Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ha! I'm just glad to hear you're still using and enjoying your Noochie!

I have to say, and I know it probably doesn't matter because I am considered the most biased, but for what it's worth, my Noochie has become my go to desktop and only vape I have used in quite some time *when at home*. My unnamed log vape used to fill that spot and no matter how amazing it was/is and how much I love and miss using it and holding its warm wood, it's just slightly more of a hassle for me personally.

For one, it has to be plugged in and the cord is very inconvenient and I always seemed to be fighting with it wanting to twist a different way. With Noochie, once it's loaded it is literally only a few seconds away from medicating.

Secondly filling the stems, and especially cleaning them was/is more of a hassle as well. Reclaim seems to gather and accumulate on the insides of the stem much faster and more frequently than in the Noochies chamber.

I truly think of the Noochie as a butane torch alternative to a log vape and think that the crowd that enjoys those vapes would enjoy this.

I would be really interested in hearing of someone's experience with concentrates in the Nooch. I'm very curious how it would work, I don't see why they wouldn't and
as you say @Shit Snacks, think the ceramic chamber would be perfect for them. I just haven't had the opportunity to find time to experiment yet. Maybe that should be on my to do list.
With my other butane vapes I would say I hold the torch steady and use more heat than I do with the noochie. With my other ones when I throw some concentrate on top I tend to need even more heat and more hits to finish it off. I'm not sure what technique I'd want to use with the noochie, I tend to go for much lower temp draws off it. The bowl is a great shape for it though, you could put a lot in as a sponge before putting the concentrate in. I'm just worried pouring on the heat to get the concentrate vaping would lead to charring. Maybe I"ll try tonight.

At least if it's a big mess the noochie is crazy easy to clean, doesn't even take much iso to fill it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We should start posting our abv and comparing because you seem to like courser grinds whereas I still prefer my ultra-fine grind!

I'm super glad you're getting great results even with course grinds though, now I think just ripping off chunks is the next experiment.

10+ hits is pretty impressive. I found the same thing, that I would get a really large amount of hits and I'd think the bowl had to spent but then it's still a light brown.

Yeah it varies, the fresh herbs I've been getting don't seem to grind fine, they tend to stay courser (i got a new grinder with hopes it would be a finer grind and seems no unfortunately, will try upside down with more turns to see if I can get it there) A course grind is definitely easier to stir, and helps pack less material. Hand torn worked fine for me that time I tried too. Yeah avb before and after shots would be useful but eh who has the energy anymore? Number of hits ofcourse depends on temps and size of each hit, I tend to keep it lower and do smaller hits based on throat feel and heat sensing, but they're still plenty dense!

With my other butane vapes I would say I hold the torch steady and use more heat than I do with the noochie. With my other ones when I throw some concentrate on top I tend to need even more heat and more hits to finish it off. I'm not sure what technique I'd want to use with the noochie, I tend to go for much lower temp draws off it. The bowl is a great shape for it though, you could put a lot in as a sponge before putting the concentrate in. I'm just worried pouring on the heat to get the concentrate vaping would lead to charring. Maybe I"ll try tonight.

At least if it's a big mess the noochie is crazy easy to clean, doesn't even take much iso to fill it.

Yeah I think you should be able to try just concentrate on its own and go to town with full heat, it's got the glazed ceramic bottom so that should contain all the melting material as it vapes, better than mixing with herbs since they need different temps probably

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@NoochieVape did you ever try basket screens (I think they're called)? I'm wondering the the top hat shape would let you have it sit on the top lip and go down into the vape. Maybe it would let you load a bit less while still plugging up the airpath. It would be easier to stir smaller doses too. It could let you size out whatever bowl you wanted.

Of course I've only ever seen them in posts on this site so I might be way off on my thinking about them.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Do you mean something like these?

lMJl36H.jpg

I have thought about using them in place of the regular screens that I send out with it. It's just that since the glazing tolerances aren't as tight as I would like or they would need to be, they most likely wouldn't fit in most cases - but I know you mean something different.

I at first didn't understand what you were saying or why you would want to, but I think I do now. Basically, this would sit inside the oven and you would load it instead of the oven. That's a great idea and I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the lip would fit around the oven opening. These specific ones have a 5/8" lip and a 1/2" bottom. If I'm not mistaken the lip would definitely hold over the oven but you would have to reshape the actual basket into a more narrow shape. I will have to have a look in my program to see the exact measurements of the oven opening, when I get home.

I'm thinking this could double for concentrates as well? You could set your concentrates inside with flowers underneath. The concentrate would take most of the heat leaving the herb to soak up the rest and hopefully not char. It would take some practicing and tinkering for sure but I am going to order some to mess around with!

I found them by typing in "tobacco pipe slide screens" or "tobacco pipe basket screens", if you want to pick up a few as well.

Yeah avb before and after shots would be useful but eh who has the energy anymore?

Ha! Yes, I suppose you are right about that.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Do you mean something like these?

lMJl36H.jpg

I have thought about using them in place of the regular screens that I send out with it. It's just that since the glazing tolerances aren't as tight as I would like or they would need to be, they most likely wouldn't fit in most cases - but I know you mean something different.

I at first didn't understand what you were saying or why you would want to, but I think I do now. Basically, this would sit inside the oven and you would load it instead of the oven. That's a great idea and I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the lip would fit around the oven opening. These specific ones have a 5/8" lip and a 1/2" bottom. If I'm not mistaken the lip would definitely hold over the oven but you would have to reshape the actual basket into a more narrow shape. I will have to have a look in my program to see the exact measurements of the oven opening, when I get home.

I'm thinking this could double for concentrates as well? You could set your concentrates inside with flowers underneath. The concentrate would take most of the heat leaving the herb to soak up the rest and hopefully not char. It would take some practicing and tinkering for sure but I am going to order some to mess around with!

I found them by typing in "tobacco pipe slide screens" or "tobacco pipe basket screens", if you want to pick up a few as well.

Ha! Yes, I suppose you are right about that.
Right, you got it. I didn't explain it super well. Right now to do a really small load I'll just load up the little screen and stick it in the mp (or just pack it up against it). I figured a basket screen might be able to do the same thing near the lip of the oven. You bowl size would just depend on how deep the basket screen goes into the oven.

I hadn't thought of it for concentrates, that does sound cool though. I love mixing concentrates and flower. I have some ceramic discs and donuts, I'm going to see if those fit into the noochie. I think they're too wide though.

Shit Snacks

Right, you got it. I didn't explain it super well. Right now to do a really small load I'll just load up the little screen and stick it in the mp (or just pack it up against it). I figured a basket screen might be able to do the same thing near the lip of the oven. You bowl size would just depend on how deep the basket screen goes into the oven.

I hadn't thought of it for concentrates, that does sound cool though. I love mixing concentrates and flower. I have some ceramic discs and donuts, I'm going to see if those fit into the noochie. I think they're too wide though.

So you meant an upside down basket at the bottom of the bowl so herbs rest on the screen not the ceramic and are higher up, closer to the mouthpiece? The rim would be in the way but you could make a basket screen to fit in yourself (I should try this, I remember having done it back with the Imag+ to make its oven smaller). At first I though you meant at the top, which seemed like it wouldn't make a difference since you dont need to fill to the top regardless

Or maybe the S & B cans might work? I think I recall @WakeAndVape saying he uses them in the SBL Jr.

mm-dosierkapsel-pro_1_1.jpg

That's probably too wide, the Noochie bowl is narrower than the Jr, it's more like Lily

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Or maybe the S & B cans might work? I think I recall @WakeAndVape saying he uses them in the SBL Jr.

mm-dosierkapsel-pro_1_1.jpg

That looks interesting but unfortunately it probably is too wide. In the very early stages of my drawings for a device I was throwing around the idea of having capsules you could easily switch out. I would definitely like to revisit and implement the idea in the future whether with a different version of Noochie or a different device altogether.

So you meant an upside down basket at the bottom of the bowl so herbs rest on the screen not the ceramic and are higher up, closer to the mouthpiece?

I think he meant using the basket as a means of holding a smaller amount of flower. So, the way I read and was picturing it - setting the basket screen in the oven where the lips of the screen would hold it suspended in place. So basically a smaller " screen oven" inside the Noochie's.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So you meant an upside down basket at the bottom of the bowl so herbs rest on the screen not the ceramic and are higher up, closer to the mouthpiece? The rim would be in the way but you could make a basket screen to fit in yourself (I should try this, I remember having done it back with the Imag+ to make its oven smaller). At first I though you meant at the top, which seemed like it wouldn't make a difference since you dont need to fill to the top regardless

That's probably too wide, the Noochie bowl is narrower than the Jr, it's more like Lily
Right, I should of been saying oven. So top/heat intake off with the basket screen going down into the oven section resting on the top/lip of it. Flower goes into the basket screen making the bowl a bit smaller. If it still heated well I think that could let people make whatever sized bowl they want. It's not as convenient and easy to clean as just going ceramic, but more ways to use a vape is always good.

Shit Snacks

Right, I should of been saying oven. So top/heat intake off with the basket screen going down into the oven section resting on the top/lip of it. Flower goes into the basket screen making the bowl a bit smaller. If it still heated well I think that could let people make whatever sized bowl they want. It's not as convenient and easy to clean as just going ceramic, but more ways to use a vape is always good.

Ah oh I see, so it'd be above the mouthpiece screen really, that would be interesting... Since it'd still get full heat direct and even I imagine, but could the lid seal with that metal rim i wonder... I guess we'll find out soon enough!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Right, I should of been saying oven.

I'm pretty sure I only used that word because @Shit Snacks had and I really like that word to name it. Otherwise I just say bowl :suspicious:.

The lid would for sure seal even with the metal rim. The lid doesn't even have to be necessarily all the way to the bottom in order to make an airtight seal.

The o ring sticks out enough that it creates a seal as soon as it fully passes the inside of the opening of the body. The lid just might stick up a few mm higher but I don't think it would be a big enough distance to even notice much.

Shit Snacks

I'm pretty sure I only used that word because @Shit Snacks had and I really like that word to name it. Otherwise I just say bowl :suspicious:.

Yeah bowl is easiest, it is a chamber more than an oven though, oven tends to imply it does the cooking so I only use it when referring to the chamber/bowl of a conduction vape personally

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ha nice, like when I ran grasshopper through mine. FrankenVape infusion

Have you tried just plain dabs in Noochie yet? It's a shame no one seems to be posting their experiences here much...
Nope, I'm not 100% sure how it would work. Just torch the bending part down in the oven and put the wax on that? Or torch the heat intake and put it against the wall of that?

I meant to take a picture of some noochie abv yesterday, but the camera on my phone is garbage. I got it the most perfect shade of consistent light brown. I'm doing much better since I stopped trying to hit it like a daisy/brick, totally different techniques for me.

Shit Snacks

Nope, I'm not 100% sure how it would work. Just torch the bending part down in the oven and put the wax on that? Or torch the heat intake and put it against the wall of that?

I meant to take a picture of some noochie abv yesterday, but the camera on my phone is garbage. I got it the most perfect shade of consistent light brown. I'm doing much better since I stopped trying to hit it like a daisy/brick, totally different techniques for me.

Nah just out it in the bottom of the bowl and hit it like normal, if it melts it's got nowhere to go bc the bottom is glazed ceramic so you can go hit and hard with the torch I presume.

Yeah it's not like DaisyBrick really in the way you use it, though it's also direct torch heat. Very unique, tasty, and powerful all on its own

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Nah just out it in the bottom of the bowl and hit it like normal, if it melts it's got nowhere to go bc the bottom is glazed ceramic so you can go hit and hard with the torch I presume.

Yeah it's not like DaisyBrick really in the way you use it, though it's also direct torch heat. Very unique, tasty, and powerful all on its own
Is there a little lip at the bottom before the mp? I'll have to look at it more closely when I get home, I can't picture that part in my head. I was just thinking heating it up down there would just make it run down the oven, into the mp, and into your mouth. Actually, I guess if you just angle it so it's not straight up and down that wouldn't happen whether there was a lip or not. I'll try this with my noochie tonight. I'd love something portable that works well without needing hemp fiber/oil pads or batteries. At home lately I've been loving using a quartz banger.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Shatter up top and flower on the bottom. Noochie with a dynavap vong & s because why not?

IMG_20161213_081855.jpg
IMG_20161213_082125.jpg

That's sweeeet! I'm really glad you figured out a way to do that. I had an idea to make the holes a bit smaller so that the VapCap tip would fit in it snugly. I figured I'd let Noochie do his own thing for now though - or until he gained some traction. Or incorporate it into a completely seperate design in the future.

It's a shame no one seems to be posting their experiences here much...

I have high hopes that he'll catch on, even if slowly.

That's very interesting. What is different about the techniques specifically? I haven't used a brick.

Is there a little lip at the bottom before the mp? I'll have to look at it more closely when I get home, I can't picture that part in my head. I was just thinking heating it up down there would just make it run down the oven, into the mp, and into your mouth. Actually, I guess if you just angle it so it's not straight up and down that wouldn't happen whether there was a lip or not. I'll try this with my noochie tonight. I'd love something portable that works well without needing hemp fiber/oil pads or batteries. At home lately I've been loving using a quartz banger.

There is technically a small lip but I wouldn't count on it always being there on account of variances in glaze. I think if you just tilted it. Even just slightly like in the video, it would work fairly well.

It makes me feel very good that you guys are still using, experimenting and enjoying your Noochie as well. I know I've said it before as well.

I've got some more Noochies that have gone out this past week so between here and Reddit within the next few weeks I'm hoping to see some more impressions!

tg98hvf.jpg

You know your Noochie has arrived when you see this :)

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
That's sweeeet! I'm really glad you figured out a way to do that. I had an idea to make the holes a bit smaller so that the VapCap tip would fit in it snugly. I figured I'd let Noochie do his own thing for now though - or until he gained some traction. Or incorporate it into a completely seperate design in the future.

I have high hopes that he'll catch on, even if slowly.

That's very interesting. What is different about the techniques specifically? I haven't used a brick.

I personally like to see abv shots! I try and get mine as even and dark brown coffee colored as I can so it's impressive you did it but keeping it light.

There is technically a small lip but I wouldn't count on it always being there on account of variances in glaze. I think if you just tilted it. Even just slightly like in the video, it would work fairly well.

It makes me feel very good that you guys are still using, experimenting and enjoying your Noochie as well. I know I've said it before as well.

I've got some more Noochies that have gone out this past week so between here and Reddit within the next few weeks I'm hoping to see some more impressions!

tg98hvf.jpg

You know your Noochie has arrived when you see this :)
With the daisy/brick I keep the flame steady going into the intake. It's more about your flame strength and the distance you hold the lighter from the intake. There's some draw technique and there's a carb hole, but for me the main thing is getting your torch technique down. I use a stronger flame and more heat goes into the vape I think, but the heat intake is longer and the mp is much longer so it's a totally different vape. I can probably do in 2 hits on a brick what I do with 4-6 hits on a noochie, but that just might be my inexperience. I go slower and more low temp on my noochie where I tend to go for giant hits on my daisy/brick, but I'm still getting the feel for it.

That's just my opinion though.

Also I loved the seal on my package, damn classy:
IMG_20161128_125749.jpg

Shit Snacks

Ah finally photos of that seal @NoochieVape! Been wondering what the fuss was about mentioned here, that is glorious dude :tup:

And yeah @StormyPinkness the oven is deeper than the mouthpiece, even with glaze tolerance it is deep enough that there seems to always be space (why for smaller loads it's better to pack against the screen on the side, but with a dab I think you'd be fine bc you can go heavy on the torch like with Daisy)

Aah I see, interesting. Do you not go for bigger hits with Noochie for fear of charring or is it more harsh?

Too easy to scorch as I mentioned, without the carb hole/fresh air intake, so still want to try a cap like that. Also Daisy has the visual feedback with the mouthpiece

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I think I've been going really low temp with my noochie while I figure out my new torch technique. Maybe I'll try hitting it a little harder, I'm a little timid with it right now.

Which brings me to my failed dab attempt. I normally torch until it's glowing or almost glowing but I was waaaaay too worried torching my noochie to get it hot enough, I didn't get much vapor and it just left a pool. I foolishly tried to just torch the pool and that didn't work well at all. I was going to try again after I cleaned it, which was refreshingly easy, but while I waited for it to dry a bit I ended up just using my quartz banger and falling asleep watching hockey.

Anyone else tried it yet?

Shit Snacks

I think I've been going really low temp with my noochie while I figure out my new torch technique. Maybe I'll try hitting it a little harder, I'm a little timid with it right now.

Which brings me to my failed dab attempt. I normally torch until it's glowing or almost glowing but I was waaaaay too worried torching my noochie to get it hot enough, I didn't get much vapor and it just left a pool. I foolishly tried to just torch the pool and that didn't work well at all. I was going to try again after I cleaned it, which was refreshingly easy, but while I waited for it to dry a bit I ended up just using my quartz banger and falling asleep watching hockey.

Anyone else tried it yet?

Yeah I also lean lower temp, smaller hits too, bc i am not great with a torch so I'm over cautious not to scorch. It's cool bc unlike Daisy with the visual feedback, here it's all taste sensing ala Milaana, and that leads me to flavor chase. I have had higher temp hits and they can be surpisingly smooth considering how short the vapor path is, it's very interesting

But yeah with a dab I'd imagine you could go hard on the torch without scorch worries, the ceramic can definitely take it so no worries there, but yeah more technique for something new so it can take a bit to get used to it

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Hmm, I don't have any dab experience at all but unless you can vaporize it with the direct torch heat, I'm not sure it would work. Maybe there's a way to suspend it higher with some kind of capsule so it's closer to the heat.

How hot are nails when they turn red hot? The glazed porcelain can certainly take some heat but if the torch was held on it for too long and the temperature gets high enough - it would kind of be like putting that little spot back in a kiln and start to remelt the glaze.

Shit Snacks

Hmm, I don't have any dab experience at all but unless you can vaporize it with the direct torch heat, I'm not sure it would work. Maybe there's a way to suspend it higher with some kind of capsule so it's closer to the heat.

How hot are nails when they turn red hot? The glazed porcelain can certainly take some heat but if the torch was held on it for too long and the temperature gets high enough - it would kind of be like putting that little spot back in a kiln and start to remelt the glaze.

Yeah conduction is more typical for dabs, I don't have much experience either, but a new buddy out here does so I have gotten more with him.

But it is possible convection dab, I still haven't tried it with nice stuff myself (only reclaim back in the day, which worked well) you just need the power. Direct torch heat is full power so it works well (I can hit my Daisy dry and get big clouds off of the dirty screen's oils) just need to draw hard enough to pull the flame hot enough through the dab is all, I hope to try more

Top Bottom