Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

I'm pretty sure there is already an answer for my question, but couldn't find it.. So i guess i diddnt pre oxidize a new cart enough, it still has a bad taste. It's a 1.5, and I loaded .7 of wax that always tastes very good in the omi. will the taste get better? Is there a way for me to fix this?

Burn it down to .4 or so and add .4 more. Or empty it, test oil on TI for flavor, if all good do some extra pre-oxidizing and load it back up. This shouldn't be the case for much longer, because pre-oxided carts are being tested now. Good luck. If the oil is gross, get some everclear 190pf and a coffee filter...it works.

kertong

*please delete me*
"all i know is that....omicron cartridge is the shit!....." well spoken :D

QFT!

@Uce: Hey dude! The reason the ego-t milks better is that its an unregulated circult - at full charge the batt puts out 4.2V, then slowly drops down below 3.9-3.8V as the batt loses charge. The omicron v2 has a regulated top that guarantees 3.7V out no matter what. you get more consistent hits throughout the life of the batt (though the last ~5 hits die and get wispy real fast), but it won't work so well with devices that are designed to expect the full 4.2V, such as the thermovape dart/revolution LV.

So how you likin' them 1.5ohm carts eh? :D :D

kertong,

StickyShisha2

It took some time, took a beating but kept on ticking but i have not met something i can not destroy yet.

i got to try a friend's 1.5ohm cart on my v1 and decided that i don't need to upgrade to v2 yet, ordering some 1.5 carts would satisfy my for a while.

i know you're not working on v1 stuff, but is there a better charging option for v1?
of my 3 chargers (1 was a free replacement :) ), all are broken, but 2 work a few times after i repair them.

Would the adapter you make to use e-cig cart on the Omi, allow the Omi to charge on a e-cig charger?

StickyShisha2,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
i got to try a friend's 1.5ohm cart on my v1 and decided that i don't need to upgrade to v2 yet, ordering some 1.5 carts would satisfy my for a while.

i know you're not working on v1 stuff, but is there a better charging option for v1?
of my 3 chargers (1 was a free replacement :) ), all are broken, but 2 work a few times after i repair them.

Would the adapter you make to use e-cig cart on the Omi, allow the Omi to charge on a e-cig charger?

After this upgrade we are thinking of doing a ophos upgrade. the o-phos is charged from the bottom of the battery.

Silvercloud538

After this upgrade we are thinking of doing a ophos upgrade. the o-phos is charged from the bottom of the battery.

As usual ,me always respects THC's creativities :brow: ~ Please inform us as to specific

'"O-PHOS"' improvements' :drool: to an almost perfect device :luv: as is ?/?

What's up your sleeve Professor G ?/?

Silvercloud538,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
As usual ,me always respects THC's creativities :brow: ~ Please inform us as to specific

'"O-PHOS"' improvements' :drool: to an almost perfect device :luv: as is ?/?

What's up your sleeve Professor G ?/?
i believe he means "upgrade" in the sense of "trade-in" like w/ the old v1s for v2s

Bob Loblaw,

Silvercloud538

i believe he means "upgrade" in the sense of "trade-in" like w/ the old v1s for v2s

Thanks for input ,but again ,what could possibly make a 2nd generation O-PHOS more favorable to 1st ?/?

~ *Possibly ,a variable voltage top to accommodate 7.4 v (flower cart adaption ??)

Psst* .. hopefully ,curiousity won't kill this cat :)

Silvercloud538,

OF

Thanks for input ,but again ,what could possibly make a 2nd generation O-PHOS more favorable to 1st ?/?

~ *Possibly ,a variable voltage top to accommodate 7.4 v (flower cart adaption ??)

Psst* .. hopefully ,curiousity won't kill this cat :)

No, SC, that's not what he said. The upgrade is to a different model (like getting a V2 for your V1) there is no new model of O-Phos pending that I know of.

The talk is of trading your V1 for a O-Phos, not upgrading the latter.

OF

Silvercloud538

No, SC, that's not what he said. The upgrade is to a different model (like getting a V2 for your V1) there is no new model of O-Phos pending that I know of.

The talk is of trading your V1 for a O-Phos, not upgrading the latter.

OF

Gotcha :doh: ,thanks !

Silvercloud538,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes its trading your v1 to a ophos because the charger issues on the v1.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

The omicron v2 has a regulated top that guarantees 3.7V out no matter what. you get more consistent hits throughout the life of the batt (though the last ~5 hits die and get wispy real fast), but it won't work so well with devices that are designed to expect the full 4.2V, such as the thermovape dart/revolution LV.

It's actually a bit 'worse' than that KT, at least for heavy loads like Dart or Omicron 1.5 Ohm carts (same general load to the power supply). In testing I found there's an additional drop of .2 Volts over the V1. Even for a fully charged battery, the actual output is under 3 Volts. Not by much, but it's under and therefore delivering 6.0 Watts, not 6.8 like the V1 or over 8 for the TV unit (with partially battery 'half used'). I suspect the loss of power with low Ohms carts as it's masked by being nearly a Watt and a half hotter than 2.4 Ohm carts.

Bottom line is V2 under performs WRT power with 1.5 Ohm loads (like high output carts, Dart or Revolution). Plenty for it's intended use, but there are better solutions for maximum power. Something we're told is being addressed, which is important for herb and nail carts this platform seems to me?

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok update on the test top, im sorry.

I was not able to break it, turns out the 4 batteries we tested to make sure the top is dead are actually dead batteries.

so in reality this danm top is still kicking. :mad:

Back to more torture tests.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
ok update on the test top, im sorry.

I was not able to break it, turns out the 4 batteries we tested to make sure the top is dead are actually dead batteries.

so in reality this danm top is still kicking. :mad:

Back to more torture tests.
glad to hear that!

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am curious what that is gonna retail for. have two omi v2's and will need to upgrade both. am kinda bummed to be out a bunch more to make this product perform up to par w/ it's predecessor. looks like
o-phos replaces omi v1 and omi v2.5 is really mini persei w/ less voltage control (new top or not). so where does that leave omi v2? can only push one kind of cart? love ur work, but this has me a little poopy faced :(

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom