Nausea: The Monster

GenYHippie

Ok now that I have a strain that's having some good effects im curious. For vaping alone how often do you guys medicate? Im finding the effect wears off by about 2 hours after my last hit. That feels like a lot of vaping in a day. Maybe I should try going up in temp or is it the strain that dictates how long it works?

Havent tried my edibles yet which I know are supposed to last longer but may make me more drowsy

GenYHippie,
Reactions: ataxian

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Get the app Leafly if your into learning about all the strains and what they do and other people's reviews and comments... I find it extremely helpful. When I was my worst I vaped 2-3 times a day.. My least.. Once a day. What are you using to vape? I have a MFLB (loooveee). Edibles with a high CBN will be best.. Read the effects of Sativa and Indica and you will learn which is best for GI issues.. Tho high THC gets rid of nausea it doesn't help the issues directly like the indica.. But a hybrid is best if you want to function on an indica lol

GenYHippie

Get the app Leafly if your into learning about all the strains and what they do and other people's reviews and comments... I find it extremely helpful. When I was my worst I vaped 2-3 times a day.. My least.. Once a day. What are you using to vape? I have a MFLB (loooveee). Edibles with a high CBN will be best.. Read the effects of Sativa and Indica and you will learn which is best for GI issues.. Tho high THC gets rid of nausea it doesn't help the issues directly like the indica.. But a hybrid is best if you want to function on an indica lol

I did join leafly it is a nice start but most of the reviews are really generic. People tend to select to many options it end up not giving a very clear snapshot of the strain. I tend to start there then go about the web once I narrow it down to a few interesting strains.

I am using a Solo on level 2 ATM since im new and the throatiness bothers me. In my edibles the chocolate bar is a higher CBD the honey is made with kief so higher THC that way I can get a taste for both. yeah my experience with a higher CBD hybris wasn't great gave me a headache and not much else. But I o vape at a low temp so I plan to build my way back up to that strain eventually. I may try the CBD edible tomorrow night so I can try to sleep through it if I get another headache or dizziness.

I know a guy who is strictly edibles for disk pain and arthritis issues who does his edibles at night and can be fine all through the next day. So hopefully eating it at night can get me through the morning eating then maybe only have to vape before dinner

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Funny I'm not an indica person myself as any problems my body has.. It seems to bring them to the forefront and tingle making me more AWARE or them but I'm not in pain..(soo weird) Why I do a hybrid or Sativa. The leafy app seems more put together.. And with the tabs it tells you if it's good for GI, ADHD, STress, ect.. And well the negs like dry mouth.. Yea it's generic BUT once you know more about strains and their names you can like you said you do.. Go off through the interwebs and find people talking about that one strain you read.. Or others that are good for GI or nausea.. Etc. basically it is a strain encyclopedia

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ok now that I have a strain that's having some good effects im curious. For vaping alone how often do you guys medicate? Im finding the effect wears off by about 2 hours after my last hit. That feels like a lot of vaping in a day. Maybe I should try going up in temp or is it the strain that dictates how long it works?

Havent tried my edibles yet which I know are supposed to last longer but may make me more drowsy
Eating cannabis is not for me.
Some like it however for me it is freaky!

After 2 hours vaporizing wears off for me. I quick session every couple of hours helps to maintain. Before bed a bit of a longer session or two stems.

We all have different conditions.
For me it's a safe way to medicate without destroying my internal organs.

I have not wake & vaked this morning however your post has reminded me what I'm missing!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I had to stop taking some meds and herbs, including ginger, because of my surgery next week.. I can really see a big difference because now I am nauseated ALL the time. Dry heaving and puking some too. I didn't realize how much ginger was helping me until I had to stop taking it cold turkey. As a result, I am using a lot more flowers and concentrate to make up for the lack of ginger. It helps the more of it I use, so that's good at least.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have never really spoken about actual ordeals.. scopes, procedures, tests... twelve foot tubes with cameras etc.... My gut has had a long road.

