Nausea: The Monster

GenYHippie

A curiosity that popped into my head tonight... Ive mentioned to doctors but they all blow me off so im curious what other people who go through chronic nausea think.

Do any of you feel tingling associated with nausea that's not medication/MJ related? I know when im about to get really sick when the tinkling goes down past my knees or when I feel it in the backs of my arms. Whenever a wave of nausea hits I feel the tingling on the backs of my thighs, that's pretty constant but the way it moves makes me curious if anyone else gets that.

GenYHippie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When you are about to wretch... you may lean forward slightly... in tense anticipation.
This stretches the tendons along the back of the legs, and causes a rippling electrical impulse feeling along those tendons.
Any chronic Nausea patient, sadly develops many physical anticipatory reflexes... due to self preservative responses.
when two reflexes are paired enough times, they will automatically begin to occur together.
When one reflex begins, it triggers others.

Vitolo

Vaporist
sorry you feel poorly....
but it is a sad day when one's moment is bad enough.... for them to hope that day's finale is a visit from the Monster!
Maybe you are saying that you wish you could puke and get it over with .. as in "the flu".
I hope this is what you mean.
but.... I am sorry you experience cramps etc... that are harsh enough to invoke the name of the Beast (Nausea).

Vitolo

Vaporist
2 weeks back, Patty got home from work, and told me the whole place was out with the flu... except her.
Next day I got the 24 hour viral gastroenteritis called the flu.
when it was done, ... 2 days later Patty got her delayed version of same flu.
I may have been contagious... and should have worn a mask as I typed... or you yourself maybe could have not read my post so closely. (distance from screen)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Tingling, cold sweats, cramps, hopefully it ends with nausea.
Feel Better Soon! I am sorry to hear you're not well!

Sometimes when I had an onset of severe nausea, and my normal regimen wasn't taking the severe edge off, I found getting myself into somewhere freezing was the kick start that let the rest of the regimen start to take effect. So, for me, freezing to the point of shivering did help.... (then remove myself from the cold, so not to get sick as well).

I know everyone's different, but truly hope someone posts advice that helps!

GenYHippie

When you are about to wretch... you may lean forward slightly... in tense anticipation.
This stretches the tendons along the back of the legs, and causes a rippling electrical impulse feeling along those tendons.
Any chronic Nausea patient, sadly develops many physical anticipatory reflexes... due to self preservative responses.
when two reflexes are paired enough times, they will automatically begin to occur together.
When one reflex begins, it triggers others.

Hmmmm good theory but I don't think its positional. I spend at least 80% of my day laying on a couch with my knees up towards my chest feet inbetween the cushions. But I can see how it may have come conditioned from when this all started. I get a little paranoid since autoimmune diseases run in my family including MS. So sometimes I need feedback on what may or may not be normal.

Tingling, cold sweats, cramps, hopefully it ends with nausea.

Im sorry grokit (((HUGS))))

I know this feeling all to well, its like "ok throw up already''. Hope it's gone soon grokit.

I made the mistake of eating half a pack of Twizzlers and have to go sit out back awhile or the EPA might show up and condemn my house.

Man I wish throw up already felt like a good thing. Im not of those people who pukes and feels any better. IT sets me up for hours or gagging and wretching weather or not there is anything left :(. Sorry about the twizzlers incident :( do you have a wheat/gluten sensitivity?

Sometimes when I had an onset of severe nausea, and my normal regimen wasn't taking the severe edge off, I found getting myself into somewhere freezing was the kick start that let the rest of the regimen start to take effect. So, for me, freezing to the point of shivering did help.... (then remove myself from the cold, so not to get sick as well).

I know everyone's different, but truly hope someone posts advice that helps!

Interesting. For me cold makes the nausea worse but im less likely to throw up. My gag seems stronger in the cold.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, but I'm fine today!
Speaking from experience though, I had a lot bad days last year.
Physical fatigue can really set it off for me, especially when I'm stressed.
Hoping for a better 2014 :tup:

Me too I hope all of our 2014's are better to us!

GenYHippie,
Reactions: grokit

GenYHippie

Your the coolest!

Been vaporizing with: GRAND DADDY PURPLE for nausea.
Works well!

Making a note of that thanks :)

Have you been tested for chrons?

No quote so im not sure who your asking but if it was me. No chrones DX right now the new gastro is operating under a gastroperisis/IBS combo deal.

grand daady purp is good... I like the purps in general for nausea.

Making a note of this as well my closest dispensary has two purples right now...

GenYHippie,
Reactions: ataxian

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
A curiosity that popped into my head tonight... Ive mentioned to doctors but they all blow me off so im curious what other people who go through chronic nausea think.

