Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Ha! That's definitely one of the perks I was going for.

Actually, the depression that the lid fits into I am pretty sure that a tea light candle fits into. When I was designing Noochie, that was actually ab important feature to me that I was going for - being able to leave the top off, throw a tea light candle on it and use it as an aromatherapy oil diffuser.

I say I'm pretty sure it fits because I abandoned the idea at one point because I was designing the stand that would hold the bowl of oil above the Noochie and candle and it was going to be ridiculously priced if made of 3D printed porcelain.

I still like and want to implement the idea but haven't had time to find/make an alternative - I'm thinking if I can even suspend a simple copper shallow bowl placed in between three "sticks" of sort, tied into a type of tripod shape at the top to hold the bowl in place - might be an effective and cheaper option.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Cumbersome in what way?

I'd love to hear what Shit Snacks has to say as well but I will say it's probably not for someone who just wants to thoughtlessly inhale and get medicated. If it's the angle it was being hit at that looks cumbersome, that was mostly for the camera to see what I was doing. You can hit it vertical, laying on your back horizontal or any angle in between and it wont matter.

But you do have to enjoy the process of loading, manually heating, finding/honing/refining your torch technique and the occasional or not so occasional stirring of your load.

That's not to say that after you have gotten your technique down that it requires time and thinking. I have used mine while playing a game online - after a death I'd pick it up, heat and inhale and set it back down all before I respawn. I've not worried or had any charring since the first few times I've used it because I know what flame length I need and how to move the torch.

I would really have to not be paying attention at all while just holding the torch in one spot pushed far down into the intake to even char anymore.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks Any thoughts on operating this vaporizer? I love the concept but the usage video makes it look a bit cumbersome.

Yeah I don't have much more to add, it's not cumbersome bc you can use it at any angle and it is very ergonomic, quite versatile as that video is just one way to use it. That being said it is still tricky for me to aim properly but the smaller torch is definitely giving me more control and helping me improve overall technique. When I get hits the way you are supposed to, they are pretty phenomenal, not too harsh and very tasty, nice strong signature, very much like using a little glass pipe back in the day. We have discussed a couple ideas to help me avoid scorching with my poor technique, but I am pretty confident most other users won't have the same difficulty I do with aim so I gave the go ahead to sell a batch just like this one. Its a pretty great value for a nice unique effective vape that's for sure!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Cumbersome in what way?

I'd love to hear what Shit Snacks has to say as well but I will say it's probably not for someone who just wants to thoughtlessly inhale and get medicated. If it's the angle it was being hit at that looks cumbersome, that was mostly for the camera to see what I was doing. You can hit it vertical, laying on your back horizontal or any angle in between and it wont matter.

But you do have to enjoy the process of loading, manually heating, finding/honing/refining your torch technique and the occasional or not so occasional stirring of your load.

That's not to say that after you have gotten your technique down that it requires time and thinking. I have used mine while playing a game online - after a death I'd pick it up, heat and inhale and set it back down all before I respawn. I've not worried or had any charring since the first few times I've used it because I know what flame length I need and how to move the torch.

I would really have to not be paying attention at all while just holding the torch in one spot pushed far down into the intake to even char anymore.

Mostly the angle, yes. In the video, operating it looks a little "blind faith" and I couldn't really tell if that's how the vaporizer works or if you are just trying to hide your face? The angle looked like maybe a concern for someone with long hair. I'd certainly be interested in seeing another video with more visible vapor production and perhaps some of these other angles to get a feel for the device if possible.

Yeah I don't have much more to add, it's not cumbersome bc you can use it at any angle and it is very ergonomic, quite versatile as that video is just one way to use it. That being said it is still tricky for me to aim properly but the smaller torch is definitely giving me more control and helping me improve overall technique. When I get hits the way you are supposed to, they are pretty phenomenal, not too harsh and very tasty, nice strong signature, very much like using a little glass pipe back in the day. We have discussed a couple ideas to help me avoid scorching with my poor technique, but I am pretty confident most other users won't have the same difficulty I do with aim so I gave the go ahead to sell a batch just like this one. Its a pretty great value for a nice unique effective vape that's for sure!

I guess the video really threw me off, just seems like a very strange angle to use it at if it can really be used at any angle and is very ergonomic. You say it's tricky for you to aim properly though, so that kind of sends the impression it's not usable at any angle?

Shit Snacks

Mostly the angle, yes. In the video, operating it looks a little "blind faith" and I couldn't really tell if that's how the vaporizer works or if you are just trying to hide your face? The angle looked like maybe a concern for someone with long hair. I'd certainly be interested in seeing another video with more visible vapor production and perhaps some of these other angles to get a feel for the device if possible.

I guess the video really threw me off, just seems like a very strange angle to use it at if it can really be used at any angle and is very ergonomic. You say it's tricky for you to aim properly though, so that kind of sends the impression it's not usable at any angle?

I think its me bc it is hard for me to aim close up, I have had trouble with other torch based vapes and aim, where I see most others do not at all. I am just shitty with a flame in general, back with smoking too, but I think it still works well. Its hard to describe the different angles, you see in person, but sorry I can't do videos

little maggie

I think its me bc it is hard for me to aim close up, I have had trouble with other torch based vapes and aim, where I see most others do not at all. I am just shitty with a flame in general, back with smoking too, but I think it still works well. Its hard to describe the different angles, you see in person, but sorry I can't do videos
As am I which is why you're input is helpful. Given how many butane vapes you've tried, which would you compare this to in terms of difficulty?

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Oh, yes trying to hide my face was the main priority in that video as I still am employed under a seperate company.

Well you can't see the top of the air intake while you are hitting it but I wouldn't call it blind faith simply because you guide your aim by the warmth you feel in your mouth. The first few times you might be aiming your torch a little wrong but as you adjust it you feel the air flowing into your mouth get warmer/hotter. It basically becomes muscle memory after that.

Shit Snacks

As am I which is why you're input is helpful. Given how many butane vapes you've tried, which would you compare this to in terms of difficulty?

Comparing to the three direct heat torch vapes, this is like the beta StickyBrick Jr for me, if you read my posts in that thread I had a lot of trouble with visibility and aim, part of what led to the final production version being tweaked to improve that, but I definitely think I haf more trouble than the other testers of the old beta version (I hope to get the new Jr sometime soon now that I have a good job again so I can verify...) So Noochie may even be a bit easier than that actually somehow, but Daisy is definitely easier than both, and I actually did pretty well with Lily if I really correctly, it's been a while, but that may be number one out if the direct torch heat vapes for me... Lotus and VapCap are kind of a different story?

Oh, yes trying to hide my face was the main priority in that video as I still am employed under a seperate company.

Well you can't see the top of the air intake while you are hitting it but I wouldn't call it blind faith simply because you guide your aim by the warmth you feel in your mouth. The first few times you might be aiming your torch a little wrong but as you adjust it you feel the air flowing into your mouth get warmer/hotter. It basically becomes muscle memory after that.

Yeah it's that mouth throat taste sense, something I am used to from Milaana, you don't do that in VapCap or really lotus either, even Daisy your using visibility. That's why I though I had better aim visibility when I moved it father away with the 18mm female mouthpieces (also smoother, though it can be surprisingly smooth already somehow) I still had some scorch issues bc i lost that direct taste feedback. It works really well like a little vapor pipe, visibility is not ideal but manageable and useful in a variety of ways for variety of people I think

Introduced someone to Daisy today btw, and they had some trouble at first (actually so did I) so we determined it to be an issue with our own depth perception, so that's probably the biggest factor in my aim torch technique issues btw

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Comparing to the three direct heat torch vapes, this is like the beta StickyBrick Jr for me, if you read my posts in that thread I had a lot of trouble with visibility and aim, part of what led to the final production version being tweaked to improve that, but I definitely think I haf more trouble than the other testers of the old beta version (I hope to get the new Jr sometime soon now that I have a good job again so I can verify...) So Noochie may even be a bit easier than that actually somehow, but Daisy is definitely easier than both, and I actually did pretty well with Lily if I really correctly, it's been a while, but that may be number one out if the direct torch heat vapes for me... Lotus and VapCap are kind of a different story?

Yeah it's that mouth throat taste sense, something I am used to from Milaana, you don't do that in VapCap or really lotus either, even Daisy your using visibility. That's why I though I had better aim visibility when I moved it father away with the 18mm female mouthpieces (also smoother, though it can be surprisingly smooth already somehow) I still had some scorch issues bc i lost that direct taste feedback. It works really well like a little vapor pipe, visibility is not ideal but manageable and useful in a variety of ways for variety of people I think

Introduced someone to Daisy today btw, and they had some trouble at first (actually so did I) so we determined it to be an issue with our own depth perception, so that's probably the biggest factor in my aim torch technique issues btw

Isn't it pretty surprising how smooth it is? That's what I was impressed with myself, for how short the airpath is, I feel like it is at least as smooth if not smoother, than my other vapes. Without throwing anyone under the bus, I own 5 others - one being a log.
All I ever get from Noochie is hot air, no tingling in my throat - not even really the tightening in my lungs like my log.

So yesterday my girlfriend and I quickly used the Nooch before we went on a walk. She's never had any butane vape experience and she hit it like a pro - nice clouds and not even close to being in any way on the path of charting. I simply explained to her to start out small, like flavoring a dish basically. Keep the flame further away from the intake hole and slowly move it closer and if the air feels like it's becoming too hot than back it off. She said it was simple once I explained it that way.

Saying all that - I used it and charred a bit..After saying I haven't in so long too. But my torch isn't the best and when it's about 3/4 empty it doesn't want to stay lit unless I turn the flame up. I have found that a flame at roughly .7 inches is the best all around starting point for Noochie and I actually usually try to always keep it here, hardly ever turning it up unless the load is very spent and I want to get that last bit out of it.
This time I turned it up a bit too much and since I was in a hurry I held it way too close and since it was bright out and you can only see the inner flame, I underestimated.

I have added an instructions of sort to the website. A nice little guide of the best practices for beginners to the Noochie, or any butane vape and how to get the best results right away - and then you can experiment from there.

Anyway, sorry if that feels like a ramble but I figured some kind of update might be interesting.

Shit Snacks

Isn't it pretty surprising how smooth it is? That's what I was impressed with myself, for how short the airpath is, I feel like it is at least as smooth if not smoother, than my other vapes. Without throwing anyone under the bus, I own 5 others - one being a log.
All I ever get from Noochie is hot air, no tingling in my throat - not even really the tightening in my lungs like my log.

So yesterday my girlfriend and I quickly used the Nooch before we went on a walk. She's never had any butane vape experience and she hit it like a pro - nice clouds and not even close to being in any way on the path of charting. I simply explained to her to start out small, like flavoring a dish basically. Keep the flame further away from the intake hole and slowly move it closer and if the air feels like it's becoming too hot than back it off. She said it was simple once I explained it that way.

Saying all that - I used it and charred a bit..After saying I haven't in so long too. But my torch isn't the best and when it's about 3/4 empty it doesn't want to stay lit unless I turn the flame up. I have found that a flame at roughly .7 inches is the best all around starting point for Noochie and I actually usually try to always keep it here, hardly ever turning it up unless the load is very spent and I want to get that last bit out of it.
This time I turned it up a bit too much and since I was in a hurry I held it way too close and since it was bright out and you can only see the inner flame, I underestimated.

I have added an instructions of sort to the website. A nice little guide of the best practices for beginners to the Noochie, or any butane vape and how to get the best results right away - and then you can experiment from there.

Anyway, sorry if that feels like a ramble but I figured some kind of update might be interesting.

Nice! Yeah that was good stuff, it's true with your breath to sense you just love the flame til you get the vapor you want, basically as simple as that. And totally the smoothness surprises you, even when I accidentally scorch or combust somehow.... Maybe it's the thick ceramic? A one of a kind vapor experience!

I haven't been adjusting flame sizes even, but yeah the eagle has a larger flame and itself is trickier to use being larger. Gonna have to contact eBay about the lvling torch since it never showed up from China...

But yeah that was a good little update with some solid technique tutorial dude, can't wait til more people have these to play with us here!

Philreal187

As I have quietly watched this thread and I am now really anticipating the release!! This vaporizer really seems pretty cool and the porcelain really seems much more practical than wood :o

Even with my addiction to exotic wood, a manual butane vape that can stay pristine clean really separates this one from the pack. The colors and logo look very nice from the pictures and can't wait for more of the official line up! The tea candle aromatherapy oils would be the nail in coffin and seal the deal on making this butane vape in a league all of its own.

Thanks @NoochieVape for the hard work and belief in fc to help bring the noochie to life! As always @Shit Snacks thanks for taking the plunge and the first hand feedback, always at spearhead of the vape game!!

:peace:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Thank you for that post @Philreal187, that made my night last night. I have noticed you following the thread and Noochie since the beginning and am so happy to hear the way you feel about it. It has come a long way since even the first post and a very very long way since the first drawings.

You actually inspired my girlfriend and I to really sit down last night and work out a way for the aromatherapy stand/bowl to work and we really think we've come up with something pretty dang sweet and totally do-able and most of all affordable for you guys. She also didn't get to bed until an hour and a half later than when she initially declared she was going to bed, so she has you to thank for that :lol:.

It's going to be an exciting (and nerve racking) next few weeks and I can't wait to hear everyones thoughts who's lucky enough to snag a first batch Noochie!

Shit Snacks

My lvling torch finally arrived from China, and it's actually the best one for Noochie yet!

It's a good quality and size, holds more than the Honest, but similar. It also has the flame dialed way down, so really it's this tiny flame that is helping me the most I suppose. So much control now, very little risk of combustion, I can consistently hold it close and not even scorch. Cheap on eBay and highly recommended

f8PAgac.jpg

I also tried a hopper bowl at like 400 through a Noochie bowl and it worked fairly well actually... But really the small flame small torch is the way to go here. A few Noochie bowls helped me get through this crazy crazy day :uhh::freak::peace:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
You have no idea how happy reading that has made me, @Shit Snacks. I'm happy that you've finally found your breakthrough moment with the Noochie.

It's from this moment on that it'll almost be almost second nature and you will hopefully enjoy your sessions with Noochie even more.

You've had it for a while now, I'm sure you've had to clean your screen. I've been wondering how cleaning it has been going? Is it as simple and easy as I was going for?

It's also very interesting that running the grasshopper through it worked decently!

Last edited:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Ha, I'm really glad to hear that, I can't wait for you to have one!

I'm honestly just waiting for the batch to be delivered. I did not anticipate this first batch being delayed by a few days but it now definitely should be by the end of next week LATEST!

Shit Snacks

You have no idea how happy reading that has made me, @Shit Snacks. I'm happy that you've finally found your breakthrough moment with the Noochie.

It's from this moment on that it'll almost be almost second nature and you will hopefully enjoy your sessions with Noochie even more.

You've had it for a while now, I'm sure you've had to clean your screen. I've been wondering how cleaning it has been going? Is it as simple and easy as I was going for?

It's also very interesting that running the grasshopper through it worked decently!

Oh yes, you know I was enjoying it all very much before, and now that I have nailed down consistent control with the right torch and small flame, it is truly a wonderful experience in every way!

I actually have not cleaned it yet aside from the one time after combusting, but you are right it is dead simple and super quick to clean, maybe even the quickest and most thorough cleaning possible with any vape! The ceramic is just so unique and effective in its implementation here

I am still curious about how else we could tweak the design for other experiences, modular with different lids or bottoms, but I know a lot of people are going to love Lil Noochie just as it is now!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I forget who posted it, but I love the idea of a long-ish wooden mp to hook up to this making it more of a j-hook shape. I think it would look great, add cooling for anyone who needs it, plus make it a little easier on people having aiming issues. It's possible whatever water adapter you're coming up with could could just hook up to a 14/8 mm j-hook too.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Oh yes, you know I was enjoying it all very much before, and now that I have nailed down consistent control with the right torch and small flame, it is truly a wonderful experience in every way!

I actually have not cleaned it yet aside from the one time after combusting, but you are right it is dead simple and super quick to clean, maybe even the quickest and most thorough cleaning possible with any vape! The ceramic is just so unique and effective in its implementation here

I am still curious about how else we could tweak the design for other experiences, modular with different lids or bottoms, but I know a lot of people are going to love Lil Noochie just as it is now!

Wow, well that's surprising that you haven't even had to clean it yet. I find I have to at least pop my screen out and give it a good brushing every 3-5 uses. But I do use a super fine grind, what are you using? I also haven't found that much resin stick to the porcelain surface much so have only ISO cleaned mine a few times as well.

There's really no reason that the design couldn't be infinitely changed and/or modified. I do have plans for a system such as this - where the lid stays consistent and can be moved freely between designs. But that is for the future!

I forget who posted it, but I love the idea of a long-ish wooden mp to hook up to this making it more of a j-hook shape. I think it would look great, add cooling for anyone who needs it, plusn make it a little easier on people having aiming issues. It's possible whatever water adapter you're coming up with could could just hook up to a 14/8 mm j-hook too.

I like that idea as well. I've also been playing with the idea of incorporating things like wood and leather into future products or Noochies but I want to just get some into people's hands in the first place!

Shit Snacks

Wow, well that's surprising that you haven't even had to clean it yet. I find I have to at least pop my screen out and give it a good brushing every 3-5 uses. But I do use a super fine grind, what are you using? I also haven't found that much resin stick to the porcelain surface much so have only ISO cleaned mine a few times as well.

There's really no reason that the design couldn't be infinitely changed and/or modified. I do have plans for a system such as this - where the lid stays consistent and can be moved freely between designs. But that is for the future!

I like that idea as well. I've also been playing with the idea of incorporating things like wood and leather into future products or Noochies but I want to just get some into people's hands in the first place!

Yeah grinds certainly a factor for that and you definitely use a finer grind than I do. Mine have been mostly medium fine probably, its even been course ish, but I'd say more medium than fine and more fine than course if that makes any sense lol. This is some older dryer stuff too, hopefully I'll be able to get some nice freshies soon to really enjoy that ceramic purity :drool:

Top Bottom