I came to whine to you (commiserate with) about the ...hmmmm is it the cause, or the effect?..... Nausea.
You know... "the Beast"
You guys accepted my whining, and have since shared back!
It warms my heart on this day....
I OWE you!
I at least owe you a story or short poem.
perhaps both.
it was a rough start.
I feel better now, and will attempt distract you with a bit of Nausea-based entertainment:

So here be I to present a song and dance.
On a day that Vito gets a second chance!
Aye, Nausea prose...
..is how this goes-

A tale of Monster come to ruin the day,
and how brave Uncle did yon Beasty slay.
A tale not for feint of heart
for we will be gettin' high straight from start!
Of the evil, Warning hast thou been given

Now hear thee how.. the MONSTER was driven!

It was not the average morning.
I do medicate when I wake, but today the Beasts fetid breath singed the hairs on the back of my neck.
Patty was not up yet.. and I was steady.. I had every tool known to vapordom at my disposal.. and each was loaded and at the ready.
I never need that much help... I didn't .... not usually.. but..
Firefly Vape gave me a lightening fast hit of sweet grandaddy purp.. enough to smile and think that is was over.
Patty was up now, and I confidently stepped up...
The sweat broke out on my forehead, and Mr. Tough guy (me) almost fell to his knees, at the hands of
the brutal assault by a Monster, whose will had not been entertained in far too long for his greedy liking!
Patty dragged me to the Vape room, and sat me down, while she ran to the fridge to grab one of my life saving cannabis Caramels. By the time she got back I was shaking again.
she slipped it into my mouth... and held my violently shaking hand while she asked me to pick an oil, something that would smell nice... make me forget.
Things did improve after that....
But the ordeal, and the piece of caramel, repeated 3 times.
Enough was enough.
battered and a bit disheveled by a battle not, of my making...
I stood.
I stood without my cane.
My poor wife had seen enough of this shit, and the FUCKING MONSTER was going not one step further into my DAMNED MORNING.
I kissed Patty and I said, I was going to close the door for a minute, so that she would not have to smell the meds.
She looked worried, and I assured her it was time for the big guns... and to tell the Dogs.. Daddy was rolling up his sleeves to whip some ass.
Almost done folks...
This is the battle part, but it was a one sided battle from the moment I closed that door.
My proof is that it is 12:31 in the afternoon, and I am sitting here in bathrobe, grinning through unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair. Not like me to be lazy... but...
I kicked the Monster's legs out from below ..... by balancing a green pea sized Dab of Sour Deisel Putty on a long glass dabber, and inhaling Deeply as my Vapor Brothers VB2 (Cheesebox) Concentrate device.. completely made that Humongous dab vanish in a fraction of a second, as I sucked the thick cloud down.
I expelled vapor.. thick as smoke... for 2 minutes! No matter how much I exhaled there was more... Time for a test.
I had to see if the vapor from the OG Kush wax was that thick... and if it would make my mouth just as tacky...
tacky mouth is always a good sign monster (small "M" now) is down on his knees.
No time to let that fucker back up.
I put about .3 of a gram of my most perfumey Blue Dream into My Herbalizer™
I turned the Herbie up to 445º and stuck a shorty tube on it and breathed in with fan assist.
It took me 3 huge hits .. with touches of fan assist here and there to extract the goods.
I looked over my shoulder.. with a giggle.
Yeah... We be silly....
monster (not so big as before) was looking dazed over in the corner... and a bit weak around the edges of his silhouette.. in fact transparent!!
I grabbed my SSV wand, already full. It was a different grower's version of Blue Dream....
If it aint broke, dont fix it!
Woah.. how many hits was that ... (I look at my SSV wand and it is almost toast!)
I see the monster trying to sneak out of the room ... small enough to fit under the door.
I don't need more Medication. I can barely see the monster now.
I walk out (slowly and as though floating).
Patty smiles, and walks to me, puts another candy in my mouth.
She knows the monster is dead (for now).
She looks at my eyes, and asks in a voice reminiscent of Tommy Chong...
"Man... are you ALLLL Fucked up?"
I smiled.
She says she is glad to see me so "relaxed'.
Beast gone once again.
I live to fight another day....
Tools of our trade at my side...
arrows of herbal remedy in my quiver.
Fuck you monster.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I have never really spoken about actual ordeals.. scopes, procedures, tests... twelve foot tubes with cameras etc.... My gut has had a long road.

