• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Old City Diffusers

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Hello All,

I am the owner of Old City Diffusers, LLC and I thought this would be a great place to unveil the OCD Vaporizer & Diffuser.

Please check out pages 17 & up for the newest information on OCD!

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Here's some pictures from the workshop: (older version, check pages 17 & up for the final units :) )

here is one I did in ambrosia maple... turned out pretty if you ask me...

1.jpg

Old City Diffusers,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It looks like a Launch Box, a DB and a PD had a threeway and this is their love child.

Stu,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
I know these pictures are not the greatest, but I'm trying - I'll get higher quality pictures up on the site, I give my empathy to website developers, its a pain - but its the last piece of the puzzle of Old City Diffusers to be really open to the public....

here's some pictures of the wood I spin for the custom cut dials, each dial is then inlayed with stainless steel so you can tell when its on/off and the position that you want it to be in...

OCD_99.jpg

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Here is a vapor tube butted up against the vaporizer - horizontal loading, easily cleanable, tight sealing, cools quickly.

Old City Diffusers,

lwien

Very unique, and yet...........not. Take some design que's from the DBV and the PD/MZ vapes and roll them up into something new.

I also like the initial presentation with the emphasis on using quality and healthy materials in it's construction along with being environmentally friendly. Ceramic lining between the wood the heat exchanger etc, etc etc. Oh, and the 5 dollar donation to "Doctors without Boarders" is a really nice touch.

What's the price point and warranty on this vape?

Lookin' forward to some hands on reviews.

Looks like you sat down, looked at two or three really successful designs and said, ok, how can I not only meld the best that both have to offer, but how can I improve upon it.

Did great out of the starting gate, Wes. Now we gotta see if this puppy has legs. ;)

Welcome........

lwien,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Very unique, and yet...........not. Take some design que's from the DBV and the PD/MZ vapes and roll them up into something new.

I also like the initial presentation with the emphasis on using quality and healthy materials in it's construction along with being environmentally friendly. Ceramic lining between the wood the heat exchanger etc, etc etc. Oh, and the 5 dollar donation to "Doctors without Boarders" is a really nice touch.

What's the price point and warranty on this puppy?

Lookin' forward to some hands on reviews.

Did great out of the starting gate, Wes.

Welcome........

175.00 with a one year warranty. After that units will repaired inexpensively (generally under $22)
The doctors without borders isn't so much a touch but a moral obligation- I'm trying as an individual to give more and this is what I consider a "start" (insert Peter Singer argument). I do believe what I have is unique, deconstruct most vaporizers and you will find similarities. I hope everyone who has the chance to enjoy the OCD vaporizer, does enjoy it.

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
DeepFried said:
what is the fda approved high temp gasket made of?
is it J-B Weld? or similar will it withstand 600 degrees F?
No, As far as I know JBweld is a two part black epoxy, the red o-ring you see behind the stainless filter is made of silicon- easily removable/washable/replaceable - withstands temperature of 500+, which is past most plant material combustion point

Old City Diffusers,

lwien

Great price point. All things considered, I was expecting it to be more.

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's a nice looking device. What's the heat range?

The biggest problem I see is the PD effect: if this catches on, you'll have a serious order backlog (excuse pun) in no time.

pakalolo,

lwien

Old City Diffusers said:
The doctors without borders isn't so much a touch but a moral obligation- I'm trying as an individual to give more and this is what I consider a "start" (insert Peter Singer argument).

And much respect to you for that. I couldn't help the "nice touch" comment. Didn't mean to trivialize. It's my decades old marketing background coming into play. ;)

lwien,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
From 0 to over 415 on full power. The dial is the on/off switch and has a rotation of 320 degrees of adjustment

Old City Diffusers,

lwien

Old City Diffusers said:
From 0 to over 415 on full power. The dial is the on/off switch and has a rotation of 320 degrees of adjustment

Infinitely variable, or are there click stops? If no click stops, are there indicator slash marks on the dial? Reason I'm asking is that being that the temp controller is doing double duty as a on/off switch, it would be nice to be able to go back to a temp that one was familiar with after a bit of use. Without any visual designators (can't see any in the pic) or audible clicks, it would be kind of a crap shoot, eh? Just a thought...........

lwien,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Old City Diffusers said:

Infinitely variable, or are there click stops? If no click stops, are there indicator slash marks on the dial? Reason I'm asking is that being that the temp controller is doing double duty as a on/off switch, it would be nice to be able to go back to a temp that one was familiar with after a bit of use. Without any visual designators (can't see any in the pic) or audible clicks, it would be kind of a crap shoot, eh? Just a thought...........

No clicks. Your point is well understood, I do have "slash" marks for the on/off but I took "others" opinion that it looked cleaner without it - I'll show you a picture of the markers I was talking about. The dial itself has a marker on it, so if you can tell the time from an analog watch you could essentially find the same setting you had before (assuming you used it at least once). If you guys want marks delineating the on/off or high/low - you'll get them!

I didn't mean to be offended by your remarks about the charity, but it seemed underhanded. I assumed it was a brand loyalty at first, but it makes sense coming from a marketing perspective. I will be donating regardless of the customers knowledge of it, but if you can do a good deed and have others feel good about participating in/or supporting that good deed, why not? I wouldn't possibly think anyone would choose an OCD vaporizer merely on the idea of charity...

As for price, that is what it will be at for now....Since its a new product to the market I thought I would offer a very fair price...

Here is what you might have been getting at... these marks are branded on...

Old City Diffusers,

lwien

Actually, I didn't see the dot on the dial in the first pic. That should work.

But yeah, I agree. It would look cleaner without the slash marks.

Old City Diffusers said:
I wouldn't possibly think anyone would choose an OCD vaporizer merely on the idea of charity...

No, but for someone who values the integrity of someone they are about to do business with, it sure doesn't hurt.

lwien,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Actually, I didn't see the dot on the dial in the first pic. That should work.

But yeah, I agree. It would look cleaner without the slash marks.

I agree as well... I felt as though the "dot" was enough of a reference point, so your not blindly turning a dial. I didn't want to put the slash marks but if someone needs it, its no biggie... I hand turn each of those dials, drill the holes and recess stainless steel for the marker.. each one gets sanded and soaked in Tung oil for a, nice touch.

I believe the price is very fair for the work and materials that go into it. To be very honest, it may not stay this way forever but will never become something that is shamefully overpriced. I felt like this was a fair price for something brand new on the market...

I want to remain fluid, I love these vaporizers and pour my heart into each one, I stand by the craftsmanship and quality that I try to withhold in each and every unit but if something needs changed. I'll change it.

edit: it is late, my poor grammar gets even worse in the late hours

Old City Diffusers,

vapormonkey

I must admit, I'm very impressed all the way around. "Ceramic lining between the wood the heat exchanger"--->When I first bought an Eterra 10 years ago I thought for sure the next wood vape would have this feature. And yes, it seems like a hybrid of sorts between a PD and a 7th floor buddah for whatever that's worth. On paper and in pictures I like everything about it. The price even seems right.

Love the glass draw tubes, just wish this guy wasn't so anal about wood species...lol ALL kind of wood can be harvested good like he likes it....hehe. Wow what a tree hugger. I live in the tree's, I love the trees and they are a friend of mine and do you really know your wood?

mod note: And FC wishes you would adhere to the rules and avoid calling another member "anal" and using "tree hugger" in the derogatory way it's obviously intended.
All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

vapormonkey,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It looks very nice. I love how the cord looks like a nice vintage guitar cable. :)

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom