My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

randomtoker

I've been researching Extract Consultants as well and I also think they will get my business. I need to get a better handle on why they are suggesting an add rate of their product of only 1%-4% where CC recommends 30%-60% add rate for theirs. Both are Terpene additives of course. The thing about Terpenes is they are present in cannabis extractions in very, very small levels to begin with.. maybe 1%-5%. Further processes of course serve to remove them almost entirely so adding some back in to replace what is lost has its merits. However ....... at the levels CC is suggesting seems like way more than that .. unless of course they too are only 1%-5% Terpenes and the other 95% is a mystery.
As others have answered, yes what EC sells (and Denver Terpenes sells as well, their non 'serum' stuff) is concentrated terpenes to be added to a diluent, not as a mixer on their own (that's why they specify such small add rates, it's the add rate to the mixer diluent, not the add rate to your concentrate). IE: it's not meant to be mixed directly with your concentrate, it's meant to be mixed with some form of ejuice to make a mixer, then mix that with your concentrate. I had emailed them a while ago to verify and they explained that to me. CC's "Solution" and DT's "Serum" have terpenes plus something else (not been revealed yet) as a diluent so they're already a mixer. EC's terpenes and DT's terpenes are just concentrated terpenes (DT's are twice the price of EC's, and DT's "serum" is way more expensive than CC's "solution").

Sorry, if I confused anyone by bringing EC into the picture. I was talking about it with regard to buying terpenes and glycerin/glycol separately to create DIY mixers.

holy terp are on the right track I suppose but they got a long way to go on the taste
Which one(s) have you tried? I'd like to get more reviews to help with my next purchase. I seem to remember a couple people ordering the Jack flavor but I haven't heard how it tasted? I've tried Philosopher and Couch Lock. Couch Lock has quite a decent dank bud taste. Philosopher isn't bad, but it tastes a bit too strong of pine sap and needs something added to help. The two mixed together are really nice. I would definitely buy Couch Lock again, and I'll keep using Philosopher as a flavor additive. I'd like to try Jack, and I'd particularly like to try Chill. Chill's description lists "woody, spicy, and citrus aroma" so I'd guess maybe it has nerolidol, caryophyllene, and limonene? I think that would make a well rounded flavor mimicking dominant cannabis terpene aromas.

Given this, after I run out of CC I will likely need to go back to using a PEG based solution to make a weaker juice (CC really isn't made for that... even if the cost per gram was less the terp flavor would be too powerful). I'm wondering if anyone has tried the original Vapeur Extract flavored line who can compare it to Puff Majic in terms of the platicky PEG aftertaste? I can't really see me using Holy Terp right now because I have a bunch of Pan's Ink laying around. I also suspect the Holy Terp line is just the VE Flavorless with terps added for flavor/effect and PEG is still the major liquefying component.
The HT line definitely seems like VE flavorless + terpenes (which is fine for me). I've gone through almost a whole bottle of VE flavorless. I haven't tried EJ or Puff so I can't compare directly, but it has seemed tolerable to me without too much PEG flavor. I found my mixes much more flavorful when I used fresh pressed rosin instead of store bought cheap concentrate. I also add extra flavor to mine (lemon, orange, almond, vanilla, that kind of stuff to just accent a little). I suspect VE flavorless + Pan's Ink would be a good combo.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
As others have answered, yes what EC sells (and Denver Terpenes sells as well, their non 'serum' stuff) is concentrated terpenes to be added to a diluent, not as a mixer on their own (that's why they specify such small add rates, it's the add rate to the mixer diluent, not the add rate to your concentrate). IE: it's not meant to be mixed directly with your concentrate, it's meant to be mixed with some form of ejuice to make a mixer, then mix that with your concentrate. I had emailed them a while ago to verify and they explained that to me. CC's "Solution" and DT's "Serum" have terpenes plus something else (not been revealed yet) as a diluent so they're already a mixer. EC's terpenes and DT's terpenes are just concentrated terpenes (DT's are twice the price of EC's, and DT's "serum" is way more expensive than CC's "solution").

Sorry, if I confused anyone by bringing EC into the picture. I was talking about it with regard to buying terpenes and glycerin/glycol separately to create DIY mixers.

The HT line definitely seems like VE flavorless + terpenes (which is fine for me). I've gone through almost a whole bottle of VE flavorless. I haven't tried EJ or Puff so I can't compare directly, but it has seemed tolerable to me without too much PEG flavor. I found my mixes much more flavorful when I used fresh pressed rosin instead of store bought cheap concentrate.
I also add extra flavor to mine (lemon, orange, almond, vanilla, that kind of stuff to just accent a little). I suspect VE flavorless + Pan's Ink would be a good combo.

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to ask a couple of things:

How do you go about adding these flavours to VE?

and

Is there a safe (ish) amount of limonene-d that I can add to Vapeur Extract ?

I'd like something that tastes and smells a little more citrus-y for stealth (and taste) reasons.
VE seems to taste fine to me, even when I've used a lot (4 VE to 1 concentrate), but I'd quite like a touch of citrus.
I might try Pan's Ink too.

randomtoker

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to ask a couple of things:

How do you go about adding these flavours to VE?

and

Is there a safe (ish) amount of limonene-d that I can add to Vapeur Extract ?

I'd like something that tastes and smells a little more citrus-y for stealth (and taste) reasons.
VE seems to taste fine to me, even when I've used a lot (4 VE to 1 concentrate), but I'd quite like a touch of citrus.
I might try Pan's Ink too.
I started flavoring with what is in my cupboard (organic lemon, orange, almond, and vanilla). None of them are special flavor meant for vapes or anything. All are 100% natural organic flavoring, some have oil, all have a little alcohol. I was hesitant at first because of the alcohol content but I've never had a problem and I've used 5 different tank/atomizers so far. Early on, I was adding the flavor to my shotglass while melting the concentrate so any extra alcohol might burn off, I don't even bother anymore. I just mix it all together on low heat pretty quickly, take it off the heat and mix vigorously until the concentrate blends.

Now, I've started ordering real DIY flavorings (this is what everyone uses for e-cig DIY) from GremlinDIY. You can find recipes all over the place online where people share their cool flavor mixes and specify exact flavors and the manufacturer of the flavor.

Here's an example of ratios I've used (I usually mix between 2:1 and 3:1 VE to concentrate):
1/2g concentrate, 32 drops VE or HT, 5-10 drops of flavor.

I suspect you could treat limonene in the ratios similarly to how I treat concentrated food flavorings, perhaps start with half of what I use (you can always easily add more, but you can't take it away).

I made an awesome mix yesterday (enjoying it so much today, so much flavor):
- 1/2g of fresh pressed rosin
- 16 drops HT Philosopher
- 16 drops HT Couch Lock
- 5 drops lemon, 5 drops orange, 5 drops cherry

Tastes like Pineapple Haze! :brow:

**EDIT:

Note 1: these "recipes" are all using cupboard flavor extracts, not the DIY drops. If using pure flavors like the ones sold on GremlinDIY, you'd use about half the flavoring that I listed since those are more concentrated flavors (in most nic juice recipes flavor is about 15% of the total volume, mine with cupboard flavors is about 25%). Hope that makes sense.

Note 2: Thinking about it more, I would guess a good starting point for limonene would be around 5% of your total volume. Then add up from there, but I would suspect the taste would be noticeable around 5%. Let us know! And if anyone has done it and remembers how much they used, please speak up, I'm theorizing here (I actually have some limonene, I should just try next batch).

Note 3: Something I notice on nic juice recipes is 'steep time'. It seems when adding flavor, it's best to let it steep 1-3 days. I'm usually very impatient and eager to get high. I may start pre-mixing before my tank finishes so it's steeped and ready when I switch.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Thanks for the detailed reply Random :), much appreciated.

When I get what I need I think I'll try 1/2g with about 45drops VE, and 5 drops Limonene-D
(might start with just 2 drops Limonene, as I imagine it's pretty potent)

I'll report back when it eventually happens in case it's of use to someone, but it'll be a while :cuss:

BTW, can anyone advise on which would be better RDA wick material out of the following:
Stainless mesh rolled up
Quartz rod
Ceramic wick (fc 2000)

I plan to get some pre rolled clapton kanthal wick from Fast-Tech to make coil building extra easy.
My juice will likely be pretty thin judging by the last lot.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Isn't vaping food flavourings in general not such a good idea?

There's a reason for the DIY spesific flavours and such, or am I being 'noid here?

NorVape,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
@sativasam
All good man, I am glad to help, especially because I know that most of that bleeding edge cannabis knowledge has largely not yet hit British shores, lol most Brits I meet still call everything skunk there! lol

You really need some kind of solvent to dissolve the CBD, something that stays in a liquid phase at atmospheric temp/pressure. I know that ethanol, PEG-400 and various terpenes like d-limonene for example are used as solvents in this sense. Remember, the concentrations of d-limonene necessary for this are much more than you'd ever find naturally from a cannabis extract, and I advise against consuming large amounts of d-limonene as I advise against the use of any other solvent. Boiling and inhaling solvents is not wise at all. You are introducing more asphyxiants into your airways at the very least, along with carcinogens and other nasties depending on the solvent.

You can vape CBD crystals in a flower vape too man, try a Mighty with concentrate pad or a vapman (oh man you'll enjoy that). Also remember you can put a good chunk of CBD on top of a small bowl of buds, to take the edge off.

You can also do small dabs more frequently or use a concentrate pen (not ecig ;) ).
How much d-limonene does a typical cannabis extract have? Do you think it's an overboard amount of terps if I added a drop or two to the crystals and mash them up so as to create a paste style 'wax' that actually has some flavour?

sativasam,

herbivore21

To be on the safe side guys, I'd be only using cannabis derived terps in proportions similar to what will be found in high quality full melts/rosins (from approx 10-15% total cumulative terp content in your dab).

@sativasam have a look at www.sclabs.com at some of the test results of high quality solventless extracts from lemon tasting strains for an idea on the upper limits of d-limonene found in cannabis extracts.

It is definitely best for now if you are mixing/matching terps to ensure that you do not exceed the maximum amount of a given terp that would be found in a high quality high terp retaining cannabis extract. This doesn't guarantee safety, but it is going to at least make sure we don't go down any new rabbit holes due to inhalation of more terps than you'd ever get out of even the terpiest no-terps-added extract.

Happy Jack

To be on the safe side guys, I'd be only using cannabis derived terps in proportions similar to what will be found in high quality full melts/rosins (from approx 10-15% total cumulative terp content in your dab).

@sativasam have a look at www.sclabs.com at some of the test results of high quality solventless extracts from lemon tasting strains for an idea on the upper limits of d-limonene found in cannabis extracts.

It is definitely best for now if you are mixing/matching terps to ensure that you do not exceed the maximum amount of a given terp that would be found in a high quality high terp retaining cannabis extract. This doesn't guarantee safety, but it is going to at least make sure we don't go down any new rabbit holes due to inhalation of more terps than you'd ever get out of even the terpiest no-terps-added extract.
I think most extracts won't exceed 4% in total Terpenes correct?

herbivore21

I think most extracts won't exceed 4% in total Terpenes correct?
For sure on solvent based ones, we cook out a lot of the more volatile terps in the purge. The highest terps I've seen retained in solvent based extracts tested by SC are ~8% or so.

Still, I am going by terp levels in those solventless extracts that do not lose so much of the original terps as a benchmark. You could definitely use less though :)

VEGASMMJ

Yeah I popped in a Titanium .5 ohm coil and will try that for a while. Part of the issue is my eLeaf 40w isn't really powerful/good enough to power the .15 ohm Nickel coils in Temp Control mode.

I took the plunge and got the iStick 60wTC/Melo2 combo. I really like the tank. No leaks and super easy to fill. I also wanted a second battery because every time I'd remove the Melo-THC tank to vape my nicotine, I'd need to mess around with the Temp Control settings when re-attaching the Melo. While I don't think the temperatures are super accurate, I do like TC because it prevents burnt/Dry hits. That, plus the extra large atty holes and airflow is what I believe makes this an amazing THC Juice vaping experience.

At this point, I can't see myself going back to any disposable or even the K1, unless I run into a situation where I need extra stealth/portability. Although, from a stealth perspective a box-mod and subOhm tank might be MORE discreet. It looks like I'm just the average nicotine vaper with dark-ish juice. While those disposable pen type setups are almost exclusively used by cannabis vapers.

Given this, after I run out of CC I will likely need to go back to using a PEG based solution to make a weaker juice (CC really isn't made for that... even if the cost per gram was less the terp flavor would be too powerful). I'm wondering if anyone has tried the original Vapeur Extract flavored line who can compare it to Puff Majic in terms of the platicky PEG aftertaste? I can't really see me using Holy Terp right now because I have a bunch of Pan's Ink laying around. I also suspect the Holy Terp line is just the VE Flavorless with terps added for flavor/effect and PEG is still the major liquefying component.

Just curious @florduh have u tried taking a super potent CC dab out of that sub ohm unit yet? Obv would be pretty wasteful but I bet it would be WOW.

VEGASMMJ,

randomtoker

Isn't vaping food flavourings in general not such a good idea?

There's a reason for the DIY spesific flavours and such, or am I being 'noid here?
My food flavorings are organic food extracts. They contain nothing but organic alcohol and cold pressed organic orange, lemon, etc oil (they're essentially limonene+).

randomtoker,
Reactions: NorVape

florduh

Just curious @florduh have u tried taking a super potent CC dab out of that sub ohm unit yet? Obv would be pretty wasteful but I bet it would be WOW.

I haven't yet. I've been vaping an old batch of Puff Majic juice that is actually tolerable with the sub ohm setup. The tank has a huge capacity so I've only put a small dent in it. My new Melo/iStick combo should arrive later this week and I will throw some CC juice in it. I'm sure one hit will knock me flat on my ass.

Interestingly, while this is a sub Ohm setup, it isn't as wasteful on juice as you'd think due to Temp control. Juice conservation is supposedly one of the benefits of TC.

randomtoker

I intentionally started with the simplest, cheapest, disposable gear because I'm prone to gadget acquisition sickness. I've been pretty good I think, researching a lot, staying on the low end on purpose. But I'm seeing the advantage of those bigger batteries with TC functionality now that I'm using a sub Ohm setup. Look forward to hearing your experience with the bigger iStick @florduh . I'm going through juice (and battery) fairly fast with this 0.5 Ohm Subvod kit with no temp control on the battery (locked at 3.7v). It may be time for me to consider a TC mod.

On a side note, something that has become apparent to me from using bigger tanks is that the flavor dissipates over time. I'd noticed this with smaller tanks but it was less pronounced. I'm pretty sure a couple people mentioned it here before also. It's likely the terpenes (in the concentrate, and any added to mixes) have a lower evap/boil point than the substrate they're in so their concentration in the juice diminishes over time? While it was just sort of noticeable with smaller tanks, I'm certain it's not my imagination now that I'm using bigger tanks. I've been topping up with a couple orange and lemon drops about half way through the tank to refresh it. I also clean my atomizer head between tank fillings (soak in ISO or Acetone), this makes every new tank taste super fresh, but ya the flavor seems to fade.

gladthaturaglide

I intentionally started with the simplest, cheapest, disposable gear because I'm prone to gadget acquisition sickness. I've been pretty good I think, researching a lot, staying on the low end on purpose. But I'm seeing the advantage of those bigger batteries with TC functionality now that I'm using a sub Ohm setup. Look forward to hearing your experience with the bigger iStick @florduh . I'm going through juice (and battery) fairly fast with this 0.5 Ohm Subvod kit with no temp control on the battery (locked at 3.7v). It may be time for me to consider a TC mod.

On a side note, something that has become apparent to me from using bigger tanks is that the flavor dissipates over time. I'd noticed this with smaller tanks but it was less pronounced. I'm pretty sure a couple people mentioned it here before also. It's likely the terpenes (in the concentrate, and any added to mixes) have a lower evap/boil point than the substrate they're in so their concentration in the juice diminishes over time? While it was just sort of noticeable with smaller tanks, I'm certain it's not my imagination now that I'm using bigger tanks. I've been topping up with a couple orange and lemon drops about half way through the tank to refresh it. I also clean my atomizer head between tank fillings (soak in ISO or Acetone), this makes every new tank taste super fresh, but ya the flavor seems to fade.

I 100% agree that the solvent is vaping out quicker than the concentrate. (With cc atleast) At the end of a tank there is like a brown/black sludge that is almost impossible to wick and tastes much more along the lines of the original concentrate I put in there than it does whatever cc flavor I used. When I first mix cc and concentrate the first hit always tastes so much like the cc and gradually slowly begins to taste more like the concentrate. At first I thought that maybe the mixture needed to sit so the flavors can mix better but after repeated testing, that's not the case. IMO, it's just that the ratio of cc to concentrate is constantly lowering itself due to the lower Evap temp of the cc and leaving behind residual concentrate in a broken down state.

OttoMan

Nothing that I am discussing on FC and nothing any of you should try at home lol.

Not looking for a protocol bro just a quick overview of the basic's...ive never seen or heard of anyone isolating individual cannabinoids to 99.9% purity without the use of any solvents, would be great if you could enlighten us. I cant find the link you mentioned to the product so would be awesome to check that out also.

Chill's description lists "woody, spicy, and citrus aroma" so I'd guess maybe it has nerolidol, caryophyllene, and limonene? I think that would make a well rounded flavor mimicking dominant cannabis terpene aromas

I've not tried the Chill ether bro but I tried the peacemaker and im pretty certain it was a mix of linalool and limonene so I wouldn't be surprised if the Chill was caryophyllene and limonene so I'd have to agree with you, but that's my point about the lack in good flavor.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I only use this for occasions that require utter stealth, so I moved away from the large sub ohm tanks.

I ended with harsh taste, and that sludge.

Smaller tanks that I only fill half full seems to negate this problem.

florduh

I only use this for occasions that require utter stealth, so I moved away from the large sub ohm tanks.

I ended with harsh taste, and that sludge.

Smaller tanks that I only fill half full seems to negate this problem.

Out of curiousity what diluent were you using while sub-ohming that caused the "sludge" and harsh taste towards the end?

My biggest gripe with the sub ohm tanks are the large capacity. But I noticed on the Melo 2, I am negating this somewhat. I only fill it half way (so about 2 ml), but the way the tank is set up, it looks filled through the glass. Until you turn it upside down, as the top metal portion represents over a mil of juice storage. But upright, it looks filled. Psychologically this helps me out as I hate looking at a half filled tank for some reason.

Also temp control is supposed to be a bit different than traditional sub-ohming. So you're not hitting your coils with the full power of the battery all the time. It uses the sub-ohm coils to quickly get your juice to the selected temperature and holds it there. Not sure if this would help negate any issues from using THC juice in these tanks, but I believe it would based on my preliminary tests.

Here's a decent article on Temp Control if this was confusing: https://www.misthub.com/blog/tutorial-guide-to-temperature-control-vaping/

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I used EJMix in a Subox Mini VW, and it was a lot more unpleasant than when I used the mini ecigs called Emili. They were crap, and could as well've been disposables, but they worked when I really needed to be able to keep my nerves and negative emotions in check.

I've used EJMix in various regular small ego/501-tanks, that I only fill half way, and had descent results.

I have a Holy Terp bottle on the way though, so it'll be interesting to taste the difference.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've been having a devil of a time with CC. I've had good luck and bad luck. I must have cooked the goodies out this last gram I mixed up. It seized up in my K-1 and my O.pen-style carts. I could get a hit out of them, but I kept having to melt the solution with a hair dryer so that the wick would saturate, or to eliminate bubbles caused by vaping.

I finally melted them out of the carts and added EJMix to about 1:1. I'm only going to load new O.pen carts so as to not accumulate the scorched remains of EJMix and whatever is in the concentrate that is not THC. My concentrate is not 100% THC: so maybe the 15% or so that isn't THC scorches, too? I don't know.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I've gotten my Holy Terp!

I'm om my first canna break for five years, but I'll report back when I'm part taking again.

Might as well squish some rosin and mix it up tomorrow. Letting it sit for a few weeks should only do it good, no?

Happy Jack

I've been having a devil of a time with CC. I've had good luck and bad luck. I must have cooked the goodies out this last gram I mixed up. It seized up in my K-1 and my O.pen-style carts. I could get a hit out of them, but I kept having to melt the solution with a hair dryer so that the wick would saturate, or to eliminate bubbles caused by vaping.

I finally melted them out of the carts and added EJMix to about 1:1. I'm only going to load new O.pen carts so as to not accumulate the scorched remains of EJMix and whatever is in the concentrate that is not THC. My concentrate is not 100% THC: so maybe the 15% or so that isn't THC scorches, too? I don't know.
Just curious ........ what was your base material (wax, shatter, honey oil) and how much did you use to dilute? My base oil is basically molasses like and I can make it pretty damn low in viscocity with only a 20% add rate............... still, not knowing with it is and the more I research Drew at CC the more I realize he's nothing but a snake oil salesman .....I'm not using it anymore. That said ...... it did the job.

I'd really like to hear what you think of the Holy Terp flavour/smell when its not get anything else added???
Wouldn't you agree it completely depends on the base extract and the nose/taste preference of the user .... at least to a large degree?

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Jack,

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I just smeller it, and tasted a drop on my tongue, and it was earthy. I don't have the bottle here, but if I'm not mistaken it was the "Jack".

NorVape,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The batch that seized up was labeled Ionic (brand) "Ultra Premium CO2 Shatter". It was 1 gram to 1 sample vial of "Blueberry" (.6 ml).

Last edited:
macbill,

VEGASMMJ

and the more I research Drew at CC the more I realize he's nothing but a snake oil salesman ......

Care to elaborate? I mean I know we don't know exactly what's in the product. But "snake oil" implies that the product doesn't do what it's supposed to.

VEGASMMJ,
Top Bottom