need a vape that can emulate the speed and efficiency of a "one hitter" and no MFLB suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@Deadshort480 I know you love your pax but did not realize you use it like a one hitter or even could use it that way. Honestly the way I read people say it keeps the load cooking after you power it off that it would not taste so great if I pulled it out later after using it without finishing it the first time. I really didn't know that's how you use it. Not sure I can afford it right now but if my replacement ascent fails me I will ask for a refund and the pax will be back on the table

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I rarely ever use the Pax for an entire session because with a packed oven it is simply too much for me to handle in a single sitting. It serves me as a quick hitter that can give me serious hits within a 3-5 minute micro session. The trick is powering down and then hitting it rather hard to clear the oven and vapor path of vapor as well as cooling down the oven so that it stops cooking your load. You also get a decent final hit out of this as well.

I've hit the Pax a bunch and then opened the oven to surprisingly find the top is still entirely green. A quick stir and tamp and it's good to go for another couple 3-4 hit micro sessions. This was my bread and butter during my Disney vacation last year.

420GanjX

I rarely ever use the Pax for an entire session because with a packed oven it is simply too much for me to handle in a single sitting. It serves me as a quick hitter that can give me serious hits within a 3-5 minute micro session. The trick is powering down and then hitting it rather hard to clear the oven and vapor path of vapor as well as cooling down the oven so that it stops cooking your load. You also get a decent final hit out of this as well.

I've hit the Pax a bunch and then opened the oven to surprisingly find the top is still entirely green. A quick stir and tamp and it's good to go for another couple 3-4 hit micro sessions. This was my bread and butter during my Disney vacation last year.
I actually sold my pax about a half year back before buying a solo. In hindsight seeing how easily i could have used that thing on the go, I defiantly should have kept it. The solo is more designed to be used in a definite location (as you have to mess around wt the stem, and its not stealthy), where-as if i still had my pax I could actually vape while waiting for my bus during my morning commute.

Pcpvapors

Closest I've come to a one hitter is the VG, however lately using the new MFLB batteries and maybe a CRZ stem worth of green I can get a damn heavy one hit, almost comparable to the VG but not as yummy or quite as potent, but does the trick when discretion is a must. I'm working on a 3rd design now that not only looks like a chillum (for portability, pocket ability, and just over asthetics). I'm chasing the same unit you are, id love to make the time to have long sessions I would but as it stands I'm running 100 mph trying to make sure I can relax and slow down by 55, joint degeneration in the hands is one hell of a hurdle hence the need for vaporization. At any rate I don't believe you can have a truly pocketable battery powered one hitter, that's my opinion, yes I understand the flashvape came damn close with its s2 kit but once again pocket ability was its downfall for me. That's my two cents

Pcpvapors,

farscaper

Im interested in this topic.. There are some alibaba pax clones floating around as I understand for as low as 60 bucks... Ive always had an eye for the pax. I have a firewood... And it does work well.... And it takes a bit to get the forewood hot and at the temps and speed I try to use it I get scortch, But I need a high temp hit to effect me correctly. As I recall the pax is kinda low in sey temp so that would be difficult?

farscaper,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I'll put out there once again that I have had nothing but great experiences with the Inhalater (004)... as a pocket sized battery portable, it's my favorite to rely on so far. I have yet to run into any real issues with it out in use other than running down the battery after a full day. It has a nice range of temps from cool to too really hot ( I max mine out around 7-8 on the dial), to choose from so you can get high temp vapor with a very thorough extraction, and it can be turned on to temp and then turned off, cooling the oven off with your hit as you do, to get a quick one hit. I've used it like that plenty of times. I've never found it to get too hot to put back in the pocket either, even after a long sesh. I know it's in the higher price range though... unless you can be lucky enough to find a used one like I did.

VAPEHUNTER

Have you considered the Palm 2.0. When I was a "Combuster" I to was a loyal Dugout / one hitter user and I found the Palm 2.0 to be very fitting to my needs. It uses very little herb, warm up and cool down is quick, and for concealment it can't be beat. You did say you weren't looking for a MFLB and I have seen many comparisons between the Palm 2.0 and the MFLB but I never used the MFLB so I couldn't say how similar the two are.

420GanjX

The lotus besides the fact that it's not so pocket friendly (wouldn't be hard to bring a minimalist backpack though) seems to be the best contender for this purpose.

I just noticed the 14mm version of it http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/31 is $91 for everything you need (besides the glass). With that couldn't you find a miniature J-hook or something of the sort to shorten the overall size of the piece, instead of getting the full sized pipe wt stem. That way you'd have the added benefit of seeing the vapor, a smaller size, and of course the delectable wand hand :tup:

Edit: Actually come to think of it, I could actually use this setup (the water adapter & cap) with both my vapor bong, and a homemade dry rig (a downstem with a SSV tube & mouth piece attached). Thats Awsome, the lotus may actually be within my immediate budget. Dam you VAS

Last edited:
420GanjX,

grokit

well-worn member
The thing about the lotus is that you need a good torch lighter, and I've had bad luck with torch lighters. But people do seem happy with it. And that's a nice kit.

grokit,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

jambandphan03

in flavor country
just to put it out there, I've had good experiences with Honest brand torches... and you can get them super cheap on DealExtreme website, just have to wait a while for shipping. Also see them cheap on ebay. Since I have been using flame vapes, it's become important to have reliable flames.

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks for the tip jam, I just picked this one up for $6.89 shipped from ebay :nod:

$(KGrHqJHJBoFIm6yKoLoBSL(,K,WQw~~60_3.JPG

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Probably too late to do you any good, but I'm quite impressed with the Vapman. It's easy/ quick to hit and stealthy. The fact that you don't have to be drawing through it while applying heat is a major plus in terms of being discrete.....you don't look like you're hitting a crack pipe:)

My only bitch is the bowl size and the level of involvement required to load. In it's defense though, it really does efficiently deplete the load and, in my experience, offer a very nice end product in terms of flavor and cloud quality. If I had a couple of these little guys strategically located about the house, I'd be in great shape.

FWIW, I have only the MFLB, HC VG, and Lotus to compare it to. But as you can see, small, discrete vapes are my thing.

I can and do use the VG on the sly, but it isn't as good for indoors use since the vapor odor is noticeable.

basement farmer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I guess I missed this thread the first time around.

To me, any device that takes more than a few seconds to reach temperature doesn't qualify as a one-hitter. That eliminates all the constant-power devices like the Pax, the Pinnacle variations, the Inhalater, etc. The Hammer is a nice unit but it's not something you can put in a pocket quickly after using, unless you have a case handy. It gets too hot, and it also takes too long to heat up. I haven't used a Lotus or a Vapman so I can't comment on whether they stay hot for long, although my impression is they heat up fast enough.

The FV, the MFLB, the Palm (both versions), and the Volta are the only units I've used for flowers that really emulate a one-hitter. The FV is not a pocket portable, so it's out. The LB and the Palm are similar enough that they're out as well, based on @mmenzie's rejection in his OP. That leaves the Volta, which has its flaws but is worth considering in light of the qualifications stated.

@mmenzie, what did you wind up getting, if anything?

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i have to agree with Basement Farmer.

Considering the options on the market, the vapman is stealthy since you can hide it in your hand although it isn't silent due to the torch lighter.

I use a similar technique with my vaponic and the vaponic is glass so it's breakable and gets hot, so the Vapman should be easier, plus it is a couple centimeters shorter.

I don't really care for conduction only designs as they hinder the taste and require a small load otherwise the load will be more difficult to vape evenly, especially towards the end of the session. And you have the batteries to account for, AA in the Palm and the MFLB, and batteries that range for 45min to 2h on some units... all pretty far from the autonomy a lighter can give you.

I usually need something to last me 4-5 hours average because when i *really* need a portable is when i'm in a night out with friends.

If on top of all this you go for one-hitter type sessions, then a flame based vaporizer is even more adequate since the flame's high temp provides the instant vaporization that mimics using a one-hitter.

Between the Lotus, Vaponic and Vapman, and the Genie, is IMO your best bet to what you want.

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
I initially thought of the sublimator. One big hit and you could be good to go. but I see what you are really after. I also think you are after the holy grail, like someone else already said. I don't think it exists yet. :(

I know what ya mean about the mflb, If i could pack a stronger hit then It would be better. to that end, the flashvape is a lot like the mflb. maybe that?

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom