Old Everyday Things that Don't Exist Anymore.......

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I was Coleco all the way! Never had an intellivison.

I had all the 70's Atari systems
Commodore 64
Vectrex
Colecovision
NES (with R.O.B.)
Super NES
Sega Master system
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
32X
Atari Jaguar
Both Versions of the Panasonic 3DO
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64 (I remeber it was code named Ultra64)
Gamecube
Playstation 1,2,3, and 4 is reserved (had the Japanese Version of the PS1 3 months before anyone)
Xbox - then the 360, the ONE is reserved
And I had the Neo-Geo (only hard core old school gamers would know it)

This is not to mention dozens of handhelds....

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

Commodore 64
Vectrex
Colecovision
NES (with R.O.B.)
Super NES
Sega Master system
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
32X
Atari Jaguar
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Gamecube
Playstation 1,2,3, and 4 is reserved (had the Japanese Version of the PS1 3 months before anyone)

We still have our PS2. It's right next to our Atari 2600. Hubby had a Sega Genesis when I met him. We also have several handhelds. :)

satyrday

This was the first cartridge system I ever played. A friend had it. It sucked. I believe it was the first cartridge system period.

Fairchild_channel-f_system_2.jpg

tumblr_lpu8q3KDK51r1yctyo1_500.jpg

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

Commodore 64
Vectrex
Colecovision
NES (with R.O.B.)
Super NES
Sega Master system
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
32X
Atari Jaguar
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Gamecube

A jaguar huh I remember when those came out, never met someone who had one though, so I never tried it. Neo-geo rocks Metal slug was soooo fun :lol:

Man I still play my SNES and now my kids do too. just doing my part, keeping classic games alive over here :D

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I literally bought the Jaguar for 1 game. Alien VS Predator was the shit! That system had potential, it was actually the first 64 bit console to hit the market. Unfortunately bad marketing on top of not having having any developer support did them in.

download4_zpsf4acb7ef.jpg

images9_zpsd5a52067.jpg

images8_zpsb34281e4.jpg

@satyrday

We just posted the same shit at the same time!

SD_haze

I'm inclined to move all the game console stuff. They're hardly "old everyday things" and we have a thread for old toys.
I was thinking the same thing, then I realized I did use the sega every day back then! Haha

Still worth consideration though.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
This brings back some awesome memories of my Grandfather. He made soda every morning and I would run down the stairs to his apartment every morning before school to taste that day's mix. It was either Coke, Lime, Lemon, or Orange. He passed away 25 years ago - he was honored with a bronze star in WW2 as a tank commander.

1371717016_521280914_5-Sodastream-Vintage-Sparklets-Hobbies-Leisure_zpsb597d715.jpg

Miss you Poppy.

2 Paces

Now that pull tabs are gone, we can't make pull-tab chains. I knew people who fenced their yards with pull-tab chains.

On the bright side, no more pull-tab chain fences...

Some people just bent them & put them in the cans if they had nowhere to toss them. I remember having nightmares because of the warnings my parents gave me about swallowing a pull tab and slicing my throat open.

Needless to say, I never tossed them in the can :lol:

djonkoman

atari7800.jpg

one of those was my first, and only, ever. unfortunastly I destroyed it within weeks opr so, the plugs/cords had to be removed in a specific order and I removed/decoupled them in the wrong order once, after that it wouldn't turn on anymore.

Now that pull tabs are gone, we can't make pull-tab chains. I knew people who fenced their yards with pull-tab chains.

On the bright side, no more pull-tab chain fences...
wait... no pull tabs anymore? I just checked my emergency suplies, and 2 of the 3 cans(both soup) I have standing here next to me have a pull tab...
or do you mean a specific kind of pull tab?
and I've never seen a sodacan without one. the cans of condensed milk I used 2-3 weeks ago I remember also having a pull tab.

djonkoman,
Reactions: Vicki

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Pull tabs were different - they separated from the can entirely, giving you a ring, and a pie-shaped piece of (sharp) aluminum. Left a triangle hole in the top of the can to drink through.

Top Bottom