I came to whine to you (commiserate with) about the ...hmmmm is it the cause, or the effect?..... Nausea.
You know... "the Beast"
I OWE you!
perhaps both.
it was a rough start.
I feel better now, and will attempt distract you with a bit of Nausea based entertainment:

So I am here to present a song and dance.
Yes Nausea prose...
..is how this goes-

I do medicate when I wake, but today the Beasts fetid breath singed the hairs on the back of my neck.
Patty was not up yet.. and I was ready.. I had every tool known to vapordom at my disposal.. and each was loaded and at the ready.
Firefly Vape gave me a lightening fast hit of sweet grandaddy purp.. enough to smile and think that is was over.
The sweat broke out on my forehead, and Mr. Tuogh guy (me) almost fell to his knees, at the hands of
the brutal assault by a Monster, whose will had not been entertained in far too long for his greedy liking!
Patty dragged me to the Vape room, and sat me down, while she ran to the fridge to grab one of my life saving cannabis Caramels. By the time she got back I was shaking again.
she slipped it into my mouth... and held my violently shaking hand while she asked me to pick an oil, something that would smell nice... make me forget.
Enough was enough.
I stood.
I stood without my cane.
My poor wife had seen enough of this shit, and the FUCKING MONSTER was going not one step further into my DAMNED MORNING.
I kissed Patty and I said, I was going to close the door for a minute, so that she would not have to smell the meds.
She looked worried, and I assured her it was time for the big guns... and to tell the Dogs.. Daddy was rolling up his sleeves to whip some ass.
Almost done folks...
This is the battle part, but it was a one sided battle from the moment I closed that door.
My proof is that it is 12:31 in the afternoon, and I anm sitting here in bathrobe, grinning through unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair. Not like me to be lazy... but...
I kicked the Monster's legs out from below ..... by balancing a green pea sized Dab of Sour Deisel Putty on a long glass dabber, and inhaling Deeply as my Vapor Brothers VB2 (Cheesebox) Concentrate device.. completely made that Humongous dab vanish in a fraction of a second, as I sucked the thick cloud down.
I expelled vapor.. thick as smoke... for 2 minutes! No matter how much I exhaled there was more... Time for a test.
I had to see if the vapor from the OG Kush wax was that thick... and if it would make my mouth just as tacky...
I put anout .3 of a gram of my most perfumey Blue Dream into My Herbalizer™
I turned the Herbie up to 445º and stuck a shorty tube on it and breathed in with fan assist.
It took me 3 huge hits .. with touches of fan assist here and there to extract the goods.
Yeah... I be silly....

monster (not so big as before) was looking dazed over in the corner... and a bit weak around the edges of his silhouette.. in fact transparent!!
I grabbed my SSV wand, already full. It was a different grower's version of Blue Dream....
Woah.. how many hits was that ... (I look at my SSV wand and it is almost toast!)
I see the
monster trying to sneak out of the room ... small enough to fit under the door.
I don't need more Medication. I can barely see the
monster now.
I walk (slowly and as though floating).
I smiled.
Beast gone once again.
Fuck you
monster.
Thanks for listening.
Yea! Fuck you monster!!

GenYHippie

Quick thing I wanted to mention. Today I got a weird but good surprise :)! I think now that I have used MJ several days in a row its hanging around in my system a bit. I woke up over an hour before my med alarm for nature calling ;) and I was able to get up and make it down the hall without throwing up anything :). That's a big deal in my world. I didn't end up curled in a ball with stomach cramps either, just had to reheat my hotpack and do some deep breathing to get me through till pill time.

No wake and bake today as I was feeling extra dizzy and needed to be in a car. Tomorrow though its back on!

Funny I'm not an indica person myself as any problems my body has.. It seems to bring them to the forefront and tingle making me more AWARE or them but I'm not in pain..(soo weird) Why I do a hybrid or Sativa. The leafy app seems more put together.. And with the tabs it tells you if it's good for GI, ADHD, STress, ect.. And well the negs like dry mouth.. Yea it's generic BUT once you know more about strains and their names you can like you said you do.. Go off through the interwebs and find people talking about that one strain you read.. Or others that are good for GI or nausea.. Etc. basically it is a strain encyclopedia

I have only tried one indica dominant so I cant speak to the whole family but as far as effects I am not a fan of the tingling either. The app is much better organized that others, the site is nice other than that it doesn't have about 4 of the strains im interested in. Many of the strains it has I don't have easy access to :(. Its the reviews that are more the issue. A lot of people end up reviews the dispensary in the herb section or leave it vague something like "got ripped and loved it" which isn't very helpful.

With my qualifiers I put in I came up with 23 options for evening strains most effective for nausea. I have access to 5 of them so I can start there and do my research. One strain I already have that ic ant find much on is Sunshine Daydream. I can find seed distributors but not much in way of reviews.

Eating cannabis is not for me.
Some like it however for me it is freaky!

After 2 hours vaporizing wears off for me. I quick session every couple of hours helps to maintain. Before bed a bit of a longer session or two stems.

We all have different conditions.
For me it's a safe way to medicate without destroying my internal organs.

I have not wake & vaked this morning however your post has reminded me what I'm missing!

I haven't tried it much but I figure I may as well give it a go if I want something longer lasting. Im all for relief but I do believe in moderation and it is an expensive med to keep up with. Gladto know its not just me though about the 2 hour thing. Once I find a good PM strain that doesn't amp me up I can probably time my doses better. I know I will need one between 6 -7pm to get through dinner but the Jack seemed to keep me up. Going to try maui next I think. Im in the same boat organ wise the RX meds are hard on my liver, kidneys, and heart. Ihave to have my heart tested once a year and liver via blood test at least once but usual 3 - 4 times a year.

Hope you enjoy your wake and bake :)

I had to stop taking some meds and herbs, including ginger, because of my surgery next week.. I can really see a big difference because now I am nauseated ALL the time. Dry heaving and puking some too. I didn't realize how much ginger was helping me until I had to stop taking it cold turkey. As a result, I am using a lot more flowers and concentrate to make up for the lack of ginger. It helps the more of it I use, so that's good at least.

Im sorry :( im in the same boat but for me its just enzymes at the moment. Once they are out of my system I have to stop anything effecting motility. Not a fun place to be sadly. Glad your bud has been getting you through hope they get these tests over with so you can get back on the ginger.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Quick thing I wanted to mention. Today I got a weird but good surprise :)! I think now that I have used MJ several days in a row its hanging around in my system a bit. I woke up over an hour before my med alarm for nature calling ;) and I was able to get up and make it down the hall without throwing up anything :). That's a big deal in my world. I didn't end up curled in a ball with stomach cramps either, just had to reheat my hotpack and do some deep breathing to get me through till pill time.

No wake and bake today as I was feeling extra dizzy and needed to be in a car. Tomorrow though its back on!

I have only tried one indica dominant so I cant speak to the whole family but as far as effects I am not a fan of the tingling either. The app is much better organized that others, the site is nice other than that it doesn't have about 4 of the strains im interested in. Many of the strains it has I don't have easy access to :(. Its the reviews that are more the issue. A lot of people end up reviews the dispensary in the herb section or leave it vague something like "got ripped and loved it" which isn't very helpful.

With my qualifiers I put in I came up with 23 options for evening strains most effective for nausea. I have access to 5 of them so I can start there and do my research. One strain I already have that ic ant find much on is Sunshine Daydream. I can find seed distributors but not much in way of reviews.

I haven't tried it much but I figure I may as well give it a go if I want something longer lasting. Im all for relief but I do believe in moderation and it is an expensive med to keep up with. Gladto know its not just me though about the 2 hour thing. Once I find a good PM strain that doesn't amp me up I can probably time my doses better. I know I will need one between 6 -7pm to get through dinner but the Jack seemed to keep me up. Going to try maui next I think. Im in the same boat organ wise the RX meds are hard on my liver, kidneys, and heart. Ihave to have my heart tested once a year and liver via blood test at least once but usual 3 - 4 times a year.

Hope you enjoy your wake and bake :)

Im sorry :( im in the same boat but for me its just enzymes at the moment. Once they are out of my system I have to stop anything effecting motility. Not a fun place to be sadly. Glad your bud has been getting you through hope they get these tests over with so you can get back on the ginger.
Can you get GPD? (GRAND DADDY PURPLE) I have less than a gram left however this is one that works for night time for me. GSC (GIRL SCOUT COOKIES) or DUTCH TREAT during the day time for me are so good. I tried being cheap and bought the bargin deals however I return to the top shelf strains. Funny not all strains have the desired effect. Cannabis is purely medical for me however it's so much more fun than pharmaceutical!

You know... "the Beast"
I OWE you!
perhaps both.
it was a rough start.
I feel better now, and will attempt distract you with a bit of Nausea based entertainment:

So I am here to present a song and dance.
Yes Nausea prose...
..is how this goes-

Patty was not up yet.. and I was steady.. I had every tool known to vapordom at my disposal.. and each was loaded and at the ready.
The sweat broke out on my forehead, and Mr. Tough guy (me) almost fell to his knees, at the hands of
Enough was enough.
I stood.
I stood without my cane.
Almost done folks...
My proof is that it is 12:31 in the afternoon, and I am sitting here in bathrobe, grinning through unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair. Not like me to be lazy... but...
I put about .3 of a gram of my most perfumey Blue Dream into My Herbalizer™
Yeah... We be silly....

I see the
monster trying to sneak out of the room ... small enough to fit under the door.
I don't need more Medication. I can barely see the
monster now.
I walk out (slowly and as though floating).
I smiled.
Beast gone once again.
Fuck you
monster.
Thanks for listening.
@Vitolo That was a good read!
This morning I played with my water pipe and some GDP and NIRVANA setting in protecting me from the:
"MONSTER"!

Last edited:

GenYHippie

Can you get GPD? (GRAND DADDY PURPLE) I have less than a gram left however this is one that works for night time for me. GSC (GIRL SCOUT COOKIES) or DUTCH TREAT during the day time for me are so good. I tried being cheap and bought the bargin deals however I return to the top shelf strains. Funny not all strains have the desired effect. Cannabis is purely medical for me however it's so much more fun than pharmaceutical!

I can find some its sibblings/offspring but none in stock in my area (though for now im sticking to lab tested dispensaries) but I can look in the next few cities over who have more shops. I can get GSC and ive seen PGSC but the latter is out of stock ATM. Never seen dutch treat in bud around here I did see it somewhere in shatter I think.

Lol I have to agree with the fun part. It really freaked me out at first after knowing a few people who would get WAY to high on a pretty regular basis when not in school. They acted ridiculous, though at the time I didn't know they were probably taking 4 - 5X what they would have needed for purely medical needs.

Sometime I want to try my main dispensaries top shelf shake. It gets really good reviews plus I like that they don't mix the cheap stuff. They have top shelf shake and basic shake there so its nice to be able to choose.

GenYHippie,
Reactions: Vitolo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sometime I want to try my main dispensaries top shelf shake. It gets really good reviews plus I like that they don't mix the cheap stuff. They have top shelf shake and basic shake there so its nice to be able to choose.

There is one dispensary that has decent top shelf shake.
I trust them because all there strains are high grade.
$30 for 10 grams.

Then we have the Hacker dispensaries that have bottom shelve strains.
Don't buy any shake for a dispensary that sells bottom shelf strains.
They mix the garbage with the premium and your medicine becomes comprised.

I have a legal medical grow so I buy seeds of the strains I need and just buy from the dispensaries between harvest.

Since I quit all the paramedicals I feel better.

In the morning the "MONSTER" Tries to make me sick however some cannabis keeps him away!

If your can't find GDP ask for something similar. (night time)
Dutch Treat can be hard to find.
GSC is fairly easy to get.

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are alot of attempts at Blue Dream.
They may look the perfect "blue dreaM' look..
They may be good meds too.
But Blue dream should have a perfume... as exotic to the senses as a distant Jasmine.
This is part of the experience... the essence gets the monster moving as well as the effect of the strain.

GenYHippie

There is one dispensary that has decent top shelf shake.
I trust them because all there strains are high grade.
$30 for 10 grams.

Then we have the Hacker dispensaries that have bottom shelve strains.
Don't buy any shake for a dispensary that sells bottom shelf strains.
They mix the garbage with the premium and your medicine becomes comprised.

I have a legal medical grow so I buy seeds of the strains I need and just buy from the dispensaries between harvest.

Since I quit all the paramedicals I feel better.

In the morning the "MONSTER" Tries to make me sick however some cannabis keeps him away!

If your can't find GDP ask for something similar. (night time)
Dutch Treat can be hard to find.
GSC is fairly easy to get.

Goof to know you've had a good experience. I would have to check the menu but I think it was $15 for 1/8th at mine here. I will keep my eye out for GDP and ask I they have something similar when I get my voice back (3rd cold this year :( ) The girl I have worked with this far is a sweetheart <3.

GenYHippie

Yeah I cant imagine how hard it is for those you trying to medicate in a non-legalized state :(. Im sure I could find 3 places to "score" within 5 miles but it would be dusty bits or grind mixed with god knows what forget about strains ad nugs. Much love and support to those of you coping under those conditions

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Yea for us also the strains are always mixed up or connections change.. It's like when you find something you like or works you gotta buy in bulk or good luck finding it again.. Or hope at some point you see it again..
I'm hoping to hear someone with ATF.. I can't wait for nov here.. Hoping it goes legal on the medicinal front here atleast

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yea for us also the strains are always mixed up or connections change.. It's like when you find something you like or works you gotta buy in bulk or good luck finding it again.. Or hope at some point you see it again..
I'm hoping to hear someone with ATF.. I can't wait for nov here.. Hoping it goes legal on the medicinal front here atleast
I will buy a seal a meal at COSTCO.
When I find a strain that works well I'll stock up!

GDP for insomia.
Getting some BLUE DREAM this week-end.
GSC, DUTCH TREAT for day time.

There is more good ones however at least these 3 to start with!

GenYHippie

I hope so too. Its got to be hard when you find something o scrape together enough money to buy what you can get to last you till you may see it again.

I will buy a seal a meal at COSTCO.
When I find a strain that works well I'll stock up!

GDP for insomia.
Getting some BLUE DREAM this week-end.
GSC, DUTCH TREAT for day time.

There is more good ones however at least these 3 to start with!

Hope you can find it to stock up :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Good luck with your surgery!
Ginger is a great one for nausea.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I hope so too. Its got to be hard when you find something o scrape together enough money to buy what you can get to last you till you may see it again.

Hope you can find it to stock up :)
Oh yea you painted the picture to my situation all right :( I do hope I can sometime soon

luckypucky,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom