My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Happy Jack

You forgot to mention that when you buy the terpene sample kit from

http://www.denverterpenes.com

For the added price it includes a lifelong membership with Denver terpenes.

Any member has access to all of cc & ec products at a discounted rate, plus additional support, and will be adding more companies to the network soon.

Mod note: Posts merged
So just to be clear ............. Denver Terpenes is simply a re-seller of CC and EC products correct ?

Happy Jack,

VAPEHUNTER

I always liked the idea of being stealthy:ninja:. So when I began looking into the whole "E-juice thing" I quickly found Puff Magic and gave it a try. Right away I didn't care for the taste. Then after reading this thread a few times over I decided to try the C.C.
My brother and I went halves on a 10 pack sample and because I had 1G of "tangerine O.G. crumble" I decided to go with Tangerine, Orange, and three originals flavors.
So far I have tried a half Gram with half of the Tangerine flavored C.C. and was blown away by the smoothness of it. Although it did seem to go quicker than my first 1/2 Gr. mixed with puff magic.

I also liked how easy it is to mix the C.C. Here is how I went about mixing my 1/2 Gr. with Orange C.C. last night.

My starting products
xGybM8ol.jpg

I don't have a scale that would work for weighing out such small amounts so I just sucked up all the solution than counted the drops (32).
pSXmSpdl.jpg

I then added (16) drops of C.C. to my half Gr. of concentrate.
0MoWHpQl.jpg

I like to just roll it and spin it for about 5 minutes to let it soak in a little.
7TZ1KAjl.jpg

After it begins to mix a little I get some 130° water in a mug and slowly "stir" it around in the water. It usually takes about 20 minutes and a few refills to get it really good and "melted".
MlF8me5l.jpg

Finally after it's almost completely mixed I then bring my water up to 140° to really get it just right.
ctz0DGEl.jpg

I than fill my cart.
dlkyBjql.jpg

HAPPY VAPING!!!

Happy Jack

I always liked the idea of being stealthy:ninja:. So when I began looking into the whole "E-juice thing" I quickly found Puff Magic and gave it a try. Right away I didn't care for the taste. Then after reading this thread a few times over I decided to try the C.C.
My brother and I went halves on a 10 pack sample and because I had 1G of "tangerine O.G. crumble" I decided to go with Tangerine, Orange, and three originals flavors.
So far I have tried a half Gram with half of the Tangerine flavored C.C. and was blown away by the smoothness of it. Although it did seem to go quicker than my first 1/2 Gr. mixed with puff magic.

I also liked how easy it is to mix the C.C. Here is how I went about mixing my 1/2 Gr. with Orange C.C. last night.

My starting products
xGybM8ol.jpg

I don't have a scale that would work for weighing out such small amounts so I just sucked up all the solution than counted the drops (32).
pSXmSpdl.jpg

0MoWHpQl.jpg

I like to just roll it and spin it for about 5 minutes to let it soak in a little.
7TZ1KAjl.jpg

After it begins to mix a little I get some 130° water in a mug and slowly "stir" it around in the water. It usually takes about 20 minutes and a few refills to get it really good and "melted".
MlF8me5l.jpg

Finally after it's almost completely mixed I then bring my water up to 140° to really get it just right.
ctz0DGEl.jpg

I than fill my cart.
dlkyBjql.jpg

HAPPY VAPING!!!
Deleted

Last edited:
Happy Jack,

florduh

My starting products
xGybM8ol.jpg

pSXmSpdl.jpg

0MoWHpQl.jpg

7TZ1KAjl.jpg

MlF8me5l.jpg

ctz0DGEl.jpg

I than fill my cart.
dlkyBjql.jpg

HAPPY VAPING!!!

Thanks for detailing all the steps! Just a heads up though, I used CC in those Bud Nano carts and it worked great for a while, but I had the relatively common CC issue where the terps vape out first leaving behind an oil so thick it became hard to vape. If you run through the cartridge quicker than I did you may not have as much of a problem. Another possibility is using CC and a small amount of a PEG based solution like Vapeur Extract to assist with juice flow. Using VE with CC may be the best overall combo. With VE, I haven't noticed the same PEG taste Puff Majic and EJ Mix are famous for.

@kronus The generic name for that cart is the "Bud Nano". I ordered from elegantaware.com but you can find suppliers on eBay or even DHGate/Chineese suppliers. It is the best disposable I've tried.

