1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Noble Vapor VP600

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stevebeast, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

285$ is a pretty good deal for the reseller if this actually happens to be a clone of the device i've mentioned previously:

[​IMG]
    Vaporite Hyper Vaporizer (119.99$)

It's no wonder he's ready to honour the warranty...

[​IMG]

2. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

3. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Well...

350$ for a glorified soldering iron in some fancy toxedo now THAT is expensive!

:o

4. SmokingElectricity

SmokingElectricity Livin' Astro

I actually donated this to a friend who has been curious about vaporization for a while now. Needless to say he loves the piss out of it and has been using it every night since. :D

5. SmokingElectricity

SmokingElectricity Livin' Astro

this thing is still going strong. still getting used everyday. or so i've been told. i seen em using it on skype last night so i guess it's true. :o

6. therapetandy

therapetandy Member

Yo, Stevebeast.... How stoned yo gotta be to start a Vape Temp thread without including the temperature??? 197 looks like the Temp, the best temp, you'd recommend.

But, is it 197F or 197C???
    Everyone else using a VP-600 claims 302F to 347F is best. I was hoping, because yours
    differs by such a large temp difference, you might know something others didn't.

Which is it? C or F???
    :dog:
    TheraPetAndy

7. therapetandy

therapetandy Member

DOOD
    :dog:

8. PPN

PPN Well-Known Member

There is 3 months ago I ordered a twin vape( with 2 whips not high quality but most user friendly) very cheap , but when i received my order I see that they make a mistake (or not?) because I had a GRV-600 (a clone of VP-600), I choose to keep it and it work fine if you use it under 185°C because it could burn your bud, and the whip is very bad (plastic taste, don't keep it).
    I choose to keep it because with my herbalaire I must use a bubbler(without I'm coughing) and with VP-600 I don't cough anymore without bubbler with very large clouds(184°C)...I don't know why?

My vapes: HerbalaireH2.2, Cloud from VXC, Noble vapor VP-600, Flashvape, T1, MFLB

9. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

Personally, I can't see using a vape like the Noble if you have access to a Cloud. With the Cloud you've got nothing in the vapor path but glass and a stainless steel bowl. With the Noble you've got cheap parts and an air path that's not really isolated. I really don't see the attraction of any whip vape with a Cloud on hand. And that would be Cloud from VXL, for VapeXhale Labs.

10. PPN

PPN Well-Known Member

Yes it's sure that the Cloud it's better device than VP-600, but this is a different way of vape and I bought it BEFORE the Cloud. I have a big house with lot of rooms , I use the Noble front the TV because bubbler noise disturb my wife,I use the cloud when i want a big hit or when there is some friends and the HA the rest of the time(most part of the day with a bubbler because it make me coughing whithout)
    I see lot of bad review for this device but I don't feel plastic or metal taste (except the whip but I use another one), ABV comes out brown if you have not more than 185°C, more than this t° ABV comes out black and you had a burning taste.
    Yes, I make a mistake, VXC is the unit

11. AbeOnline

AbeOnline New Member

I have a question about this unit - I tried the EasyVape digital 5, since it claims to "display the actual temperature" and was irritated to find out it's not a temperature reading at all, merely a timer.

Could someone try their device like so:
    1) Turn it on, set something reasonably high (around where you would vape)
    2) Wait for it to "come to temp" - i.e. reading "actual" and "set" equal.
    3) Turn off device momentarily - a few seconds, if it works, try again at 20-30 seconds.
    4) Turn it back on. Does it show an elevated temp (significantly above the normal starting temp), ideally close to the indicated "actual temp" it recently showed?

What was happening with mine, you could turn it off - once warmed up - for even a few seconds. When you turn it back on, it says "80*f" and continues to take the same couple minutes to reach indicated operating temperature as it does when cold. Obviously that's a fake.

Other useful clues - if when it's warming up, it overshoots the target a bit, fluctuated during use (especially dropping slightly when inhaling, as the cold air coming in should cool it), etc.

I feel most of these devices are fake, and it's a real shame since there's no reason one couldn't be made for an extra dollar or two in parts. I'd gladly trade in my EasyVape, but only if spending more will actually get me something. If it won't, well, at least that has a timer. :-)

12. AbeOnline

AbeOnline New Member

FYI, I'm happy to keep this in here as a note on the specific performance of the Noble, which I'm curious to hear - but I'm making a separate thread for "known true controlled vapes", I think it'll help people.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors