• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Nausea: The Monster

Vitolo

Vaporist
I get very emotional when I discuss nausea. Any of you who do skype vape sessions with me can hear the tears in my voice when I talk about nausea.
I am crying now.
I was a championship fighter for my entire lifetime, and a dog trainer.
Never took a pill.. never puked.
I was Superman.
Things change!
After my coma, I was left with many issues. Spasticity, that makes my body twist in directions I am not planning on aiming! Pain that makes me shout out, and then publicly announce "hehe.. excuse me folks.. a bit of a cramp"
I have gotten over the self conciousness of a broken Gait as I walk..
But (the big but)
Every morning I wake up and forget the morning before... I think today will be OK...
but it never is.
I fall to my knees and cry daily..
At night Patty says "Honey, did you get your morning meds ground?".. I love Patty with all of my heart and I comply.
If I fall asleep or forget... when I wake up it is too late.
I hurry in the morning to grind some herb, and vape a fast stem.... if I wait to long.....
Patty will find me.
A grown man...
A once famous champion..... now a shattered man.... on his knees... in tears...
"Oh God... why... I didnt do anything bad... please God .. tell me why and I will be good.. I swear... "
Patty walks in... " Oh honey I am so sorry"... My 115 lb wife drags my crumpled form into my wheelchair from it's station on the floor at the toilet.
I am not embarrassed.. not humiliated at being an EX hero... now reduced to daily tears..
I am grateful... because without her help.. I would not be able to get myself to my meds to grind....
2 large vape hits, and the tears begin to dry...
I kiss my Patty.
"I am so sorry Patty... I am so sorry that this happens to me, and that you have to see it"
She doesn't use weed... but she understands..
"I am glad your OK now Vito... tonight I will remind you to get the Daily Grind done for tomorrow!"

When I qualified as an MMJ Patient.. they qualified me on 4 separate criteria.
I was and am a fighter....
Pain...haha... bring it on!. I am not afraid.
Neurapathy.. Mind over matter
Spastic Convulsion... what the hell you lookin' at??
but... Nausea...
Nausea you fucking Monster... YOU BEAST....
How I loath you...
I would kill you dead if I could... but I can not see you or touch you... and if you get too close.. I am powerless against you.

Now friends- you have read my true feelings about Nausea.
Anyone want to try to come up in here and take my MMJ card?

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Vitolo, what an amazing post, I am touched, thank you so much for sharing. Nausea is the worst. I think I mentioned to you earlier that I am fighting this as well because 7 years of Indomethecin have caused an increasing stomach irritation that ended with me not being able to keep any food down for over 2 days just earlier this week. Its weird because with me, extreme nausea and hunger feel the same now, I can't tell them apart. Looks like I will be able to fix this, thank goodness, but another pill goes into the "arsenal" . . . I am getting to the point that I LOATHE pills.

Having your health stripped away has to be one of the most difficult things to process with your mind. I know when I lost my career to my disease, Psoriatic Arthritis, I wound up in therapy, still am. My ego and sense of self worth were completely wrapped up in my being a good "provider" for my family. It was, and still is, hard to let that go.

t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Wow Vitolo, intense. I can't imagine. I hate surgery because I get so scared. Anxiety, sweaty palms and feet, especially when you have to move yourself from the gurney onto that stainless steel table, reality hits. At that point the anesthesiologist is my best friend.

A question sir: My sister has major spasticity problems with her MS. She refuses cannabis because she does not want to get high and sometimes I don't want to either. This is why I am researching non-psychoactive cannabinoids. Have you found anything that might help her? I am looking to salves and maybe tinctures but everything here is home made, cottage industry stuff, and its hard to tell what you are getting let alone how to adjust dosages etc . . .

t-dub

Vitolo

Vaporist
t-dub....
I have been on almost every spasticity drug there is.
They wanted to give me botox injections.. but there were 200+shots... and they said it would be every 30-60 days!
Baclofen was the worst.. It's side effect.... my old nemesis ... Nausea.
When an attack gets bad.. I can rub tincture in... and there is some relief.. even more if I sit with the bottle and a cotton swab... and just keep painting on layer after layer. (Iso that I have thrown stems into over a very very long time... 91% is best- I do add weed).
This is from the heart my man....
There was a time that I had to take Morphine...
Superman dont need no damn morphine!.... Eventually I figured out about quality of life.
I prefered to sit in a ball muscles bulging under the strain... than to "see myself as a drug user"
I take very low doses now of a synthetic narcotic for pain control, thanks to vapor.
NOW about your sister.
Time to make a decision about quality of life.
We are not asking her to smoke it and get "stoned out"
Find her a nice sativa strain. They will be less expensive.. because you are looking for 12-15% THC and Sativas are not all that intense or pschoactive.. next.....
we ask her to learn to vaporize...... a small amount of a sativa an hour or so prior to when she has learned "The ruff patch is comin".
one hit.
that's it
she will not feel much the first time but relief.
Systematic desensitization to the idea of using marijuana.
Your sister has few choices now for her own comfort.
even if she did 2 hits of vapor..... and felt a bit of a buzz....
the choice is clear.
Learn to accept the light buzz in exchange for some relief... OR
learn to use less than others do, and get a minimal high, through selection of strain, and low dosages!

Take all high grade stems, and pieces that are left in bags.. throw in a bottle that is about 1/4 full of Iso (91%)
after collecting for a few months, this will become dark.
Paint on areas of Spastic Muscle contractions freely.
I wind up with a "Clonus".
My left foot cramps for hours.. I paint this on the soul of my foot, where the tendons and muscles pull.
it works.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, I was so moved, reading this. To think that you can come here almost every day, presenting and giving a smile when you go through so much.... you are an amazing person. An amazing man and an amazing advocate for mmj and the patients that use it.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Vitolo, thanks for your reply. Yes, did Morphine Sulfate for almost 5 years, it did not end well. In fact the wife was almost out the door when she told me it had to STOP. I stopped cold turkey, not smart, but made it through withdrawals. The absolute worst 5 days of my life. My sister is stubborn but interested so as I journey down this road myself I am trying to share info with her as much as possible. Thats why when I saw the juicing thing I got pretty excited.

t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Oh, didn't even know we were overlooked, but thanks for your kind sentiment. It is amazing how cannabis has improved my life so far this year. I love it when people I have known for years tell me I am looking much better, color especially I used to be GRAY from all the pills and chemo, but I can't tell them what I am doing. I just smile and say thanks and tell them I have adjusted meds or supplements or something.

t-dub

Smokey

Cloud Master
momofthegoons said:
Vito, I was so moved, reading this. To think that you can come here almost every day, presenting and giving a smile when you go through so much.... you are an amazing person. An amazing man and an amazing advocate for mmj and the patients that use it.

QFT
Vito, I esteem you very much.

T-dub, good luck to you and your sister, you deserve it.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vitolo said:
I get very emotional when I discuss nausea. Any of you who do skype vape sessions with me can hear the tears in my voice when I talk about nausea.
I am crying now.
I was a championship fighter for my entire lifetime, and a dog trainer.
Never took a pill.. never puked.
I was Superman.
Things change!
After my coma, I was left with many issues. Spasticity, that makes my body twist in directions I am not planning on aiming! Pain that makes me shout out, and then publicly announce "hehe.. excuse me folks.. a bit of a cramp"
I have gotten over the self conciousness of a broken Gait as I walk..
But (the big but)
Every morning I wake up and forget the morning before... I think today will be OK...
but it never is.
I fall to my knees and cry daily..
At night Patty says "Honey, did you get your morning meds ground?".. I love Patty with all of my heart and I comply.
If I fall asleep or forget... when I wake up it is too late.
I hurry in the morning to grind some herb, and vape a fast stem.... if I wait to long.....
Patty will find me.
A grown man...
A once famous champion..... now a shattered man.... on his knees... in tears...
"Oh God... why... I didnt do anything bad... please God .. tell me why and I will be good.. I swear... "
Patty walks in... " Oh honey I am so sorry"... My 115 lb wife drags my crumpled form into my wheelchair from it's station on the floor at the toilet.
I am not embarrassed.. not humiliated at being an EX hero... now reduced to daily tears..
I am grateful... because without her help.. I would not be able to get myself to my meds to grind....
2 large vape hits, and the tears begin to dry...
I kiss my Patty.
"I am so sorry Patty... I am so sorry that this happens to me, and that you have to see it"
She doesn't use weed... but she understands..
"I am glad your OK now Vito... tonight I will remind you to get the Daily Grind done for tomorrow!"

When I qualified as an MMJ Patient.. they qualified me on 4 separate criteria.
I was and am a fighter....
Pain...haha... bring it on!. I am not afraid.
Neurapathy.. Mind over matter
Spastic Convulsion... what the hell you lookin' at
but... Nausea...
Nausea you fucking Monster... YOU BEAST....
How I loath you...
I would kill you dead if I could... but I can not see you or touch you... and if you get too close.. I am powerless against you.

Now friends- you have read my true feelings about Nausea.
Anyone want to try to come up in here and take my MMJ card?

Now I am crying. I don't know if it is because I feel so badly for you, or because I know how you feel. I'm not as bad off as you, but I'm not in good shape. I have daily, chronic pain, and nausea. Nausea is mostly from the meds they have me take for the pain. I wish I could control the pain by only using cannabis, but I just can't anymore. I despise nausea and vomiting as much as you. I can't stand it. I have been sick with a flu virus since Wednesday, and have the nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Been in bed for days, feeling like death.

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. Being ill on a daily basis, and needing cannabis so you don't puke and can actually function. It's situation's like ours that make me so pissed off at the government. They know it's good medicine, yet they let so many suffer. :( tdub, I feel very badly for you and your sister too.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Vitolo, that was a powerful thing to read and I'm sure it was not easy to write. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring story - the next time I feel like giving up on something because it's too hard I'll remember that.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Vito, I wanted to touch base with you about the Botox shots you mentioned. My sister tried this therapy and it went horribly wrong. Permanent damage has been done and her doctor "fired" her from the practice when things went bad. Of course we are all different but I just wanted to let you know her experience.

Viki, its all good. I have not even mentioned my brother here yet, he has MS also. His rate of decline is much sharper than my sisters but his diagnosis is recent where my sister's is decades old. My poor mother, 77 years old, has to take care of them both. Luckily I am out on my own.

t-dub

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was warned about the problems (some of them) that botox could present... the least not being the fact that they can "over inject" in some sites... causing full paralysis of small muscle groups.
I didn't like the idea.
2a6tlki.jpg

Homey don't play that!

On a more serious note....
You have some real concerns in your life, as well as responsibilities.
You are doing well to advocate for your siblings.
I hope strength stays in your mom's heart to be the rock she has been for the family.
Your independence lightens the load... and your conviction to the use of MMJ for comfoprt will likely spread to others.. and hopefully your sister!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I just came across this thread. I have to say it really shows the extreme part that cannabis can play in some peoples lives. I am a medical patient. Though I do not suffer in the severity that you do Vito, or that many others do, I do deal with (i use deal very lightly) nausea. I could not imagine having it more than once a day, or as severe as others do. I'm thankful that I can manage all of the symptoms of my ailments with cannabis, as I have also dealt with prescription meds for many things. They just don't ever seem to do as much good (if any) as they do damage.

You're an inspiration to myself, and I am sure many others Vito ;) :peace:

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Damn Vito my heart goes out to you!!!

You are the exact reason why the govt should never say what meds people are allowed or not allowed to take. You are truly an inspiration!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well Vito, I was drooling over the toilet and thought of you the other day. I finally had to call the doctor. I have lost over 25 pounds this year and I still can hardly eat. So a new drug is in the arsenal. Its a sub-lingual tablet that tastes like cherry horse piss. Its called Ondansetron. Don't know anything about it yet but I took one and it did work, for about 4 hours. Everyone keeps congratulating me on the weight I've lost but I'm starting to get very concerned.

t-dub

Edit: Oh fucking great I can see I'm really gonna want to take these . . . "Ondansetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. Ondansetron is in a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of serotonin, a natural substance that may cause nausea and vomiting."

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm sory about thes t-dub.
I just hit my high weight since surgery 2 years ago... 140.
I amhaving trouble keeping it up.
You get a warm firm squeeze around your shoulders buddy.... from me to you.
I will read more about Ondansetron!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks buddy, you're the best. Why do so many drugs have to screw with serotonin . . . at least I can take this stuff through an airport, which I will be doing soon.

t-dub

Edit: One thing I have to say that has helped is the 40% heavy whipping creme smoothie. Frozen fruit + creme + blender = high calorie tummy lovin' goodness that I can keep down.

lwien

Vito, I just read this thread. I'm soooo sorry to hear what you have to endure, but on another note, man, can you write. THAT is publishable. You may not be able to do certain things, but writing is not one of them. THAT was gripping. Not many people can paint a picture with words, but..............ok, enough praise. Publish that shit. People NEED to read that and there's just not enough of them here. THAT talent needs to be shared.

Thank you............

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vitolo said:
Vicki... I felt you today and sent healing thoughts your way.

Thank you! I am really needing them. Been very sick since December 17th. A lot of vomiting, just feeling horrible. I have also had a low grade fever since then as well, going on 12 days now. I'm going to the doctor next week to get bloodwork done. Really sick of being sick. :)

I thought of you when I was feeling so bad, knowing you must also endure it on a daily basis. I truly feel for you, and my heart goes out to you.

Beezleb

Nausea is daily and constant jailer for me. It hits me in two main ways. It either comes on slow and gains much strength to just instantly hitting which will make me gag and heave to vomit. For what it is worth, I have a form of ALS, I am doing very well now.

I have been on my death bed 4 times. Been read last rites 2ce. I am still kicking and frankly I am nearly normal today, just a weak person :rolleyes: now but that can change anytime and each day I get is another day I was gifted. I also cannot take pain pills as they make me ill as well. We have been similar footsteps.

The trick is to find things to maintain your spirits. For some its hobby, work, games, learning, reading, what have you. I used to speak on vaporizers to terminally/serious ill people but have not done that in quite some time.

Keep on, keeping on and be well.

Top Bottom