Discontinued Old City Diffusers

champ3185

Old City Diffusers said:
Just an oversight. My apologies, wouldn't intentionally ignore you

no probs. I hope to do business with u in the future. Your product looks very nice indeed.

kind regards,

champ

champ3185,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the info. very much looking forward to a forum member getting a hold of one of these, and looking forward to getting a hold of one myself too.

IAmKrazy2,

Ennui Cookout

I won't be the first here to have one, but I'll certainly be posting my thoughts. I just paid for mine about ten minutes ago and mentioned to Wes that I didn't mind waiting a few weeks since he's already getting rushed, which isn't exactly the worst problem to have! :D

Ennui Cookout,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I have a good feeling this might make it under my tree in time for Christmas. :)

elmomuzz,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
This thread died quickly. Anyone been in contact with OCD and expecting one of these in the next few weeks?? Really looking forward to a forum member reviewing one of these. Thanks all.

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I sent an email back when thread first started... Never received a reply.

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have got a response, in fact several. Although i may have missed the first one, as the email comes from his real name and i thini i deleted the first one as spam. I told OCD to take care of some other customers first, and worry about me a little later.

IAmKrazy2,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
I've replied to everyones email, if for any reason I didn't respond- try me again. 5 orders went out this weekend, will hopefully arrive before Christmas - probably dependent on which coast your on. 5 more or so to go out before the new year.. I've been out of the state, I'll be able to focus once again on my work and answering questions here. Sorry to anyone if I missed your email, I try to be thorough when I respond to emails. Have a good one, taking more pictures tonight

Old City Diffusers,

finch

oh sweet I am one of the first 5!!!

Too bad I'm in CA, this might come in after the holidays. Oh well, late Xmas gift to me haha

And yeah, his first email (I also emailed him a day after the thread appeared) went to spam, I let him know and all others came in ok.

My review and pics will be up as soon as I put it through a few bowls

finch,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Awesome OCD. Glad to see you are plenty busy making and sending your new vape. Good luck to the test group, and be sure to give us plenty of info including possible pics and videos. Thanks. :D

IAmKrazy2,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Lo said:
I sent an email back when thread first started... Never received a reply.

Hey Lo!, I emailed you back on Thu, December 2, 2010 8:30:05 AM, it didn't end up in my spam. I was happy to see another vaporist in the great state of Florida. Let me know if your still interested. Have a good one! Let me know if you find it, or else I'll shoot you another email.

Old City Diffusers,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ OCD. I think I missed and deleted one, maybe two emails from you before i found one. But Wes was extremely prompt in all responses, and is easy to deal with. Rather then Wes as the name attached to your email account, you might want to try Old City Diffusers as the name listed when you send emails to help people pick it out of the junk in a flooded inbox. I am sure many like myself, use junk emails for this forum and transactions from this forum. I get a lot of garbage and am quick to delete.

Back to football, cheers ya'll.

IAmKrazy2,

finch

DAng KRAZY I though I had a lot of vapes !!

Gonna have to go visit the shops in anticipation of this baby, need to load it up with good good stuff day 1

finch,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
hello all!

I enjoyed sending out the first couple units, hope you don't think I'm neglecting you guys here... I have been busy in the shop working on a few test units that I had curing (or seasoning) in the shop over the last few months. Today I had finally got to enjoy turning them, these are fresh off the lathe-pre-assembly. I have also invested in a large amount of cypress to add to my supply of cherry, the hardest part about me finding wood to use is two huge variables size and taste. the size of the wood I use is 16/4 or nearly 4"x 4", I'm sure you can understand the predicament of trying to find hardwood in those sizes. but its definitely easier in some parts of the U.S. not so much in the flat state of Florida. Anyhow, I'll post some pictures up of some of the units. which include: black walnut, ash, black locust, and a new style I'm working on, a cypress unit (kind of a Taj Mahal like style), will post pictures to follow...

happy vaporizing!

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Black Walnut:

walnut.JPG

walnut_detail.JPG

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Black Locust: this is a neat species, will have spots of black in it with a great grain pattern
black_locust.JPG

black_locust_detail.JPG

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Here is a shot for some difference in wood types:
flavors.JPG

Here is the experimental cypress "Taj Mahal"
edit: This is not a natural cypress, stained with Soy-based stain in Deep Ebony, finished with 100% pure tung oil
cypress.JPG

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
I've also been considering doing a larger sized vaporizer if someone wanted a showpiece similar to a hookah-style setup. I would probably have 2-3 ports for vapor-tube connections, would employ tubing for simultaneous vaporizing of more than 1 persons, but this is just an idea! - don't throw just stones yet...

Something similar to this I made...

old_city_big_vape.JPG

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
I also have shots of each of the stains offered in the boxes if anyone is interested in the pictures for me to post.... have a good one guys & gals... time to work on the site and get the next batch out! I also have just came back from traveling up north and was able to pick up some beautiful FSC certified IPE (super tough, wonderfully dark wood). It should be on its way down south within the next week, I'll be working on a third style vaporizer as well...

NOTE: these woods will not be as available as others and vary in price (I know, bummer)
in the coming weeks I will hopefully be able to offer a larger supply of differing woods - I believe I have found a local supplier to give me a steady supply of pecan, oak, cherry, and sycamore...

Old City Diffusers,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Very nice lookin wood. I really like symmetry in the patterns on that last one :o most impressive.

steiner666,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The hookah style sounds very interesting. It could be ideal for groups for simultaneous inhalations. I think once that exists it's going to be the way to go for small parties. More and faster vaping go rounds and quicker ABV collection for future brownies.

jeffp,
Top Bottom