Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Thought I'd post a pic of how I do a really small dose. Sorry the pic is so blurry, my cell is terrible with close ups. Not sure how much this is, I'm double butt at guestimating since I never weigh. I should of put something next to it for context, but it's a pretty small amount. I just scoop with the screen or pour in and tamp a little and then carefully put it in the mp.

IMG_20161212_083606.jpg

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Oh that's a completely backwards way than I ever even imagined hitting the Noochie. That's pretty sweet and interesting though honestly especially for single or close to single hit extractions.

I would guess you should be even less likely to char doing it this way. Not only can you use the flame length and your distance from the intake to control temp, but depending on how far you push the screen through the mouthpiece, should further reduce the amount of heat getting to the herb at one time.

Have you tried yet playing with the distance of the screen in the mouthpiece?

Here's mine from yesterday afternoon. I usually try and go dark but I was in a rush before a party :).

BxxbNlz.jpg

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thought I'd post a pic of how I do a really small dose. Sorry the pic is so blurry, my cell is terrible with close ups. Not sure how much this is, I'm double butt at guestimating since I never weigh. I should of put something next to it for context, but it's a pretty small amount. I just scoop with the screen or pour in and tamp a little and then carefully put it in the mp.

IMG_20161212_083606.jpg

Realized what this was only now, will have to try it out for myself at some point.

jLcgQu8.jpg

This was posted on Reddit @StormyPinkness . Apparently it worked pretty well.

Meanwhile tried this and it definitely works, very interesting, but not easy to stir and gotta be careful not to scorch. I mostly did get an overcooked spot every hit but no combustion and still shockingly smooth even so. The wonder of unique Noochie vapor!

The metal of the rim did seem to be rubbing off on the bare porcelain bottom of my lid (don't know if that's happen with the current lids that have the rim) so hopefully that'll clean off with iso. It does fit pretty perfectly and is definitely a viable option for microdosing concerns

That being said I don't expect it to be the primary way I'd use Noochie but nice to have as an option. Another example of the versatility here, I don't really understand why it's not more popular yet. I think people are pre judging, when in person in use it's pretty fantastic imo

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
I'm glad you had a chance to use it that way, it does seem kind of cool and it is nice to have options but I don't think I would do it either just because it wouldn't be as simple and that is my whole point with Noochie - simplicity.

Yeah, eh who knows. I'm lucky enough to be able to just sit back and go with whatever happens though.

It is slowly selling and I'm actually not sure exactly who or where the people that are buying them are seeing or hearing about it because they don't seem to be on here or Reddit :hmm:.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
So I have been playing around with the noochie for a while now, very thankful for it from a reddit giveaway from @NoochieVape, and I wanted to share some quick thoughts.

I have been playing around with grind consistency, packing, screen placement, etc and I find I get the best results with a very small amount .1g at most and a medium to fine grind. Not what I expected with a convection unit.

With the smallest flame size I have, I have gotten some very pure tasting vapor. When I try for higher temperatures, I can only take short draws though. I actually burnt my lip, didn't burn the herb, after taking a 10 second draw.

So far this has been one of my new favorites for low temperature microdosing. Over a day, I will take 5-6 draws and clear the bowl with .05g in it.

If anyone has any tips to help take longer draws, I'm all ears.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So I have been playing around with the noochie for a while now, very thankful for it from a reddit giveaway from @NoochieVape, and I wanted to share some quick thoughts.

I have been playing around with grind consistency, packing, screen placement, etc and I find I get the best results with a very small amount .1g at most and a medium to fine grind. Not what I expected with a convection unit.

With the smallest flame size I have, I have gotten some very pure tasting vapor. When I try for higher temperatures, I can only take short draws though. I actually burnt my lip, didn't burn the herb, after taking a 10 second draw.

So far this has been one of my new favorites for low temperature microdosing. Over a day, I will take 5-6 draws and clear the bowl with .05g in it.

I feel my lips getting too hot sometimes when I pucker up to it. If I open my mouth a bit more so the mp bump is a little further in that doesn't happen. Slightly more mouth around it than mouth on it. I'm having a difficult time writing this without it sounding super "that's what she said".....

Lookatmeglow

I feel my lips getting too hot sometimes when I pucker up to it. If I open my mouth a bit more so the mp bump is a little further in that doesn't happen. Slightly more mouth around it than mouth on it. I'm having a difficult time writing this without it sounding super "that's what she said".....

Well that is a great opening for a "that's what she said" joke.

I will try to put it farther in my mouth, that's dirty, and see if that helps. I was also thinking about using a silicone whip, or even a small silicone gasket and glass stem from the mflb.

Shit Snacks

Welcome man! Glad you finally joined us here :tup:

I also do shorter hits hear, since you sense the heat instantiously so that is also a factor in my smooth hits. The hot lips happened to me a few times, but it's not typical and hasnt happened in a while, but I can't recall what I did differently...

Lookatmeglow

Welcome man! Glad you finally joined us here :tup:

I also do shorter hits hear, since you sense the heat instantiously so that is also a factor in my smooth hits. The hot lips happened to me a few times, but it's not typical and hasnt happened in a while, but I can't recall what I did differently...

Well I have been a member for a while, just decided to start posting more here. Found a couple threads I hadn't seen yet either.

The hot lip happened abut a week ago and it was the first and only time so far. Just caught me off guard really. I think the biggest thing that helped was just taking shorter draws, like 5 seconds.

I have combusted a couple times while figuring it out, but it takes all of 5 minutes with a quick iso soak to get clean. Again, my SO is a natural. Didn't have to tell her anything and she figured it out. I use butane more, but she just has the use of every unit down after the first try.

I am strongly considering getting a silicone stopper or tubing and hooking it up to a water piece. It would help with the hot lips and add some water filtration.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Glad to see you here and enjoying your Noochie! Have you tried any of the tips from this page?
https://www.imminentdawning.com/pages/instructions

I'll have to time my hits next time but I would guess the majority of my hits are 8-15 seconds.

I think the most important tips I have is using that small .7 inch flame when first starting a bowl. Since it sounds like you do already, the next thing would be are you keeping that flame moving or holding it still? I know a lot of people compare it to a sticky bricks and I haven't actually used one but you do have to have a slightly different technique from what I gather.

Since there is no carb hole, I keep that flame further away for the first few hits to keep them really tasty. Then I'll start further away and slowly bring the flame closer to the air path opening but always swirling it around the opening and judging the temp by the heat on my mouth - if I feel like it is getting too hot I flick the flame away for only a second or two while continuing to inhale before bringing the flame back in. You can do this multiple times throughout a hit depending on how hot and cloudy you want to go. For this reason, I haven't seen it absolutely necessary to introduce a carb hole in the lid. It's just a little bit of a different technique than what people are used to so far.

I hope this helps some!

-----

I use my Noochie as you do, as a way to micro dose throughout the day. Except I do usually fill it 1/2 - 3/4 or even all the way full and find my avb just sort of melts into almost a keif/brown sugar consistency. I haven't had issues with combusting which honestly I still don't think I've ever done. Maybe there is something wrong with me because I never combusted inside my mflb either..Maybe I just don't do as big and hot of hits as others try to do. :shrug:

This pic is from a few days ago and I was pretty proud of the avb consistency and darkness. Although admittedly my girlfriend did char a bit on one of her hits. Sorry that I'm obsessed with how I dark and even I get my abv ha.

eRpkvmH.jpg

Lookatmeglow

Glad to see you here and enjoying your Noochie! Have you tried any of the tips from this page?
https://www.imminentdawning.com/pages/instructions

I'll have to time my hits next time but I would guess the majority of my hits are 8-15 seconds.

I think the most important tips I have is using that small .7 inch flame when first starting a bowl. Since it sounds like you do already, the next thing would be are you keeping that flame moving or holding it still? I know a lot of people compare it to a sticky bricks and I haven't actually used one but you do have to have a slightly different technique from what I gather.

Since there is no carb hole, I keep that flame further away for the first few hits to keep them really tasty. Then I'll start further away and slowly bring the flame closer to the air path opening but always swirling it around the opening and judging the temp by the heat on my mouth - if I feel like it is getting too hot I flick the flame away for only a second or two while continuing to inhale before bringing the flame back in. You can do this multiple times throughout a hit depending on how hot and cloudy you want to go. For this reason, I haven't seen it absolutely necessary to introduce a carb hole in the lid. It's just a little bit of a different technique than what people are used to so far.

I hope this helps some!

-----

I use my Noochie as you do, as a way to micro dose throughout the day. Except I do usually fill it 1/2 - 3/4 or even all the way full and find my avb just sort of melts into almost a keif/brown sugar consistency. I haven't had issues with combusting which honestly I still don't think I've ever done. Maybe there is something wrong with me because I never combusted inside my mflb either..Maybe I just don't do as big and hot of hits as others try to do. :shrug:

This pic is from a few days ago and I was pretty proud of the avb consistency and darkness. Although admittedly my girlfriend did char a bit on one of her hits. Sorry that I'm obsessed with how I dark and even I get my abv ha.

eRpkvmH.jpg

I looked over the tips from your site and they helped me get started. The flame length is under .7 inches for sure and I am keeping it farther away. I have been keeping me flame at an angle, instead of straight up and down, perpendicular to the ground, I have it at a slight angle away from my face. So 80° compared to 90°. I hope that makes sense.

I don't think you should add a carb, it is a slightly different technique than the sticky brick line. Different, not better or worse mind you, just different. My SO hasn't combusted in the noochie once, so I think it is more about my draw than anything else. Slower draws have proven better than faster in my experience.

I will try swirling the flame tonight to see if that helps. I like to flick it, I think as you described, to help keep the heat more consistent. I might try grinding it even finer and seeing if that helps. So far my favorite thing is that the ceramic stays cool enough to the touch, that even after taking a longer than normal of my draws, I can still take off the top and stir the oven almost right away.

My abv has been coming out about as dark as yours, 100% I agree that it just turns to a powder as I go. It's a little weird, but hasn't affected it in a negative way. I am thinking of trying a screen mod, maybe the elb lid or using a basket screen on top.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I agree that the technique is more about moving the flame in and out of the intake path rather than just adjusting your distance from it like with other butane vapes (Sticky Brick/Daisy). I was combusting pretty often until I started swirling. I also agree it doesn't need a carb hole, though it might help to not combust when you first start using it. On my daisy it was always an "oh shit" valve for when I thought I might combust, I never controlled my draws with it. I actually just bought some corks to keep it plugged.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
You know, now that I think of it I never really played with different draw speeds. I've always hit it at the speed of a normal inhale, maybe a bit slower, I think because I was accustomed to it from the mflb days. But it's always worked and I never even thought to change it up and try a fast bong rip draw.

So I think you are right that a slower draw is also key, I should add that to the tips on the website.

I'm glad to hear you guys don't think a carb is necessarily necessary either. I was beginning to think I made a big mistake not having one.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
You know, now that I think of it I never really played with different draw speeds. I've always hit it at the speed of a normal inhale, maybe a bit slower, I think because I was accustomed to it from the mflb days. But it's always worked and I never even thought to change it up and try a fast bong rip draw.

So I think you are right that a slower draw is also key, I should add that to the tips on the website.

I'm glad to hear you guys don't think a carb is necessarily necessary either. I was beginning to think I made a big mistake not having one.
How hard is that to try? I guess you'd need to figure out the design and alter the model or whatever the 3d printer uses, but after that?. Bulk is probably cheaper too. I'm not asking because I want one, I'm just curious about... level of effort I guess? How easy is is to screw around with the design and get it in your hands? I love that aspect of at home 3d printers, I have no idea about ceramic 3d printing though.

I keep trying to find a legitimate reason to buy a 3d printer besides it's cool and I want play with one.

Shit Snacks

Though not necessarily necessary, I would still like to try one. I'm honestly still not so great with the technique relatively, maybe not trusting myself enough (and my torches are annoying as fuck) so a carb would allow use of a larger flame and not having to put flame in and out (which I can't really do during a hit myself, prob due to my aim and breath) Not as much a carb but a fresh air intake, mostly just curious

Last edited:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Yeah, I hear ya @Shit Snacks - I will get you one eventually I promise!

@StormyPinkness Changing the actual model itself is relatively easy and is what is nice about 3D printing. I can make changes very quickly, upload the new model and voila..almost two weeks later it would be in my hands. It's really the porcelain material and then the glaze on top of it that makes it difficult. The guidelines and model dimensions/specifications for porcelain are not as tight as one would like mostly because adding glaze on top adds a certain amount of blind faith to the whole process. The biggest problem is that I don't print these myself, or more-so that un glazed prints are not available to me at this time. So I'm trusting others to glaze the pieces and for everything to still fit and holes not to be glazed over.

And since the carb hole would/should be a fairly small hole - without being able to glaze them myself yet and ensure that that hole isn't going to be glazed over completely, I just hadn't wanted to invest the time and money into it if it wasnt absolutely necessary.

That said, just the last few days I had been thinking about finally doing it and getting some test prints in!

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I hear ya @Shit Snacks - I will get you one eventually I promise!

@StormyPinkness Changing the actual model itself is relatively easy and is what is nice about 3D printing. I can make changes very quickly, upload the new model and voila..almost two weeks later it would be in my hands. It's really the porcelain material and then the glaze on top of it that makes it difficult. The guidelines and model dimensions/specifications for porcelain are not as tight as one would like mostly because adding glaze on top adds a certain amount of blind faith to the whole process. The biggest problem is that I don't print these myself, or more-so that un glazed prints are not available to me at this time. So I'm trusting others to glaze the pieces and for everything to still fit and holes not to be glazed over.

And since the carb hole would/should be a fairly small hole - without being able to glaze them myself yet and ensure that that hole isn't going to be glazed over completely, I just hadn't wanted to invest the time and money into it if it wasnt absolutely necessary.

That said, just the last few days I had been thinking about finally doing it and getting some test prints in!

Yup yup, relatively easy, but still not super simple or quick really. As we discussed the trick will be making the angled hole in the cap (where the tube meets the disc) the right size so that when it is glazed it leaves a tiny little air hole straight through. There's gotta be some way to math that right? lol

Looking forward to testing it out some day (along with other ideas ofcourse), you know I think it could be a worthy investment if it helps lower the learning curve and allows even more control for an already extremely versatile vape :tup:

Lookatmeglow

So I just want to add some more rambled thoughts. The noochie has been something I just enjoy using right before bed. I load up a little 0.05, probably less but I haven't weighed it out, bowl and clear it in a hit or two. The taste is divine on the first hit and then I try to finish the rest in a single draw.

I have also found that I like to use a fine grind, about the same I use in the pax 2, for it. So it has been perfect for my situation. I fill up the pax for my SO, take a little bit to use in the noochie and then I'm set. It's cut down on my session consumption, but I seem to have increased my tolerance by using more than one vaporizer a day.

Just want to say, I don't think you need to change the design for the lid. If you add an extra air intake, it might be seen as a carb and I have found that I don't really need a carb at all. Just smooth slow draws, and a quick rip to clear it. I have gotten some very close to combustion hits, but it was easy to stop.

Top Bottom