Noble Vapor VP600

stevebeast

Heres the review i wrote for my new vape:

The Noble VP600 arrived in a professionally printed package, plenty of Styrofoam packing, included 5 extra screens, 5 extra fuses, wooden stick, a very nice 3pc silver grinder with a black felt bag, ground glass whip with a screen, glass oil diffuser (handle on the back broke off during shipping, I dont think I would touch it hot anyway so I let it go) and the heating unit with a fuse. The unit is made of metal and feels sturdy, nothing inside rattling. Looking inside the unit it was clean, compicated looking, the fan in the back blows over a glass chamber containing the heating element that opens to the glass ring on the front so the fan cools the inside of the unit and does not blow into the whip, it is about as loud as a computer fan and comes on and off I dont know what triggers it yet . The whip has a sticker on it that left some residue so I heated the unit too 500 degres and wiped it off every few minutes for 20 min then cooled the unit to 195 degrees and noticed no strange oder when inhaling through the empty whip. Going from 62 degree room temp to 195 takes an average of 2:45 I found my best temperature to be 197 each time, so if the temp is not correct it is consistant. The ground glass whip sticks on the unit very well we easily passed the tube around without worry of it falling out, and it appeared to make a pretty good seal on the heating element. The vapers were pretty thick, not too hot, and impressed all who have tried it so far. I was impressed with how many hits i got from my material. The lights on the ring reflect and flash in the rings of the whip and look a lot cooler than I thought, you can turn those on and off with a switch on the back. Overall I am impressed with the unit, it looks really cool and works great. It looked pretty solid but I will be care full with it because I hope it lasts me a long time, I paid $85 and think it was a steal I just hope it doesnt brake as it has no warranty.

I put pictures of the inside and of the box online
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4459/pict0003r.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5882/pict0002u.jpg

stevebeast,

Ven

Praying Mantis
dude it looks like a circuit board taped to a heating element, like i know thats what all vaporizers are, but it looks like they didn't finish building it before they sold it :lol:.

Ven,

mangotango

That picture is with the top off Ven, with the top on, it looks like a nice piece of stereo equipment-like an amp. I purchased this as my first vaporizer since it was cheap($85) and looked nice. But I'm sad to say it has already broke:( It worked fine for 3 days, but now when I turn it on, It's set to the maximum temperature(298C) than it slowly counts down about 1 degree a second. Messing with the knob does nothing and the Temp setting and actual Heating up temp meet each other at about 210C, Then count down together. I'm gonna man up and spend some cash this time, I'm currently looking at the Volcano and Vriptech Heat Wand...

mangotango,

max

Out to lunch
You made a common mistake mangotango. You went for a cheap, no warranty digital vape. 'Noble' is just a name slapped on a generic box that's made in China. You'll find the exact same unit with other names like Digi Vapor and Vaporite. The price range for a digital vape with any kind of decent build quality (and a decent warrranty) is about $300 and up. Even then, the digital circuitry greatly increases your chances of failure.

I'm currently looking at the Volcano
You can't go wrong here (especially with the Classic-a year longer on the warranty), but you only get bag fill, and you pay much more than is necessary to get quality. The Volcano now has much more competition than it did years ago. These days it's coasting on its past dominance, reputation, and hype. The Extreme and herbalAire are generally considered better choices, considering you also get direct draw and save hundreds of dollars.

Vriptech Heat Wand...
A much better value vs. the Volcano. But the fact that you only mention these two very different models makes me wonder if you've really decided on the type of vapor delivery that's right for you. The Heat Wand will give you big, vapor rich hits, while vapor from a bag is always the same-bland and diluted. You get the same amount of goodness from the vapor with both units, but the vaporizing experience is very different with the two methods. Keep reading up on the popular models before you make a decision. The Vriptech is a better direction than the 'cano for value, but there are other good choices too. We've got the good ones covered here, so browse around some before you settle on a new one.

max,
Reactions: zmurder

stevebeast

the curcuit board is attached to the front of the unit and pretty far away from the heating element, wich is enclosed in glass so i dont what else they would need to do to finish it. I am bummed to hear one only lasted 3 days, this is the third day i am useing mine. I had heard not to buy a cheap Vape and was saving to get a silver surfer but it was looking like it would take me years, I heard a good review on this one and figured i could use it while i saved up. When I got it, it worked great so i was thinking i was hooked, now i feel poor again. I will let you know when it dies and what caused it.:/

stevebeast,

mangotango

I think mine died because I set it at the maximum temperature. The common wisdom on using vaporizers is to let em warm up at max temp for 10-15 minutes, then dial it down to your vaping temp. Mine was set at max temp for about 10 mins on the 3rd of use when I notice it started counting down, so i would recommend not letting it set at max temp for any amount of time...

mangotango,

stevebeast

I talked with a guy who has a vaporite hyper wich is the same thing said his didnt have any instructions to let it cool, so if you have one of these make sure you turn the temp down and let it cool before you turn it off. He said he has had his for 6 mo and its still working, I been using mine hard for over a month and its still the same.

stevebeast,

snatcher420

I've had mine for almost 2 yrs without any problems..still works...I use it when it's only me...For groups i have a Vapormatic deluxe and for trips i have a BP600 butane handheld. All of which have had bad reviews and much crap talked about, but i tried anyway and can't complain about any of them. And all who have tried them can't believe the taste and high..I believe all products have some lemons out there but when you get them and they work flawlessly for you, like mine have . What can you say? Vape on guys. I set mine at 350 - 367f once it reaches the temp set in maybe 2 mins it's ready everytime.

snatcher420,

stinkmeaner

You don't need to buy a Volcano to have a good vape. If you want a whip style vaporizer try taking a look at the Silver Surfer/Da Buddha, Vaporbros or if you want a bag fill model try try the Herbal Aire which works great.

Most importanly get a refund for your bogus purchase.

stinkmeaner,

SmokingElectricity

Am I the only one who like his/her VP600? I've had mine for about 6 months. I do not use it all the time. Mainly for water filtration. It hits pretty good, especially with a nice binger attached to it. I keep it on top of my guitar stack or next to my pc. Looks like a small amp. Blends right in, nobody has a clue what it is. I only paid 70 bucks shipped. Also its solid metal and has a durable 3 prong plug, which is nice. I guess with the VP600, its kinda hit-or-miss. 50/50 crap shoot. When I bought this, i had very limited knowledge about vapes. I just thought it looked cool.

I made a video about it on youtube. check mah sig.
img20101027020403.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Can you confirm my assumption that this vaporizer could very well happen to be one of a very few which can be made hot enough to handle salvia divinorum?

Egzoset,

SmokingElectricity

Egzoset said:
Hi,

Can you confirm my assumption that this vaporizer could very well happen to be one of a very few which can be made hot enough to handle salvia divinorum?

yes you can. i have done it. i do recommend using a separate wand and whip for salvia though. One for buds, one for salvia.

SmokingElectricity,
MORE MORE MORE information on this cheapie China vaporizer. I'm willing to entertain the possibility that one isn't complete crap.

The fan is pointless pretty much, right?

Do they even have a site, a company to sue when you grow an arm out your back?

Heating element type?

charliedontsurf,

SmokingElectricity

charliedontsurf said:
MORE MORE MORE information on this cheapie China vaporizer. I'm willing to entertain the possibility that one isn't complete crap.

The fan is pointless pretty much, right?

Do they even have a site, a company to sue when you grow an arm out your back?

Heating element type?

website link
http://www.top-vapor.com/home.asp

VP600 Item Specialty:
Metal shpe
400W Ceramic Heating Element
Borosilicate Glass Insulator
Dual Filtered Inlet Air
Glass mouthpiece
Hand Free Glasspiece
Blue,Green &Red lights
Digital Temperature Control
Voltage:110-120V/50-60Hz

Yes, the fan serves no purpose. On some sites its advertised as air assisted, but the fan works when it wants to, at least on my model. It happens more frequently when i draw the temp gauge to below 200 degrees.

SmokingElectricity,

lwien

Lots of things to go wrong with this vape. What is the warranty and where do you send it in for warranty repairs if in fact it has any warranty at all?

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My friend bought this vape a few months ago (only because he was new to vaping and this was the only model that his local head shop carried). He asked me to help him with it, and we spent about 20 minutes trying to get it up to a high enough temperature. We gave up as it never got anywhere near high enough. He tried to return it, but the head shop had a no return policy on "used" products. He ended up throwing it in the garbage and I got him an Extreme Q.

IMO this is a complete piece of garbage. the whip was thin and flimsy plastic, and the mouthpiece was a POS as well. Since it never achieved a high enough temp, we were never able to actually sample it, so I don't know if it was defective, or just crap.

I notice on the youtube video that was done as a review by Smoking Electricity that he was vaping at between 125 and 130c. I don't see how you can get any vapor at all at those temps, but they guy seems to like his unit, so to each his own.

Just my :2c:

Cheers!

Stu,

lwien

SmokingElectricity said:
one year warranty, or so the website claims.

I looked at the site and couldn't find any warranty info, but let's say that it does have one year. Where do you send it in for warranty repair?

lwien,

SmokingElectricity

Stu said:
My friend bought this vape a few months ago (only because he was new to vaping and this was the only model that his local head shop carried). He asked me to help him with it, and we spent about 20 minutes trying to get it up to a high enough temperature. We gave up as it never got anywhere near high enough. He tried to return it, but the head shop had a no return policy on "used" products. He ended up throwing it in the garbage and I got him an Extreme Q.

IMO this is a complete piece of garbage. the whip was thin and flimsy plastic, and the mouthpiece was a POS as well. Since it never achieved a high enough temp, we were never able to actually sample it, so I don't know if it was defective, or just crap.

I notice on the youtube video that was done as a review by Smoking Electricity that he was vaping at between 125 and 130c. I don't see how you can get any vapor at all at those temps, but they guy seems to like his unit, so to each his own.

Just my :2c:

Cheers!
then you must not had the VP600, since its body is solid metal.

SmokingElectricity,

2Supra4U

lwien said:
SmokingElectricity said:
one year warranty, or so the website claims.

I looked at the site and couldn't find any warranty info, but let's say that it does have one year. Where do you send it in for warranty repair?

Satan :brow:

2Supra4U,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
His was solid metal, too. I admit that I don't remember the name of the unit, but it looked exactly like that model. Everything about it was identical.

Stu,

lwien

Here is where you send it: 2/F.,#18 Longfang Industrial Zone,Lucheng District,Wenzhou,China

Good fuckin' luck. ;)

lwien,

2Supra4U

lwien said:
Here is where you send it: 2/F.,#18 Longfang Industrial Zone,Lucheng District,Wenzhou,China

Good fuckin' luck. ;)

lol you would prolly never see or hear from them again lol

2Supra4U,
Top Bottom