Discontinued Old City Diffusers

finch

sweeet!!! Just put down my order can't wait!!!

have really small loads been tested yet? you mention you fill up about halfway but have you tried even less? would you get satisfying vapor?

I kinda compare this to my Da buddha where I have to AT LEAST fill up the wand enough to fill the screen diameter (about 2 pd/mz bowls worth)

Like lwein mentioned, I'm really interested in comparing this to my log vape with regards to efficiency.

gonna be an awesome xmas gift... to me!! :cool:

finch,

lwien

finch said:
Like lwein mentioned, I'm really interested in comparing this to my log vape with regards to efficiency.

Great. Post up a comparison review when ya get it. Lookin' forward to it. :)

lwien,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I ordered a ocd because it seems like it will give bigger hits. My PD is a little to conservative for my tastes. The ocd is also a lot cooler.

I am excited to receive it and compare my expectations to reality. :ko:

elmomuzz,

george

Awesome that we already got some users ordering the OCD. I'm looking forward to reviews as well, because in this day and age i always need to see reviews and videos before i make a purchase like this. This may be the next vape i buy down the road. :peace:

george,

stinkmeaner

Nice to see a another new vaporizer for the Holiday Season. The pricing seems fair and a finally a log type vaporizer that is not just a clone of the existing models.

stinkmeaner,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
finch said:
sweeet!!! Just put down my order can't wait!!!

have really small loads been tested yet? you mention you fill up about halfway but have you tried even less? would you get satisfying vapor?

I kinda compare this to my Da buddha where I have to AT LEAST fill up the wand enough to fill the screen diameter (about 2 pd/mz bowls worth)

I believe you get the best blend of: amount of draws, volume of vapor in hits, and efficiency, when you fill it halfway up. You can fill it up less than halfway up the "bowl" of the vapor-tube and still receive a good draw, sometimes I just barely cover the screen of the vapor-tube and it still works perfect. Hopefully that was what you want answered, let me know if I don't make any sense...

Thanks again for your interest and kind words to me, I really appreciate it. :peace:

Old City Diffusers,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
OCD- Not in a hurry but wondering if you saw my email. Maybe one of us got stuck in the spam folder. Looking forward to try this one, and love the box.

IAmKrazy2,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
OCD- Not in a hurry but wondering if you saw my email. Maybe one of us got stuck in the spam folder. Looking forward to try this one, and love the box.

I emailed you back on the 30th (recieved your email the 29th) if there was a mix up or something just let me know and i'll get back to you. I emailed you again just now, let me know if you recieve it.

Old City Diffusers,

wankgst

OK this vape is getting me pretty excited. (It must be, 'cuz it got me out of my "lurk" mode, and actually to post for the first time on this board.) Anyway, I'm really clsoe to pulling the trigger on the OCD. The adjustable temp and the glass tubes have sold me.

I really like the glass tubes...but am wondering how thick the glass is on the tubes? And how much are replacement tubes? I know myself well enough to know that the glass tube will eventually break when combined with a medicated me. It won't be a matter of if, but rather when. (I'm not saying that the glass tubes are a flaw--I'm just clumsy. I think that the glass tubes are a definite feature--even if I have to replace a broken one every now and then.

Cheers.
Tom

wankgst,

hereatlast

So whose ordered so far? We need a vid. or product review pretty soon :cool: . I'll be offering the latter up by the end of the year I think.

hereatlast,

champ3185

Hi. I am wondering how much efficient this vape is in comparison to the pd.. or how many hits can I get from .025g with this vape.

Second, is this vape available to Irish customers. I can see myself buying this.

peace
champ

champ3185,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
wankgst said:
OK this vape is getting me pretty excited. (It must be, 'cuz it got me out of my "lurk" mode, and actually to post for the first time on this board.) Anyway, I'm really clsoe to pulling the trigger on the OCD. The adjustable temp and the glass tubes have sold me.

I really like the glass tubes...but am wondering how thick the glass is on the tubes? And how much are replacement tubes? I know myself well enough to know that the glass tube will eventually break when combined with a medicated me. It won't be a matter of if, but rather when. (I'm not saying that the glass tubes are a flaw--I'm just clumsy. I think that the glass tubes are a definite feature--even if I have to replace a broken one every now and then.

Cheers.
Tom

The glass vapor tubes are made from genuine Rohr-Schott borosilicate glass, after molding them they're put in my kiln and annealed to remove all the stress from the glass. They are only .5" in diameter and 4"-6" long so they are pretty sturdy, I have dropped mine off my table several (and I mean several times) and no cracks. Also boro is not as affected by thermal shock... The glass tubes themselves are 2.3mm thick - You can see a close up shot of them on the first page, where it shows the thickness of the wall on the tube. These are stout little vapor-tubes.

Old City Diffusers,

Ennui Cookout

Seriously, I've got nothing but good vibes reading this thread. I really was looking for a log vape to try and I was pretty dead set on getting another brand. Wes, your product looks excellent and I'm looking forward to doing business with you.

Ennui Cookout,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
elmomuzz said:
I ordered a ocd because it seems like it will give bigger hits. My PD is a little to conservative for my tastes. The ocd is also a lot cooler.

Yes, the PD hits are not necessarily massive but they are fulsome and you get quite a few good hits with just a little bit of herb; a whip vape definitely provides a heavier vaping experience. Probably a direct trade off regarding efficiency. Although with a glass stem the PD inhalations kind of remind me of a whip vape to an extent in terms of intensity, yet with no loss of efficiency. Somewhat off topic, I know but that said, I'm looking forward to trying out the OCD as part of my quest to satisfy my vaporizer Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I do get a good vibe from this thread - we just sort of know somehow sight unseen that this is a great vaporizer.

Wonder what the warm up time is?

jeffp,

champ3185

champ3185 said:
Hi. I am wondering how much efficient this vape is in comparison to the pd.. or how many hits can I get from .025g with this vape.

Second, is this vape available to Irish customers. I can see myself buying this.

peace
champ

ill take the silence as a no then?

champ

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
how many hits can I get from .025g with this vape.
There are too many variables with any vape to answer the 'how many hits?' question, with the primary one being 'how big are your hits?', and with small bowls like this one, 'how fine is your grind?'. And if your herb is dry and finely ground, and depending on how you load, you may well have .05g in the bowl instead of .025g. Just loading a bowl like this and assuming you have .025g is a mistake. That figure is just an average, derived by using a very accurate scale, and loading the bowl in multiple runs of 10 bowls, weighing the 10 bowls worth of herb, and dividing to get an average. You can load less than .025g, or up to 3 times as much if you pack it with powder. And since some of these log vape bowls are now deeper than when the measurements were done, I think it's safe to say a typical log vape bowl now holds more, on average, than .025g.

max,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
jeffp said:
elmomuzz said:

Yes, the PD hits are not necessarily massive but they are fulsome and you get quite a few good hits with just a little bit of herb; a whip vape definitely provides a heavier vaping experience. Probably a direct trade off regarding efficiency. Although with a glass stem the PD inhalations kind of remind me of a whip vape to an extent in terms of intensity, yet with no loss of efficiency. Somewhat off topic, I know but that said, I'm looking forward to trying out the OCD as part of my quest to satisfy my vaporizer Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I do get a good vibe from this thread - we just sort of know somehow sight unseen that this is a great vaporizer.

Wonder what the warm up time is?

generally around 17-25 minutes depending on ambient temperature

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
champ3185 said:
champ3185 said:

peace
champ

champ

Please have some patience, I'm not able to get on this forum every night but I try my best to respond as quickly as I can. They are available to ship internationally but are only available in 110v right now. If you require 220v it may be a little while (I am in the process of getting new 220v style heating units), but they will hopefully be available soon.

Old City Diffusers,

champ3185

Old City Diffusers said:
champ3185 said:
champ3185 said:

peace
champ

champ

Please have some patience, I'm not able to get on this forum every night but I try my best to respond as quickly as I can. They are available to ship internationally but are only available in 110v right now. If you require 220v it may be a little while (I am in the process of getting new 220v style heating units), but they will hopefully be available soon.

Actually the reason I said that was because you answered other questions after I posted that and did not answer mine. I was not being impatient. Just wondering did you ignore my question, thats all.

champ

champ3185,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ OCD- what vapes have you used in the past? Did these have any influence on the design of the OCD? Were you previously a FC forum member, or just a lurker? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
@ OCD- what vapes have you used in the past? Did these have any influence on the design of the OCD? Were you previously a FC forum member, or just a lurker? Thanks.

I have tried a handful of Vaporizers generally in my travels of "hey, you got to come over my place and try my new vaporizer"- from Volcanoes, vapir, hotbox, purple-days, the iolite, etc etc etc. None of them really influenced the design of OCD, I essentially had a vision of what "I" would want and then expanded it so I could suit a larger audience. Essentially the function takes a lot of what you see, and then follows form, it just so happens to look the way it does. I previously signed up a few months ago but must have been vaporizing at the time, misspelled my name. I have no personal account or anything if that is what your wondering. what you see here is just me, no other account being used.

Old City Diffusers,
Top Bottom