Noble Vapor VP600

max

Out to lunch
Notice that the thread title is Noble Vapor, while the pic in post #11 shows Top Vapor. These aren't the only names that the big factory applies to this same vape (and others). I'm sure if you want to sell cheap vapes on eBay, and are willing to buy a certain quantity, they'll put whatever name you want on the front.

The rule of thumb for a good vape purchase (with a solid warranty) continues to be (IMO anyway), does the manufacturer have a website with contact info, especially a phone number so you can actually talk to someone who represents the company and knows how the product works?

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
willing to buy a certain quantity, they'll put whatever name you want on the front

true, that!

Quite an opportunity for someone with an idea and some gumption.

Hippie Dickie,

SmokingElectricity

max said:
Notice that the thread title is Noble Vapor, while the pic in post #11 shows Top Vapor. These aren't the only names that the big factory applies to this same vape (and others). I'm sure if you want to sell cheap vapes on eBay, and are willing to buy a certain quantity, they'll put whatever name you want on the front.

The rule of thumb for a good vape purchase (with a solid warranty) continues to be (IMO anyway), does the manufacturer have a website with contact info, especially a phone number so you can actually talk to someone who represents the company and knows how the product works?

This is true and i support this fully. I bought this when i knew little about vapes. I would never buy another "cheapo" one... but i can't knock it completely. It does what it says, fairly well. Today, if someone asks me to recommend a good vape to start, i just tell them to get a DBV. At least i know they won't be callin me in a few weeks complaining about what i recommended them to buy died on them LOOL

EDIT: I don't think my Noble is a P.O.S.

SmokingElectricity,
i know someone who loves a similar chinese vape, a vaporite 007, & now uses it like an extreme Q with the cyclone/elbow bowl. they made a stand for it so its vertical, it werks ok

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

stevebeast

mine is still kicking, i have gotten thousands of hours of use. i tried to retire it on several occasions but my freinds wont let me. i like my vhw a lot more cause it gives way bigger hits:o but it also goes thru the herb so a lot of people still insist i bring this guy out.
the wands are pretty thin but not really fragile, i still havent broken mine and i got a second one for $12
if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt have bought it, but i have to admit i am glad i did seems like one of my luckiest moments.

stevebeast,

SmokingElectricity

stevebeast said:
mine is still kicking, i have gotten thousands of hours of use. i tried to retire it on several occasions but my freinds wont let me. i like my vhw a lot more cause it gives way bigger hits:o but it also goes thru the herb so a lot of people still insist i bring this guy out.
the wands are pretty thin but not really fragile, i still havent broken mine and i got a second one for $12
if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt have bought it, but i have to admit i am glad i did seems like one of my luckiest moments.

yes. this thing eats insane amounts of herb. havent used mine in a while... maybe i'll throw it on later and take some pics.

SmokingElectricity,

Old_Hippy

The VP600 is my first vape, and after 2 months heavy use is going well.

Changing the screen is a pain in the arse...any hints appreciated.

The 'instructions' said to set it at 265F and my first Q was pretty average and unimpressive, but after some research on these forums showed that THC vaped at 392F I upped the temp to 402F and havent looked back.

I have not had any trouble with the unit...its very efficient at the higher temp, to the point where hardly anything at all comes off when I 'recycle'.

The taste is so good that the one bong I had after switching tasted so revolting that I know I'll never go back to smoking...after over 40 years I was getting numbness and tingling in my lips and tongue...definitely time to give smoke away!

At nearly $300 Aus the shop (OffYaTree) is a ripoff and the salesgirl was completely useless when it came to advice about my purchase...
I'd recommend the VP600 to casual users, if the price is right, but I won't be going back there in a hurry, and my next buy will be something designed by people who are dedicated vaporists and know what they're talking about.

Old_Hippy,

SmokingElectricity

quality vaporizers can be a bit tougher to get ahold of in AUS and maybe almost imposible to get in the near future. i feel for you old_hippy, but i'm glad you are enjoying your VP600. on my unit, i am not able to go much further over 300F unless i want combustion. just pulled mine out after 5-6 months since i saw the bump. still works. easiest way to change the screen would be to take a few pulls off the whip while attached to the heated vaporizer, then remove the tubing and finally poke the screen out the end with a pipe tool or poker. you can just soak them in rubbing alcohol a day or two and they will be like new again.

285F is the sweet spot on my model.
dscn0285.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

weedemon

enthusiast
wager that the device would never come back either.

lwien said:
Here is where you send it: 2/F.,#18 Longfang Industrial Zone,Lucheng District,Wenzhou,China

Good fuckin' luck.

i've never tired this vape, but from what i'm reading here it seems to be a middle of the road vape. IT gets ya high, so it does in fact work. and that's is saying a lot compared to some other vapes out there... **cough cough: B.C Vape etc...**

but at the same time it is obvious he standard of quality is not the same as higher end vapes.

TBH I kind of like that it looks like a piece of audio equipment.if you could rip off the "topp vap" (and put on some other brand name that looks less suspicious) and then where the whip goes make that cover able with a false knob. then i think you would have a very "stealthy in plain sight" vape.

weedemon,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

The vaporizing device shown previously looks very much like the one below:

Vaporite Hyper Vaporizer (119.99$ US)

Can a VP600 owner look at Vaporite's set of closeup photographs and tell if it's a clone or maybe even just some rebranded copy?

:peace:

Egzoset,

lwien

A lot of these kinds of vapes made by Chinese owned companies are made in the same factory and just have different names slapped on them depending on who their customer is.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

I believe i DID mention the matter of rebranding, LWien!

What i want to know, from VP600 owners and so on, is this: does it look exactly the same put aside a couple stickers?

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
It looks like the glass tube is sealed and fresh air comes from the front opening, right?

Egzoset,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
sealed? how do the wires get to the heating element -- which looks like it is in the inside of the glass tube.

and thanks for posting the pictures.

Hippie Dickie,

Egzoset

Banned
Probably the same way incandescent light bulbs are sealed: with a vitrous compound.

Egzoset,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
2Supra4U said:
lwien said:
Here is where you send it: 2/F.,#18 Longfang Industrial Zone,Lucheng District,Wenzhou,China

Good fuckin' luck. ;)

lol you would prolly never see or hear from them again lol

It is eye catching and looks sort of stealth on top of a guitar amp but from what I've read better results can often be yielded with a broken lightbulb.
Not that it matters but I'm curious if the factory workers in quaint District Wenzhou had any idea what this device is intended to be used for.

jeffp,

Old_Hippy

Egzoset said:
It looks like the glass tube is sealed and fresh air comes from the front opening, right?

Yep...I discovered that I get a good result if there is a bit of airflow around the heating element...
And an update on my unit...after 2 months faithful use the temperature setting dial became disconnected from reality and failed.
Luckily for me the owner of Off Ya Tree stands by his products and replaced it without a hassle, and then, unbelievably.....or maybe not according to some in this thread...the heating element died on the second unit within a few days.
After asking me basic questions (Was I leaving it running at high temps for prolonged periods?...No) he replaced the box for number 3 which so far seems to be the best of the lot.

At $385 retail the price was a rip, but the after sales service and willingness to do the right thing by their customers has impressed me...I sure as hell couldnt afford another one atm.
And he also offered me either a refund or a store credit, but the week of smoking between boxes was enough to convince me I never want to go back to combustion.

With vaping I like the way I can get full benefits off my product AND do it again during hard times minus only the sweeet taste.

I can understand the frustration with failed units experienced by some on this thread...I was lucky that my retailer was an honorable guy and made things right.

My new box is the best of the 3...Im hoping I got a good one this time...a month in and so far so good.

Thanx for the inside view, Electric. I was wondering what drove these babies...its certainly a growing market...the manager at Off Ya Tree said he went from selling 5 - 6 a month a year ago to 30+ a month now, and increasing.

From reading this site I now know I prefer non-bag systems, as long as the electronics are stable and the parts non flammable or toxic and my humble VP600 is finally delivering the goods consistently and reliably (touch wood). Digital temperature control is a must IMO, and my next purchase will hopefully be even better.

btw...this is where I first saw this temp setting and it works a treat with box no3.

Old_Hippy,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Old Hippie, wow - $385? Out of curiosity do you know what that translates into US currency? Honestly most of us here agree that digital temp control is a useless gimmick and unreliable at best. However I'm glad you're enjoying your unit and getting good use out of it; albeit the third one. Down the line if you could post a list of what vaporizers are available in your neck of the woods many of us would be glad to help guide you to the best possible vape for your needs and at the proper cost.

jeffp,

Old_Hippy

oops...i misspoke...it was 285 (got 386 on the brain as its the temp I use...LOL )

Heres the range at OYT, and the exchange rate is roughly 1 for 1 these days, or even slighly better in our favour.
BTW that should worry you...it was historically 1.30 aus to 1 us for most of my life (I'm 61)...now its you guys pay 1.05 for 1 of ours!

Aussie vape choice

Bongs are illegal in some States here...vapes are fine.

Old_Hippy,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If you could get a Silver Surfer or a DaBuddha I think you'd be blown away. The Noble looks cool and the insert angle looks comfortable.
Too bad about bongs but you can live without one or build a makeshift bong yourself - I've seen videos on youtube explaining the step by step.
You guys gave the world the Easybeats and the Bee Gees - how could that same country be so backwards thinking in this one regard?

jeffp,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Old_Hippy said:
Digital temperature control is a must IMO

i totally agree with this. i set it and forget it (except to check occasionally, since i'm still in test mode here), but it's very reassuring to see that the vape is working properly -- that is, when the vapor is thin, i KNOW the problem is the bud.

Hippie Dickie,

Egzoset

Banned
285$ is a pretty good deal for the reseller if this actually happens to be a clone of the device i've mentioned previously:

Vaporite Hyper Vaporizer (119.99$)

It's no wonder he's ready to honour the warranty...

39.gif

Egzoset,
Top Bottom