My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

florduh

sorry for all the question but what watt do you recommend i vape at when using the juice on my occ 0.5 ohm coil?

I don't know the exact wattage but if you can change voltage as well the sweet spot is usually 3.6v-4.0v, sometimes a little more or less. I suggest setting it as low as 3.5v and slowly increase until you find the voltage you like best. If you can only change wattage start at 15-16watts and go up from there (note: the is for a .5ohm coil), but that is probably too conservative.

randomtoker

Hey guys, just chiming back in after experimenting with some PEG400. Much cheaper than all of the premaid concentrate solutions. Just mixed at about a 0.5:1 (peg:concentrate) and added my eliquid to flavor. (Ordered my liquid with extra flavoring.) All of this worked well. There's no perfect mix, it will depend on your tolerance and how much you want to puff on your ecig.
Cool! Do you know what pg/vg ratio your eliquid is? Is everything staying mixed for you? Seeing any separation after time?

randomtoker,

Budwiser

PLEASE HELP! I want to make some ejuice using ONLY D-Limonene (becuase it is MUCH more effective than any other ingredients such as glycerin, glycol, etc.) today and wanted to list my steps and have a few questions.

1) Freeze decarbed flower (grinded), everclear, glass jars for 24 hrs.

2) Wash flower in everclear for 2-3 minutes, strain, repeat for 2 additional washes.

3) Freeze liquid for 24 hours, strain again to remove impurities.

4) Pour liquid into pyrex dish and place on heating pad so that everclear evaporates. Before everclear completely evaporates, add 2-3 drops of water so the oil doesn't burn.

5) Place D-Limonene in shot glass and place into a simmering pot to heat up. Add oil and mix for 5 minutes to it combines.

6) Add to cartomizer pen tank and vape away.

So onto my questions: Am I adding in the D-Limonene at the right time? Am I adding too much D-Limonene? What are the health risk of too much D-Limonene and can I overdose on it?

Thank you all.

Budwiser,
Reactions: zebra

OttoMan

PLEASE HELP! I want to make some ejuice using ONLY D-Limonene (becuase it is MUCH more effective than any other ingredients such as glycerin, glycol, etc.) today and wanted to list my steps and have a few questions.

1) Freeze decarbed flower (grinded), everclear, glass jars for 24 hrs.

2) Wash flower in everclear for 2-3 minutes, strain, repeat for 2 additional washes.

3) Freeze liquid for 24 hours, strain again to remove impurities.

4) Pour liquid into pyrex dish and place on heating pad so that everclear evaporates. Before everclear completely evaporates, add 2-3 drops of water so the oil doesn't burn.

5) Place D-Limonene in shot glass and place into a simmering pot to heat up. Add oil and mix for 5 minutes to it combines.

6) Add to cartomizer pen tank and vape away.

So onto my questions: Am I adding in the D-Limonene at the right time? Am I adding too much D-Limonene? What are the health risk of too much D-Limonene and can I overdose on it?

Thank you all.

Whats your ratio of limonene to extract?

OttoMan,
Reactions: zebra

zebra

Vaper
Whats your ratio of limonene to extract?

believe my favorite concentrate pure gold by tetra labs uses 5% limonene to cut their concentrate and that is it. no glycols or anything else, and while it's not quite thin enough to be perfect, it'll work in a standard pen... might be a good place to start?

zebra,
Reactions: OttoMan

Happy Jack

Yes I heard 5% is what Tetra Labs Gold Oil is using. I would think something like 1ml to 1g or 3 drops to a half gram ratio is good enough to put into a pen. Would you guys agree?
1ml of limonene to 1 gram of extract? You might die. Try 1-3 drop of limonene per gram of extract.

Last edited:

Budwiser

1ml of limonene to 1 gram of extract? You might die. Try 1-3 drop of limonene per gram of extract.

I don't think you can die from D-Limonene. It is the safest solvent I know moreso than PG, VG, etc. Did you mean "die" as in not literal, but in a over exaggerated way of saying it will reek of orange and will overwhelm you and cough?

Budwiser,

Happy Jack

I don't think you can die from D-Limonene. It is the safest solvent I know moreso than PG, VG, etc. Did you mean "die" as in not literal, but in a over exaggerated way of saying it will reek of orange and will overwhelm you and cough?
No I actually mean you could get incredibly sick with a 1:1 blend of extract to Limonene. Do your research before you poison yourself. Terpenes are nothing to play around with .............. and you are very, very wrong in your assumption comparing Limonene to PG/VG. I have no idea where you could come up with that statement.

Happy Jack,

randomtoker

This could not be further from the truth. D-Limonene is a solvent. Inhaling too large % quantities is without question harmful to your lungs. Please learn more about this before proceeding with your current assumptions.

-----------

"Health Hazard
SYMPTOMS: Symptoms of exposure to this compound may include irritation and sensitization of the skin. It may also cause eye irritation and damage. Ingestion of large doses may lead to albuminuria and hematuria. This type of compound irritates all tissues intensely and may cause circulatory collapse. Ingestion of this type of compound may cause abdominal burning, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dysuria, hematuria, unconsciousness, shallow respiration, and convulsions. Inhalation of this type of compound may cause dizziness, rapid and shallow breathing, tachycardia, bronchial irritation, unconsciousness and convulsions. Anuria, pulmonary edema and bronchia pneumonia may complicate recovery after either type of exposure.

ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: This compound is a skin irritant and sensitizer. It is also an eye irritant. It may be harmful by ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and toxic fumes of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. (NTP, 1992)"

-----------
http://cameochemicals.noaa.gov/chemical/20568

In stark contrast, medicinal/food grade propolyne glycol, vegetable glycerin, and polyethylene glycol are not proven harmful in quantities/temperatures used for vaping.

**EDIT:

But to answer your original question, you should look at terpene profiles in cannabis strains as a guide. If you believe 5% is what's being used in that prepackaged brand (sounds high for pure limonene to me), then that would be only 1.6 drops in one gram of concentrate.

Anyway, regardless adding too much limonene makes your juice really harsh on your throat. The taste also becomes nasty bitter, like concentrated orange peel. It's very unpleasant.

I don't think you can dissolve concentrate in just pure limonene at any reasonable ratio to create a usable end product. Unless maybe if it was already really runny oil, the limonene needs an additional carrier to help dilute the concentrate.

Last edited:

Budwiser

No I actually mean you could get incredibly sick with a 1:1 blend of extract to Limonene. Do your research before you poison yourself. Terpenes are nothing to play around with .............. and you are very, very wrong in your assumption comparing Limonene to PG/VG. I have no idea where you could come up with that statement.

This could not be further from the truth. D-Limonene is a solvent. Inhaling too large % quantities is without question harmful to your lungs. Please learn more about this before proceeding with your current assumptions.

-----------

"Health Hazard
SYMPTOMS: Symptoms of exposure to this compound may include irritation and sensitization of the skin. It may also cause eye irritation and damage. Ingestion of large doses may lead to albuminuria and hematuria. This type of compound irritates all tissues intensely and may cause circulatory collapse. Ingestion of this type of compound may cause abdominal burning, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dysuria, hematuria, unconsciousness, shallow respiration, and convulsions. Inhalation of this type of compound may cause dizziness, rapid and shallow breathing, tachycardia, bronchial irritation, unconsciousness and convulsions. Anuria, pulmonary edema and bronchia pneumonia may complicate recovery after either type of exposure.

ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: This compound is a skin irritant and sensitizer. It is also an eye irritant. It may be harmful by ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and toxic fumes of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. (NTP, 1992)"

-----------
http://cameochemicals.noaa.gov/chemical/20568

In stark contrast, medicinal/food grade propolyne glycol, vegetable glycerin, and polyethylene glycol are not proven harmful in quantities/temperatures used for vaping.

**EDIT:

But to answer your original question, you should look at terpene profiles in cannabis strains as a guide. If you believe 5% is what's being used in that prepackaged brand (sounds high for pure limonene to me), then that would be only 1.6 drops in one gram of concentrate.

Anyway, regardless adding too much limonene makes your juice really harsh on your throat. The taste also becomes nasty bitter, like concentrated orange peel. It's very unpleasant.

I don't think you can dissolve concentrate in just pure limonene at any reasonable ratio to create a usable end product. Unless maybe if it was already really runny oil, the limonene needs an additional carrier to help dilute the concentrate.

Read this guy's thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/terpenes-limonene.17607/

According to him:

andrewburgessWell-Known Member

i'm posting this to document my experience so far and see if others have experience adding terpenes. there is anecdotal evidence that terpenes enhance the effect of thc.

i'm having good luck adding limonene to CO2 oil. nice flavor, smell and it makes the oil runnier so it works better in the vape pen. too much will force you to take smaller hits because it's a lung irritant like thc. if you add too much just expose to air and it tends to evaporate back out. tilting a clear pen and observing the viscosity of the oil mix is a crude way of seeing how much limonene it still contains. it can be added to a pen already containing oil. squirt it in. you see two layers initially (oil and limonene) but warm and shake a little and all you have is one runnier liquid.
i was happy with three drops in about a half gram of CO2 oil. YMMV.

this was in a bottom coil pen (no visible wicks). i don't know if it would work mixing in a top coil long wick pen. the wicks might grab all the limonene before it mixes.

i've added it to wax too - mixed right in the jar. the wax gets runnier. too much? leave the jar open and in a few hours its almost back to the way it was - maybe a faint lemon smell.

you can also just put a few drops on your hands, rub and put them over your mouth and nose and hit it that way. don't exhale into your hands or you blow the vapors into your eyes. for me it was a pleasant smell and there was no irritation.

since terpenes are in just about any food that has a smell, we already get varying amounts. maybe if you eat a high terpene diet already you are already seeing the effects (if they exist) - it just seems normal to you.

you can get gel caps of limonene at a health food store. i got 60 softgels 1000mg by jarrow formulas ($10? i don't remember). the label says it comes from steam distillation of orange peels. poke a toothpick in the end and squeeze.

be careful, it is FLAMMABLE. i added a few drops to a preroll and lit it right away. don't do that. the whole joint flames up briefly. let it soak in a bit and evaporate from the paper first.

i've ordered myrcene and will try that next week.

best wishes everyone

Budwiser,

Budwiser

Did I say 1:1 ratio for Limonene? I meant 6 drops for a gram because I did say 3 drops for half a gram. I don't know how that 1:1 ratio got in there. And if it is still too sticky I'll just add a "bit" (few drops) of ethanol such as 190 proof everclear.

Other than that as far as which terpene is the best for boosting thc effect it is clearly D-Limonene. Would you all agree?

Last edited:

OttoMan

Did I say 1:1 ratio for Limonene? I meant 6 drops for a gram because I did say 3 drops for half a gram. I don't know how that 1:1 ratio got in there. And if it is still too sticky I'll just add a "bit" (few drops) of ethanol such as 190 proof everclear.

Other than that as far as which terpene is the best for boosting thc effect it is clearly D-Limonene. Would you all agree?

Naa bro sorry but I think you need to continue your research a little further, your contemplating replacing pg/vg with a mix of 100% organic solvents, and then vaping the mix lol...id advise against. I support the idea of using terpenes to enhance the taste and effects of e-liquids but what your suggesting is a crude attempt at the CC mix, a product people are already showing concerns towards with regards to safety.

Terpenes are exciting stuff but don't underestimate them. Think about the ratios of these actually contained in the plant - if they can cause such a volatile reaction that you stink up your bedroom stashing your 20 sack of cheese under your mattress then think about the potency of your isolated 90%+ D-Limonene. Strong stuff.

Also, Myrcene reportedly has a stronger effect than D-Limonene on the permeability of cell membranes, so would be a strong contender for "best"
effect on the permeability of cell membranes,

florduh

I'm not sure what you mean by the "best" terpene for boosting THC? All terpenes have secondary effects that modify the cannabis experience. There is no one best terpene. Here are two basic articles covering terpene effects:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/terpenes-the-flavors-of-cannabis-aromatherapy

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabis-terpe

Here's a scientific paper from The British Pharmacological Society that discusses terpene effects in more detail. Interestingly, it discusses limonene as reducing the more "negative" effects of THC

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165946/

As far as using D-Limonene as your sole diluent, I have no experience with that. My guess is it will somewhat work if your concentrate is more liquid to begin with; shatter or even wax wouldn't work. But I'm not sure why Limonene is inherently more desirable than PG or PEG to begin with. Limonene is used to strip paint and oil from machine parts. PG and PEG have a long history of medical use. Hell, PEG is used in moisturizing eye drops. Limonene in the eye would be bad news. "Natural" doesn't automatically mean safe.

tepictoton

Tried the d-limonene route. Just 3drops for one gram would keep it liquid enough to use in a dual bottom coil set up of the old days, with a vision spiner battery at max 4volt, pulsing the throttle as I got along.

Worked great till summer came around and I was surprised time upon time by totally wasted pockets and almost empty cartomizers.

For me it tasted to strong of orange , even at that ratio, but I did prefer it over PG or VG based Liquids... Just my two cents, and yeah be careful with mixing pure anything into anything, make sure you do your homework first!!!

randomtoker

That makes way more sense. The 1:1 is what got everyone all "dude, don't vape that!", lol.

Ya, the post you quoted makes sense. Like I said, maybe oil would work and could loosen with that little ratio of limonene. Wax or shatter with some additional heat, but will be prone to solidify again and seize your cart depending on temp. It will also likely vape quicker than the concentrate and you'd need to re-add extra later.

If you try it, you'd probably want to do it in the bud carts that people are using for mixing minimally with CC's Solution (I've seen reports of mixing CC as low as 0.3:1 in those carts). *Edit: I think it's this style of carts that people have mixed super minimal with CC in successfully, so it might work best for your plan.

Let us know how it goes. Read back through this thread, we've talked a lot about different terpenes already and where to source them for this purpose. Limonene is actually one of the less "effect" producing terpenes present in cannabis.

Regardless though, I think you're doing a "square peg / round hole" thing here (trying to not dilute and only use terpenes for your minimal diluent). If you want to vape the purest concentrate, just put it in a concentrate pen (oil cart). Why bother trying to make it work in juice vaping equipment at that point if you don't dilute it at all? This gear is all designed for liquids.

***EDIT: also, the limonene gell caps that the guy mentions using in the post you quoted would not be 100% limonene. There would be a diluent that it's mixed in as a carrier/buffer for taking orally (also most holistic type food supplements like this have no regulation so just because they're on the shelf doesn't necessarily prove them benign).

Last edited:
Cool! Do you know what pg/vg ratio your eliquid is? Is everything staying mixed for you? Seeing any separation after time?

http://imgur.com/AFDoxAA
This is my liquid in my protank mini 3.
http://imgur.com/gcpfoqS
Here it is in a 30ml bottle.

Didn't want to reply until I had messed with it all for a bit. I'm not sure of my ratios anymore, but I also think ratios could be variable to change depending on strain/type(shatter,wax,oil,etc) of concentrate. This batch was a little thick at first and I could see the little specks of oil floating in my tank. Just added a little more peg400 and ejuice and it thinned right out. So far, this hasn't shown the separation that it did earlier. Sometimes the liquid looks a little darker on the top but the specks of oil aren't visible anymore. It just seems to be something you'll figure out after messing with it. I personally tried to make it as strong as possible to where it still tasted good and this is the result. At first I didn't think it was medicating me, but after a day off (kinda) from vaping I'm feeling it more today. I originally started looking into this for an international trip I'm taking and it's looking like a winner. I'm sure after messing with it more I'll figure new things out.

Edit: Meant to add that my starting concentrate for this batch was supposed to be a shatter but it turned out sticky to the touch at room temperature. I'm curious to see how some of my shatter will work with it. Hoping more people post results as well!

Edit 2: @randomtoker, it was a 20%PG/80%VG blend.

Last edited:

randomtoker

http://imgur.com/AFDoxAA
This is my liquid in my protank mini 3.
http://imgur.com/gcpfoqS
Here it is in a 30ml bottle.

Didn't want to reply until I had messed with it all for a bit. I'm not sure of my ratios anymore, but I also think ratios could be variable to change depending on strain/type(shatter,wax,oil,etc) of concentrate. This batch was a little thick at first and I could see the little specks of oil floating in my tank. Just added a little more peg400 and ejuice and it thinned right out. So far, this hasn't shown the separation that it did earlier. Sometimes the liquid looks a little darker on the top but the specks of oil aren't visible anymore. It just seems to be something you'll figure out after messing with it. I personally tried to make it as strong as possible to where it still tasted good and this is the result. At first I didn't think it was medicating me, but after a day off (kinda) from vaping I'm feeling it more today. I originally started looking into this for an international trip I'm taking and it's looking like a winner. I'm sure after messing with it more I'll figure new things out.

Edit: Meant to add that my starting concentrate for this batch was supposed to be a shatter but it turned out sticky to the touch at room temperature. I'm curious to see how some of my shatter will work with it. Hoping more people post results as well!

Edit 2: @randomtoker, it was a 20%PG/80%VG blend.

Cool, thanks for letting us know how it's working out, and thanks for the pics! Ya, that looks like when I tried a similar experiment (mixing CO2 oil with zero nic 50/50 PG/VG, no PEG though). You can see it's an emulsion (like when you shake a salad dressing bottle). The oil has shrunk down to tiny droplets evenly distributed through the juice, but not fully dissolved. You might get even better mixing if you try a juice with lower VG ratio). I agree this is workable though. I just shook it often, and sometimes ran the tank under hot water. Also, it heats up while you're vaping so if you shake a lot between hits it helps keep it mixed.

So I had posted an experiment last week. I pre-mixed my next tank before finishing my current one to let the flavors steep a while to see if it would help with flavor retention. I think it did. I mostly finished that tank and I found the flavor to hold better through to the end. My flavorings came in so I've done the same thing again (dumped the contents of my good tank into my old, overflow tank, cleaned and refilled my good tank, and I'll let it sit while I finish the overflow tank).

The new mix is ~3:1 (mix:concentrate for my fast flow, sub ohm setup):
  • 1/2g of LA Confidential (labeled shatter, but it's more pull/snap)
  • 28 drops Holy Terp (Philosopher for daytime pinene terpenes)
  • 12 drops EV flavorless (I find Philosopher pretty strong flavored, so this mellows it out)
  • 4 drops Pineapple (FA)
  • 4 drops Green Tea (FA)
  • 4 drops Lemon Sicily (FA)
So this is close to 6% ratio on each individual flavor for a total of 18% flavoring. This is on the high side, but I wanted to go a little overboard for my first real flavoring test. I think closer to 10% may be plenty, but different flavorings have different intensities so it will all vary. I'll report back when I start vaping this tank, it smells awesomely like Pineapple Express! (which is what I was going for)

pixlr_20160115212100534.jpg

@joeblowssmoke, you can see my juice comes out more translucent than the juice in your pics? I think that's because the concentrate is fully dissolving instead of just emulsifying (what I was trying to explain before).

Happy Jack

Yes I heard 5% is what Tetra Labs Gold Oil is using. I would think something like 1ml to 1g or 3 drops to a half gram ratio is good enough to put into a pen. Would you guys agree?
Your statement above noting your desire to mix 1ml to 1 gram which is basically a 1:1 ratio is what I was referring to.. hence the alarm bells went off.

Happy Jack,

randomtoker

(mind ramble here)

Even 3 drops of limonene to a half gram of concentrate is overdoing it compared to what's actually in cannabis. That would be closer to 15% than 5%, and 5% isn't even plant accurate. We've thrown out a relatively arbitrary figure of 5% addback for terpenes previously in discussions in this thread when talking about re-introducing terpenes to a mix, but that was just a generalized figure (starting point). If you look at strain data, and this is looking at all terpenes combined instead of looking at just one terpene, they usually only combine to constitute around 3%. So we're talking even smaller numbers for individual terpenes. Even high limonene strains like Lemon Haze or Durban, have only around 1% limonene. Also, if you look at Extract Consultants terpene sampler kit page, it lists some recipes and the final suggested add back on all of them is 3% or under. I assume the Holy Terp products follow similar recipes and use these ingredients and ratios to add back to their "proprietary blend" base.

So, regardless if adding excessive limonene (compared to naturally occurring ratios, plus alcohol) instead of pg/vg/peg "works", using only one terpene at a much higher % than all combined terpenes usually occur in cannabis is no more "natural" than using pg/vg/peg. It's an attractive pursuit to try to use terpenes to dissolve concentrates for pens instead of any pg/vg/peg, but terpenes are ultimately caustic so it will not be less irritating, less harmful, or more natural at all once you use enough to liquefy the concentrate. These compounds (pg/vg/peg) exist for applications like this, to be used as carriers, they are not worse for you than terpene solvents for this purpose. All of the premixed carts (as well as CC) have some sort of filler that isn't being labeled, it can't be just terpenes, they don't fill that volume.

That's where my head is at with all this. I don't claim to be an expert and apologize if I sound like I'm arguing. I'm not. I've been through this exact same loop in my head since I started checking this stuff out. :lol:

Last edited:

florduh

(mind ramble here)

Even 3 drops of limonene to a half gram of concentrate is overdoing it compared to what's actually in cannabis. That would be closer to 15% than 5%, and 5% isn't even plant accurate. We've thrown out a relatively arbitrary figure of 5% addback for terpenes previously in discussions in this thread when talking about re-introducing terpenes to a mix, but that was just a generalized figure (starting point). If you look at strain data, and this is looking at all terpenes combined instead of looking at just one terpene, they usually only combine to constitute around 3%. So we're talking even smaller numbers for individual terpenes. Even high limonene strains like Lemon Haze or Durban, have only around 1% limonene. Also, if you look at Extract Consultants terpene sampler kit page, it lists some recipes and the final suggested add back on all of them is 3% or under. I assume the Holy Terp products follow similar recipes and use these ingredients and ratios to add back to their "proprietary blend" base.

So, regardless if adding excessive limonene (compared to naturally occurring ratios, plus alcohol) instead of pg/vg/peg "works", using only one terpene at a much higher % than all combined terpenes usually occur in cannabis is no more "natural" than using pg/vg/peg. It's an attractive pursuit to try to use terpenes to dissolve concentrates for pens instead of any pg/vg/peg, but terpenes are ultimately caustic so it will not be less irritating, less harmful, or more natural at all once you use enough to liquefy the concentrate. These compounds (pg/vg/peg) exist for applications like this, to be used as carriers, they are not worse for you than terpene solvents for this purpose. All of the premixed carts (as well as CC) have some sort of filler that isn't being labeled, it can't be just terpenes, they don't fill that volume.

That's where my head is at with all this. I don't claim to be an expert and apologize if I sound like I'm arguing. I'm not. I've been through this exact same loop in my head since I started checking this stuff out. :lol:

The reason CC was attractive to me is the improved taste/lack of throat burn v.s. PEG. I tend to think PEG and PG are the best options for creating a stable mix at this point though.

I've posted this SkukPharm article before but one day I'd like to try their method for using VG to make juice. All my nic juice is VG based and I overall enjoy the feel of it better than PG. The issue is cannabinoids just don't want to stick to VG. The problem with the SkunkPharm process is it requires an industrial homogenizer which runs around $700. Makes sense if you are producing juice commerically but probably not if it is only for personal use.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/game-changer-emulsifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice/

randomtoker

I agree, I'd prefer to mix with VG for qualitative purposes. It tastes nice, that sweet, thick, smoothness is awesome. The highest vg juice I've vaped was 50/50 pg/vg, and it was significant. Full vg must be wild.

It's sad how much alarmist misinformation is out there about pg and peg though.

That skunkpharm link with the homogenizer is interesting. I wonder if you could just rig up a mini blender with a Dremel tool or something like that? This gets me thinking.

Also, most of the comments after the article are useless, but this guy shares a potentially interesting idea. Does it appear sound to anyone with more chemistry knowledge than me?
---------------------
Alexey on November 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM
Tween 80 (Polysorbate 80, HLB=15) stabilizes oil-in-glycerin emulsions. You need a high HLB surfactant to do this, that’s why lecithin does not work (HLB=4). Has anyone tried to do this with BHO in glycerin?
---------------------

randomtoker,
Reactions: NorVape

Happy Jack

The reason CC was attractive to me is the improved taste/lack of throat burn v.s. PEG. I tend to think PEG and PG are the best options for creating a stable mix at this point though.

I've posted this SkukPharm article before but one day I'd like to try their method for using VG to make juice. All my nic juice is VG based and I overall enjoy the feel of it better than PG. The issue is cannabinoids just don't want to stick to VG. The problem with the SkunkPharm process is it requires an industrial homogenizer which runs around $700. Makes sense if you are producing juice commerically but probably not if it is only for personal use.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/game-changer-emulsifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice/
And even with that $700 homogenizer ..... the mixture still separates after a short period of time

(mind ramble here)

Excellent summation ..............and 100% correct IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

florduh

I agree, I'd prefer to mix with VG for qualitative purposes. It tastes nice, that sweet, thick, smoothness is awesome. The highest vg juice I've vaped was 50/50 pg/vg, and it was significant. Full vg must be wild.

It's sad how much alarmist misinformation is out there about pg and peg though.

That skunkpharm link with the homogenizer is interesting. I wonder if you could just rig up a mini blender with a Dremel tool or something like that? This gets me thinking.

Also, most of the comments after the article are useless, but this guy shares a potentially interesting idea. Does it appear sound to anyone with more chemistry knowledge than me?
---------------------
Alexey on November 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM
Tween 80 (Polysorbate 80, HLB=15) stabilizes oil-in-glycerin emulsions. You need a high HLB surfactant to do this, that’s why lecithin does not work (HLB=4). Has anyone tried to do this with BHO in glycerin?
---------------------

VG is great. The only advantage to PG is flavors tend to "pop" more but it will always give a harsher throat hit. I thought about the dremel option as well. Their homogenizer gets to 30,000 rpm. There's a dremels on amazon for about $100 that can get to that speed.

I agree there was a lot of ignorance on the comment thread (and lots of PG/PEG fear-mongering). Unfortunately I don't have the chemistry knowledge to answer your question though.

And even with that $700 homogenizer ..... the mixture still separates after a short period of time

I dunno they claim it stayed homogenized for 90 days... That would be sufficient for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom