Old Everyday Things that Don't Exist Anymore.......

Seren

Away with the fairies
Loading failed - try again: :)

Sinclair_ZX81_Setup_PhotoManipped.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
some classic pics here!

My Dad used to tell me how he remembered waking up at 4am just to watch the test pattern on their new color tv. He also remembered when they got their first telephone that it was a shared phone between four homes with a four digit number. So when it rang, it rang in all four homes and everyone could answer it to see who it was for.

satyrday

485704564_35ae45ff51_b1_zpsaae1d369.jpg

What did I fall for as a kid... hmmm...

shriek alarm - check
spy pen radio - check
remote controlled ghost - check

btw, the last one is a white balloon, white garbage bag, and string (make your own!)

Not sure if this company is still advertising in comic books and squeezing nickels out of kids, but I can say none of the shit I ordered existed anymore after about 1 hour of use max. The spy pen radio did actually work barely for a few minutes, I remember clipping the antenna on to a water pipe in the basement, and the shriek alarm was an aerosol blast horn like they still sell today. I remember my babysitter exhausting that in about 5 minute as she chased me around the house with it (she tortured me in many novel ways).

lwien

some classic pics here!

My Dad used to tell me how he remembered waking up at 4am just to watch the test pattern on their new color tv. He also remembered when they got their first telephone that it was a shared phone between four homes with a four digit number. So when it rang, it rang in all four homes and everyone could answer it to see who it was for.

Yup. They were called "party lines".

2 Paces

I'm staring at a typewriter across the office right now. It's surprising how often it gets used.

We use it some for triplicate forms and for certain recurring documents. But mostly it's because NOBODY can read the receptionist's handwriting so she is on standing orders to use it for anything that other eyes see :lol:

satyrday

This bitch used to be fun!
17_main_zps0089dec3.jpg

Those were bad ass! I remember when those went on clearance - wish I would have gotten one (it would be long gone by now anyway). Vector graphics asteroids-like games - the way it was meant to be.

hmmmm...

ebvec_zps0a7232da.jpg

nah

I did buy one of these used and still have it buried somewhere around here I believe:

Virtual-Boy.jpg

mariot.jpg

Frickin' headache to stay in that position for long though.

2 Paces

If we're going to mention games, did anyone else have one of these?
Microvision-Handheld.png

My older brother had one with every cartridge when we were growing up. About 10 years ago I went on eBay and found him a complete working set. He called it the best birthday present ever :D

He actually has his entire garage decorated with old toys & stuff from the 70s & 80s. It's like walking down memory lane. I try to ignore the fact that some of those toys were ones that he forcibly took from me as a kid :lol:

satyrday

^damn - I had that!

And this, which is still a little embarrassing (I even asked for it):

ty1028.jpg

The glue always seemed too much of a commitment and mess, so I would just lay him on his back and apply the scars, etc. Yes, I played with a doll...

Top Bottom