Do any of you feel tingling associated with nausea that's not medication/MJ related? I know when im about to get really sick when the tinkling goes down past my knees or when I feel it in the backs of my arms. Whenever a wave of nausea hits I feel the tingling on the backs of my thighs, that's pretty constant but the way it moves makes me curious if anyone else gets that.

Yes. head to toe tingling like my nerves are all on overdrive, freaking out. I think it's mild shock from the strain on my body.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
From what I have been told by my doc gastroparesis is very rare.. So again I think gallbladder or something more..
IBS was the same thing they wasted 3 yrs trying to brainwash me into believing. Read forums of other people with these issues and see if you find similarities and narrow down possibilities.. Don't relay on your doc solely.. Do some homework to ask questions.. They may help your doc if he didn't think to ask you these things gen Y

GenYHippie

Yes. head to toe tingling like my nerves are all on overdrive, freaking out. I think it's mild shock from the strain on my body.

Good point, freaky phenom though :(. Sorry it happens to you too.

From what I have been told by my doc gastroparesis is very rare.. So again I think gallbladder or something more..
IBS was the same thing they wasted 3 yrs trying to brainwash me into believing. Read forums of other people with these issues and see if you find similarities and narrow down possibilities.. Don't relay on your doc solely.. Do some homework to ask questions.. They may help your doc if he didn't think to ask you these things gen Y

I like to have it ALL checked but you know docs gotta play by their rules (damn deities they think they are) but at least this one has scheduled some stuff. He said he might order the HYDA after the endoscopy and pancreatic ultrasound, so I can hope he follows through. Im on disability that may go medicare sometimes this year which means more options which means I can try others if he doesn't follow through.

To an extent gastroperesis makes sense as when I throw up in the morning I can see some stuff from breakfast or lunch the day before mixed in with dinner. So stuff does hang around a long time but not not always.

And oh yes I am BIG on doing my homework, even if docs don't listen I still do it. They may not do the test but I can try various alternative treatments myself see if anything works maybe get closer to a real DX rather than a generic IBS one. None of my tests other than bloodwork and BM sample are scheduled til almost end of march :( so in the meantime I march on and experiment with my MJ

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Hmmm at some point perhaps another opinion.. Because even if what your telling your doctor is assessed subjectively they should listen to you.. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes would be good?

luckypucky,

GenYHippie

Hmmm at some point perhaps another opinion.. Because even if what your telling your doctor is assessed subjectively they should listen to you.. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes would be good?

Oh boy lol if I count back from the beginning im on about my 24th opinion :p. Im stuck on state care for now and no one really gives a crap about you. The nurses are nice bet they have no power, doctors are triple booking to meet minimums which means no one gets good care. Which is why I hope they switch me to medicare as I can have more options and I don't need referrals for every little thing.

The first doctor I saw did a lot of damage. She couldn't fin what was wrong on an x-ray and a blood test so she decided I was anorexic and lying about the nausea. Once that's in your file your pretty screwed and everything in state sponsored care is connected via computers. I keep a binder of just test results now so it delays the new docs find that comment but eventually they do and then they stop trying.

ATM though im feeling pretty happy two hits of Jack Herer seems to be providing a little relief :)

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Oh boy lol if I count back from the beginning im on about my 24th opinion :p. Im stuck on state care for now and no one really gives a crap about you. The nurses are nice bet they have no power, doctors are triple booking to meet minimums which means no one gets good care. Which is why I hope they switch me to medicare as I can have more options and I don't need referrals for every little thing.

The first doctor I saw did a lot of damage. She couldn't fin what was wrong on an x-ray and a blood test so she decided I was anorexic and lying about the nausea. Once that's in your file your pretty screwed and everything in state sponsored care is connected via computers. I keep a binder of just test results now so it delays the new docs find that comment but eventually they do and then they stop trying.

ATM though im feeling pretty happy two hits of Jack Herer seems to be providing a little relief :)
Is there a form of Deformation of character in the healthcare system for those comments? Anyway to get them removed as they are a misrepresentation of your condition?

GenYHippie

What about hot showers? Do you feel better then?

Its kind of hard to tell. They relax me which helps but they also expend a lot of energy I don't typically have which leaves me weak and shaky. The shakiness makes it hard to take care ofmyself which makes thenausea worse but I don't feel like the shower itself does.

Is there a form of Deformation of character in the healthcare system for those comments? Anyway to get them removed as they are a misrepresentation of your condition?

I am hoping to. I have been trying to get an in person appointment with a medical social worker. I have other issues that need dealt with so I can add that in to the discussion. See if I can make any changes to it.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Hopefully you can, some detached doctors assessment without knowing you personally shouldn't follow you to the grave.. I hope you get clarification on the actions you can take regarding this issue so you can move forward.

luckypucky,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom