Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Yep, that would seem to truly be the "Noochie Niche"! :)

My personal hesitations regarding the Noochie (for whatever it may be worth as feedback) is twofold.

1. the torch flame would be too close to my face for comfort
2. I don't know what the Noochie brings to the vaping experience that would motivate me to spend the necessary time to develop a effective and consistent technique?

I have no idea what may be involved with modifying the form factor via 3D printing, but if it could be modified, economically, to allow a user like me to get past the issue of "flame/face proximity" then I'd be more inclined to give it a go.

It's quite possible I stand alone with my reluctance to try the Noochie but I just wanted to give you my distant impressions of what you've produced. On the upside, I REALLY like the glazing as it gives it a very attractive aesthetic as well as a certain stealth factor.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to your next video and would ask if you might be able to show us how you can use the Noochie and torch at various angles, if possible. That might help me begin the process of getting over my "torch timidity"!

@NoochieVape , I truly would love to see another FC member succeed with his invention so please, KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!!! :rockon:

Thanks for voicing your thoughtful concerns. And thank you very much for your well wishes, I appreciate that greatly!

First off, I don't quite understand what you guys mean by the "Noochie's Niche" - great saying though ha! It can be used as a session vaporizer just as easily as a hit and go vaporizer. It's just all down to how much you personally want to consume.

I can see where your concern about the flame being close to your face is a valid concern, but as @Shit Snacks said, it just doesn't seem to end up a problem at all in my experience. @StormyPinkness and @mephisto could weigh in if it is for them as well. The flame is close enough to your face that you might look a little cross-eyed to someone else watching you eye the flame in the process of a hit. Other than that I've never felt heat, let alone warmth from the flame on my face or nose while hitting it.

I will try and do something for the video showing off the way I use Nooch. I only mentioned the different ways to hit it before because technically you could hit it anyway you wanted. Or say you had the Noochie on a water pipe, I imagine it would sit horizontally and it would operate just the same as if it was held vertically like normal.

I hit it at about a 20 degree angle, if I had to guess. I put the mouthpiece to my mouth and tilt the Noochie away from my face, the bottom of the Noochie ends up basically resting on the front of my chin. So when you are holding the lighter, it is not directly up and over the airpath and in font of your face but tilted out in front of your face slightly, if that makes sense.

As for what Noochie brings to the experience, that's something everyone has to determine when shopping for a new vaporizer I suppose. In the end they all are doing the same exact thing really, they just all vary slightly because of design differences so offer slightly different experiences. If you've used butane vaporizers before than the technique is going to come pretty naturally to you. If you've never used them and just don't want to spend the time to develop a technique, then fair enough
!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Thanks for voicing your thoughtful concerns. And thank you very much for your well wishes, I appreciate that greatly!

First off, I don't quite understand what you guys mean by the "Noochie's Niche" - great saying though ha! It can be used as a session vaporizer just as easily as a hit and go vaporizer. It's just all down to how much you personally want to consume.

I can see where your concern about the flame being close to your face is a valid concern, but as @Shit Snacks said, it just doesn't seem to end up a problem at all in my experience. @StormyPinkness and @mephisto could weigh in if it is for them as well. The flame is close enough to your face that you might look a little cross-eyed to someone else watching you eye the flame in the process of a hit. Other than that I've never felt heat, let alone warmth from the flame on my face or nose while hitting it.

I will try and do something for the video showing off the way I use Nooch. I only mentioned the different ways to hit it before because technically you could hit it anyway you wanted. Or say you had the Noochie on a water pipe, I imagine it would sit horizontally and it would operate just the same as if it was held vertically like normal.

I hit it at about a 20 degree angle, if I had to guess. I put the mouthpiece to my mouth and tilt the Noochie away from my face, the bottom of the Noochie ends up basically resting on the front of my chin. So when you are holding the lighter, it is not directly up and over the airpath and in font of your face but tilted out in front of your face slightly, if that makes sense.

As for what Noochie brings to the experience, that's something everyone has to determine when shopping for a new vaporizer I suppose. In the end they all are doing the same exact thing really, they just all vary slightly because of design differences so offer slightly different experiences. If you've used butane vaporizers before than the technique is going to come pretty naturally to you. If you've never used them and just don't want to spend the time to develop a technique, then fair enough
!
I don't find the flame near my face to be an issue. The flame points down and I don't feel any heat from it, I keep the flame lower for my noochie too. Like you said the only weird part is how high/close you hold the flame when you're doing a hit, looking up at it is a little awkward at first. I might actually try tilting it like you.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Very good news to hear @StormyPinkness!

Working on shooting the new video this morning. Here's a sweet pic of Nooch while I drank my coffee.

gf3QvJ0.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes, really nice work on the video!

Wondering, if one doesn't fill the bowl completely would shaking the Noochie adequately substitute for stirring after each draw?

After a hit the herb can become stuck together though, so shaking ma unit do anything actually, kinda gets fused in place like a Milaana stem load, especially a fine grind but even course can. I've tried loading any amount of any grind though and it does work regardless

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Thanks guys!

It does kind of get stuck and sticky after a hit. I haven't actually tried shaking it, did you say you have @Shit Snacks? It might work if you bang it on the palm of your hand like a mflb. It also might depend on the strain and how the cure is.

You could definitely stir it by sticking something down the airpath and into the chamber. I'm not sure if it would be better or more hassle though then just popping off the lid.

Shit Snacks

Well, can it be stirred, minimally perhaps, by insertig a stir tool thru the end of the intake?

Oh yeah if its long enough it'd probably work fine, but I like to see what I'm doing, with the Zion stir stick I use that should work though.

@NoochieVape I really don't think shaking will work, I've never been able to do that in other vapes either really, people do it with the Elevape and its never worked for me... Can't do it in Daisy Lily or StickyBrick Jr either really

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The video was great. However watching 6 scoops of medicine go in there I can see this is not the vape for me. After the first hit the taste will devolve. Medicine sticking together is another nuisance.

I wish you well my friend but at this point I am out.

Shit Snacks

The video was great. However watching 6 scoops of medicine go in there I can see this is not the vape for me. After the first hit the taste will devolve. Medicine sticking together is another nuisance.

I wish you well my friend but at this point I am out.

As I've said, you can use as much or as little as you want bud, I've had fine results with one scoop (maybe even less) and I've tried pretty much everywhere in between that and max capacity... Also with stirring there's no issue taste wise or sticky wise, it's like any convection vape and it depends on your meds too. One thing unique about Noochie is the ceramic chamber which does retain oils (and flavor btw) in the herb very well despite hit after hit after hit, especially smaller hits like I do with it

Shit Snacks

Oh no its not, and that is ok. The world is big enough for an unlimited amount of styles of vapes. All will have their different aspects, trade offs and signatures.

Variety is the spice of life after all . . . :peace:

@NoochieVape - I wish you the best of luck on your very beautiful and intriguing product . . . :tup:

Ofcourse they do, but I meant in the sense you can use any amount you like (most good convection vapes in my experience at least) This is certainly unique and not for everyone, I just find it a bit baffling if that is the only reason you're out (again)? Apologies if I misunderstood

Meanwhile I finally got some nice Cali meds today, fruit loops and gorilla glue, going to be fun to treat myself to the pure taste and unique signature of vaping them in the nooch :tup:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
but I meant in the sense you can use any amount you like
Sorry but you can't say all convection vapes can use any amount. That is just not the experience I have had as a tester here and it denies the laws of physics. Every vape will have a minimum load and maximum load to work properly and some have a "sweet spot" somewhere in between where they really work best. This is what efficiency is all about. Can the vape handle small loads and provide medical quality results? All vapes have different abilities for what they can handle and I have never tested any vape that can do all amounts. No vape is that versatile IME. I would never own a S&B Plenty for this reason.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Sorry but you can't say all convection vapes can use any amount. That is just not the experience I have had as a tester here and it denies the laws of physics. Every vape will have a minimum load and maximum load to work properly and some have a "sweet spot" somewhere in between where they really work best. This is what efficiency is all about. Can the vape handle small loads and provide medical quality results? All vapes have different abilities for what they can handle and I have never tested any vape that can do all amounts. No vape is that versatile IME. I would never own a S&B Plenty for this reason.

Please don't tell me what I can say man... There are several vapes in my signature that can work very well with a wide ranging amount, sure there's a max, a min, an optimal amount based on preference, etc. Okay maybe you're taking my "any" a bit more literally than I intended, and I can ofcourse only speak to the convection vapes I have used personally... efficiency wise most on demand pure convection can be quite close to each other (I was not thinking of a plenty at all) if you know how to get the most out of the vape (like even EQ apparently) which many of us here, like you and myself who have tested several vapes thoroughly, can do very well... the fact remains the Noochie (and other on demand convection vapes with and without torches) can work with less than he used in that video, and I don't know why you seem to deem my experience invalid, especially with vapes you have not experienced for yourself :2c::peace:
Sorry to drag on and sorry if I got under skins

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Oh no its not, and that is ok. The world is big enough for an unlimited amount of styles of vapes. All will have their different aspects, trade offs and signatures.

Variety is the spice of life after all . . . :peace:

@NoochieVape - I wish you the best of luck on your very beautiful and intriguing product . . . :tup:

Thank you, I do appreciate that very much!

I do wonder though, why is having your botanicals become sticky the first few hits a nuisance?

Well, I'm still considering it...just taking some time to mull it over . :tup:

No worries man, do your thing!

Shit Snacks

So I did try a bowl of the GG kinda medium course grind, only one scoop. It worked well for low temps at the bottom (with concentrate you could have more freedom to go all out with the torch, and the ceramic bottom of the oven would be perfect for them I would think) and then as stormy said I packed em up against the mouthpiece screen and could get higher temp bigger clouds. Either way the effects were strong, maybe even too much so as I may have over did it and ended up :zzz: before I could finish. I really do think efficiency comes down to technique in a vape like this, with many different ways to use it effectively :peace:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
So I did try a bowl of the GG kinda medium course grind, only one scoop. It worked well for low temps at the bottom (with concentrate you could have more freedom to go all out with the torch, and the ceramic bottom of the oven would be perfect for them I would think) and then as stormy said I packed em up against the mouthpiece screen and could get higher temp bigger clouds. Either way the effects were strong, maybe even too much so as I may have over did it and ended up :zzz: before I could finish. I really do think efficiency comes down to technique in a vape like this, with many different ways to use it effectively :peace:
Ha! I'm just glad to hear you're still using and enjoying your Noochie!

I have to say, and I know it probably doesn't matter because I am considered the most biased, but for what it's worth, my Noochie has become my go to desktop and only vape I have used in quite some time *when at home*. My unnamed log vape used to fill that spot and no matter how amazing it was/is and how much I love and miss using it and holding its warm wood, it's just slightly more of a hassle for me personally.

For one, it has to be plugged in and the cord is very inconvenient and I always seemed to be fighting with it wanting to twist a different way. With Noochie, once it's loaded it is literally only a few seconds away from medicating.

Secondly filling the stems, and especially cleaning them was/is more of a hassle as well. Reclaim seems to gather and accumulate on the insides of the stem much faster and more frequently than in the Noochies chamber.

I truly think of the Noochie as a butane torch alternative to a log vape and think that the crowd that enjoys those vapes would enjoy this.

I would be really interested in hearing of someone's experience with concentrates in the Nooch. I'm very curious how it would work, I don't see why they wouldn't and
as you say @Shit Snacks, think the ceramic chamber would be perfect for them. I just haven't had the opportunity to find time to experiment yet. Maybe that should be on my to do list.

Shit Snacks

Another bowl more full, still probably half as much as in that video, but course grind. Worked very very well, getting torch technique back with angled flame and angled Nooch, stirring every hit pretty much and getting 10+ hits at varying temps and sizes... Taste does fade after the first mouthwatering hits, but that's not atypical and it actually doesn't get that overcooked taste (unless you scorch a hotspot) quite similar to Daisy but maybe tastier perhaps due to that oil retention thing I mentioned could be happening with the ceramic chamber, just a bit different

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
We should start posting our abv and comparing because you seem to like courser grinds whereas I still prefer my ultra-fine grind!

I'm super glad you're getting great results even with course grinds though, now I think just ripping off chunks is the next experiment.

10+ hits is pretty impressive. I found the same thing, that I would get a really large amount of hits and I'd think the bowl had to spent but then it's still a light brown.

Top Bottom