so let's just treat it as an information exchange?

Say what?

Alternate reality? Then again, he's a student, that might still change?

OF

tharealmclovin

Agreed on both counts, although I think the second is extremely unlikely. As I understand it there was a purge of that run and any stock units would be 'easy pickings' there. If the unique 'cart from Hell' exists I give long odds on it not being in a kit sold months later through an authorized dealer.

Your first point is, of course, quite accurate. Many folks were upset about taste, some fewer no doubt still are, although it's being addressed (hey, I was one of the ten 'cart taste testers'....). I think our new found friend is a standout of sorts in two areas, first the degree of his reaction. I just don't recall anyone else talking of getting so sick and being so fearful of working with it. The second is he seems to want to ignore all the advice you and the rest of us have tried to give, rather insisting we change our experience based ideas to match his? Which is OK too, I guess.

One is left wondering what the whole idea of the OP was? If it was to get a free replacement, this is not the venue for that (although perhaps he doesn't know that?). If it was to slam the product he seems to have missed the mark some. I hope he finds a vape that suits him, best to be happy and all. I honestly can't tell what the goal is here so let's just treat it as an information exchange?

Alternate reality? Then again, he's a student, that might still change?

OF

OF wins like always. Now lets get this thread back on track. How bout them Herb carts???? LOL

tharealmclovin,

NewSchoolExplorer

TV came out with a 510 thread herb cart that could work on the Omi with an adapter

EDIT: I stand corrected, the EVO might fry your battery so be careful.

NewSchoolExplorer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
TV came out with a 510 thread herb cart that could work on the Omi with an adapter

I'm afraid it will not work with the omnicron , or any other ego style battery, with out frying the electronics trying to power/heat up... (unless it's the 7.4v capacity v2)...they just were not designed to put out the juice required to power the Evolution-LV. I would not risk your batteries on that one folks. There is discussion in the thread about it going on now, just hate to see people killing batteries trying to pair the two together. Some one else killed their Double Agent battery trying to use it. I've killed my ego passthrough battery already trying to use it with the Evo-lv, and amost fried a regluar Riva/ego knock off battery trying it on that too. Just looking out for you guys...Also from what I understand the limitations on the button/cap for the just released V2 restricts the power so it will not heat up to peak performance.

rayfar

they way you guys attack anyone who finds something wrong, and try to defend/talk-up the product makes you guys sound like a bunch of yes-men fanboys that either 1) have a vested interested in the product (sellers of the product, or paid testers of the product) or 2) you are tryin get into THC's pants and get his cock in your mouth. Only a moron would accuse me of hating the product before i bought it two days ago, just so that I can complain after buying the product.

i think this v2 invention is quite brilliant, and if people are able to get CLEAN carts without any bullshit taste, then thats great. but the idea that your guys' advice to me is to use my dirty cart and just 'TRY IT OUT ANYWAYS" and 'YOU WONT NOTICE THE TASTE AFTER YOUR START VAPING' is just garbage. im not trying to mask the problem. any moron can mask the problem. next thing you know someone will suggest i just chew flavored gum while vaping to further enhance 'not noticing the taste'. the taste that i have in my cart doesnt belong there. im not about to add $70 worth of PG just to test how if the metallic taste goes away.

the same goes for anything i medicate with. if i were to pick up an empty glass pipe and suck air through and it had a very offensive taste... i woudnt just convince myself to use it anyways, hoping that the taste of bud would mask my problems. id clean the fuck out that pipe till the taste was gone, or else i wouldnt use it. and since i know that i cant use iso to clean the cart, then im left thinking i have no choice but to have it replaced.

mod note: A member since last Oct. and you haven't read the rules yet? http://www.fuckcombustion.com/rules/

"attack" please retrace your steps. Sounds like you want a replacement cart, go fill out a ticket. The "attack"(help that wasn't wanted) is in your head, we may have not "cuddled" you in, but your definitely still 1 peace. I like how your posts help discredit the pharmaceutical industry...same guys that will be lining your pockets, hmm. Best of luck in the medical field, I hope you find a vape that fits you. P.s. doctors are great at masking flavors, like my buddies back pain that was "masked" into nearly life ending oxy addiction... Food for thought.
I'll trade you a LV Evolution for your V2 if you dont want it.

mod note: No selling or soliciting items on the forum. That includes offering a trade. We take this rule very seriously.

OF

they way you guys attack anyone who finds something wrong, and try to defend/talk-up the product makes you guys sound like a bunch of yes-men fanboys that either 1) have a vested interested in the product (sellers of the product, or paid testers of the product) or 2) you are tryin get into THC's pants and get his cock in your mouth. Only a moron would accuse me of hating the product before i bought it two days ago, just so that I can complain after buying the product.

Look, I am truly sorry you're unhappy. But we're talking about taste here, not 'do you like broccoli?' taste, but close to it. Folks here just don't share your opinion on the taste involved for the most part. It's not a Federal Case to us, we either deal with it and work to make it better collectively or find another vape until someone else sorts it out. I recommend this latter for your consideration.

And while I think it's in exceedingly poor taste to resort to personal attacks, I half expected it to be honest. For the record, I know the Principal in the company. Met him in person last night in fact. If you actually research the topic you'll find I am far from a yes man, I've raised a couple of sharp points with him on and off line; I stood ready to justify my views and was heard. Yes, I am a tester of test carts on this very topic (getting rid of the taste), for which I got 5 carts which I had to pay tax and shipping on and then buy concentrate to fill. Granted I get to use the concentrate eventually, but it wasn't really my plan. I don't think any reasonable person could call me 'in the bag'. You may if you feel the need to.

Finally I find the vulgarity completely out of line and offensive. Maybe that was the idea? But it is indicative I think. I get the clue......

And now, as another poster so properly suggests, let's do try to get back to the discussion of carts that got off the rails?

So, how about them Carts? Think they have a chance for the Pennant this year?

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
can understand concerns. if i remember correctly the pre-oxidizing is to
burn off a non-toxic oil used to keep the wick in the cart wet until use.
you may not like the smell, but it won't harm you. it may add a little flavor
if not burnt off, but so do a hundred other things. once again, if it's that
big a concern after being pre-oxidized as was suggested, only load .6 or so
and vape a little. you won't lose that much, or try a cheaper oil. it is not just fanboy
cock-sucking going on the other side, although i love these things, however, maybe
try another cart or wait a month or two until the next cart version comes out. good luck
EDiT - running it thru a water piece definitely helps w/ flavor. i think finding
appropriate tubing should be a good idea for those w/ taste concerns.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Couldn't find an answer on the vaporpedia,
but my V2 Omicron is completely not working.

Batteries freshly charged, using 4 different carts, and every single one of them produces 0 vapor and does not get warm at all (so the connection isn't being made whatsoever)

The blue light comes on just fine.
The port on the battery doesn't look dirty, but I've cleaned it with iso & Qtip and still no heat :argh:

Can't think of anything else I can do,
any ideas Omi experts?

sounds like the button/top unit died to me

Wow looks like I didn't miss much here today. Good luck SD.

ru_frothi,

OF

I'm afraid it will not work with the omnicron , or any other ego style battery, with out frying the electronics trying to power/heat up...

Just looking out for you guys...Also from what I understand the limitations on the button/cap for the just released V2 restricts the power so it will not heat up to peak performance.

Once again, Jam's out in front trying to run some interference. Looking out for the team. Cool.

Yes, guys, this is 20 Watts, a whole big bunch. I tested it on my Persei battery and it was fine (of course, this guy is slated for some heavy hitters too....) otherwise the TV power supplies and no doubt similar ones using IMR batteries are the 'for sure' call. Not to mention you can buy a cheap adapter so you can put your Omicron cart on it when you tire of herb.....if that point ever gets to you.

Anyway, fun stuff going on over there, those inclined should go check it out.

Still no word on why the Universe thread got locked??

No idea, I asked G last night he indicated he didn't know either. He must not have done anything too naughty.....or maybe he's just not reading his PMs.....

I did see the prototype (or at least part of it) last night. My take on it is it could be very cool in a simple way, kind of like the MFLB. You know, useful and elegant in it's simplicity? Anyway, I want one to play with but I don't expect it until Fall. Probably worth the wait but I'm not looking for it this month. G, however, seems to take great delight in slipping little bits out for us to chew on so you never know. Got my attention at least. Naw, make that interest.

OF

Edit: Fixed lie about who sells adapters. OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Not to mention both TV and THC will sell you a cheap adapter so you can put your Omicron cart on it when you tire of herb.....if that point ever gets to you.
OF

are you sure it's not the other way around? they sell adapters that'll let you use the tv carts on persei or omi power sources. not omi carts on other power sources.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

are you sure it's not the other way around? they sell adapters that'll let you use the tv carts on persei or omi power sources. not omi carts on other power sources.

Absolutely right, good catch Bob, I forgot where I got them.....best go fix that, I lie often enough when I have to....

Thanks

Beat by another young punk with a fast keyboard, thanks Joe.

OF

rayfar

He is also hitting it dry. Probably the only person who has done it.

it only makes senes to hit it dry if you want see if the metallic tastes exists prior to adding the oils. like i mentioned before, i have no interest in 'masking' the flavor with the concentrates. if i were to have added my oils prior to testing, and then found a metallic taste, i would be a lot more bitter and upset with my first experience with my v2. and had i not tasted any metallic taste (say it was masked by the oils), it would have left me ignorant to the fact that my cart actually has this taste (ignorance would be bliss)

rayfar,
Top Bottom