VAPEHUNTER

@VAPEHUNTER which cart is that?? nice tutorial ty so much =) gonna order some CC too

I got them off E-bay.
LINK → http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-X-1-0-mil...470985?hash=item25ad6e3589:g:6FIAAOSw9N1VlbzA

Thanks for detailing all the steps! Just a heads up though, I used CC in those Bud Nano carts and it worked great for a while, but I had the relatively common CC issue where the terps vape out first leaving behind an oil so thick it became hard to vape.....

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I haven't had any problems so far. I just finished a cart I have been using for about two weeks and it's remained "vapeable" the entire time.
Right now it is pretty cold here in Vegas so if my pen sits on my desk it will somewhat solidify. So to be safe I make sure to take the advise from @VEGASMMJ and hold the cart in my hand for a minute or two before I use it.

randomtoker

After almost a month of using Holy Terp, I feel like I can talk about subjective, secondary terpene effects.

This is a tricky subject. Everyone differs on their sensitivity and attention to subtle things like secondary effects from terpenes. I intentionally didn't talk about it in my mini-review of the 2 flavors I wrote a while back. It's easy for people to read something, get over hyped, then disappointed if their experience varies. Anyway, after a few weeks of working with them I feel like I have some experience worth sharing.

Background Context
When I ordered, I got 2 specific flavors on purpose. The Philosopher and Couch Lock. If I was just looking for pot flavor, I would have gone with some of their other ones that appear to have more combinations of terpenes in them (Chill, Jack, etc). I wanted to try the two that I got because I suspected Philosopher was mostly pinene and Couch Lock was mostly myrcene. I wanted to see if I could detect specific terpene effects and those are two terpenes that I'm familiar with, and have opposite effects, so I was hoping it would help with my subjective test.

Before getting into vaping concentrates in ejuice, I vaped buds for years (smoked for decades before). I strictly like sativas in the daytime and indicas at night. Sativas don't burn me out during the day and I feel 'upity'. Indicas super relax me in the evening and I go to sleep rested. Sativas at night make me anxious and I have trouble getting to sleep (strong sativas like Durban Poison will go as far as make me feel wired if I consume too much regardless of time of day). Indicas burn me out if I consume them during the day, and generally always give me a strong crash.​

The Philosopher
I'm now certain I'm feeling sativa-like alpha-pinene effects. I eventually started mixing Philosopher 50/50 with Couch Lock because I found Philosopher by itself a little too pine sappy and I've come to really like the combo of these two flavors together. Last night I realized I've had some trouble getting to sleep since New Years. Also, my past 2 tanks were mixed with OG Kush shatter. If there were any significant terpenes left in the concentrate it should be amplifying the Kush couch lock effect. However, while vaping through the evening on the couch I've been noticing the edges of that distinct Durban Poison like wired effect. While it's subtle, I've felt this enough that I'm not going to mix Philosopher in anything that I vape at night anymore (time to get another tank so I can have AM/PM setups).​

Couch Lock
I am also certain that I'm getting that indica burnout crash effect that's the signature of myrcene. This also took some time to become aware of, but I've noticed I've had a lot of sleepy daytime moments (distinct burnout crash). I suspect it wasn't so obvious to me because I've been combining with Philosopher, but it's there and I've been more aware of it during the day (enough to encourage a day nap, or sleepiness while reading, but not enough to help me sleep at night). Again, while it's subtle, I've felt this enough that I'm not going to mix Couch Lock with anything that I vape during the day anymore.​

So, there you have it. True to their subtle form, the terpenes just took some time to recognize. I feel that since I've felt it enough to want to change my habits about which I use when, then it's safe to say that there are subjective, secondary terpene effects to be had from the Holy Terp mixers. Your results may still vary.

** EDIT: to be totally clear, I don't dislike either of them (I'm very happy with both). I'll definitely use each for appropriate daytime and nighttime mixes. I'm very interested in the other 'flavors' now as well which combine additional terpenes, since these things tend to synergize.

Last edited:

VEGASMMJ

Just a heads up though, I used CC in those Bud Nano carts and it worked great for a while, but I had the relatively common CC issue where the terps vape out first leaving behind an oil so thick it became hard to vape.
Whenever this happens leaving me with like a 3rd of a tank of thicker oil I just add a drop or 2 of CC to "freshen" it up a bit. This is actually what CC recommends for filled tanks that have been sitting for over a month and had some evaporate out.

LittleM17

Do you guys think i can use my kanger subtank mini w/ the RBA on my 50w eleaf mod for vaping homemade thc liquid, i plan to use puff magic but im not sure how much to add with .5g of shatter for a good size tank, the subtank is 4.5ml so im trying to make about that much. any help would be great

LittleM17,

florduh

Do you guys think i can use my kanger subtank mini w/ the RBA on my 50w eleaf mod for vaping homemade thc liquid, i plan to use puff magic but im not sure how much to add with .5g of shatter for a good size tank, the subtank is 4.5ml so im trying to make about that much. any help would be great

I use a subOhm tank on an eLeaf mod with some success. Personally I would suggest Vapeur Extracts over Puff Majic. With PM I always got a burnt throat hit, especially using it at ratios like you want. Connoisseur Concentrates Solution is the best tasting option but it won't work with making heavily diluted juice.

I think it's a good idea to use "weaker" juice in a subOhm tank, but be aware if you are only using .5 gram of shatter in 4ml of Puff Majic, and that shatter is 80% THC, you are looking at juice that is around 9% THC. You might be fine though with the increased vapor production in that tank.

randomtoker

Easy way to think about it is 1g = 32 drops so .5g is 16 drops. In small disposable carts, most people seem to mix at around 1:1 ratio, so 16 drops to .5g shatter. Those smaller carts vape small amounts with each hit though so, like @florduh said, you'd want to thin yours down more than that since your gear vapes a lot more volume with each hit.

I've mixed as thin as 4:1 (mix:concentrate) in a subohm tank and I was getting effect with single hits (mild depending on hit size, a few would do it). I probably wouldn't thin it down past 5:1 but it's really personal opinion (that would total ~3ml if you did 5:1).

I'm using a 3.2ml Kanger toptank (nano?) with 0.5 ohm coil. Right now I like doing half gram batches with 48 drops (3:1). Fills my tank just over half way. Doesn't stay in there too long (4-5 days) so I can make fresh batches often. Each hit has a nice kick but it's thinned down enough that I can have a few puffs also and not feel like I'm going through it too fast.

Let us know what you try and how it works for you. EJ might not be your best tasting option for mixing thin.

zor

You guys got me very close to ordering a subohm setup but after still reading about leaking issues I just don't want to go there again. After prolonged use I've foudn the o.pen carts still hold up, my recent batch of shatter + HT (1:3 dilution) has become super dark but still vapes quite well.

Still, I like the mouth feel and hit of a subohm coil....

florduh

You guys got me very close to ordering a subohm setup but after still reading about leaking issues I just don't want to go there again. After prolonged use I've foudn the o.pen carts still hold up, my recent batch of shatter + HT (1:3 dilution) has become super dark but still vapes quite well.

Still, I like the mouth feel and hit of a subohm coil....

For what it's worth, my eLeaf Melo2 has been the most leak free tank I've owned. Not even a little residue at the battery connection. Overall, I enjoy the subohm setup. Once you find the best wattage it provides a great vapor experience.

However, I'm becoming less enchanted with Temperature Control. My issue is it is impossible to get a consistent vape. 420 degrees will be great, but an hour later the temp control will kick in immediately so you need to set it to 500 just to get a little vapor production. I tried it with nicotine juice as well and noticed a similar issue. According to Google, it is possible my eLeaf iSticks aren't the best for TC but I'm not willing to spend much more for a super advanced mod.

I needed more coils anyway so I tried these Vapresso Ceramic Coils at .9 ohms. Allegedly, they are supposed to prevent dry hits, burning, and spitting. As these were the major benefits of TC to me, I was looking forward to trying them out. After one night of testing, I'm pretty impressed. Definitely no spitting, and it was hard to get a burnt hit. The taste was also very clean and clear.

Vaporesso_Ceramic_cCELL_Coil_6__11343.1452139354.1280.1280.jpg

randomtoker

For what it's worth, my eLeaf Melo2 has been the most leak free tank I've owned. Not even a little residue at the battery connection. Overall, I enjoy the subohm setup. Once you find the best wattage it provides a great vapor experience.

However, I'm becoming less enchanted with Temperature Control. My issue is it is impossible to get a consistent vape. 420 degrees will be great, but an hour later the temp control will kick in immediately so you need to set it to 500 just to get a little vapor production. I tried it with nicotine juice as well and noticed a similar issue. According to Google, it is possible my eLeaf iSticks aren't the best for TC but I'm not willing to spend much more for a super advanced mod.

I needed more coils anyway so I tried these Vapresso Ceramic Coils at .9 ohms. Allegedly, they are supposed to prevent dry hits, burning, and spitting. As these were the major benefits of TC to me, I was looking forward to trying them out. After one night of testing, I'm pretty impressed. Definitely no spitting, and it was hard to get a burnt hit. The taste was also very clean and clear.

Vaporesso_Ceramic_cCELL_Coil_6__11343.1452139354.1280.1280.jpg

Looks interesting. I've noticed many vapers are concerned about ceramic (any tiny flecks in your lungs can apparently cause health issues?). I haven't read up on it, but it's something I've noticed people talking about on a Facebook group for brand new vape gear that I lurk. You might want to do some searching. I don't know how much of it is fear vs. actual chance of harm. Interesting observation on temp control also. I'm still just using the basic, voltage locked battery that came with my kit.

@zor after almost a month with the Kanger Subvod kit, I still like it. I haven't encountered enough leaking to detract from the benefits so far. Definitely some liquid around the vent holes on occasion though, but it closes good when rotated. I swab it often with a tissue and keep it upright in pockets. I take mine everywhere (pocketed) and toss it in a bag when I go to the pool (vapes between laps rule). I haven't had to worry ever about a real leak, but taking some care and keeping an eye on it are part of the process (I know what you mean though, zero leak would be ideal). Decent little, plug and play, starter kit for under 40 bucks regardless. There are some newer tank designs emerging offering more leak proof concepts also, fun space to watch.

**EDIT: also, @zor which HT are you using (if you don't mind me asking)? What do you think of the flavor? Do you notice any terp 'effects' at all? Just curious.

Last edited:

florduh

Looks interesting. I've noticed many vapers are concerned about ceramic (any tiny flecks in your lungs can apparently cause health issues?). I haven't read up on it, but it's something I've noticed people talking about on a Facebook group for brand new vape gear that I lurk. You might want to do some searching. I don't know how much of it is fear vs. actual chance of harm. Interesting observation on temp control also. I'm still just using the basic, voltage locked battery that came with my kit.

@zor after almost a month with the Kanger Subvod kit, I still like it. I haven't encountered enough leaking to detract from the benefits so far. Definitely some liquid around the vent holes on occasion though, but it closes good when rotated. I swab it often with a tissue and keep it upright in pockets. I take mine everywhere (pocketed) and toss it in a bag when I go to the pool (vapes between laps rule). I haven't had to worry ever about a real leak, but taking some care and keeping an eye on it are part of the process (I know what you mean though, zero leak would be ideal). Decent little, plug and play, starter kit for under 40 bucks regardless. There are some newer tank designs emerging offering more leak proof concepts also, fun space to watch.

**EDIT: also, @zor which HT are you using (if you don't mind me asking)? What do you think of the flavor? Do you notice any terp 'effects' at all? Just curious.

@randomtoker Yeah I've seen some of the concern about ceramic vaping. At this point it is only speculation. I've seen no actual evidence that it is unsafe. I also have a feeling that there is some fuckery afoot as Vapresso is claiming a competitor is circulating unsubstantiated rumors to damage their brand. They've released copies of their third party lab tests as well. I'm still waiting to see evidence that ceramic is unsafe, but at the end of the day the only 100% safe vaping is not vaping at all. I've got my ear to the ground on this though and if any further info is discovered I will post here.

Yeah I think I like VW/VV better than Temp control. 3.8 volts is 3.8 volts regardless of the device I use, the ambient room temperature etc. It just seems simpler to me. My guess is more expensive mods will handle TC better. Mine were $20-$30.

Still loving the Melo2 though. Still no leaks whatsoever. And it has a nifty "door" on the top, side of the tank for filling so you don't have to take anything apart.

Last edited:

LittleM17

I use a subOhm tank on an eLeaf mod with some success. Personally I would suggest Vapeur Extracts over Puff Majic. With PM I always got a burnt throat hit, especially using it at ratios like you want. Connoisseur Concentrates Solution is the best tasting option but it won't work with making heavily diluted juice.

I think it's a good idea to use "weaker" juice in a subOhm tank, but be aware if you are only using .5 gram of shatter in 4ml of Puff Majic, and that shatter is 80% THC, you are looking at juice that is around 9% THC. You might be fine though with the increased vapor production in that tank.

Do you think i should use my RBA coil because i can always rebuild it with new wick if it gets clogged? also how much vapeur extracts should i be using to .5g shatter? 4ml? because im trying to fill my tank and my tank is 4.5 ml

LittleM17,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Do you think i should use my RBA coil because i can always rebuild it with new wick if it gets clogged? also how much vapeur extracts should i be using to .5g shatter? 4ml? because im trying to fill my tank and my tank is 4.5 ml

I'm not someone who really wants to build my own coils, and I don't have a lot of experience with it, but if you have that ability I think it would be beneficial. In the past I've cheaply purchased pre-wrapped coils from ebay and Fasttech as well so that's another option.

I totally get making extra diluted juice for a sub ohm tank, but I think what you're planning would be too weak. Personally, I would mix a whole gram of concentrate with 3ml of diluent if I want to make "weaker" juice. If you plan on mixing .5g concentrate with 4ml of VE you're looking at a 1:8 dilution which seems too weak. After all, you can always add more VE but you can't take it out after it's mixed.

On my Melo2 I don't fill it to the top. The way the tank's set up you can fill it halfway but it still looks relatively full.

LittleM17

I'm not someone who really wants to build my own coils, and I don't have a lot of experience with it, but if you have that ability I think it would be beneficial. In the past I've cheaply purchased pre-wrapped coils from ebay and Fasttech as well so that's another option.

I totally get making extra diluted juice for a sub ohm tank, but I think what you're planning would be too weak. Personally, I would mix a whole gram of concentrate with 3ml of diluent if I want to make "weaker" juice. If you plan on mixing .5g concentrate with 4ml of VE you're looking at a 1:8 dilution which seems too weak. After all, you can always add more VE but you can't take it out after it's mixed.

On my Melo2 I don't fill it to the top. The way the tank's set up you can fill it halfway but it still looks relatively full.

do you think 2ml will be ok then to .5? if not what do you recommend is the most i should use to .5g shatter because thats all i can afford at the moment

LittleM17,

randomtoker

do you think 2ml will be ok then to .5? if not what do you recommend is the most i should use to .5g shatter because thats all i can afford at the moment

I think I understand where you're coming from. I suggest try this:
  1. Mix 64 drops with your .5g (4:1 ratio).
  2. It won't fill your tank, it will add up to about 2.5ml.
  3. Take a few test tokes and see how it feels, it'll probably take a puff or two to feel it.
  4. If you feel like it's strong enough, and you want to thin it down even more...
    1. then you can add another 16 drops right into your tank (for total of 80 drops, 5:1 ratio, shake it up good).
This won't be very strong juice, but it will last longer than if it was thicker. One toke won't stone you, but you can have as many puffs as you need and it'll be easier to ration because it's thinned down.

Does this help? Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck!

**EDIT: Note to anyone who ever comes across this. This suggestion is specifically for this guy who has a big subohm tank and is trying to make .5g last. These aren't necessarily normal mixing ratio suggestions for everyone.

Last edited:

LittleM17

I think I understand where you're coming from. I suggest try this:
  1. Mix 64 drops with your .5g (4:1 ratio).
  2. It won't fill your tank, it will add up to about 2.5ml.
  3. Take a few test tokes and see how it feels, it'll probably take a puff or two to feel it.
  4. If you feel like it's strong enough, and you want to thin it down even more...
    1. then you can add another 16 drops right into your tank (for total of 80 drops, 5:1 ratio, shake it up good).
This won't be very strong juice, but it will last longer than if it was thicker. One toke won't stone you, but you can have as many puffs as you need and it'll be easier to ration because it's thinned down.

Does this help? Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck!

Thank you sir i will report back im going to order vapeur extract now and as soon as i get it i will get to testing!

LittleM17,
Reactions: Copacetic

LittleM17

sorry for all the question but what watt do you recommend i vape at when using the juice on my occ 0.5 ohm coil?

LittleM17,

randomtoker

Thank you sir i will report back im going to order vapeur extract now and as soon as i get it i will get to testing!
Which VE are you going to order? If you're trying them out, you should check out their Holy Terp line (same people make it). Tastes more like pot. Your vapor will smell like pot though (compared to using normal blueberry or whatever flavors).

sorry for all the question but what watt do you recommend i vape at when using the juice on my occ 0.5 ohm coil?
Not sure, I just have a beginner sub ohm kit. The battery is locked at 3.7 volts. I don't even know what wattage it puts out at. Maybe @florduh or @Baz can help?

randomtoker,
Reactions: Copacetic

LittleM17

Which VE are you going to order? If you're trying them out, you should check out their Holy Terp line (same people make it). Tastes more like pot. Your vapor will smell like pot though (compared to using normal blueberry or whatever flavors).
i ended up just getting the flavorless i got the kit because i needed a syringe

Hey guys, just chiming back in after experimenting with some PEG400. Much cheaper than all of the premaid concentrate solutions. Just mixed at about a 0.5:1 (peg:concentrate) and added my eliquid to flavor. (Ordered my liquid with extra flavoring.) All of this worked well. There's no perfect mix, it will depend on your tolerance and how much you want to puff on your ecig.

Top Bottom