Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
BTW: SoCal Peeps the Medical Cannabis Cup 2012 is this weekend in LA.

http://medcancup.com/

I missed last years event in San Francisco but I know dubCrider and some other folks went and everyone had a blast. Huge smoking area. Lots of free samples and overall cool event. Dunno what the scene in LA will be like....

G you entering the omicron or the persei or some of your killer OG?

Does THC have a booth at this event?

We will be there, not entering anything maybe we will see. But I might have some of my killer OG with me on Saturday if your gonna come.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Dammit. I just found out one of my best concentrates is in a leaky cart. I had loaded it a few days ago, hit it about 10 times and put it away. Pulled it out today, and the wrapper has oil on it. I guess I'll just have to clean it before and after every use.

Jeppy,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Even apple has DOA units. All cartridges are tested prior to being packaged. When you have mass production less then 0.1% DOA is a good number.

I would like it to be 100% but human error is always a factor.

I don't know about Apples, nor about "All cartridges are tested prior to being packaged" except to say I have one that obviously wasn't. Hard to pass the test without a heater installed......

Or rather I had one. Despite my plans for the day, my conscience (or what passes for one...) got after me to the point of 'Elemental really should know this happened'. After all as DubC pointed out, they sold it to me (not that I blame them for not testing it and all...). So I moved an errand to the South Bay for next week up and changed the lunch plans to kebabs and falafel (always a welcome change) and went by Elemental to show them the pieces, tell the tale and pass on the advice that they should test them before filling. Things were slow, but it did cause somewhat of a stir as we discussed it. Other budtenders would come by, look at the dead cart and join in the discussion a bit. First thing that happened was an apology, I think the guy genuinely was sorry I'd had the problem but even if he was just saying it, it was nice to hear. Then came the offer to replace it. Although they didn't have those prefills any more we discussed carts or concentrates, I took the latter. Lastly, when that topic was exhausted I was thanked for bringing it to their attention. The guy actually said, "Thank you, we really don't want this to happen".

We then discussed the THC suggestion they should be testing each cart before filling. I told him about the 'look for the glow test', his response was 'I can't do that, on fill days I'd have to pay someone to do nothing but that'. I think we can sort out some sort of fixture to make resistance checks fast and easy for them, I'll give it a bit of thought.

Anyway, a happy ending. In a funny sort of way, DubC had his prediction come true as well, I left happy.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Even apple has DOA units. All cartridges are tested prior to being packaged. When you have mass production less then 0.1% DOA is a good number.

I would like it to be 100% but human error is always a factor.

I don't know about Apples, nor about "All cartridges are tested prior to being packaged" except to say I have one that obviously wasn't. Hard to pass the test without a heater installed......

Or rather I had one. Despite my plans for the day, my conscience (or what passes for one...) got after me to the point of 'Elemental really should know this happened'. After all as DubC pointed out, they sold it to me (not that I blame them for not testing it and all...). So I moved an errand to the South Bay for next week up and changed the lunch plans to kebabs and falafel (always a welcome change) and went by Elemental to show them the pieces, tell the tale and pass on the advice that they should test them before filling. Things were slow, but it did cause somewhat of a stir as we discussed it. Other budtenders would come by, look at the dead cart and join in the discussion a bit. First thing that happened was an apology, I think the guy genuinely was sorry I'd had the problem but even if he was just saying it, it was nice to hear. Then came the offer to replace it. Although they didn't have those prefills any more we discussed carts or concentrates, I took the latter. Lastly, when that topic was exhausted I was thanked for bringing it to their attention. The guy actually said, "Thank you, we really don't want this to happen".

We then discussed the THC suggestion they should be testing each cart before filling. I told him about the 'look for the glow test', his response was 'I can't do that, on fill days I'd have to pay someone to do nothing but that'. I think we can sort out some sort of fixture to make resistance checks fast and easy for them, I'll give it a bit of thought.

