Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Hi, Can I assume the Noochie is made of porcelain, a sort of ceramic...? Is the torch high heat did affect the ceramic/porcelain or is it still like new?

A member assumed to be able to taste the ceramic (not me!), did you taste it too?

I ask that cause I'm in close contact with an artisanal ceramic maker and we are thinking to design something.... and porcelain seems better to avoid ceramic dust harmfull possibilities!
Hmmm, I know I've never really felt like there was a ceramic taste. The only trouble I've had is with concentrates, I ended up burning it more than vaping it and the taste was bad. I think some other posters have had better luck, I forget how. Cleanup was super easy though, doesn't take much iso to clean the bowl/airpath.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hmmm, I know I've never really felt like there was a ceramic taste.
I was not speaking of this unit specifically, but I remenber a talk I got with another member in the GH thread cause he claimed to taste the metal as well the ceramic (and silicone...) used in a lot of vaporizers. I agree the metallic taste of a brand new vape, or the silicon used in most cheap portables but I never tested myself the "ceramic taste".

I asked that cause since this vape is totally made of ceramic... it's a good indication how neutral is the ceramic.

Now a question for the manufacturer (I hope it's not an industrial secret!): How do you proceed to get the exact size you want since the ceramic coating (looking like porcelain) will expand while cooking..? The ceramic maker (not 3D printed) I'm working with tell me it's nearly impossible to get a very exact sizing using this technic (maybe this is explain the o-rings used in the Noochie).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was not speaking of this unit specifically, but I remenber a talk I got with another member in the GH thread cause he claimed to taste the metal as well the ceramic (and silicone...) used in a lot of vaporizers. I agree the metallic taste of a brand new vape, or the silicon used in most cheap portables but I never tested myself the "ceramic taste".

I asked that cause since this vape is totally made of ceramic... it's a good indication how neutral is the ceramic.

Now a question for the manufacturer (I hope it's not an industrial secret!): How do you proceed to get the exact size you want since the ceramic coating (looking like porcelain) will expand while cooking..? The ceramic maker (not 3D printed) I'm working with tell me it's nearly impossible to get a very exact sizing using this technic (maybe this is explain the o-rings used in the Noochie).

Yeah it is porcelain here, and it is extremely pure, part of the unique aspect is this pure ceramic experience with pure convection as I've detailed here before. Not all ceramic is equal for sure, this is not at all like the ceramic ovens in those Chinese conduction vapes, glazing makes a huge difference too (you never taste ceramic drinking out of a glazed mug, no matter how hot)

And yeah hence the 3D printing gets it more precise, and o rings make it airtight. Also why they have to glaze it themselves, instead of letting him get his own fancy glaze on. It won't be easy to hand build these with any exact consistency for even the most skilled potters I believe (as someone who works with ceramics myself) but that could be cool to make more customized one off pieces perhaps...

I am looking forward to see what @NoochieVape has up his sleeve for new design though, good luck getting everything back up better than ever soon! Hope family is enjoying the new place, I know moving cross country is an ordeal, let me know if/when I can help at all

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Porcelain and most other ceramics actually,to my knowledge, shrink when in the kiln not expand. But yes, you're right, that you do have to take into account the shrinkage and then the glazing process as well - as different glazes are thicker than others. It's really just trial and error and the o-ring for sure to create an airtight seal.

\

I am looking forward to see what @NoochieVape has up his sleeve for new design though, good luck getting everything back up better than ever soon! Hope family is enjoying the new place, I know moving cross country is an ordeal, let me know if/when I can help at all

Thanks bud! I'm pretty positive everything is on track to be up for sale pretty soon here. I've honestly been neglecting poor Nooch, not when sales come in of course, but in general as this last year has been pretty hectic. I've been able to sit down and start designing again this last week so I am pretty excited about that.

The family is enjoying the new spot, although it is a big adjustment! We are on a farm now with lots of animals so the kids are really loving it.

cgod

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that the site is back up and orders can be placed once again.

I've taken 20% off of all Noochie variants until August 4th at midnight - already enabled on the site!

Other even more exciting news coming in a few weeks! :science:
In love with this design, im from the UK and very intrested in purchasing! Wish i would have made saw this in time for the sale!

cgod

Glad to hear it!

The coupon FCNOOCHIE is pretty much always active for 10% off your order. ;)
Any chance you can PM me a photo of the Oribe Green and Cobalt Blue colors you have in stock? Im torn between the two and want to see which finish looks better!

Love your design btw, looks very much like something you would find in Morocco!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Any chance you can PM me a photo of the Oribe Green and Cobalt Blue colors you have in stock? Im torn between the two and want to see which finish looks better!

Love your design btw, looks very much like something you would find in Morocco!
Sent one! Glad to hear you dig the design, that's very interesting about Morocco, sounds like I need to visit and do some ceramic souvenir hunting!

I think most people are intimidated by the design, but ol Nooch is pretty easy going - if I do say so myself.

cgod

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Come to think of it Noochie does call to mind a Tagine...

41htQ%2BAAwfL._SY355_.jpg

CSW034_Indigo_Mini_Tagine__94601.1448315503.jpg

Glad we're finally getting some more new users in here!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Oh yeah, Noochie would fit in sitting on those steps for sure!

That's what I love about the idea of using such an ancient material such as porcelain and combinging it with 3D printing. You can create things that have an old world, quality feel to it. Ceramic will never go out of fashion and in my opinion there ain't enough of it if these parts!:p

One day maybe excavationists will unearth a Noochie along side someone's bones, like we do with Native American pots now, and write in the history books how "primitive" we must have been :lol:

Top Bottom