Anyway, a happy ending. In a funny sort of way, DubC had his prediction come true as well, I left happy.

OF

Not a surpise OF. The few times I have had an issue with something from Elemental they were genuinely concerned and resolved everything to my satisfaction with no BS. Glad to hear this worked out for ya....

G, I am out of town currently and can't attend the cup but I don't plan on missing the one in SF this year....

ru_frothi,

OF

rufrothy said:
Not a surpise OF. The few times I have had an issue with something from Elemental they were genuinely concerned and resolved everything to my satisfaction with no BS. Glad to hear this worked out for ya....

Thanks, I'm glad too. Also very happy they are concerned about prevention. I too am impressed. For instance, the budtender asked 'do you have your receipt?'. I said, 'of course not...I wasn't looking to return it so I didn't even look for it'. He said, 'no problem, I can get the stock number off this label'......

In other news, I took advantage of the 'ear' I had to bring up the topic of 'is there any real CO2 hash in the world?'. He was emphatic that there not only was, but they check the equipment and process of their vendors. For growers that includes checks of hygiene, growing conditions and so on on site visits, for extracts he'd never been because 'you've got to know a lot of chemistry for that'. He did leave me with the feeling they believe they are buying CO2 and Nitrogen extracts from guys with the equipment and skills to make it, and get testing to confirm before offering it to us. I plan to continue to buy their excellent SD CO2 wax.....in fact got a few more today.

OF

OF,

StickyShisha2

rufrothy said:
StickyShisha said:
i should have read through the wiki first. there is a lot of good info in there.

i did add some PureGold, filling the cart to .91g
heated it a bit and a few big bubbles came out.
it smells so good, strong blue dream smell with a hint of lemony pure gold.

:o monster hit when it got going.

glad its working. glad you like the wiki.

i have now read the entire thing. some good tips, but mostly stuff we omi users already know.

OF said:
I think we can sort out some sort of fixture to make resistance checks fast and easy for them, I'll give it a bit of thought.

OF
/\ /\ /\ /\ good idea
hand_pro.png

getting a bum cart is bad enough, but it being filled is just sad.

i'm still using my original carts. 1 has received 3.5g the others are on their first gram

StickyShisha2,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys our tester that we have coming out will do this. Also the Persei LCD top will test cartridges before you use it.

We posted the tester a few pages back an it's on our site.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Darb said:
Hey, THC
Any eta on the V2 carts?

We had issues on past prototypes so we scrapped them.

Can't say when but we started the molding process for another prototype it will be a while. We are hoping for a full on testing soon.

While that is being done we are finalizing THE Hammer for release. Testin on that starts next week.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys our tester that we have coming out will do this. Also the Persei LCD top will test cartridges before you use it.

Yup, saw it and brought it up in our discussion. The rub is the threading the cart on and off, scarcely faster than using a battery if you've got a pile to do. I'm thinking of some sort of spring loaded or other fixture that goes faster and doesn't call for going home early with carpal tunnel.

I've got a thought or two in mind to try out, nothing fancy but hopefully useful for guys with more than a few to test.

OF

OF,

kingcrimson

logged in for the first time in over a year to ask a question that probably won't get an answer - but I've got to try. What is The Hammer?!

Also what's up with the product names? Omicron, Persei, 8? - sorry if this has been asked already. "I am Lrr of Omicron Persei 8!", all I can think is is THC a Futurama fan? But I understand that it is an actual star system and it could just be coincidental...

I can't wait until I can get my own persei here in a few weeks. thanks in advance for taking the time to reply, i look forward to seeing all of the crazy shit you're cooking up. Laser vapes?! :o

kingcrimson,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
kingcrimson said:
logged in for the first time in over a year to ask a question that probably won't get an answer - but I've got to try. What is The Hammer?!

Also what's up with the product names? Omicron, Persei, 8? - sorry if this has been asked already. "I am Lrr of Omicron Persei 8!", all I can think is is THC a Futurama fan? But I understand that it is an actual star system and it could just be coincidental...

I can't wait until I can get my own persei here in a few weeks. thanks in advance for taking the time to reply, i look forward to seeing all of the crazy shit you're cooking up. Laser vapes?! :o

yes THC is a futurama fan. He's gonna make us salivate for a while I beleive. Could this be the bubbler?

ru_frothi,

kingcrimson

ah ha! we'll that's pretty damn awesome then. one of the best cartoons ever imo.

as for the hammer being a bub... seems logical captain.

and yeah, from going through the thread I think I see what you mean, THC is quite the salesman. :mad: there goes my money! :lol:

kingcrimson,
hey guys new to FC. been lurking for a few months, just soaking up all the game in this thread and finally pulled the trigger on the omi. got the double kit from a dispensary in SJ, and it has been my best purchase in the last 5 years regarding medical marijuana.

just one problem, my battery doesnt seem to work anymore. the light comes on, but it wont heat my cart up. and when i put it in the charger, it just stays green.

anyone else experience this before?

vapemygrapes,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Yup, saw it and brought it up in our discussion. The rub is the threading the cart on and off, scarcely faster than using a battery if you've got a pile to do. I'm thinking of some sort of spring loaded or other fixture that goes faster and doesn't call for going home early with carpal tunnel.

I've got a thought or two in mind to try out, nothing fancy but hopefully useful for guys with more than a few to test.

OF

Yup it's gonna be easy to use, tge prototype has a screw because it's a prototype but next version will be better.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapemygrapes said:
hey guys new to FC. been lurking for a few months, just soaking up all the game in this thread and finally pulled the trigger on the omi. got the double kit from a dispensary in SJ, and it has been my best purchase in the last 5 years regarding medical marijuana.

just one problem, my battery doesnt seem to work anymore. the light comes on, but it wont heat my cart up. and when i put it in the charger, it just stays green.

Submit a ticket and we will replace the battery, just make sure you mention my post. It could be battery or charger but we will honor the warranties.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:

Yes I'm a nerd + geek + scifi fan = weird guy with a big imagination.

The hammer is THE Hammer

Hint it's a attachment for the omicron and Persei.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kingcrimson

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
The hammer is THE Hammer

Hint it's a attachment for the omicron and Persei.

:cool: Awesome, can't wait to see it. thanks for the speedy reply as well. very cool of ya.

kingcrimson,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
vapemygrapes said:

It sounds like you only have 1 bat and 1 cart?

if not swap batteries and carts...

make sure the connection on the battery is clean before hooking to charger.

if you press the button and the cart is not working then maybe the cart died (which sucks).

If you have more than 1 cart and 1 battery this should be easy to figure out.

I would try back the place I bought it from. might get faster resolution that way.

EDIT: THE hammer huh. We know there is nail cart? Hammer and Nail? I still think its the bubbler... I'm sure I'll buy one though.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

Omicron demo in SF on 2/15/2012!!!!!!

Where: Igzactly 420- 527 Howard Street San Francisco,CA
When: 4:20-9pm

Come demo the Omicron and Persei and get 10% off all 2-pen kits and Cartridges. There will be concentrates of all kinds to sample for patients.

DubCRider,

VAPORIZER22

DubCRider said:
Omicron demo in SF on 2/15/2012!!!!!!

Where: Igzactly 420- 527 Howard Street San Francisco,CA

Come demo the Omicron and Persei and get 10% off all 2-pen kits and Cartridges. There will be concentrates of all kinds to sample for patients.

You guys need to get a Sacramento representative lol, I would love to check out the Persei. Might be able to make the trip down to SF for the demo on the 15th if I can get away for the day. It is really cool that you offer this preview service of products to patients. No better way to advertise such a great innovative new vaporizer.

VAPORIZER22,
Top Bottom